Autocorrect

I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the
first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but
Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in
an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't
work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end
with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar
the previous word will be capitalized.

Again, any suggestions how to do this?
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I tried and what i see is that only the first sentence is not capitalized. Is
that what you are trying to say or are you saying that none of the sentences
are capitalized?
--
Maurice Ausum

"DLR_Graph" wrote:

> I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the
> first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but
> Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in
> an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't
> work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end
> with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar
> the previous word will be capitalized.
>
> Again, any suggestions how to do this?
Exactly. The first sentence stays unchanged but any others change as soon as
you press the space bar or add a period.

"Maurice" wrote:

> I tried and what i see is that only the first sentence is not capitalized. Is
> that what you are trying to say or are you saying that none of the sentences
> are capitalized?
> --
> Maurice Ausum
>

> "DLR_Graph" wrote:
>
> > I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the
> > first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but
> > Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in
> > an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't
> > work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end
> > with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar
> > the previous word will be capitalized.
> >
> > Again, any suggestions how to do this?
I think this behavior makes sense.

Memos are used for storing all kinds of data, not only complete sentences.
If MS capitalized the first charcter of everything you typed into a memo
field, it would be really annoying. The choice to capitalize only subsequent
sentences is a reasonable compromise.

If you really want to capitalize the first character of your memo field, you
could use the AfterUpdate event procedure of the text box on your form to do
so.

"DLR_Graph" <DLRGraph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exactly. The first sentence stays unchanged but any others change as soon
> as
> you press the space bar or add a period.

0
Allen
2/7/2008 4:04:53 AM
Thank you. I will try it.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> I think this behavior makes sense.
>
> Memos are used for storing all kinds of data, not only complete sentences.
> If MS capitalized the first charcter of everything you typed into a memo
> field, it would be really annoying. The choice to capitalize only subsequent
> sentences is a reasonable compromise.
>
> If you really want to capitalize the first character of your memo field, you
> could use the AfterUpdate event procedure of the text box on your form to do
> so.

> "DLR_Graph" <DLRGraph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Exactly. The first sentence stays unchanged but any others change as soon
> > as
> > you press the space bar or add a period.

Autocorrect
I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar the previous word will be capitalized. Again, any suggestions how to do this? I tried and what i see is that only the fir...

Autocorrection bug in PowerPoint
Using PowerPoint for Mac v.10.1.5 Swedish on iMac OS 10.3 - Whenever I write letters "f�" (f plus scandinavian letter o with two dots above) autocorrection adds a dot behind each letter - also when I type a space behind the last letter. I can't change it where I normally change or add autocorrections. - The problem does not appear in MS Word. - Suggestions anybody? ...

Can one save Autocorrect settings?
I have had the need to reformat my hard disk several times, and reinstall Office. Every time I do that I loose my Autocorrect settings! Is there a way to save - say to a floppy - my settings so I don't have to try to remember what terms I used before? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dana DeLouis wrote a couple of macros to transfer AutoCorrect entries. The first one dumps them onto a worksheet. You can check them there. Copy the workbook to the...

autocorrect
where is autocorrect located on thewhere computer? In Publisher it is located in the Tools menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "computer knowledge" <computer knowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA926395-7256-4C25-86B6-5693B38D67F2@microsoft.com... > where is autocorrect located on thewhere computer? ...

Autocorrect STILL NOT working!
Hi, Yesterday it was suggested that I download service pack 3 to fix the problem I was having with Publisher 2003. My autocorrect is not working nor am I able to apply formatting to text boxes throughout publication without changing each one individually. I restarted my computer as it suggested after downloading the service pack, but nothing seems to have changed. My (c) is still set to use symbol in AutoCorrect options, I have checked box to apply formatting to all text boxes, and no matter what, I am still getting (c) instead of symbol and each textbox is defaulting to Times New R...

How to use Autocorrect?
I think I have Autocorrect set up right. None of the changes seem to occur when I input text. Is there a way to turn the feature on, other than the menu item under Tools? jlb Hi jlb, Do you have the option "Replace text as you type" selected? You need to enter exactly what is shown in the "replace" box. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project "jlbreyer" <jlbreyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Autocorrect
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --MS_Mac_OE_3202909388_721520_MIME_Part Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Can I access and print / edit the file in word which contains the Autocorrect entries? Jim Mackenzie MSc., MIQA, MBCS CITP, Quality Consultant, Medical Devices & IVD Lead Auditor. QUALIMEDD LTD. LONG LANE, HAWTHORN HILL, MAIDENHEAD, BERKSHIRE, SL6 3TA, ENGLAND, U.K. ( +44 (0)1628 - 782537 7 +44 (0)1628 - 782537 Mobile: +4...

Restoring AutoCorrect
I followed the directions to restore my AutoCorrect through the Support document. It starts restoring and then gives me an error: There was an error. The document may be in the incorrect format. 5491 Autocorrect cannot replace text that contains a space character. Please remove the space or replace it with something else. When I originally backed up the document it appeared to work fine. ...

OL2007, Word as editor, right mouse button not showing autocorrection
Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. However, when creating a new email in OL, the Word editor uses the right button for Work | Signatures. Can I get it back to the normal Word modality? TIA, Bill "Bill Davy" <Bill@SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message news:OV4P7gdEKHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right > mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. > > However, whe...

Autocorrect Number+space to Number+nonbreaking space
Hi At work, I am forever writing dates in a long(ish) format and have started using non-breaking spaces between the Day and the Month, so that whenever I have dates at the end of a line it keeps the whole date together. Makes it much easier to read. So I dont get 19 May'10 and get 19 May'10 Also would work for phone numbers where they're broken out into area codes. I appreciate that this wouldn't work for the American system where the month comes before the day. I cant seem to be able to do this with AutoCorrect as there is no option for using special char...

AutoCorrect
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have entered over 200 technical terms in the AutoCorrect 'file' and would like to download the list of these terms (not the regular English words) as a backup and so I can edit the list (if needed). And, then I would like to upload the edited list back into the Word AutoCorrect feature. How do I do this? <br><br>Thanks, Just to be on the safe side, do you actually mean AutoCorrect or are you referring to a Custom Dictionary... There's a *big* difference :-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones ...

Autocorrection
Hello, I am a University student and am trying to construct a life table graph and need some help with Excel. I need to enter several age groups into a column eg 0-4, 5-9, 10-14. 15-19 and so on. My problem is that when I type 5-9 into the cell, Excel autocorrects it to say 5th Sept. I can't seem to find a way to turn this 'autocorrect' feature off. I have already used the 'Help' Wizard and have turned off all autocorrect functions in Excel and yet this continues to occur Any help is greatly appreciated Andrew Type an apostrophe at the start of the string, e.g. '5-9...

Autocorrection
Hi all, Since a couple of weeks my autocorrection on using capitals on new phrases in Outlook 2003 does not work. For reasons I am not using Word as email editor. I have the latest updates installed and repaired the installation but no solution. It is very annoying that this does not work. I checked the options with autocorrection but no matter how the setting is the first letter of a new phrase is not capitalized. Anyone out there who can help me solve this issue. TIA Gerhard Autocorrect requires Word as the editor if you use HTML format. You need to use plain text format with th...

Outlook 2007 Signature and AutoCorrect
Good Day everyone, I'm having problems with my Outlook 2007. When i want to forward an email from my Inbox, and i want to add my signature from "Signature" button in the ribbon bar. I can't see my 2 signatures!!! And i'm sure that signatures are OK and functional. Because when i create a new message from blank ( no forward), everything works fine. My System Windows Xp PRO - SP3 Outlook 2007 - SP2 I really need to solve this problem. Thanks for your help. ...

autocorrect
XL 2007, Is the autocorrect options made redundant in XL2007, which was existing under tools in XL2003. AFD This is another reason it takes me 5 times longer to use Office 2007. So much for "Improved Productivity" in this version. It's now under: Office Button (Upper Left Corner) Excel Options (Lower Right) Proofing AutoCorrect Options. Not even a shortcut key (afaik) -- Dana DeLouis "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e2kMhSXFIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > XL 2007, > > Is the autocorrect options made redundant in XL20...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

AutoCorrect
I am attempting to use the AutoCorrect function to change the text: "ohm." to become the ASCII-087 from the Symbol Font (this is the Greek symbol for ohm). Any Ideas would be appricated. Thank You, Bud Budworth Bud(Remove)@Budworth.Com In a blank cell, insert>symbol and insert that omega symbol. Then do ctrl-H for find/replace. find '.ohm' then copy the cell with the omega into the replace. Good Luck. >-----Original Message----- >I am attempting to use the AutoCorrect function to change >the text: "ohm." to become the ASCII-087 from the Symbol...

Autocorrect in Word 2003
I am working on a copyedited manuscript that somehow has set the autocorrect feature to work only in certain paragraphs, but not in others. I need to set it so it works in all the manuscript paragraphs. Is there a way to control where autocorrect operates? thanks. Joe AutoCorrect is language-based (the entries are stored in .acl files by language). Perhaps part of your text has a different language applied? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "removing all headers and footers" <removingallhe...

Autocorrect Not Working?
I recently reinstalled/repaired Publisher 2003 because of computer crash at my company. Since then, my autocorrect is not working. I use copyright and registered symbols very frequently and have it set up in autocorrect to replace (c) with symbol and (r) with symbol to save time. Even though I have it set up that way, it is not working, I am still getting (r) or (c) instead of the symbol. Also, if I set up a text box with different font and spacing and select box for apply to all text boxes in publication, that is not working either. All text boxes are still coming up with default ...

Autocorrect with wildcards
I work in a company in the UK which works with Norwegian clients a lot, often people with � in their name. I want to set up people's computers so when the type aaa in a word, it comes out with �. Eg. if they type 'Paaal' they get the name 'P�l'. When I program autocorrect to change aaa to � it only does it when aaa is typed as a word, not within a word. Is there a character I can use as a wildcard, or some other way to get autocorrect to do this? -- bluebottle There is no way to make AutoCorrect do what you propose. However, there is a default k...

dynamic autocorrection
when entering text does xl have a dynamic autocorrection feature that can be modified? XL seems to learn repetitive words utilized and fills in the remainder of a word if the first one or two letters are entered. If the word is not entered for many entries then XL forgets about it and doesnt autofill the remainder of the word as it once did. I cant find documentation in Help. What's the rules about this feature and can it be manipulated to remain constant by always autocorrecting words? What's this feature called? Hi Is Tools, AutoCorrect what you are chasing? Tony >...

limiting autocorrect
How do I limit autocorrect to one workbook? Entries in the AutoCorrect list are available in all workbooks, and in the other Office programs, such as Word. You can turn it off in Excel 2002 by choosing Tools>AutoCorrect Options, and removing the check mark from Replace text as you type. Ron Ward wrote: > How do I limit autocorrect to one workbook? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html See a reply to a different interpretation of your question in worksheet.functions. Please don't post the same message in multiple groups ...

Autocorrect language
I have this problem with Word, which I'm convinced is possessed by a demon. My autocorrect language is set to UK and I mean it doesn't matter which version of Word I use. I have tried 2000, 2003, and the trial version of 2007. I believe this is why I have problems with my autocorrect entries disappearing, that's my thought anyway. I have completely uninstalled every time I install a new version, but it is stila lways set to UK and this is on three completely different computers as well. Any idea would be sooooo appreciated, thanks! What would you like it to be ...

Autocorrect file?
How do I find and transfer my AutoCorrect file from Office2007, running Windows 7, to another machine? I can't locate the file. I have done this before when running XP. Unformatted AutoCorrect entries are stored in an *.acl file (a separate file for each language installed). It should be in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Office folder. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "tobodoc" <tobodoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF92E110-F1E7-4F58-AF33-E3C6D7D72483@microsoft.com... > How do I find and transfer my AutoC...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...