Best way to play Video files on an Access form?

Hello,

My client has an Access front end with an SQL Server back end that will be
storing Videos.  The client wants to play those videos on an Access form.  I
know I can use Windows Media Player, but just wondering if anyone has
experience doing this that has some insight on what the best way to handle
this is.  I know Media Player can be a bit of a pig, so if there is a better
solution, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!
Rico

0
Rico
11/19/2009 5:33:46 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

how disable msg: "Your files are attached & ready to send"
In Windows explorer when I want to e-mail a file, I right click on the file, select Send To and then Mail Recipient. In the resulting Outlook window, It always includes in the body of the e-mail: "Your files are attached and ready to send." How do I disable getting this message in the body of the e-mail. It really serves no purpose and gets in the way of any message I want to write. Thank you. Just delete the text & change the subject line - or instead of doing it this way, create a new message, and attach the file (browse to it). Andrew wrote: > In Windows explorer w...

How to access Outlook 2000?- in extended support phase
One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called Microsoft and gone to their online help and there is nothing for Outlook 2000. How do I get all the emails and folders stored in my Outlook? "Jerseygirl" <Jerseygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:568F0FE0-EB59-4500-980C-0CA22289683E@microsoft.com... > One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message > that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called &g...

downloaded file has no file extention
Downloaded a file using utorent but the file has no file extention. Tryed to unrar the file but that did not work. Thanks for sharing. How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Good Post http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BCDB9C6-1064-45A5-8EA5-B61272BCA269@microsoft.com... > Downloaded a file using utorent but the file has no file extention. Tryed > to > unrar the file but that did n...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Data not downloading to .xls file but it is in the database
OK, I am relatively familiar with Access 2003, but I have been asked to figure out why the data in that is entered into the database shows it when looking on the database but it is not generating it to the list of updated documents. Here is a bit of the background...I just started working at this company 2 days ago, well the file is an excel file but the path for the file is generated to a person's C: drive who no longer is employed here. I am trying to change that path...and am having no luck. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks! Is the file even on their machine? You...

Displaying Multiple-Page Linked OLE Files in Excel
Is there a way to display more than the first page of a multiple-page Word document linked to an Excel spreadsheet as an OLE object? It's possible to click through to the original document, but I'm unable to find a way to display the entire document within Excel without distorting the image. ...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

Windows File Explorers could allow fonts face and color changes.
When I look at the desktop, I sometimes wish I could sort my files and folders. I imagine a system of boxes or cells to group items. The Desktop would look like a table of cells and the user would be able to put for example all the work files & folders in a cell, all the personal files&folders in another cell. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Outlook 2007 cannot open .pst file
I just installed Outlook 2007, then moved older outlook pst files successfully into my new Outlook. However, I closed it and then restarted it. It claims that it cannot open the Outlook.pst file anymore. In trouble, need any and all input as to how to fix it; other than completely reinstalling it. I will loose some new email that I downloaded. thank you, -- ravimk http://forums.slipstick.com Which method did you use to reconnect your older pst-files? "Moved it" is not a valid action nor does it describe exactly what you did. The proper way to reconnect...

Defrag/Reduce STM File
Can I reduce or defrag the STM File? We have Exchange 2000 organization. All the clients use Outlook to access their mails. We have some users for whom we have configured to forward e-mails to their external mail accounts. We have not enabled OWA. Then also, the STM file size has reached around 5GB. My EDB file has also reached almost 11GB. I am reducing it by offline defrag. But, how to defrag STM file? How can I reduce the size of STM file? Thanks in Advance, Regards, Denis On Fri, 26 May 2006 04:51:01 -0700, Denis <Denis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I reduce...

Upgraded to Beta 2007 and files aren't being read
The files we created a week ago w/ the first Beta verson are now, not being read in the latest Beta upgrade. Any one having this issue or do you know a fix. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Mqueen" <Mqueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96800D36-7B62-4BEC-9572-22C8CF04B5E5@microsoft.com... > The files we...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

www.OutpatientSurgicare.com/video/
www.OutpatientSurgicare.com/video/ Outpatient Doctors Surgery Center is committed to offering the healthcare the community needs. We offer patients a meaningful alternative to traditional surgery. This state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center, located in the heart of Orange County, at 10900 Warner Avenue, Suite 101A, Fountain Valley, Ca 92708, offers the latest innovations in outpatient surgery and technology. Please Call For Our Special Cash Discount Toll Free: 1-877-500-2525 Please Visit Our Websites: We offer extreme cosmetic surgery makeover packages. http://www.SurgeonToTheStars.com htt...

Macro to Fomat Excel to .csv File
I have an Excel spreadsheet with contact information I want to import to a CRM lead system. Current Excel sheet format is all in one column going down as follows: Company Name, Address, City State Zip (all one field), Phone number, then empy cell then repeat of 4 cells listed above. Want to convert to a new .csv file with listing going left to right on on line as follows (ending up with 6 column fields - 1. Company Name 2. Address 3. City 4. State 5. Zip 6. Phone Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks. Kip ...

Saving Excel results to Access
I made a spreadsheet which acts as a scorekeeper for darts. One column you put in what you score and the other colum subtracts the score down from 501. I managed to put in a 'New Game' macro which clears this sheet. Although I also want the newgame to save the scores to a database and the reason for this is that I want to calculate statistics in excel. Such as average score, number of legs played, number of 180's, average checkout, highest checkout etc. I'd be able to do this quite easily, but first I must figure out how to get the scores saved into access after each game is co...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

How can I save embedded files as gifs
I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? Empty your Temporary Internet Files and try again. "Royalscotty" wrote: > I use Outlook. When I try to save an embedded gif file by right click/save > files I can only get the option to save a s BMP. How can I change this? ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...