Auto correct or Auto complete

We are all familiar witht he auto correct or auto complete functions found in
MS applications. Of course that means it is available in Access also. My
question is this ... can this function be replicated within the DB, so that
the set of auto correct items are part of the package rather than something
that would have to be set up on each individual desktop system?

It's use, for me, would primarily be within a memo field where medical
abreviations, used as a shortcut, would convert to the true meaning as the
user types them in.  Ex: "prn" without quotes would change to. "Take as
needed for " and "qid" would chanage to "4 times a day."

This is not vital. It's a combination bell and whistle. <s>  Thanks for your
thoughts on this.

--
Norm Shimmel
Butler, PA

Auto Filter problem

How Do I Record Money Transfer Correctly?
Hi, I just got Money 2004 and run into a small problem: Money seems to be able to download transactions from bank accounts flawlessly, but it does not recognize transfers. Instead, transfers are recorded as withdraws and deposits, and show up in the cash flow report as expenses and incomes. I transferred 5K from a checking account to a broker account this month. Now it tells me that I spent 5K and made 5K. To correct this situation, I tried to change the transaction type to transfer. But when I changed the withdrawal transaction to transfer on one account, a new (transfer) transac...

Auto-Editing

Unstarted Tasks report showing completed tasks
I have tasks that started and finished in the past. In addition, I have manually marked them as completed. Why are they still showing up in my Unstarted Tasks report? The unstarted tasks report just uses the unstarted tasks filter to find tasks where Actual Start = NA. Check the filter (Project, Filtered For, More Filters etc). Check the Actual Start field in the Tracking Table. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "mrobles" <mrobles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E9D4C4F-B764-47DC-B...

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

publisher 2007 cannot complete the operation
I just downloaded the trial version of Publisher 2007 because my old version, Publisher 2000, would not activate the template wizard; instead, I got the message "Publisher cannot complete the operation." The first brochure I clicked on in Publisher 2007 gave me the same message: "Publisher cannot complete the operation." I downloaded 2007 because I could not find any online solution to the problem in Publisher 2000. How do I resolve this problem in either version? Without the templates, the program is useless to me. Have you tried to repair Publisher 2000? What is ...

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

Auto fit contents
Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column. It does not appear to work for merged culumns. Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ? -- Mucho Gusto Not without using VBA.. If interested see google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap in the URL which is all one line. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4#ca1c160cbeb27874 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:05:01 -0800, Una Pregunta <UnaPre...

Auto-Reply to an open mailbox
I would like to set up a rule to auto-reply when two certain words are in the subject line, and not on my personal mailbox but on a secondary mailbox that my profile opens. For some reason the auto-reply isn't working. Any ideas? Simon The rule has to be written on the "secondary mailbox". In other words, rules in your Outlook account will not work for the other mailbox. You need to open the other mailbox in its own profile and write the rule for it there. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Simon" <simonanquetil@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b201c...

Auto suggest
One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest / auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice accepted. Can Word do this too? It could through Word2003, and it's been reported that the feature was restored in Word2010. Although if you've already gotten as far as "accommo," that particular AutoCorrect doesn't do you much good, since in that word it's the number of c's and m's that's tricky, and how would it know wheth...

Found out how to disable Auto Preview in IMAP
I noticed that a lot of people have had the problem where Auto Preview keeps coming up with new messages in their IMAP folder. And the MVP's solution wasn't working. On the "Folder List" highlight the "Inbox" for the IMAP folder that is giving you the AutoPreview Problem. Click View >> Current View >> Customize Current View >> Other Settings >> under the 'auto preview' section change the radio button to "no auto preview" This should work! ...