Bar Graph on Form (rectangle control code)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of coding
to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a bar
graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0 and
1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in... OnLoad,
OnQuery?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I'm not certain that it's possible to transfer that technique from a report
to a form. There are some significant differences between how forms and
reports get rendered that may prevent it from working.

What have you tried?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
> coding
> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
> bar
> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
> and
> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
> OnLoad,
> OnQuery?
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

0
Douglas
1/4/2010 10:27:21 PM
dmasch,

I have a pie chart on a form that changes based on Customer, Production
Month, Production Year...  However, the Bar CHart changes in the
After_Update event of the combo boxes.  When the form opens it opens to the
the default of it's RecordSOurce would something like that work for you?
While I can't send it to you (it's embroiled in a larger program) I can
instruct you to it's set-up.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
> coding
> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
> bar
> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
> and
> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
> OnLoad,
> OnQuery?
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

0
Gina
1/4/2010 10:37:09 PM
The code would probably go in the On Current event of the form. However, if
your form is continuous, the results won't be what you want.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"dmasch" wrote:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of coding
> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a bar
> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0 and
> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in... OnLoad,
> OnQuery?
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Gina, Duane and Douglas,
Thank you all for your replies. Gina, it sounds like you have something very
similar setup. Instuctions would be very helpful, yes.
Basically what I am trying to do is to have a rectangle's width be
controlled by a field on the form that is a percentrank from Excel (0-1 or
0-100%). For this to work the form would need to have a max width that is
100% like from the report example (4 inches).  Hopefully this is possible.
Thanks,
dmasch

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> dmasch,
>
> I have a pie chart on a form that changes based on Customer, Production
> Month, Production Year...  However, the Bar CHart changes in the
> After_Update event of the combo boxes.  When the form opens it opens to the
> the default of it's RecordSOurce would something like that work for you?
> While I can't send it to you (it's embroiled in a larger program) I can
> instruct you to it's set-up.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> > This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
> > coding
> > to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
> > bar
> > graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> > show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
> > and
> > 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
> > would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
> > use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
> > OnLoad,
> > OnQuery?
> >
> > Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
>

> .

dmasch,

Yes, it sounds kinda close to what I have...  I have to go out for a bit,
but when I come back I am going to break it out of the database it's in and
then I can either send it to you OR, I have decided to put it on my web
site, you can download it.  (I decided to do this yesterday when I came
across your question, so I already started.)

With mine, you can make the form any size you want and since the chart is on
the form you can size it any size to fit on the form.  Mine also has a way
to print it to a report.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Gina, Duane and Douglas,
> Thank you all for your replies. Gina, it sounds like you have something
> very
> similar setup. Instuctions would be very helpful, yes.
> Basically what I am trying to do is to have a rectangle's width be
> controlled by a field on the form that is a percentrank from Excel (0-1 or
> 0-100%). For this to work the form would need to have a max width that is
> 100% like from the report example (4 inches).  Hopefully this is possible.
> Thanks,
> dmasch
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> dmasch,
>>
>> I have a pie chart on a form that changes based on Customer, Production
>> Month, Production Year...  However, the Bar CHart changes in the
>> After_Update event of the combo boxes.  When the form opens it opens to
>> the
>> the default of it's RecordSOurce would something like that work for you?
>> While I can't send it to you (it's embroiled in a larger program) I can
>> instruct you to it's set-up.
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
>> > This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
>> > coding
>> > to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
>> > bar
>> > graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very
>> > similar,
>> > show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
>> > and
>> > 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.
>> > would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I
>> > can
>> > use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
>> > OnLoad,
>> > OnQuery?
>> >
>> > Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
>>

>> .

0
Gina
1/5/2010 3:43:06 PM
Gina, Duane and Douglas,
Thanks for your replies.  Gina, it seems that you have a similar solution in
your program.  Instructions to set-up would be most helpful, thanks.
Basically I want the rectangle's width to be controlled by a % field on the
form (0-1 or 0-100%).  Hopefully this is possible.
Thanks for your help,
dmasch

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> dmasch,
>
> I have a pie chart on a form that changes based on Customer, Production
> Month, Production Year...  However, the Bar CHart changes in the
> After_Update event of the combo boxes.  When the form opens it opens to the
> the default of it's RecordSOurce would something like that work for you?
> While I can't send it to you (it's embroiled in a larger program) I can
> instruct you to it's set-up.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> > This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
> > coding
> > to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
> > bar
> > graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> > show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
> > and
> > 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
> > would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
> > use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
> > OnLoad,
> > OnQuery?
> >
> > Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
>

> .

Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it still
has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your program,
if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
Thanks,
dmasch

"dmasch" wrote:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of coding
> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a bar
> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0 and
> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in... OnLoad,
> OnQuery?
>
> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
NEWER USER,

Perhaps you didn't see my reply... I pasted below...

> Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
> Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it still
> has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your
> program,
> if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
> Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
> within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
> Thanks,
> dmasch
>
> "dmasch" wrote:
>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
>> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
>> coding
>> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
>> bar
>> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
>> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
>> and
>> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.
>> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I
>> can
>> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
>> OnLoad,
>> OnQuery?
>>
>> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

0
Gina
1/5/2010 8:11:47 PM
dmasch,
Is this form continuous or single? This is critical information to providing
a solution.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"dmasch" wrote:

> Gina, Duane and Douglas,
> Thank you all for your replies. Gina, it sounds like you have something very
> similar setup. Instuctions would be very helpful, yes.
> Basically what I am trying to do is to have a rectangle's width be
> controlled by a field on the form that is a percentrank from Excel (0-1 or
> 0-100%). For this to work the form would need to have a max width that is
> 100% like from the report example (4 inches).  Hopefully this is possible.
> Thanks,
> dmasch
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
> > dmasch,
> >
> > I have a pie chart on a form that changes based on Customer, Production
> > Month, Production Year...  However, the Bar CHart changes in the
> > After_Update event of the combo boxes.  When the form opens it opens to the
> > the default of it's RecordSOurce would something like that work for you?
> > While I can't send it to you (it's embroiled in a larger program) I can
> > instruct you to it's set-up.
> >
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > II
> >
> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >
> > "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> > > This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
> > > coding
> > > to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
> > > bar
> > > graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> > > show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
> > > and
> > > 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.  I
> > > would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I can
> > > use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
> > > OnLoad,
> > > OnQuery?
> > >
> > > Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
> >

> > .

Duane,

Great question because this will only work if Single form view.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> dmasch,
> Is this form continuous or single? This is critical information to
> providing
> a solution.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "dmasch" wrote:
>
>> Gina, Duane and Douglas,
>> Thank you all for your replies. Gina, it sounds like you have something
>> very
>> similar setup. Instuctions would be very helpful, yes.
>> Basically what I am trying to do is to have a rectangle's width be
>> controlled by a field on the form that is a percentrank from Excel (0-1
>> or
>> 0-100%). For this to work the form would need to have a max width that is
>> 100% like from the report example (4 inches).  Hopefully this is
>> possible.
>> Thanks,
>> dmasch
>>
>> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>>
>> > dmasch,
>> >
>> > I have a pie chart on a form that changes based on Customer, Production
>> > Month, Production Year...  However, the Bar CHart changes in the
>> > After_Update event of the combo boxes.  When the form opens it opens to
>> > the
>> > the default of it's RecordSOurce would something like that work for
>> > you?
>> > While I can't send it to you (it's embroiled in a larger program) I can
>> > instruct you to it's set-up.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Gina Whipp
>> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>> >
>> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> > Tremors
>> > II
>> >
>> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>> >
>> > "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Gina
1/6/2010 12:02:20 AM
dmasch,

Really need an answer to Duane's question...  are you there?  By the way,
all your post did show up, perhaps it's your newsreader?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
> Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it still
> has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your
> program,
> if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
> Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
> within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
> Thanks,
> dmasch
>
> "dmasch" wrote:
>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
>> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
>> coding
>> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
>> bar
>> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
>> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
>> and
>> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.
>> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I
>> can
>> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
>> OnLoad,
>> OnQuery?
>>
>> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

0
Gina
1/6/2010 1:34:00 AM
FWIW, he appears to be connecting via the Microsoft web interface, not a
newsreader.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> dmasch,
>
> Really need an answer to Duane's question...  are you there?  By the way,
> all your post did show up, perhaps it's your newsreader?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
>> Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it
>> still
>> has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your
>> program,
>> if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
>> Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
>> within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
>> Thanks,
>> dmasch
>>
>> "dmasch" wrote:
>>
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
>>> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
>>> coding
>>> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
>>> bar
>>> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very
>>> similar,
>>> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
>>> and
>>> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.
>>> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I
>>> can
>>> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
>>> OnLoad,
>>> OnQuery?
>>>
>>> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

0
Douglas
1/6/2010 4:21:21 PM
Doug,

Yep, you are right... but I have not heard from him to get him his sample.
Hopefully, he didn't get lost...

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in message
> FWIW, he appears to be connecting via the Microsoft web interface, not a
> newsreader.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> dmasch,
>>
>> Really need an answer to Duane's question...  are you there?  By the way,
>> all your post did show up, perhaps it's your newsreader?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
>>> Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it
>>> still
>>> has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your
>>> program,
>>> if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
>>> Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
>>> within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
>>> Thanks,
>>> dmasch

0
Gina
1/6/2010 4:29:23 PM
Sorry for the delay. Single Form

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> dmasch,
>
> Really need an answer to Duane's question...  are you there?  By the way,
> all your post did show up, perhaps it's your newsreader?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
> > Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it still
> > has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your
> > program,
> > if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
> > Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
> > within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
> > Thanks,
> > dmasch
> >
> > "dmasch" wrote:
> >
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758785.aspx
> >> This website gives a good description of how to use a small amount of
> >> coding
> >> to have a rectangle controlled by a field value on a report appear as a
> >> bar
> >> graph when you print preview.  I would like to do something very similar,
> >> show a bar graph within a form based on a field's percentage (between 0
> >> and
> >> 1).  In the example they put the code into the OnFormat event property.
> >> would like my bar graphs to appear upon opening the form.  Hope that I
> >> can
> >> use very similar code as in the example but what would I put it in...
> >> OnLoad,
> >> OnQuery?
> >>
> >> Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
>

> .

Back to work I go then...  I was concerned after Duane's question that you
thought this might work for a continuous form.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Sorry for the delay. Single Form
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> dmasch,
>>
>> Really need an answer to Duane's question...  are you there?  By the way,
>> all your post did show up, perhaps it's your newsreader?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
>> > Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it
>> > still
>> > has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your
>> > program,
>> > if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
>> > Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
>> > within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
>> > Thanks,
>> > dmasch

>> .

0
Gina
1/6/2010 8:11:49 PM
Assuming a field in your form's record source named PctField.

You can add a rectangle control to your form where you want the horizontal
bar. Name it "recPct".

Add another similar rectangle control named rec100Pct that is the width of
100 percent. These can be one on top of the other with the recPct to the
front.

Add code in the On Current event of your form like:
Private Sub Form_Current()
    If Not IsNull(Me.PctField) Then
        Me.recPct.Width = Me.rec100Pct.Width * Me.PctField
    End If
End Sub
As noted, this will not work on a continuous form.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"dmasch" wrote:

> Sorry for the delay. Single Form
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
> > dmasch,
> >
> > Really need an answer to Duane's question...  are you there?  By the way,
> > all your post did show up, perhaps it's your newsreader?
> >
> > --
> > Gina Whipp
> > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> >
> > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > II
> >
> > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >
> > "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Gina, Duane and Douglas,
> > > Sorry if this duplicates, I tried replying twice this morning and it still
> > > has not posted.  Gina, it seems you have a similar solution in your
> > > program,
> > > if you could send instructions for setup that would be great, thanks.
> > > Basically, I want a rectangle's width controlled by a precentage field
> > > within the form.  Hopefully this is possible.
> > > Thanks,
> > > dmasch

> > .

Duane,
That worked perfectly!  Thanks so much.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Assuming a field in your form's record source named PctField.
>
> You can add a rectangle control to your form where you want the horizontal
> bar. Name it "recPct".
>
> Add another similar rectangle control named rec100Pct that is the width of
> 100 percent. These can be one on top of the other with the recPct to the
> front.
>
> Add code in the On Current event of your form like:
> Private Sub Form_Current()
>     If Not IsNull(Me.PctField) Then
>         Me.recPct.Width = Me.rec100Pct.Width * Me.PctField
>     End If
> End Sub
> As noted, this will not work on a continuous form.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "dmasch" wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the delay. Single Form
> >
> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> > > dmasch,
> > >
> > > Really need an answer to Duane's question...  are you there?  By the way,
> > > all your post did show up, perhaps it's your newsreader?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gina Whipp
> > > 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
> > >
> > > "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> > > II
> > >
> > > http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> > >
> > > "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

Well, guess I can just work on my sample for my website...  Glad Duane came
up with a solution!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> Duane,
> That worked perfectly!  Thanks so much.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
>> Assuming a field in your form's record source named PctField.
>>
>> You can add a rectangle control to your form where you want the
>> horizontal
>> bar. Name it "recPct".
>>
>> Add another similar rectangle control named rec100Pct that is the width
>> of
>> 100 percent. These can be one on top of the other with the recPct to the
>> front.
>>
>> Add code in the On Current event of your form like:
>> Private Sub Form_Current()
>>     If Not IsNull(Me.PctField) Then
>>         Me.recPct.Width = Me.rec100Pct.Width * Me.PctField
>>     End If
>> End Sub
>> As noted, this will not work on a continuous form.
>> --
>> Duane Hookom
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>

>> "dmasch" wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry for the delay. Single Form

0
Gina
1/6/2010 9:16:01 PM
You can get something similar in a continuous form using a text box with the
webdings font. Create a wide text box with these properties:

Control Source: =String([PctField]*20,"g")
Font Name: Webdings

You might need to change the "20" to some other value to get the size correct.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Well, guess I can just work on my sample for my website...  Glad Duane came
> up with a solution!
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "dmasch" <dmasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Duane,
> > That worked perfectly!  Thanks so much.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> >> Assuming a field in your form's record source named PctField.
> >>
> >> You can add a rectangle control to your form where you want the
> >> horizontal
> >> bar. Name it "recPct".
> >>
> >> Add another similar rectangle control named rec100Pct that is the width
> >> of
> >> 100 percent. These can be one on top of the other with the recPct to the
> >> front.
> >>
> >> Add code in the On Current event of your form like:
> >> Private Sub Form_Current()
> >>     If Not IsNull(Me.PctField) Then
> >>         Me.recPct.Width = Me.rec100Pct.Width * Me.PctField
> >>     End If
> >> End Sub
> >> As noted, this will not work on a continuous form.
> >> --
> >> Duane Hookom
> >> Microsoft Access MVP

> .

Report (Line Graph) of Total Value of Portfolio on a Daily Basis?
I would like to plot the Total Value of all assets in my portfolio on a line graph over time. I can do this for individual stocks or other assets, but not the sum(total value) of all assets. Is it possible to plot the sum of all assets in a line graph? Mike H ...

Eliminate a rectangle showing up around an oval?
Wnen I cut and paste an oval to another part of my work, it looks OK on screen but prints with a rectangle around it with the oval outlined within the rectangle. How do you remove this rectangle? There is a transparency tool on the picture toolbar. Can you insert the image again and eliminate the copy/paste? Send me the file so I can see your problem. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "diamond" <diamond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8B9588B-FFE9-47C6-...

open form/subform at specific record
I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form (Customer data). What I want to do is double click on the field (work order #) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that specific record. I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field match. That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer not the specific on i clicked on. Any id...

Intercept Control-N in CDHtmlDialog derived class
I'm intercepting all the alt keys in my CDHtmlDialog derived dialog application, but I can't seem to intercept the control-N "new browser" key combination. Unlike CHtmlView, CDHtmlDialog doesn't have an OnNewWindow2 event handler. I'm using C++ in Visual Studio .Net 2003. I should know how to do this, but I don't. Hints or pointers to a fax are very welcome. Thanks, Jim Howard ...

Change bars color
Hello, I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is, to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage the color of the bar. I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables. any Ideias? -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each color, and use formulas to change on series ...

Unable to display Access 2010 Web forms
I am running the RTM versions of SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010 on a Windows 7 machine. I am able to publish Access databases to SharePoint - the site, forms and lists get created. I am able to access the site and view the lists. However, when I try to access a web form, I get the following error: Access Services is unable to process the request. Click here to try again. I am able to view and edit the from in the Access client. To simplify things, I created a web form based on a table with only 2 columns. Any ideas on what I can try to resolve this issue? You mean you&...

SSRS Advance Services and passing parameters via <form>
I'm new to SSRS. I'm using SQL Server Express with Advanced Services, and I have a report working. The report has a Parameter defined as "ReportDate". In the report design, I have a subheading expression that goes like this: ="For " & Parameters!ReportDate.Value I'm trying to invoke the report from an ASP.net MVC app like this: <form id="frmReader" action=" http://localhost:8080/Reports_SQLEXPRESS/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fReports%2fDonorAccountHistory " method="post" target="_blank&qu...

Can the color of the Command Bar be changed?
When you open up a window to show the contents of a folder, just below the usual Menu Bar is the Command Bar with menus like "Organize" and "Views." That Command Bar has a sickly blue-green color. Is there any way to change the color of the Command Bar? At the very least, I would like that color to be less saturated. -- Steven L. ...

Color coding the excel sheets
I have a user that wants to color code her worksheet tabs. I know that you can individually color code each one by right-clicking. Is there a way to have excel launch with each tab set to a color (ex. sheet 1=red, sheet2=green, sheet3=yellow, etc.)? She wants this to launch this way every time. Thanks. Shane Certainly a workbook_open event could do this but why not just set a template with the sheets colored as desired>save it>use it.. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE5570A2-016...

DATE sort bar has disappeared from SENT box
I've inexplicably lost my DATE sort bar in my SENT box. Outlook 2002, XP Pro. I've dug here and scratched there, but cannot uncover an answer as to why it's missing and how to get it back. Hit the OfficeUpdate.com website to engage in Office XP SP 1 and/or 2...I'm current, but alas, still no DATE sort bar in the SENT folder. One little bar--so valuable--so easily mis-placed! Thanks for any advice-- Timmo in AK Try right-clicking in the gray title bar, then select to customize your current view. Click on the "Fields" button to see the list of available fi...

Linked forms contd
I tried using this code from Arvin however I get a type mismatch error. I thought it may be a setting in the tables however they are both long interger. Any ideas Sub cmdOpen_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "Memo",,,,"customerid=" & Me.customerid End Sub On the memo form set the DefaultValue of the customerid textbox to: =Forms!FirstFormName!customerid Now, if there is a matching record it opens to that record, if not, it creates one with an id equal to the one on the calling form. ...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

graph control needed
hi i want a graph control to draw a linear and smooth graph.I am using MFC. any kind of guidance is appreciated.... check this: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/mschartvc.asp regards, Jayender. quickdeveloper wrote: > hi > > i want a graph control to draw a linear and smooth graph.I am using > MFC. > any kind of guidance is appreciated.... This one might be interesting to you as well: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/cpp/cpp_mfc/general/article.php/c8535/ Tom "quickdeveloper" <nvamshikrishna@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137499093.575651.292350@g43g...

Text box using rich edit control
Hi, I have implemented a text box using CRichEditCtrl child window in a CView based application. I am facing a problem with zoom in and zoom out functionality with respect to text box. I am setting the current zoom level of CRichEditCtrl same as that of CView. I have wrap text on for the text box and the text in the text box repositions itself in different ways at different zoom levels. For example, if I have a text box of width 300 pixels wide, and I have wrapped text in 5 lines at 100% zoom, same text is now shown in the same way at 50% zoom. It gets wrapped at different places and is gett...

filtering form with a field not currently in the form
Hello, I have a table with the following fields ManagerLast Name, First Name, Password. In one the forms I created, it has many fields from different tables including the ManagerLast Name field and another field call ManagerApproved, however, not a password field. I would like to create a VBA command so that I have an inputbox where a user will type in his/her password and the form will filter to show only the Manager's Last Name and any ManagerApproved fields where the field equals to "NO". How can I go about doing this? Do I add a text box to the form first with the passwor...

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

synchronize sub forms
I have a main form (frm1) with six tabs, each tab with a subform (fsub1-fsub6). Each subform is a child of the frm1. I want to synch fsub2-fsub6 with fsub1 so that when a record is chosen or updated on fsub1 the others follow. Any thoughts. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "SynchronizedSubforms.mdb" which illustrates how to do this. (I think -- if I'm reading your question correctly.) -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in y...

How do you add error bars?
when i select my data series on my table, no selected data series appears under format Instead of selecting the series on the table (whatever that means), try selecting the data series in the chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <08ef01c3a991$89241060$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > when i select my data series on my table, no selected > data series appears under format > ...

Logic Control and USB
Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB connection, and if so did you have any problems? -- Thank You Vince :) Yes, That's why we've gone to Net Displays (a second monitor) instead. Cost ~$75 more but much more flexibility. -- * "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:3D5630CF-6000-4D10-8B38-646566EA2709@microsoft.com... Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB connection, and if so did you have any problems? -- Thank You Vince :) I've set these up for several clients w...

X error bar
Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? Office 2000. Thank you Hi Daniel, In order to have x error bars you need to use the xy scatter chart. Cheers Andy Daniel wrote: > Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I > fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? > > Office 2000. > > Thank you > > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Graph an Equation #2
How Can I Graph from an Equation in Excel? Ex: P=-.0056Q + 12 or P=.0033Q + 8 Thank you in advance for any help! Mike Take a look at the answer you got when you asked the identical question on Tuesday. If you can't find it, search the archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* using your name in the Author field. If the answer doesn't work for you, post back with an explanation of why not, what you've tried, etc. In article <10uvqcs74fj692b@corp.supernews.com>, "Michael Kintner" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: ...

User Form Question
Hi, I have created a user form for entering names and addresses. I want the content of the form to go into the next row in a workbook when a button is pressed. I can get it to go to set cells but not the next free cells ? Any advice ? David Can't see your code but have a look at Offset method or defining LastRow in a range. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:51:19 +0000, David <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have created a user form for entering names and addresses. I want the >content of the form to go into the next row in a workbo...

How do I show status bar on Publisher 2003?
The Status Bar in Publisher 2003 which is at the bottom of the screen and shows many page numbers suddenly vanished. I see no way of makling it reappear. This toolbar was called "Status Bar' in Office 2000 - Publisher'. There is no reference to this item in Pub 2003. 2. Pub 2003 has slowed down almost to a halt. If I insert a woed text file, it takes a couple of minutes per page; and then, even after a long wait, it does not insert all pages of the inserted document. It has to be done manually. 3. While using Pub 2003, the response to move from one page to another, appear...

Changing Form's BorderStyle property at run time but before form is loaded
Hello, Is there any workaround to change the form's BorderStyle property before the form is loaded? I need to change it from None to Fixed Single depending on user's preferences. That form is not the main form of the project. Your thoughts appreciated, Claire Claire wrote: > Is there any workaround to change the form's BorderStyle property > before the form is loaded? > I need to change it from None to Fixed Single depending on user's > preferences. Technically, not before it's loaded, but you can change it during the...

Stacked bar, bar and line graph
I am trying to create a chart with the following data: Series 1-8 with bars Series 9-10 with stacked bars (two different data) Series 1-10 with a line across all Is this possible in one chart? This should give you ideas: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/08/07/clustered-stacked-column-combo-chart-with-lines/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE4C227-CB81-46F7-9D4E-B07ED353AFD2@microsoft.com... ...