bound control or inbound control

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Katherine,
There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on
the form do you want to use an unbound control?

Jeanette Cunningham

"Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jeanette

DataGrid Control 6.0 fails to load in Debug
I am unable to get the ActiveX control "Microsoft DataGrid Control 6.0 (SP5) (OLEDB)" to load neither in VS.Net Resource editor nor in ActiveX Control Test Container. I have tired unregistering C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdatgrd.ocx and reregistering it, but it still will not load. I have version 6.0.89.88 on my Windows XP machine. When I look at it in Depends, everything (other then mpr.dll) looks fine. It does seem to load fine when it is used in the release version of my application; it doesn't in the debug version. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be? S...

TreeView Control 07-13-07
I need to build a treeview control if I can for use in Access. I want to copy/emulate the Microsoft Code Librarian and apply the "look" to something similar in my Access app. I don't have to make a perfect copy, but that is the basic look I need. Everything I've seen seems very complicated and/or limited. Does anybody have any tips on how I can get going on this without burying 10,000 hours doing it? I am not the most advanced programmer on earth by any stretch. Thanks ! -- RMC,CPA There is a treeview control available in Access - you don't need to build one fr...

Subform Control
Hi, I have designed a database for members of our organisation with tables, queries, forms, subforms, graphs etc. Our members are independent and we have no say over their IT systems and so i need the database to work on Access 2000, 2003, 2007. I wrote the original in Access 2000 (lowest common denominator) and i am now testing it in 2007 and 2003 to get them to work. After a few issues, i now have it working fine in 2007 but have a really strange issue in 2003. I have a main form (frmCompany) with a subform (frmStaff), they link together and show the right staff with the right comp...

Conditional format multiple controls
Hi, I have a form which is used to update records in the ClientTable. I want to set the back colour to be red when the field is blank to alert the user that data is needed. I know I can do this for each control (textboxes and combo boxes) individually but as I have a large number and the cnditions would be the same, is there a way to code all controls in one go? Any help woudl be appreciated. On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:46:17 -0700, bamf wrote: > Hi, I have a form which is used to update records in the ClientTable. I want > to set the back colour to be red when the field is blank...

How to Run query based on txtbox value that is part of control source
Hi guys I've created form using wizard. Later on i created listbox where I want to show data based on my quiery SELECT EmpEquipmentSkills.EmpNum, EquipmentTraining.Equipment, EmpEquipmentSkills.Status FROM EquipmentTraining INNER JOIN EmpEquipmentSkills ON EquipmentTraining. EqNo = EmpEquipmentSkills.EqNo WHERE (((EmpEquipmentSkills.EmpNum)=[Forms]![Employee1]![txtEmpNum]) AND ( (EmpEquipmentSkills.Status)="x")); That is assigned to row source table/query type And in VBA I have added Event : Private Sub txtEmpNum_AfterUpdate() List20.Requery End Sub But when I start for...

Controlling User Input
I have CForm derived class with a collection of controls i.e. Radio buttons, text controls, check boxes, ...... etcs some of them when clicked requires preventing the user from using the other controls in the window until a designated process is complete. How can I do this ... TIA Viper >I have CForm derived class with a collection of controls i.e. Radio buttons, >text controls, check boxes, ...... etcs >some of them when clicked requires preventing the user from using the other >controls in the window until a designated process is complete. >How can I do this ... Disable...

bound column in combo box
My form contains a combo box that allows me to pick a particular client. In this combo box there are five columns - the first being the bound column. Once I select the correct record I click on a command button which should pull up a different form filtered to this combo box selection. However, I get an error that states "... can't find the field "|" referred to in your expression". Private Sub Command116_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMain", acNormal, , Me.Cbo108.Column(0) = [ID_No] End Sub Any thoughts on what is wrong here? On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10...

Drawing control on a webpage
Hi all, I am using Visio drawing control in my asp.net web page. I have a code which creates a DrawingControlClass object in my server code Microsoft.Office.Interop.VisOcx.DrawingControlClass dr=new Microsoft.Office.Interop.VisOcx.DrawingControlClass( ); i am using the drawing control to get access to the Application object so i am creating it only on the server. When i run this application everything works fine but when i rerun the application i am gettting "Class not registered" COMException but when i do a IISReset the problem goes of and reoccurs the second time i execute thi...

Show own controls in third-party app
Hi, in my application I start a third-party application from my program. I want to display some controls (at least a bitmap, which is changed to display status info, if possible a button as well). The input focus should remain by the third-party app. My static control should always be displayed on top. Any idea? If there is a solution would it be possible to display a button on top as well where both the button in his region and the third-party app in the remaining area have input focus. Thanks in advance, Thomas ...

Locking and disabling controls
Hello, I would like to great an administrators form that would lock and disable controls in an all users accessable form. Example; I have a set of records that after all of the users have entered quarterly information I would like to lock and disable the controls so they cannot go back and change the information. I want to lock the controls after each quarter. I would like to use the value set by a checkbox in an administrators form to control the properties in the current form. When I try using [sometable]![somefield]=yes i get a compile error "Can't find project or library&...

Forms and Controls
I am coding using VBA for Excel 2000. I have a form, on this form I want to have a label (or text box) and 3 radio buttons, each radio button will have different values, 0,3 and 5 for example. What these are are questions with one possible answer, Low, Medium or High (low,medium and High will not always be worth 0,3 and 5). Somehow I would like to have this form read a spreadsheet for the questions and values for the radio buttons. I think if I knew how to create control arrays dynamically this would work. Can anyone tell me how to do that or give me another idea on how to do this. Than...

Lock The Lower Bound Prize
Can Anyone please tell me how i can lock the lower bound prize, rather than the message to select. (YS or NO). We have created a series of Utilities amongst which one of the options is to control the Lower and Upper Bound sales. This is a paid add-on [ Store and HQ Utility] that embeds a large number of options. Contact me for more details. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealmn.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "imma" <imma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FD27C52-1EC4-452C-8B99-9B6A8C3741D5@microsoft.com... > Can Anyone please tel...

Catalog bound on top
I am looking for a template that allows you to use a normal sheet of paper, folded to make a book. Now I know this works for Catalogs, however I want to bind it at the fold and have it turned with the fold at the top and open it like a flip chart. Any suggestions. I can work it out, but the page printout doesn't work in the booklet format. HELP! Does your printer have this setting? It will have something like "flip pages up." You could also use the tent card option, add as many pages as needed. Publisher will automatically print it correctly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP h...

Problem after adding control
I've added a button to one of my dialogs and now the program crashes in DoDataExchange(): DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_BUTTON, m_MyButton); if I use GetDlgItem() it crashes. What gives? Thanks, Drew Drew wrote: > I've added a button to one of my dialogs and now the program crashes > in DoDataExchange(): > > DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_BUTTON, m_MyButton); > > if I use GetDlgItem() it crashes. What gives? > > Thanks, > Drew > Drew: Crashes? Crashes? What kind of description is this? How can anybody help you with just this information? David Wilkin...

controlling fields on a form
I am using Word 2003 to make a form and put in some fields. There are a couple of things I am unable to do, however. When data is input into the field by the user, text below the field is pushed down. How do I control the field so it does not affect surrounding text? I would like to set the field at a maximum length (I can do this) and not have the other text on the form get moved. Finally, the fields I insert are of a fixed length, about 1 inch. I double click on the field and can set the maximum length, but the default size of the field remains at about 1 inch. Can I g...

bound form and updates
I normally use access like VB and use unbound forms, however I am in a situation where it would be real quick and dirty to create a bound form for my application. I need someone to explain something to me. I don't understand the use of the command button for saving a record when everytime I change anything on a field in a bound form, it is instantly updated in the database which is what I DO NOT want. How can I make it so the user has to click on the save button to save the record without the fields automatically getting updated in the database while using the bound form.... ...

Using a Space in Webbrowser Control
Hello: As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so simple... any help is appreciated. I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works directly in firefox and IE). Here's some sample code: ------------------------------------ strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text txtURL.Text = strWebPage Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE DoEvents Loop DoEven...

Adding control to report
I'm currently running a retention report from my database where you select a specific date range and it returns all records from that range. The code I use is: Dim strWhere As String Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "RetentionReport" strWhere = "[Date] >= #" & _ Forms!CountsReportMenu![FromDate] & "# And [Date] <=#" & _ Forms!CountsReportMenu![ToDate] & "# " DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , strWhere I'd like to add a line in so it will also pull only the re...

right-button menu in RichEdit control
Hello, I placed a RichEdit on a CDialog. No menu appears when I right click the control at runtime (as it does with normal edit boxes). Is it posible to enable it? Thanks Vaclav > I placed a RichEdit on a CDialog. No menu appears when I right click the > control at runtime (as it does with normal edit boxes). Is it posible to > enable it? > It dosnt seem to happen by default. You have to do it yourself: http://www.codeproject.com/richedit/popupdemo.asp --- Ajay Thank you! Vaclav "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:115627...

text bounding rectangle
Is there any way to retrieve text bounding rectangle in a button (BS_GROUPBOX in particular)? -- RainMan Hi RainMan >Is there any way to retrieve text bounding rectangle in a button >(BS_GROUPBOX in particular)? I think maybe what you want is the CButton::GetTextMargin http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/ vclrfcbuttongettextmargin.asp Thanks! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Community Support -------------------- Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups! http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

Excel Control Button
I Have excel spread sheets designed and within this spread sheet am using a control Button to reset various cells to a default setting. This spread sheet is protected and is being used on a network within this office. One of the users on the network which uses these spread sheets had been using it with no problem....until that computer screen resolution was changed to a higher resolution. Since it was changed to a higher resolution...when the control button is used, it reduces in size, each time until it disapears. No other features of the spread sheet is affected. Any Help ...

How to set the Calendar control's background as transaparent?
Hi all, I have Access 2003. Question: I have a form and a calendar control on it. I set the Picture property of the form to a jpeg file. But I can't seem to set the calendar control's background to transparent. I simply would like to have the calendar control's background to be transparent so that I can see the picture, ie, the picture from the form's Picture property. Any way I can do that? Thanks, Ben Not if you're talking about an ActiveX Calendar control. You could maybe do this with a form-based calendar such as Allen Browne's http://...

Controls in an MDIClient Window
how to place control, like a Button in an MDIClient Window? Create the button yourself using create func young_leaf a �crit : > how to place control, like a Button in an MDIClient Window? > It really is no different than creating it anywhere else except that you will need to do it yourself in code. Before anything, you will need to subclass the MDIClient window after it has been created. Once you have this, you can create the button as you normally would. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Yes. I aready did that, CMDIClientWnd class derived from CWnd. and I have m_wndMDI...

OWA
We have a domain controller running Win2k and Exch2k. We have OWA up and running fine. The url to get to OWA is http://exchsrvr.ournetwork.com/exchange. Of course, there is a DNS entry pointing exchsrvr to the exchange/DC box. However, exchsrvr is also listed in ADUC as a domain controller. Is this necessary? Basically, there are 2 domain controller listings for the same computer. I did not set up OWA, but I looked on Microsoft's site and saw nothing about about having to set up a second listing for the same DC. thanks for any help I'm a little confused. Are you saying ...