Briefcase can't sync access 2007 database

I setup a briefcase that contains an Access 2007 database file.  When I made
change to the DB in the briefcase and try to sync with desktop, get an error
message that briefcase can't sync file because the database is not repicable.
 How can I make it replicable?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:37:01 -0800, Bernie Herpin <Bernie
Herpin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Is this an accdb file or an mdb file?

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I setup a briefcase that contains an Access 2007 database file.  When I made
>change to the DB in the briefcase and try to sync with desktop, get an error
>message that briefcase can't sync file because the database is not repicable.
> How can I make it replicable?
0
Tom
2/23/2010 4:55:34 AM
I thought that it was pretty clear, that when he says 'Access 2007
database file' that he's referring to ACCDB
basically.. Because jet replication was soo buggy and unreliable,
Microsoft removed Replication capabilities from this format

if you want to use replication, you MUST use Access Data Projects and
SQL Server.

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
wrote:

>if you want to use replication, you MUST use Access Data Projects and
>SQL Server.

This is wrong.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

> I setup a briefcase that contains an Access 2007 database file.
> When I made change to the DB in the briefcase and try to sync with
> desktop, get an error message that briefcase can't sync file
> because the database is not repicable.
>  How can I make it replicable?

ACCDB files do not support Jet replication -- it's available only
with MDBs.

That said, the Briefcase is a pile of crap and nobody should be
using it in the first place, particularly with Access/Jet databases.

David
2/23/2010 10:13:20 PM
Access 2007 (format) doesn't include replication.

That is 100% factual, kid

wrote:

>> >if you want to use replication, you MUST use Access Data Projects and
>> >SQL Server.
>>
>> This is wrong.

>Access 2007 (format) doesn't include replication.
>
>That is 100% factual, kid

Correct, ACCDB's don't support replication.  However you're wrong in
that A2007 MDBs still do.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony
2/24/2010 12:02:52 AM
apparently you don't understand Access 2007 (format) doesn't include
replication.

CBF802BE5D@microsoft.com:

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in

>>> This is wrong.
>
>>Access 2007 (format) doesn't include replication.
>>
>>That is 100% factual, kid
>
> Correct, ACCDB's don't support replication.  However you're wrong
> in that A2007 MDBs still do.

He's wrong. MDB is a native format for A2007 and it supports
replication. The ACE supports replication. It's only the ACCDB
format that doesn't.

If Aaron writes it, it's 99% likely that it's wrong.

In the other 1%, it's probably misleading.

David
2/25/2010 3:58:01 AM
David;

go and spread your misinformation somewhere else.

This is perfectly factual, kid

Access 2007 (format) doesn't include replication.

-Aaron

On Feb 24, 7:58=A0pm, "David W. Fenton" <XXXuse...@dfenton.com.invalid>
wrote:
> "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote innews:p3r8o5tdpec9ecaf=
14muu0qq2obg4k14be@4ax.com:

> >>Access 2007 (format) doesn't include replication.
>
> >>That is 100% factual, kid
>
> > Correct, ACCDB's don't support replication. =A0However you're wrong
> > in that A2007 MDBs still do.
>
> He's wrong. MDB is a native format for A2007 and it supports
> replication. The ACE supports replication. It's only the ACCDB
> format that doesn't.
>
> If Aaron writes it, it's 99% likely that it's wrong.
>
> In the other 1%, it's probably misleading.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com=
/
> usenet at dfenton dot com =A0 =A0http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

"a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m" <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in
message

On Feb 22, 8:55 pm, Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.s...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:37:01 -0800, Bernie Herpin <Bernie
>
> Her...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Is this an accdb file or an mdb file?
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> >I setup a briefcase that contains an Access 2007 database file. When I
> >made
> >change to the DB in the briefcase and try to sync with desktop, get an
> >error
> >message that briefcase can't sync file because the database is not
> >repicable.
> > How can I make it replicable?

0
De

access sql database from client machine
I am having a office network consisting of a SBS2003 Server and 12 Client Computers running Windows XP. Now on one of the XP computers I am running SQL7 which holds the database to the program I am running. Now when I log into the system with a username (lets say John) who is a domain user in my sbs sever who has limited rights to the sql7 machine, I am able to run my program and access the database. Now when I log from another windows XP machine with the same user name and run my program I cannot access the SQL7 database as I get the msg “ Time Out “. However if I make the ...

Excel 2007
I was wondering if therse is any shortcut key available if you wanted to select the chart that is on a seperate sheet and the mouse is not working? Control & PageUp/ PageDown will move between worksheets in a workbook. When you are on the chart sheet, UpArrow/ DownArrow will select different objects (such as data seeries) on the chart. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP100738481033.aspx?pid=CH100947761033 gives you some of Excel's keypad shortcuts. -- David Biddulph "Raja" <Raja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BA9FE92-B221-4D97-BB7E-91DF...

briefcase
Can I use briefcase easily to run money 2003 on the notebook & desktop. If I understand how to do this I should copy the money file in my documents to the briefcase on the notebook. Anyone doing this? TIA -- ____________________________________ In Christ's matchless name ted & colleen n6trf kc6rue ...

Cannot access some sort of mail items in exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I just migrated my 140 MBX to a new ex2k3/w2k3 server and everything worked fine except, that in some mailboxes, some items are not accessible. Problem A: User A and B cannot access PGP encrypted messages, that they sent to other people. Problem B: User C and D cannot access mails which they have replied to or they have forwarded. For Problem B I moved the mailboxes back to my "old" exchange running ex2k/w2k and everything worked again. In both cases it is possible to see the first charakters of the mail using the auto-preview. When I try to view the items in the pr...

CRM 3.0 Contact sync to outlook after migration
Hi, I have migrated a crm 3.0 sbs environment to a 4 server deployment. The customer have the requirement to sync all the account / contacts to the offline database. This is easily configured and works 100%. Now I can't seem to get the local CRM contact synced to the local outlook contacts :-( this doesn't happen and I have rechecked everything? Any suggestions? -- Warren O ...

Unable to access exchange server with entourage (however other methods do work)
When I try to connect to our exchange server with entourage, all i get is the following message: Error -3176: The server can't be found. Be sure the mail server information is entered correctly in the Account Manager, and that your DNS settings in the Network Control Panel are correct. The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either. Can someone help? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:16:12 -0500, Laurent Lamblin wrote (in article <2004102821161216807%hush@skynetbe>): > The strangest part ...

Outlook 2007 #20
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I get the following message box: "Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close anyone dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing? ...

PowerPoint 2007 can't open PPT file from app installation folder
I have an application that launches PowerPoint 2007 and opens a PPT file in slideshow mode. If the file is in the installation folder (C:\Program Files\MyApp Folder\Presentations\), I get this error: The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn ...

Exchange Active Sync
Recently migrated a test user from exchange 2003 to our newly implemented exchange 2010. Everything works except Active Synch. I can no longer connect to server, which is still an exchange 2003 Bridgehead server. How can I get the Bridgehead to know to connect to exchange 2010 active synch. This worked before between sites with exchange 2003 and the bridgehead. Thanks, CK72264 Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc9a5bf6-f5bb-4443-a92a-c9a46fd3aeb2/wp...

Pivot table in Excel. Exported data from access as excel sheet.
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. I do that each time with the export to excel button available in access which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it into appropriate excel file format. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with creating the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. I would like to have a pivot table in sheet2 based on data range in sheet1. C...

Getting Error: Access Denied message
Ok, I'm *new* to Sharepoint, so please be gentle! :) I installed Sharepoint 2007 yesterday, and all seemed to go fine. I can log in from the server to Sharepoint using my domain username & password. When I switch back to my desktop machine and go to http://server or http://server.domain.com I keep getting Error: Access denied error message along with Current User You are currently signed in as: ICS\sgrosz Sign in as a different user Request access I have made sure that the domain username of ics\sgrosz is in a group I created called Users, and the Users group...

Public Folder Sync
I have a Public Contact List (Public Folder) on my Exchange 2003 Server. My mobile users want a copy of this locally for when they travel. They want to make updates and upon returning to the office, they want it to syncronize with the public contact list, which is a public folder. Is this possible ? I know the individual folders will syncronize if you use cached mode, but how can I do the same with public folders, so all of my travelers can share the same contacts, and they will update automatically when they re- connect at the office ? Thank You in advance, Parry Sands Add it t...

Random Selection in Access
I have a list of over two hundred names and id#'s. I need to find a way to randomly select about 30 names and/or id#'s from that list. Any ideas? "latwood" <latwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6746A3AB-1FAC-41A7-B70E-E18177F0E482@microsoft.com... >I have a list of over two hundred names and id#'s. I need to find a way to > randomly select about 30 names and/or id#'s from that list. Try this code and query: Function GetRandomRecords() As Integer Static intPicked As Integer If intPicked = False Then Randomize intPicked ...

Stop Access 2000 users from converting and Access 97 mdb
We have a share Access 97 database that we want Access 200 users to view but we do not want them to convert the database to 2000. Does anyone know of a way to stop them and allow both 97 and 2000 users to view the database? You can prevent the convert dialog from displaying, however they could still convert using the menus. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275164 -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "jeg035" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a8f01c3d473$01881950$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We have a share Access 97 database that we want Access 200...

database time
Hi all, Is it possible to keep SQL server database time different from system time? It is required for me at one client if they want to maintain their server in US. By default it follows the system time in SQL db. I have a limitation that not to change system time. I would like to know without changing system time, can I change db time in SQL server? Your response is highly appreciable. Thanks and regards, Vijay ...

2007 Reports
When I open a report in 2007 I would it to open maximized. Currently, it opens in the corner with the banner and navigation pane present. How do I get a full screen on open and still allow me to show my toolbars. thank you. Arturo, You didn't mention how you were opening the report, so I assumed it is a button. You can use this command... DoCmd.Maximize ....with the button that you are using to open the report. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regin...

Accessing my outlook from different computers
I have set up my outlook to recieve my email from my Verizon account onto my laptop. Now I am on my desktop doing my budget and when I open my Outlook, my account isn't there. I set it up like I did on my computer and now it is getting emails from my verizon account, but all my other information is not there, my calendar, other folders, etc. Is there a way to set up a sharing thing on my desktop with the account I set up on my laptop? I am not good with IT jargon, so please be kind to my ignorance. Answered here daily. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp -- Ru...

How can I stop Outlook 2007 warning about meeting location?
So I've upgraded to Office 2007 and Outlook 2007 with Bus Contact Mgr. Now, whenever I invite someone to an appointment with the location field blank, Outlook pops up a warning dialog: "Outlook has detected the following: - The location is not specified. Do you want to send the meeting anyway? Yes/No" This is incredibly irritating. How can I configure Outlook to stop warning about blank meeting location field in meeting requests? Please tell me there is a registry setting or something that can make this nagging software ge...

Canadian Bank Access
Why does my bank "TD Canada Trust" show up as one of the financial institutions you can access on-line in the MS Money website, and yet it does not appear as one of the listed institutions when running MS Money 2005 or MS Money 2006 Canadian edition? -- Doug Brooks In microsoft.public.money, Doug11046 wrote: > >Why does my bank "TD Canada Trust" show up as one of the financial >institutions you can access on-line in the MS Money website, and yet it does >not appear as one of the listed institutions when running MS Money 2005 or MS >Money 2006 Canad...

Where is the A3 page size in Word 2007?
A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want to insert an A3 document in my report. The selection of paper sizes is provided by the printer driver. Is your printer capable of printing A3? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD71E715-A115-484B-B2FA-A544F7CC950D@microsoft.com... > A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want > to > insert an A3 document in ...

Update crashes Access except in debug
Running Access 2003 on XP, doing a select from a table and passing the results to this subroutine to update another table. When running in debug mode, it works. When I stop it an anaylze the update statement, copy and paste into a new query, it works. Running without debug turned on, Access crashes (on three different installations of Access). What I know to be true: 1. the input record set contains records, all fields are non-null 2. the datatypes are correct 3. it crashes on the first record Any clues? ---- Sub UpdLicenseGrantedOutput(rstOutput As Recordset) Dim SQL_Up...

Volume license Office 2007 Pro Plus missing MSI
We have Office 07 Pro Plus volume licensing, we downloaded it and plan to deploy it via GPO using an MSI. However, after extracting the ISO there is no MSI, , not for the Office suite anyway. The MSI is required for push deployment in GPO, and from researching should be included in the software. As well articles I've found about deployment mention using the MSI, mainly a TechNet article. Any help, suggestions or guidance is much appreciated. Thanks! Get your documentation out and have it ready. The support is free depending on your documentation Here you will find the Ph...

How do I sync windows mail with my charter.net mail address?
I'm having difficulty doing this. Any suggestions? Windows Mail doesn't "sync" POP accounts. Please explain what the exact problem is. Trouble with sending or receiving? Please post a=20 copy of any error message you get. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "mhope3244" <mhope3244@charter.net> wrote in message = news:0DF79098-8E77-4E4A-84F3-64EFD6B5626B@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty doing this. Any suggestions? ...

Access to SQL
I have an Access database that I have recenlty upgraded the tables to SQL. Unfortunately the front end is still in Access (I am more of a VB guy). My problem is that the Access forms have subforms that allow users to enter and modify data. However now that the tables are in SQL users cannot add new records, the small "new record" button is greyed out on the navigator and there are no empty fields for them to add to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Rick > One last thing: I'd hate to burst your VB bubble, but for > data-centric applications, MS Access'...

Linking Ecel to Access
I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process macro at the line. Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END") The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...