Call Event from Subform

I've figured out how to execute a sub on a subform initiated on the form.

            [Forms]![Contacts]![ContactsAddresses].Form.btnSave_Click

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the opposite.  To execute a
sub on the form called from the subform.  When I do a search it always talks
about controls, not subroutines.

Can someone please help!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:50:01 -0800, PeterM
<PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Me.Parent.myPublicProcedure
Note that the procedure must be public. Click events are Private by
default, but you can simply change that.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I've figured out how to execute a sub on a subform initiated on the form.
>
>            [Forms]![Contacts]![ContactsAddresses].Form.btnSave_Click
>
>I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the opposite.  To execute a
>sub on the form called from the subform.  When I do a search it always talks
>about controls, not subroutines.
>
>Can someone please help!
0
Tom

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Repost
Please help. In an Access 2003 Asset database (based on Microsoft’s template) I have the following tables - tblAssets, tblAssetDescription, tblDepartments, tblEmployees, and tblAssetAssignment that contains the fields AssetAssignmentID (autonum,pk), AssetID (num,fk), DepartmentID (num,fk), EmployeeID (num,fk), AssignmentDate (date/time) and AssignmentDescription (txt). My forms are - frmAssetAssignment is a subform of frmAssets and records the history of the assignment of each asset by date, department and employee. These forms are working well. My problem is that I am having diffi...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

How bulk delete calendar events?
I want to delete all my calendar events before today. I have thousands of appointments. How can I do this easily? Thanks. Display in a table view. select the first item to be deleted, hold the shift key and select the last item to be deleted, press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, VB Programmer asked: | I want to delete all my calendar events before today. I have | thousands of appointments. How ca...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Why can't I use an event sink to add a header entry
The msdn site says the property is read only. Anyone know of a way to do this? ...

using events (conceptual)
Hi, I am very much struggling with C#/OOP concepts. Coming from a (limited) VB6 background, I am trying to make the transition to C#. Something that still eludes me, despite reading dozens of tutorials on the subject, is delegates/events. I think/hope I understand the basic concept of it, but to be honest, in practice it is still mostly trial-and-error. Currently, I am rewriting a simple app that I once did in VB6, to C#. From scratch. I figured it would be a good exercise and at least I know what I want it to do. It is a form app (just 1 form), that reads data from a 3-rd pa...

Creating global function and events in ActgiveX Control in VC++
I am trying create global function and events in the ActiveX Control in vc++. but I am not able create. Whenever i create it's been created in interface and called properly in .net application. It raises an error saying catestrophic failure. So please help me in this. Any help will be appreciated. It should. A global function is incompatible with how ActiveX works, so it makes no sense. The only methods you can access in an ActiveX control are those which you can get to by an interface, and you can't have a global function in an interface. Presumably you can have static methods ...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

WTF?? KeyDown Event
Help!!! Windows 7, VB6 I have the following code with a mysterious problem. Hitting keys A thru Z or numbers 0 thru 9, assign the correct results the variable ch below. Punctuation is wrong. For example, the / key returns a keycode of 191. I'm sure there is a simple fix, but it eludes me! ' ' ' Private Sub rtbDesc_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) Static keyStroke As Long Dim sp As Long Dim ch As String * 1 If KeyCode <> 8 Then '...

Free space size of Information store discrepancy in Event viewer
Hi Runnning Exchange 5.5 sr2 on Windows 2000 server. The Hard drive that Exchange is on is 30 GB. I do an offline backup nightly so i stop the services do the backup and then start. When starting I get message in Event Viewer: Event ID 1216 Private Information store is limited to 16 GB. Ok this is fine the size of priv.edb is currently 7.42 GB. Now i notice that during an online defrag I am getting the following message: ID 1221, Private information store has 519 of free space. So as you see that doesn't add up 16 - 7.42 GB should leave more than 519 MB or free space or atleast i am ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

How to access data in a CTreeCtrl with a TVN_SELCHANGED event?
I have a property panel (CMFCPropertyGridCtrl) and a tree view (CTreeCtrl ) in my MFC app. I have captured TVN_SELCHANGED event in my own CFrameWndEx class ( called CMainFrame ) and I want to access to the item selected data. I want to update the property panel with the item data. In CMainFrame I got access to the CTreeCtrl object and the CMFCPropertyGridCtrl object. What shoud I do to access the according tree item? I think I must cast NMHDR to another structure on the event handler, maybe NMTVITEMCHANGE? and get an item ID, but I don't know what to do with it. Thanks. "R...

Upgrade sbs2008 exchange 2007 with upgrade tool. Server events no longer emailed
Upgraded my sbs2008 Standard domain's exchange 2007 to SP2 using upgrade tool (nice tool). After successful upgrade and restart all looks good. Mail working with no error. Noticed next morning that daily reports didn't turn up. I run ORF spam blocker so checked and nothing catch there that should not be caught and no monitor email. Checked SBS2008 console.reports and the visible report is for the day I did upgrade (6am). Generate report takes 3 minutes before console faults and restarts. Windows Sbs logs for monitoring show no new logs at all. Nothing obvious in event l...

Event ID: 3031 Logged
Hi All, When trying to setup mobile devices (Treo 650, UTStarCom PPC6700) to sync directly with my new Exchange 2003SP2 server, I'm getting a failure on the devices and a error being logged on the server Event Source: Server ActiveSync EventID: 3031 Description: The mailbox server ...does not allow "Negotiate" authentication to its [exchange] virutal directory. I've followed KB817379 and scrolling down to the Event 3 listed under the Exchange 2003 header, it says that this is a problem with the exchange virtual directory requires SSL. I went into IIS and went throug...

Lots of information logs event id 2
Seem to gets loads of this on Exchange server. Source ENL Description: [ENL-0x234] ENL-TCPIP: Sun Oct 16 18:17:58 2005 UDP Send Error (errno=10049)(destAddr=0.0.0.0). Any ideas? ...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

How to broadcast an event?
Hello, I would like to simulate the mouse pointer for remote controlling. But not only in my little program. I want to remote other applications, by moving and pressing the mouse. Can I send the WM_MOUSE events to other windows and how? thanks, Holger You probably have to install a system-wide hook [mouse hook.] You would need to do this in a separate DLL since you need all processes to be affected by this.. Use "SetWindowsHookEx". Marius "Holger Krei�l" <hok@inormatik.tuchemnitz.de> wrote in message news:bvql58$s04$1@anderson.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de... > Hello, ...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Control of ATI events
I have found that if I set hibernate time at 1 hour, then overnight it goes to hibernate and gives no error messages in 'Events'. But if I set hibernate at 2 hours, it never goes to hibernate, and the reason is in the Event Log: Two events occur periodically. One is Service Control Manager being called, every hour. and it gives a 7036 code..."Windows Image Acquisition Service" (WIA) entered the running state". The other is TCpip code 4201....Network Control Test. I'd like to find out first how to set the WIA to some longer period, and more about the...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

Textbox_Change event
At what point is the Userform Textbox_Change event triggered? As each character is entered (manually) or when focus is moved from the textbox? Do changes such as scrollbars becoming visible trigger the event? Using Excel 2007 TIA Chris ...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...