best way to do an excluded list

i have a program that generates an excell sheet every week, I want to import
that into access and run a query against a list in the database that will
take out all of the excluded entries from the excell sheet that I imported
in. I then want to export it back into an ecel sheet.

Are there any tuturials or good ideas on how to accomplish this?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:16:03 -0700, GregB <GregB@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>i have a program that generates an excell sheet every week, I want to import
>that into access and run a query against a list in the database that will
>take out all of the excluded entries from the excell sheet that I imported
>in. I then want to export it back into an ecel sheet.
>

>Are there any tuturials or good ideas on how to accomplish this?

I'd suggest an "Unmatched Query Wizard" query for the export. It's probably
not necessary to actually delete the records from the table before you do the
export.

If you'll post some details of the table and indicate how you would identify
which records need to be excluded, someone can probably help write the query.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Exchange 2003 BCC Journaling lists BCC recipients twice
When using BCC journaling to capture messages to another mailbox, the messages where users were BCC'd have each of the recipients listed twice. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? thanks. Anyone able to help with this? It is a big problem as we are archiving for legal reasons and the journal message is not "IDENTICLE" to the original as originally recipients were only addresses once in the BCC field, not twice as the BCC journaling shows it. Thanks. "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote in message news:41263cf6$0$41793$65c69314@mercury.nil...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Picking list to immediately follow A4 receipt
Hi, does anyone have a custom receipt for printing an A4 receipt to be immediately followed by a warehouse picking list? The receipt on page 1 and the picklist on page 2 as it were? Failing that, any ideas on how I can merge the two templates that come with RMS already? Thanks. HI Tara, My idea is to apply the Macro and instead of using mutiple keystorks you can use the Macro to make event program and run the macro so first print the receipt then picking list of your choice. Let me know if need any help "Tara" wrote: > Hi, does anyone have a custom receipt for printing an ...

Setting Text Color In CComboBox list control
I need to set the text color of the items in a CComboBox list control based upon each value or an associate value. Can I do this within the CComboBox code or do I need to subclass the CListCtrl with my own class that overrides DrawItem, OnCtlColor or something along those lines? Thanks much Eric Make it owner-draw. Do whatever you want. Check out the DrawItem code for my Logging Listbox control on my MVP Tips site; a combo box is for all practical purposes completely identical (actually, I've used the same code in both contexts with no change). OnCtlColor will not help you as it a...

Help: Working with Lists
I would appreciate some help, I have a list of data that consists of text. 2 columns wide, x number of rows down. I would like to copy this list to another sheet, but so the data is visible across 1 A4 sheet High, by X number of A4 sheets in width. ( as many needed to display the data ) I have tried copying this list to another sheet by setting up the print area and pasting to the selected cells, but everytime the list stays in the original format and continues down out of the print area, in the first 2 columns. Many thanks I have to ask and display my ignorance; what do you mean by &quo...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

Advanced Find to list all contacts by account?
Hello, I'm having trouble creating an advanced find that will list all contacts in an account. The only thing I can get to work is after entering the an account name and running the find, it only shows the primary contact. I have different divisions (accounts) that use the same company and I'm trying to get a list of all contacts for all divisions. Anyone have an idea how to create afind that will accomplish this? Thanks! Try running the find on Contacts (instead of Accounts). You can specify the Accounts you want easily enough. That should solve the problem. -- Fortis &q...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Global Address list updates
I recently unchecked "hide from exchange address lists" (ADUC,Exchange Advanced tab) box on a user. I can't get him to show up in my global address list. If I go into the Exchange system manager and drill down into Recipients, All global address lists, and the view the properties of the default global address list, the preview button shows me a list including the guy that I am after. What controls when updates are pushed out to Outlook 2003 clients? How can I force an update? Thanks, Steve You're likely dealing with Outlook 2003 running in cached mode. If so, i...

SMTP communication problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47696.5E4AAA20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have got this error below after I tried to send to one particular = domain. Why is that? Any wits to get this resolved? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.=20 Subject: RE: Test message. Please ignore=20 Sent: 7/28/2004 2:09 PM=20 The following recipient(s) could not be reached:=20 on 7/28/2004 2:09 PM=20 There was a SMTP communication...

Aligning text in a list view
How can I center or right align text when using a list view in report mode? "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AC67CFC-1CA3-418D-874C-98B48A7C9FEF@microsoft.com... > How can I center or right align text when using a list view in report mode? > Hey, Use following flags when inserting new columns: LVCFMT_LEFT LVCFMT_RIGHT LVCFMT_CENTER For example, yourListCtrl.InsertColumn(0, _T("Column name"), LVCFMT_CENTER, iWidth); Regards. ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....

Is there an easy way to swap the contents of two cells in Excel?
I think the subject says it all... =?Utf-8?B?Ti5CLiBZb25k?= <N.B. Yond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4C32CCD5-DA6F-43A8-9502-B2348D183371@microsoft.com: > I think the subject says it all... > You could add a button to the sheet with following code behind it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() cel1 = InputBox("First cell?") cel2 = InputBox("Second cell?") c1 = Range(cel1).Value c2 = Range(cel2).Value Range(cel1).Value = c2 Range(cel2).Value = c1 End Sub You will be asked for the 2 cell addresses and the contents will be ...

how to delete "Lists" tab from the left pane of project web access
I have created a document library in PWA page . In the left pane there is new document library under the Lists title with the name of EPM Support. but after 5 minutes i have deleted this one . but Lists title is still there. how can i delete this "Lists" . Kindly reply me soon. ...

division of variable integer into best fit integer parts
Hello I have a variable integer which must be split into 8 integers based on fixed percentages (33%, 18%, 15%, 13%, 11%, 4%, 3%, 3%). These 8 integers must add up to the original number (ie I cannot just multiply integer by % and then use the roundup/rounddown functions as they could add up to more/less than the original number). Is there a function in excel which would work out a best fit solution? Thanks No, there is not a function to do this automatically. Follow the program that you described, but calculate one of the integers by subtraction to make the sum come out right. Jerry ...

Restricting access to navigation pane lists
I would prefer to have the ability on restricting navigation pane lists through Advanced Security rather than by the forms given in KB887951. With some lists, a user/class may have access to one of the inquiry/zoom windows and then that gives them the ability to view all information in the list. It would be more secure to add these as an item in security (like Smart List) to grant/deny access to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in ...