Calculating field

How can I calculating value in a fields no1 and value1?
Initial, no1 and value1 is null.

name        no        value_in        atr    no1    value1
n1            4            20               in        4        20
n1            3            120             in        7        140    (7=4+3
and 140=120+20)
n1            2                               out      5        100
(5=7-2 and 100=140-2*(140/7)
n1            2            30                in        7        130
(7=5+2 and 130=100+30)

0
florin
11/20/2007 4:25:43 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Do you have some sequential field to sort by?  Just trusting that the table
is in the right order might not be the best idea..

"florin" wrote:

> How can I calculating value in a fields no1 and value1?
> Initial, no1 and value1 is null.
>

> name        no        value_in        atr    no1    value1
> n1            4            20               in        4        20
> n1            3            120             in        7        140    (7=4+3
> and 140=120+20)
> n1            2                               out      5        100
> (5=7-2 and 100=140-2*(140/7)
> n1            2            30                in        7        130
> (7=5+2 and 130=100+30)

Field Name is sort and I have another field Date who is sort.

"Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do you have some sequential field to sort by?  Just trusting that the
> table
> is in the right order might not be the best idea..
>
> "florin" wrote:
>
>> How can I calculating value in a fields no1 and value1?
>> Initial, no1 and value1 is null.
>>

>> name        no        value_in        atr    no1    value1
>> n1            4            20               in        4        20
>> n1            3            120             in        7        140
>> (7=4+3
>> and 140=120+20)
>> n1            2                               out      5        100
>> (5=7-2 and 100=140-2*(140/7)
>> n1            2            30                in        7        130
>> (7=5+2 and 130=100+30)

0
florin

Calculations
Can we multiply two fields from two different forms without using a query. Example from one table the value and from the second table the VAT(in order when the VAT changes to amend only the VAT field) When I try it I'm getting error message. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Why not use an unbound combo box to select the VAT tax rate on 1 form. Then you can multiply it in the AfterUpdate event of the combo. Alternatively it the VAT combo is bound to the table, if you are not using a continuous form or datasheet, you can just multiply the numbers as the contro...

Calculate average based on specific time or date
I have data of travel time between 2 locations each day. There are columns such as date, start time and end time in multiple columns. How can I find the average of travel time on Monday, Tuesday, Wed etc and the average of travel time if start time is between 7:00 to 7:30, etc..? Thanks for the help, cpliu, I have come up with a suggestion. Basically, I took your "average" two ways. One way would be to look at the Total Average for all days over time, and the second would be to look at the individual days themselves. Basically, the start and stop time can be Differenced ou...

Market Value calculation
When viewing my total assests in either the accounts list or portfolio manager views, why is the market value column displaying the market value minus the contributions cost in the totals? I have not found a way to display only the market value including using custom views. I am more interested in the total value of holdings at this point than gains. Besides, gains has it's own column. Can anyone point out where I may be missing something here? Is the attempt to display market value futile, stupid, worthwhile but currently broken, other? Thanks ...

One field referencing multiple bookmarks
I have a document containing several bookmarks, each a new letter for revision; A, B, C...G. For each new version of the document, a new field and letter is entered by the responsible. This procedure is ok (for now) and works fine. In the header of my document I would like the latest revision letter to appear in a field. How do I program my way out of: Check if bookmarks until last filled is found Clear field in header Insert latest (last filled bookmark) revision Any suggestions appreciated. -- Best regards Ulf One possibility, assuming that you will use only single le...

Calculating cells blanks
I am trying to write an "IF" formula that calculates when the cell contains info, and when blank refers to another cell for the calculation information. I keep receiving the FALSE message. What am I doing wrong Thanks in advance Hi try something like =IF(A1<>"",your calculation,other cell calculation) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cootz wrote: > I am trying to write an "IF" formula that calculates when the cell > contains info, and when blank refers to another cell for the > calculation information. I keep receiving the FALSE messag...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

Enter a value and calculate in same cell
Is it possible to enter a value in a cell and have a calculation performed based on the entered value, within that same cell? ex. A1 = [Enter the value] * 5 Hi this is only possible with VBA using an event procedure. Is this a possible solution for you? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany bb wrote: > Is it possible to enter a value in a cell and have a > calculation performed based on the entered value, within > that same cell? > > ex. > A1 = [Enter the value] * 5 Depends on how advanced. I have done research and coding in Access, so it won't be co...

show warning when a calculated total<0
How can I detect the condition that occurs when a calculated field becones negative? I would like to issue a warning message at that time. Thanks, Goldar, That's enough information to give a specific solution... Are you talking about a form, or a query, or a report? What's the calculation? Describe the value/s that constitute the calculation. Please... more info... Essentially though... what event/s would effect/change that calculation value? Use those events to trigger an evaluation of the new value, and respond accordingly. -- ...

calculate swim times
Hi, How can I track swim event times - mm:ss.ms format? I need to go two digits deep in the MS format. This is to be used to track swimmer's times and chart progress. Thank you all for your time and help. Format the cells with Format/Cells/Number/Custom mm:ss.00 In article <46dGc.9460$Bv.1107548@twister.tampabay.rr.com>, "saladbar" <larrysalazar@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > How can I track swim event times - mm:ss.ms format? I need to go two digits > deep in the MS format. This is to be used to track swimmer's times and > chart progre...

How to calculate portfolio performance
I currently calculate my portfolio performance using the formula: =(H2/H1)-100% (H1 is beginning value, H2 is current value) I will soon begin making withdrawals from my investment account. What formula would I use to account for money that is withdrawn? Using the current formula it would be counted as a loss. e.g. 1/1/2008 value = $10,000.00 2/1/2008 withdraw $2,000.00 2/28/2008 value = $8,100.00 I made $100.00, not lost $1,900.00. So what formula do I use to correct this? Thanks, Joe To compute your $100 profit, do as you would on paper: =H2-(H1-2000) That formula comput...

Preserving the "TO" field for outlook
You can preserve the "FROM" how do I preserve ( show mailbox name and internet mailbox it came from) on the "TO" field. I need to know what mailbox they are sending it to.. Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what it is you are trying to solve. Can you explain it with an example perhaps? "ibarr" <ibarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22428893-4DE4-4DD1-BC79-CD47B647661C@microsoft.com... > You can preserve the "FROM" how do I preserve ( show mailbox name and > internet mailbox it came from) on the "TO" field. ...

Logic for Placing Multiple field Returns in a Cell
Looking for the logic to concatenate cells, however I need one of those cells to duplicate X number of times: Such as CONCATENATE(d1, b1, b3) B3 being the value I want to return multiple times: d1=1 b1=2 b3=4 I would like my results to come out: 1244444444 Any help? Use the following UDF: Function Mergit(a, b, c) Mergit = a & b & c & c & c & c & c & c & c & c End Function -- Gary's Student "SCHNYDES" wrote: > Looking for the logic to concatenate cells, however I need one of those cells > to duplicate X number of times: > ...

Calculating...
ACC 2003 I have a form with a tab control at the bottom. The first tab has just a single control named txtComment. The other two tabs contain a different subform. The main form is based on a table - Equipment. Each subform is independent of the other and each is based on a table with a 1-many relationship to Equipment. These tables are Maintenance and Movements. When moving from record to record, there is a delay before each new record is displayed. During this delay, the status bar displays the message "Calculating..." which then changes to "Form View" T...

Automatic Mortgage Calculation
I am running MYM2003 SE Version 11. I have set up my mortgage account as a loan with all of the information regarding rate, term, amount, etc. I pay my mortgage to the bank from my checking account online. When I prepare the transaction, I input the Category as Loan Payment:Mortgage ( name of mortgage account). The mortgage account collects the data associated with the transaction but incorrectly calculations the amount of interest vs. principal. In fact the calculation is also inconsistent. (i.e. January Payment Principle 700 vs. 1243.69, March Payment Principle (138.67). This requires m...

Calculations #4
Hi, when I am calculating my totals, my sum is more than what is listed. How do I make the necessary changes to reflect the correct sum. Thanks, Jessica This might describe your problem: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html In article <1959a01c44d55$091c3920$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Jessica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > when I am calculating my totals, my sum is more than what > is listed. How do I make the necessary changes to reflect > the correct sum. > > Thanks, > > Jessica Thanks for such ...

Cannot see full email address in From field
If a message is forwarded, I cannot see the email address from the original sender(s) or those CC'd. They show a displayed name. Is this a setting on my client or is it done on the sender's client? BTW, this happens on Outlook 2000 and 2003. Thanks, Francis ...

Calculate Sliding Scale Calculation
I need to be able to calculate a commission as follows: Total Amount=$500 Total Commission (0-$100, 5%)+($101-399, 10%)+(>$400, 15%) This would calculate a different percentage for each of the ranges above and then add them together. I hope I'm making myself clear because I'm confused just writing this. It seems like there should be a very easy way to do this in Excel. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks, Andy See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html In article <1173808418.215657.199740@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, "Andy" <...

Access Fields
Can you set up a field (yes/no) that can't be checked yes if another field is checked yes? While tracking training classes, I was thinking about completed and registered fields. If someone is registered for a class, the class can't be completed. As of right now, you can click on either, but you could click on both and not have an issue. On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:01:01 -0800, pf wrote: > Can you set up a field (yes/no) that can't be checked yes if another field is > checked yes? While tracking training classes, I was thinking about completed > and registered fields. If...

Calculation in Smartlist Builder
Does anyone have any hints for writing a calculation in Smartlist Builder to convert a string field to a date field? I've tried several formulas including the CAST function, but haven't had any luck. Thanks!!! Hello Tami J No you can cast it into date type in Smart List, what you can do is create a datatype as date in sql server it self and show it in the smart list. Akram. "Tami J" wrote: > Does anyone have any hints for writing a calculation in Smartlist Builder to > convert a string field to a date field? I've tried several formulas > including...

Suggestion field
Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know the exact English word for it, it's hard to find. Thanks. You might want to take a look at IAutoComplete. Here is an interesting article that talks about it a bit. Tom http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0800/c/default.aspx "Woestenburg" <Woestenburg@discussions.micr...

How to create a looking based on 3 fields
Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction with what I want to do: I know how to use data validation to create drop downs which is phase 1. How do I cause a result to occur based on what was chosen e.g. Col A = (user chooses ABC) Col B = 80 (because ABC was choosen) Sheet 2 will have the 'list' to choose from, so it's got all the values in a Column for the user to choose from. E.g. Col A = ABC Col B = $90 Let me know if I haven't explained what I want to archive correctly. It sounds like you can use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to retrieve the assocated value. ...

Calculating gross when net is known
Frequent budget adjustments when the gross amount of the adjustment is know. I need to calculate backwards for the tax burden to come up with the net Hi, I am lost here usually you have your gross less your taxes = Your net assuming gross is in a1, tax in b1(calculated based on 10% taxes) in c1 the net will be =a1-b1 Now if you know your net to get your gross will be =c1/0.90 0.90 comes from 1-0.10 taxes "placerpone" wrote: > Frequent budget adjustments when the gross amount of the adjustment is know. > I need to calculate backwards for the t...

Formulas not calculating correctly
How do I get formulas to calculate correctly? I have used the following simple formula - =T20*Z20 where t20 = =IF(N20>100%,"0",K20-M20) z20 = 917,000 n20 = 99.04% k20=394 m20=390 When I do the math, it should total 3,668,000, yet my total in excel is 3,457,090. Why is excel calculating this incorrectly? Hi I think its rounding problem if type figures given into excel it calculates 3668000 I presume figures in row 20 are sums of ranges Tina "MWickline" wrote: > How do I get formulas to calculate correctly? > > I have used the following simple formula...

Calculations
Simple question. I am using the trial version of MS Money. I've been using Quicken for 10 years so I understand financial products. My question is does this product calculate the difference between yesterdays stock or mutual fund prices versus todays prices? It appears that it does but if I go back to a day other than todays date and try to see what the daily change is, there is no data other than the current dates data. Plus over this past week-end, I kept seeing Fridays change on Saturday and then on Sunday but only on Stocks and not Mutual Funds. If you wish to contact me direct...

Error while Calculating Checks
While calculating checks, the system hangs up on the same employee every time and gives me this error message: Unhandled script exception: Inded 0 of array 'Federal Wage Array' is out of range in script 'UPR_CHK_CALC_Process_Pay_Record'. Script terminated Anyone have any ideas what is going on? Many Thanks,, Have seen this before. Remove the employee from the batch. Then check the state tax code on the employee card, the federal tax card and all of the pay code cards. Reset the state code on all of those fields - then re-add the employee to the batch and try to calcul...