Calculating the Time In A Time Zone

I have a database where every record in a certain table is assigned to a Time
Zone, mostly in North America, but also around the world.

What I would like to do is to have a field on a form that takes the current
system time, and calcuates the time at that location, so I can see it without
some sort of mental gymnastics.

For example, I am in the Eastern Time Zone, and the system time on my system
says so.  I know that anything in the Central Time Zone is one hour behind.

If I know that, how do I calculate that the current time in Chicago is 1722,
when the current system time is 1822 here in Orlando?

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What I do is enter dates the database in GMT (UDT) date/time.

This way all date/times are on the same timezone base when entered.

This facilitates an easy SQL date / time search.

Date / Time displays to users are adjusted to their timezome from this UDT
base.

"GHF" <GHF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a database where every record in a certain table is assigned to a
>Time
> Zone, mostly in North America, but also around the world.
>
> What I would like to do is to have a field on a form that takes the
> current
> system time, and calcuates the time at that location, so I can see it
> without
> some sort of mental gymnastics.
>
> For example, I am in the Eastern Time Zone, and the system time on my
> system
> says so.  I know that anything in the Central Time Zone is one hour
> behind.
>
> If I know that, how do I calculate that the current time in Chicago is
> 1722,
> when the current system time is 1822 here in Orlando?

0
David

How to calculate age of a person?

average if with time
I have data sorted by date(mm/dd/yy) and time(hh.mm.ss) and I am tryin to write a function which will average every hour. How can I sor through the times and compute an average without getting all the 2 clocks, for example, as opposed to the hour on one particular day Thanks for the help, Andrew Moo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Need a little more detail. Maybe give me an example of what you have a data and then tell me what results you are trying to recieve from tha data! michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I see your problem as having separate...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Time Conversion question
One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I need a formula to convert this figure to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed previously). Any help will be much appreciated. =INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)*5/300 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:050BD3C6-E67A-4F94-B08B-695A038B33A6@microsoft.com... > One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. > 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Not Windows but Chicago Hawks win Stanley Cup
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook kisses the Stanley Cup after the Blackhawks stunned the Philadelphia Flyers 4-3 in overtime, capturing their first championship in 49 years. As you might guess, Hockey's key competition is named after me. Just kidding. P.S. I didn't know hockey is so active during Summer time, it was 90 degrees here the past week and we're not far from Chicago. Stanley Starinski I have a goat on Route9, NJ at my farm! "Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in message news:hure3v$...

Is it possible to have different send/receive patterns at different times?
Basically, here's what I want to happen. >From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops, and I can check my e-mail through our web interface. The simple approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that. So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in? Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote: > Basically, here's what I want to happen. >> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with > Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I le...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Approving time sheets in Business Portal
A user is modifying a timesheet that was previously returned by a supervisor. The timesheet has a status of "Returned". The user corrects the information and when proceed to save the following message appears: Microsoft.Dynamics.Pma.Pma.Cost Category. [Cause] The entity, Timesheet, accessed by the user failed security validation. [Correction] The system should accept a query or update for the entity that the user has..(final part of message is not displayed). The timesheet was made using Business Portal 2.5. Great Plains version is 8.0 Any suggestion on the cause of this er...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

Run time error with Find Box and automatic DOLE
I have a form for sorting through a catalog of samples. I made a find box on my form for the catalog number so records can be browsed more easily. I added the following code to the before update property of the form to fill the date in the DOLE field whenever the record is edited. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If (IsNull(DOC)) Then DOC = Date DOLE = Date Else DOLE = Now End If End Sub If I switch records using the find box on my form after having changed something in the form I get a run time error. "Run-time error '-214...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Printing 2 documents at the same time from different trays
When sending letters to clients, I would like to be able to print a copy on headed and also a copy on plain paper for the file. Is there anyway I can create a setting for this? It would be fairly straightforward using a macro to select the trays and print the document, change trays and print it again. You will find code at http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm that you can modify to achieve this. If you need any further help let us know. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham M...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

time between asking for mails about pop3
Hi, i search a possibility to decrease the time between two queries from our Exchange Server to the pop3-Server under 15min. This lower border seems to be hard coded in the exchange server, or is there somewhere in the reg a possibility to lower this timeinterval? Greetings, Andreas Grund "Andreas Grund" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i search a possibility to decrease the time between two >queries from our Exchange Server to the pop3-Server under >15min. This lower border seems to be hard coded in the >exchange server, or is there somewher...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...