Calculating number of days from input.

How do you calculate the number of days from the original date the the record
was recorded.

for example

You have a text box the has three options 90 day, 180 days, and 360 days.

And a date and time box to true to show the expiration date.

How do I get the database to show the to calculate the expiration date
depending on the number of days that was selected.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Am 04.06.2010 21:17, schrieb Dave:
> How do you calculate the number of days from the original date the the record
> was recorded.
>
> for example
>
> You have a text box the has three options 90 day, 180 days, and 360 days.
>
> And a date and time box to true to show the expiration date.
>
> How do I get the database to show the to calculate the expiration date
> depending on the number of days that was selected.

Well Dave as some of us already told you, you have to use the
dateadd-function.
Where do you want to calculate this new date? In a form or in a query?
If you use a form, tell me the names of the textfields and the combobox
and the rowsource of that combobox.

Regards
Jörn
0
UTF
6/4/2010 7:33:23 PM
You can calculate the expiration date using the DateAdd Function

DateAdd(Interval As String, Number As Double, Date)

In your case, since you are talking about 90, 180 & 360 days you could use
the "d" interval, but you may also prefer to use the "m" interval (3, 6, 12)

DateAdd("m",3,date)
DateAdd("d",90,date)
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"Dave" wrote:

> How do you calculate the number of days from the original date the the record
> was recorded.
>
> for example
>
> You have a text box the has three options 90 day, 180 days, and 360 days.
>
> And a date and time box to true to show the expiration date.
>
> How do I get the database to show the to calculate the expiration date
> depending on the number of days that was selected.

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

Number not showing correctly
Hi, I had tried to enter a 12digit number in a worksheet but after entering it its not showing the coorrect number.Eg Iam trying to enter 857268578633 in the work sheet but after entering its showing 8.57269e+11 Why its happened Like this can you please explain me the format of the cell is probably 'General' instead of number. When you select number you can select the number of decimal places and/or the comma and negative number format if you like. If it then shows up as ###### or still has the scientific format appearance, you can widen the column. "Nawas" wrote: ...

how to calculate outliers

Outlook fails to connect to exchange every second day.
Hi, I have a client who uses exchange and asked about a bizzare behaviour they have been experiencing. Apparently every (approximate) two days when they come into the office their outlook will fail to connect to exchange. What they have been doing to fix this is to Reboot exchange. For some reason this is working. What I am hoping to find is a "fix" that doens't require a reboot. :) There seems to be an error in the event log indicating that the exchange database is larger than it is allowed to be. Could this cause the experience they are seeing? Any clu...

New! Consecutive Numbering Tutorial for Publisher 2002/2003
http://www.mvps.org/publisher/numbering1.html Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org ...

Custom date format for days ... again ... thx <g>
Sorry about this but a recent question re custom date format was a special case type of scenario and I'm finding that I still don't know how to change to my preferred date format for most spreadsheets. The new sheet I'm trying to fix might show how to do this once and for all. In today's sheet I have 2 cells, B2 is formatted as "ddd" and C2 as "mmm.dd.yyyy". C2 is a date entered by user where B2 is dependent on C2 via the formula "=C3". I was hoping to finally learn how to get XL to change the "ddd" format of" Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data?
How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; Another way is: int digits = 0; LONGLONG number = aaa; while (number > 0) { number /= 10; digits++; } Geo >-----Original Message----- >How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? >for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; > LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; > > >. > As long as the number isn't negative. "Geo" <ckarakiro@hotm...

transaction number #2
hi all while generating detailed sales report in mrms 1.3 we select transaction number to view journal of that particular bill,we find correct details in journal. But when we see in detailed sales report , we find items which are not a part of that journal displayed under transaction #. Is there query any problem in detailed sales report query in qrp reports. Rizwan, Have you tried to reindex the database? It's in the RMS Administrator under the database menu. Are you having any other issues with the software? Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-...

Numbering
Hi, I am new to Word 2007 and am looking for a little be of help. hopefully someone knows the answer. I am creating a document with various headings. Having set-up my styles I have now encoutered a problem. I have various sections and the numbering is ok for Section A, however, when I reach Section B although the main heading is ok "2 SECTION B" (the numbering following from the main heading of SECTION A), the main body numbering follows of from Section A and does not restart. See example below At the present the document looks like this: 1 SECTION ...

Calculated field options???

Page Numbers across worksheets
Does anyone know how to setup page numbers in the footer that will print continuously across worksheets when you chose print entire workbook from Excel 2000 or later? The closest I was able to come was to print the tab name so that the pages came out as worksheet1 page1 Worksheet1 Page2, Worksheet2 Page 1, Worksheet3, Page 1 Etc. Thanks! Daryl You just press the CTRL key and click the specified worksheets tab, then use print preview (or print directly), you may find out the page number is continously. HTH Harry "Daryl G." <Not@Provided.com> �b�l�� news:ejJBNJBeDHA.1832@...

Assigning numbers to duplicates
I have some several fields that have duplicate Patient_ID and I would like to count those duplicates and assign them a number for example. Patient_ID Radiology 123 MRI 123 CT 123 MRI 127 CT 127 CT 138 CT I have been using the Total Count in the query but it summarizes the count for all Patients what I need is this: Patient_ID Radiology Count_Per_Patient 123 MRI 1 123 CT 2 123 MRI 3 127 CT 1 127 CT 2 138 CT ...

How can I increse the number of rows?
Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. Thanks. Use quattro pro. -- Gary''s Student "Miguel Arenas" wrote: > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. No. Sorry. Use multiple worksheets. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Miguel Arenas" <MiguelArenas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FED374-C997-45B6-BA4B-FF854194264C@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. Then you need to use more sheets, or consider another application...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

negative numbers #7
When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it to 01. samr414 Wrote: > When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it t > 01. I have been trying to duplicate this situation and it just would no happen. Maybe, formatting your cell to GENERAL or NUMBER will help yo solve this -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31439 I XL does this wh...

wrong account number in investment portfolio
My 401k investment has the incorrect account number so when I try to down load my latest transactions it see nothin. I can see the account number when I go to account details but it is grayed out so I can't change it. I just upgraded to 2004 deluxe so I could automatically download my transactions, but it won't happen until I can change the account number. Any ideas? Thanks. Delete the financial institution associated with the account and then begin anew. "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ce0a01c4530a$a9ba3e30$a401280a@phx.gbl.....

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...