blinking form afterupdate

Hi,

When i use this command:

DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70

The form blinks with every update. Is there a way to prevent the form from
blinking ?

I hope to hear from you !
Best regards and thanks in advance,
Pierre

0
Pierkes
5/21/2010 5:13:28 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This code requeries the form and displays any changes to the data.
Where are you using that code - is it on a button or some other event?

"Pierkes" <info@advisearch.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When i use this command:
>
> DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70
>
> The form blinks with every update. Is there a way to prevent the form from
> blinking ?
>
> I hope to hear from you !
> Best regards and thanks in advance,
> Pierre

0
Jeanette
5/21/2010 5:34:49 AM
Hi,

The code is used on several things;
- a combobox - afterupdate()
- a button
- a group checkbox

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Pierre

"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This code requeries the form and displays any changes to the data.
> Where are you using that code - is it on a button or some other event?
>

> Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
>
> "Pierkes" <info@advisearch.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> When i use this command:
>>
>> DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70
>>
>> The form blinks with every update. Is there a way to prevent the form
>> from blinking ?
>>
>> I hope to hear from you !
>> Best regards and thanks in advance,
>> Pierre

0
Pierkes

Blink
How can I make a value blink? Excel can't do that. You'd need a macro with a timer that changes cell color. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Treeskier" <ttorgerson3@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23XUPMgx3DHA.536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can I make a value blink? > > ...

Form size changing
Access 2003. I have an input form with a command button that executes a stored procedure (through a pass-through query) to write records to a table in SQL Server. On click, the form restores itself. I don't have any code changing the size. There are several things happening, pass through query being run, null values being checked etc. I can paste the code, rather long, but I was hoping there might be a few things to look for first that could be causing this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 ...

Report/Form formatting
I asked this question on the formscoding NG but perhaps it's better posted here? Shouldn't this conditional formatting work? (CF applied to a text box on a form.) 1st cond: Expression is --- [Missing]=True Red 2nd cond: Expression is --- [Deceased]=True Blue Only the second of the two specifications takes effect. If I reverse them, once again it's only the 2nd spec that effects display. Bill I'm not sure I follow how a "forms"-related question belongs in a "reports" newsgroup... Are you using conditional formatting on two separate controls...

Change event on GP 10.0 form
Hi, I have created a form in GP 10. I have a string field on that form. When I change the value in that field and press the close button (red X in upper right), then print the value in the window post or form post script, the old value is still shown. This behavior is not similar to GP forms. What causes this change of behavior? Thanks. ...

Creating a form for a Password
I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On the form I have a text box that accepts the user's password and I have 2 command buttons one is OK and the other is CANCEL. Can anyone tell me how to make these buttons work to open the form of reports? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:52:00 -0700, mrsgwen wrote: > I have created a Password form that will secure another form. Once the > password is entered it will open the form that has the list of reports. On > the form I have a text b...

Blinking
Hi! I OnTimer have a Me!lblBlink.Visible = Not Me!lblBlink.Visible Work fine. Question: 1 - I would like that it blinking only after click on command button; 2 - That it blinking only "n" times. Is it possible, please? Thanks in advance. an Set the form's TimerInterval property in the Click event of that command button. Add a declaration for a Static variable in the Timer event to keep track of how many times the code's been executed, and set the TimerInterval to 0 once you've hit the desired limit. Private Sub Form_Timer() Static intIterations As Integer Me!...

Use Form Modules from exterior database
I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. MyDb contains a form MyForm MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a form module form_MyDialogForm If I compile the following code in MyForm: Private WithEvents dlg As MyLibrary.form_MyDialogForm I receive an error:< User-defined type not defined> How can I do to use form_MyDialogForm from an exterior database? Thank you Gio wrote: >I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. > >MyDb contains a form MyForm > >MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a f...

Special Form
Hi All, I need to create a subform that contains a list of items, where the items are always in view like on a spreadsheet. Using the Items as column 1 I need another column for data entry and the other columns are for historical data. When I create a query for the Subform to show the blank list & the historical of course I cant input anything because of the historical data, but if the subform is just based on the item want, it works. How do I get all the information in 1 subform without loosing the item list from (historical query) . Any suggestions would be wonderful Ok I...

Blinking Cell #2
I am thinking that this is impossible, but thought that I would as anyway. Is there a way within Excel to have a "blinking" cell? Preferbl without writing an infinte loop macro. Thank you, Joh -- kralj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=995 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27430 Hi not possible without vBA. You'll have to use the OnTime method and this would slo down Excel. So don't use it :-) If you need some cod...

Form Loading Graphic/Script
Hi, I have a fairly intense DB and the forms can take a few seconds to load the data. Not terrible long so i am not too concerned about reducing the load time but i would like to know if there is anyway of notifying the user that the DB is doing something. Is this possible? Steve ...

OWA 2003 form-based authentication
Hi all, Can we undo the OWA 2003 form-based authentication? Even I unchecked the OWA 2003 form-based authentication in http vitual protocol, but is's still in effect. Thanks. Did you restart IIS (iisreset)? Nue "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCFBE035-FFE4-4A02-B827-B33DE5954D51@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Can we undo the OWA 2003 form-based authentication? Even I unchecked the > OWA 2003 form-based authentication in http vitual protocol, but is's still > in effect. > > Thanks. > You probably have to...

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...

blinking text
I am using Front Page 2002 in windows 7 and I want to make a line of text blink. How do I make a line of text blink? charles arnett Google for: "blinking text script" Keep in mind it is considered to be very annoying to most users. And, it can cause seizures in people who suffer from epilipsey and other issues. Many people consider the use of blinking text to be very amateur. I, for one, will immediately leave a site that has it, it is so annoying. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "charles arnet...

Forms collection in vba
I don't think there's a built in Forms collection in vba like there is in vb what i'm trying to do... I have a workbook with several sheets with 'longish' names such that i can't see all the sheet tabs at one time. it makes it a pain to navigate through sheets, having to use the arrow buttons to bring the desired sheet into view so I created a form to list sheets and double click the sheet name activates that sheet. a module sub creates and shows the form... i'm trying to make it so if the form is already existing the module doesn't have to create a new one(sin...

Modal form passes sequence without waiting?
This MUST be simple. I have a modal form that asks for entry of one field and has an OK button.For the only field on the form I have a got-focus sub to load the field witha default value.The OK button has a sub to move the contents of the field to an externalpublic variable and then docmd.close.What happens is that when the form is opened withDoCmd.OpenForm "<name of the form>", acNormalthe calling procedure continues to the succeeding statement without waitingfor the form's OK to be hit. The form remains visible.Hints????Dick On Mar 28, 4:17 pm, n...@rgcle.com wrote:> ...

Printing from a form
I have set up an email form but when I try to print it out I just get a list of fields as opposed to the way the form is layed out. Because of security restrictions 'print screen' is locked down. Is there anyway I can print my form off so it looks like the on screen version ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

calculated field from a form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? You can but you should not. Instead, calculate the value each time you need it. Stored values are almost guaranteed to get out of synch sooner or later. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A519CB5-029B-46FF-80B5-22D6FEA0C7AB@microsoft.com... > Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? Ok, makes sense. If i wanted to do it to get a snapshot and save that in the table, how do you do this? "Larry Daugherty" w...

Create image in Form 'on the fly'
Hi I'm using Excel 2003 & AutoCAD I have an XML file of point co-ordinates that I use to create 2d symbols for AutoCAD. On the Userform I would like an Image of each of the symbols to display as they're selected from a listbox. To do one for each would take for ever (& they're likey to change). Is there a technique to do this on the fly using the XML data? Sorry, this is the first time I've done this & i've no idea where to start. Thanks in advance. Dave F> ...

multiple forms base?
how can i create a multiple forms project not multiple documents, and how to call different forms by selecting from menus? thanks:) pc_newbie wrote: > how can i create a multiple forms project not multiple documents, and > how to call different forms by selecting from menus? > > thanks:) > In a doc/view application each form would be a CFormView. See the VSWAP32 and ENROLL samples in MSDN for how to swap the view from form to form. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote: > pc_newbie wrote: > >> how can i create a multiple forms p...

References on A2007 Form/report design?
I'm having a little trouble learning the Access 2007 developer interface, particularly the changes in form & report design. I don't find Access Help to be of much use. Can anyone recommend a book or article that covers the changes in the design interface from A2003 -> A2007? Thanks! Hi Bruce, What specifically are you having trouble with? My FAQ pages on Acces 2007 might help you: http://accessjunkie.com/faq2007.aspx -- Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 ...

blinked letters
I would like to know how to chage blinked letters im my word 2007 Could you please clarify that? You have text that has a blinking effect? Simply turn off the effect. Of course it would be to use Styles. Then simply apply a different style. Jacintho Cardoso wrote: >I would like to know how to chage blinked letters im my word 2007 -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201002/1 I posted the following macro recently, for use in Word 2007 Sub AnimateFont() Dim sAnimation As String If Len(Selection.Range) = 0 Then ...

Forms #2
We are using Microsoft Outlook 2002 with Exchange Server 2000. Our problem is that we have a custom form that cannot be opened by anyone except the person who created it. When others try to use the form, they get the following error: The form you selected cannot be displayed. An error occurred while intalling the form. I am assuming this is a permissions issue but I don't have a clue where to start on this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I tried what you suggested and now the error is: The form you selected could not be displayed. An error occurred registering th...

Enter values in table from form using dlookup
Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to put values in a table, using data entered on a form? Like if the person enters for item a, 1, then it adds 1 to item A in a table. I've tried dlookup(blah) = me.text1 but it doesn't work. Thanks Dear s4: What you want is the way it is supposed to work. You don't need to do a lookup to move data from a form to a table, you simply need to "bind" your form to the table (or a query based on the table). Every form has a "Record Source" property; which should be the name of the table or query you want to be the source ...

Default font for forms
How do I change the default font when designing a form? It defaults to Tahoma and I don't want it to. As far as I know you cannot create a new default font for all controls at once. However, you can change the default font (and alignment, etc.) for each type of control. Open the toolbox, click the icon for the control, and click the Properties icon on the toolbar (or click View > Properties from the menu). Make the desired changes to font, etc. The changes will apply to new controls. You will need to make similar changes for other controls. "Rod" <Rod@discussio...

Blinking Text
I want to know the method, how do I get text blink in a excel sheet. You have to use a macro to do that in Excel. This link explains how: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/BlinkingText.aspx If you are new to macros, this link to Jon Peltier's site may be helpful: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/03/09/how-to-use-someone-elses-macro/ Hope this helps, Hutch "Suresh Lohar" wrote: > I want to know the method, how do I get text blink in a excel sheet. Just to follow up on Tom's message... be sure to read the Summary section at the bottom of the webpage...