Bringing sub totals from Sub Report to Main Report

I've read posts that come close to solving this but I can't get it to work.
I simply have a report that reports on towns, the farmers that live in that
town and the acres they grow of different crops. I want to summarize the
total acres that each farmer grows and the total acres of each town.

---TOWN ONE-----------------------------------------
--------FARMER1--------------------------------------
-------------WHEAT                       100 Acres------
-------------CORN                         300 Acres------
-----------------FARMER1 ACRES    400 Acres------
--------FARMER2--------------------------------------
-------------WHEAT                       200 Acres------
-------------CORN                         600 Acres------
-----------------FARMER2 ACRES    800 Acres------

---TOTAL TOWN ONE ACRES    1200 ACRES

---TOWN TWO-----------------------------------------
--------FARMER3--------------------------------------
-------------WHEAT                      500 Acres------
-------------CORN                         500 Acres------
------------------FARMER ACRES   1000 Acres------
--------FARMER4--------------------------------------
-------------WHEAT                      200 Acres------
-------------CORN                         600 Acres------
------------------FARMER ACRES    800 Acres------
---TOTAL TOWN TWO ACRES    1800 ACRES

The Farmer Report is in a sub report that is working great.
How do I bring the TOWN TOTAL ACRES back to my main report?

Thanks,
Ken

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:28:04 -0700, KPR <KPR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've read posts that come close to solving this but I can't get it to work.
>I simply have a report that reports on towns, the farmers that live in that
>town and the acres they grow of different crops. I want to summarize the
>total acres that each farmer grows and the total acres of each town.
>
>---TOWN ONE-----------------------------------------
>--------FARMER1--------------------------------------
>-------------WHEAT                       100 Acres------
>-------------CORN                         300 Acres------
>-----------------FARMER1 ACRES    400 Acres------
>--------FARMER2--------------------------------------
>-------------WHEAT                       200 Acres------
>-------------CORN                         600 Acres------
>-----------------FARMER2 ACRES    800 Acres------
>
>---TOTAL TOWN ONE ACRES    1200 ACRES
>
>---TOWN TWO-----------------------------------------
>--------FARMER3--------------------------------------
>-------------WHEAT                      500 Acres------
>-------------CORN                         500 Acres------
>------------------FARMER ACRES   1000 Acres------
>--------FARMER4--------------------------------------
>-------------WHEAT                      200 Acres------
>-------------CORN                         600 Acres------
>------------------FARMER ACRES    800 Acres------
>---TOTAL TOWN TWO ACRES    1800 ACRES
>

>The Farmer Report is in a sub report that is working great.
>How do I bring the TOWN TOTAL ACRES back to my main report?

You want the grand total of all the towns, or what? It looks like you HAVE the
Total Town Acres shown already!

Do you really need a Subreport? I'd approach this by using Sorting and
Grouping to have grouping levels for Crop (if necessary), Farmer, and Town;
the total for each group could be displayed in that section's footer, and - if
desired - the grand total in the Report Footer.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Print Preview
When I close the print preview my CMainFrame window title is not restored to the contents prior to clicking Print Preview. If I exit print preview using Print instead of Close I see that the title is changed and the print dialog box appears. After completing the print the CMainFrame window title is restored properly. I tried restoring the title in OnEndPrinting () but it had not effect. Any idea where the title is being changed. Thanks, Neil PS: the content that of the incorrect title is the default title which I had overridden. Did you try overriding SetTitle() in mainframe? http...

having trouble creating chart to show monthly totals
Hi I'm using office XP. I keep a single spreadsheet were I record orders received. Its a very simple sheet with one order per row. In col B I place the date the order was received (in the format DD/MM/YY) I'd like to make a chart (pie or column) which displays the total number of orders per month so that I can see at a glance when were busy and quieter periods. I've tried using the wizard but all I ever get is a mess and not what I expect to see at all. I suspect I may need to separate my data by month? But is there a way for Excel to work that out for itself from a sin...

Sub select in LINQ
Hi, I'm trying to write a sub select in linq to generete the list of users. I have an XML like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <UserConfig> <Users> <User id="1" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles> <id>1</id> </assignedRoles> </User> <User id="2" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles>...

Total Saved from MSRP on 40 Col Receipt
v1.3 I am wondering if anyone has come up with a receipt that defines the "You Saved __" from the MSRP (to list on a 40 col receipt). I have found in the postings a little bit about this, but not enough. Additionally on Customer Source I have found a receipt template that will list MSRP, but only as a line item on a full page receipt. Has anyone had any luck with this, or does anyone have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated! -- Jocelyn ...

What's the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward?
When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone explain? Big Marta <Big Marta@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When you pull down Arrange and then go to Order I don't see the > difference between Bring to Front and Bring Forward. Can anyone > explain? If you have ten objects, in numerical order, front to back: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Bring to front on object 5 will reorder them 5 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring forward will reorder them 1 2 3 5 4 6 7 8 9 10 Bring for...

Mid Month Report
I am trying to produce my financial statements mid-month to allow myself to have a head start on how my company is performing up to that point in the month. As we are a little behind on our books sometimes, I usually want to review data up to the 15th of the month, but I wont have a chance to review the data until approx the 20th. Is there a way to specify the exact date you want to review data for in FRx? Or at least a way for me to review the data desired as per the situation described? Thanks Adam In the column layout you can enter date ranges on your financial co...

CRM4 reporting errors
I ran a Microsoft Update on my SQL server that has apparently broken the link between CRM4 and SQL Reporting Services. After the update I started receiving this error whenever I tried to run a report: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. One or more data sources is missing credentials I searched and found MS KB946289 that mentions this error when SQL 2005 critical update 934458 is installed. The fix they describe is either repairing or reinstalling the CRM SSRS connector. I tried Repairing and reinstalling the connector but the error did not g...

An Issue with sub-total
What is the best way to do this : I have several columns in my spreadsheet, I sub-totaled every change in Sta tement. When i compress the file, of course, the only visible rows are the sub totals which says: statement1 total xxx statement2 total xxx statement3 total xxx is there a way for me to see the column contents so that my spreadsheet will look like this : Account Statment Amount 1000 Statement1 total xxxx 2000 Statement2 total xxxx 3000 Statement3total xxxx I tried data fill. But wont work thanks and have a great new year everyone d...

Export report to pdf
I have a report that I want to sent to someone on email as a pdf attachement I go to file - sent to as an attachment and there a window opened with a number of differnt formats to select such as Text, snapshort but no pdf file But my friend's computer when he did the same there is a pdf file in the box for selection What am I mising in my omputer. My computer has ADobe reader version 8 How can get pdf file formate? I read stepen's site but I could not understand because I am a novice. klam Hi, have a look here: http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm -- Best regards, ___________...

Totally Lost Key Code
Hi. I had my computer fixed because it was acting up and I need to re-installed Publisher 2000. Problem is I can't find the key code. Is there any way to obtain a new one????? Thanks Nanci wrote: > Hi. I had my computer fixed because it was acting up and I need to > re-installed Publisher 2000. Problem is I can't find the key code. > Is there any way to obtain a new one????? > > Thanks Sorry, but no. Publisher is an Office 2000 family product and, as such, all support for it ended nearly a year ago. Please see http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeprodp for mor...

Good books/resources on creating Reports
I'm comfortable with Access - even reasonably good at it... except for one major problem... Can't do reports to save my life!!! Does anybody know any good resources for learning reports - beyond the "run the wizard" answer. The wizards are a great starting point, but I'm trying to get beyond that... Thanks! Pieter -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200912/1 Pieter, is there a particular sticking point? Is it the source query (getting all the field for the report)? Or grouping/sorting? Or ...

Report Question 08-25-07
I'm trying to create a report that will have 3 levels: Entry, Job and Parts. Specifically, a job consists of many parts and an entry of many jobs. what I want to do is to make all these data appear in a single form and later on a report, displaying also a sum for the parts cost of each job and a total for all the job costs (sum of all the parts used in all jobs). Is such a thing possible in MS Access? Hello kourkoutas. kourkoutas wrote: > I'm trying to create a report that will have 3 levels: Entry, Job > and Parts. Specifically, a job consists of many parts and an entry &g...

Paste (Ctrl-V) brings up Cust/Vend Consol Setup in v10
When doing a Ctrl-V in GP version 10 - any window, it brings up the Customer/Vendor Consolidations setup window instead of pasting the data into the field intended. You must go to Edit in the menu & Paste that way. This is a standard across all windows programs to be able to paste by using Ctrl-V. Also Ctrl-C doesn't consistantly work in the Bank Transaction Entry window - you must also go to Edit in the menu & Copy. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

Money 2006 Small Business, Spending by Category Report
When I try to view the Spending by Category Report, there is no data shown. I am viewing for all dates. Every transaction in my check register has an assigned category. Why aren't they showing up in this report? It just says "No data to display". Thank you. ...

Bring to Front
I am writing an application that I only want to have one instance of. I know how to do that part, but what I also want to do is if the user attempts to start it again that it will SendMessage to the application to Bring it Front, like in Windows Task Manager Bring to Front option. I have tried WM_SHOWWINDOW and other WM_’s but nothing seems to work. Which one should I use? I am using VC6 and I have a dialog box application. This is the last thing that I have tried, HWND mHWND = ::FindWindow(NULL, "Test Program"); ::SendMessage(mHWND, WM_SHOWWINDOW, TRUE, 0); Thanks in advance...

Problem setting focus to dialog from main window
Hi All; i'm working on an application that has been around for a while. in fact it was created in C and later converted to C++. i have to set focus to a specific dialog that is displayed and i'm not sure how to go about it. here is what happens. we have a main application with a graphics overlay class that displayes user defined points. when you right click on the overlay it allows you to enter a new point. this overlay class uses COM to access a dataserver that then calls the user point editor and the new point dialog. the new point dialog isinstantiated as part of the user ...

Calculations using totals generated in Pivot Tables
I have created a series of pivot tables showing sales totals by months by various sales staff in various states. As the mumber of staff in each state varies the number of lines in each table varies when the state is changed. I would like to calculate the average sales total for each state and the average sales by sales person year to date, and then calculate how far each sales person is above or below the average. Is there a way to calculate using the totals generated by each table, from within the table? ...

Parameters ad reports
I've heard that parameters are supported in CRM 1.2 and Crystal 9. Anyone have sample code to run a report with a specified parameter? Thanks. Sebastiano + Alex ...

VLookup to bring in not true data.
Hi, I need to create an if statement or vlookup that will compare both columns and bring back the results that is not true. I know what matches so basically I want to see all the data that doesn't match. I want to see the results of everything in Account II that doesn't match Account. Help everything I try doesn't work. Sarita aka non excel expert!!! Account Account II 154623 154142 154632 154189 154639 154632 154649 154636 154861 154739 154996 154840 155765 154850 155008 155765 ...

exporting reports to email
I am trying to export reports directly to email in html format. When I click export I get a 'Microsoft Office Outlook' box "The operation failed". Click OK and a 'Store Operation Manager' box appears with "Export Failed". Click OK and back to my active report. I can export to desktop and then email by attach ment but would rather do it in one step. Thanks for any suggestions. Michael On Oct 29, 9:13 am, astro <as...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to export reports directly to email in html format. When I click > export I ...

Report writer: Add job number from Manufacturing on sales report
How can I add the job numbering (in manufacturing) on sales and purchase order reports. ...

Is it possible to bring back the normal menu?
When I click to create a new/blank template (File/New) it launches this annoying panel on the side of the app. It doesn't follow the normal flow of opening a new/blank file for most other Microsoft applications. Basically, I'd like to be able to click File, click New, then bam there is my blank excel document. don't make me hunt on the rgiht for another thing to click on. It doesn't do that if you select the new sheet icon on the standard format bar. I have Office 2002, so I don't know how it works on other systems. "Jason" <Jason@discussions.micros...

Error when load *.jpg file in report
Dear all, Why my Access 97 app can't load jpg file ? In the other PC, I can load jpg file in report. Thanks before. Chlaris why in the heck would you still be using 97? what is wrong with you, kid? On Jun 24, 9:42 am, "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nos...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > Why my Access 97 app can't load jpg file ? > In the other PC, I can load jpg file in report. > Thanks before. > > Chlaris ...

Brings up URLs in a new window
I am testing HTML emails on my Outlook 2000. When I click on the hyperlinks, sometimes a new window pops up, sometimes a current window is re-used. In one e-mail, a current window is re-used for all the hyperlinks; but after a while, when I revisit that e-mail, all the hyperlinks cause new windows to pop up. In another e-mail, new windows get pop up on the hyperlinks more often than current windows being re-used. I look at the source code of both e-mails and make sure that there is no target=_blank. All the hyperlinks are in the basic form <a href=http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.htm">...

Graphical Report Showing Stock in Branches for Matrix Items
Would like to see a graphical report showing the stock in all branches for Matrix items. Something that looks like this... http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/gsoye/untitled.jpg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolu...