Hi..please advice how do i run asp files in my localhost and i'm using windows vistasundar
0
sundar
3/14/2007 3:19:13 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Implement sorting in an XML file?
Hi all, I am confused about how to sort an XML file. I mean how to *actually* sort the data in the physical file, not how to display sorted data. I am using a large XML file as a back-end database, and am making many inserts and updates using the XmlDocument class. But I need to make the XML file human readable too, and want to physically sort the data in the file, every time an insert is made. At present I'm having to use a tool like Stylus Studio to manually sort the data. Is there a way to do it programmatically ? My XML file is something like : <BOOKDATA> <BOOK> <NA...

File readability
I am using Money 2005 Small Business edition. The person who is doing my taxes uses the 2004 edition. Will her version be able be to read my file? Short answer: No. Long answer: Money files are version specific and not backward compatible. Longer answer: you could do some huge export/import mumbo jumbo to get the data readable in a Money 04 file. "david_at_houston" <davidathouston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B983E9BD-E07B-4767-A385-26770FDD821F@microsoft.com... > I am using Money 2005 Small Business edition. The person who is doing my > taxes u...

debugging a windows service
I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the usual debug operations that you can do with a normal app? Thanks, E >I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was >written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way >to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the >usual debug operations that you can do with...

ASP to ASP.NET --- XMLHTTP error--XML document must have a top level element
Hi i am converting an ASP page to ASP.NET. The original ASP code works perfectly but in ASP.NET i am getting the error "XML document must have a top level element." I have checked the XML being sent and it looks exactly the same as the live (working version). The back end code has not changed at all. The client side code is as follows: Dim xmlhttp, WISERServer WISERServer = "JK-VM1/production/Pages/XML.asp" xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.XmlHttp.4.0") xmlhttp.open("GET", WISERServer, False) xmlhttp.setReques...

Checking work email from home
Is there a website that you can log onto to check your work email from home? And if so what is the web address? Depends on what your work email is. Ask your admins there, first. If you have exchange server in the office & don't use PST files, you may be able to use Outlook Web Access if they've installed it/allowed access to it. If you use POP mail, you might be able to use www.mail2web.com - just to see non-downloaded mail in your inbox. stacey90210 wrote: > Is there a website that you can log onto to check your > work email from home? And if so what is the web address?...

Unable to Read File #4
Whenever I start Excel (Office XP SP2 running on Win 2000 SP4) I get the error message 'Unable to Read File' which pops up twice. It then seems to work fine and I have no problem in opening any files. Any idea how to fix this? I've tried re-installing. Thanks Dave See if there are any files in your xlStart folder or see if you are pointing to an alternate startup folder (tools Options General) "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a2501c3b8cd$3d0b40e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... : Whenever I start Excel (Office XP SP2 running on Win 20...

Sorting not working on Form
Have a query which is display in order as expected. However when using the query in a form which data showed as the sequence of data input NOT as how it is showed in query. What need to be done to have it list as in query. I have tried the order by but there is no effect. Are you working with a form or a report? When I create a form based on a query, the form displays the data in the sort order given by the query. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:fjjt1v$3hu$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... >...

Outlook 2007: Mail merge does not work in "plain-text" mode...
Hello, I'm using MS Office 2007 Pro (with all updates and SP2) on Windows 7 Pro 64 (both german). Today I tried to generate mail merge e-mails (20 recipients) using the mail merge function for e-mails in Word 2007 (using Outlook contacts as recipient db). Before sending the e-mails I am asked for the sending mode (HTML, plaintext or attachement). If I use "HTML" everything works fine and like expected. But I want to use "plaintext". In this case the common outlook access security warning is displayed (in HTML-mode this was not the case). I gra...

How find correct attached file
My Outlook 2002 MAILBOX contains thousands of messages. How can I perform ADVANCED FIND that will locate email message with an attached document file for which I have a known word string? e.g. I have a printout of a DOC and I need the electronic file but can not find the email message SENDER, DATE or SUBJECT that had this file attached. ...

Cannot open publisher 2000 file with publisher 2000 file
Made 2000 publisher files on old windows 98 computer. Transferred them to cd. Got a new xp/ hp pavilion computer, installed the same office/publisher 2000 program I used with old computer. I cannot open the pub files saved in old computer on my new computer. *Cannot open file* I tried the printer spool option(turning it off and trying to open the cd pub files, files still did not open, turned spool on again) Not sure what else to do since the files saved were of the same program and version as the one I have now..... upgraded ms office small business 2000 to sr-1 I do not remember ...

CRM Database Log Files Getting Very Large
Does anyone know why the database log file for the MSCRM database would be growing exponentially large? I setup MS CRM in a test environment, and haven't even added any data to the database yet. But in the few weeks that the server has been running, the MSCRM log file has grown to over 6G. A full database backup is done every night using Veritas. I've tried backing up and truncating the log files also, but it didn't reduce the size of the log files either. The log file shrinking option in SQL Enterprise Manager indicates that the file can be shrunk, but only be a small a...

Cannot find the file
when i try to syncronize music from my mp3 player to my computer i get the following error message: Cannot find the file. im using windows media player 11 for xp. ...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

2006 file invlink.xml prevents web access
Money 2006, windowsXPSP2 Basic problem is that any attempt to go to the network by clicking on various buttons doesn't work. (e.g.) in money home page clicking on 'investing' 'planning' or 'taxes' doesn't work. The links WILL work if the file invlink.xml is removed! (C:documents & settings\my-name\local settings\application data\microsoft\money\15.0\webcache\invlink.xml) There is nothing obviously wrong about this file it is dated 8/31 and appears to have been come from invlink.cab. Looking at norton's log files it appears that an attempt was made...

Corrupted Money file
I accidently reformated my hard drive, but was able to recover most of my data but not installed applications like Money. I first loaded the 2005 trial and attempted to open/convert the filebut it failed. I then tried the recovery tool directly and it failed too. Each time, it got past the password prompt 0- accepting the password- but then craps out. I next tried 2004 (from the trial d/l) directly by opening the mny file and by using the salv.exe. Again, it accepts my password on the file indicating it isn't totally corrupt, but then again, I get: "The utility could not repa...

Sending mail from an ASP webpage
Hi all, We have just converted to Windows SBS2003 with Exchange 2003. Our intranet and a few other internal webbased systems used to rely on CDO Mail to send emails via these webpages (be they webmail type pages or alerts etc). We were running a Win2K server before hand and were able to use the Default SMTP Virtual Server to send our mail with. Now that we have upgraded, it has changed somewhat and it appears to no longer operate in the same fashion. IIS is considerably different (which i'm slowly getting the hang of) and we now use exchange as our mail server. How do we set this new m...

save an Excel worksheet as a comma delimited file?
I want to import an excel worksheet to a application that needs to be a comma delimited file. Try File|SaveAs choose: CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv) from the "save as type" dropdown. I think I would do a normal File|SaveAs first--just to make sure the excel workbook still has all your changes. Trophy Man wrote: > > I want to import an excel worksheet to a application that needs to be a comma > delimited file. -- Dave Peterson Ps. Make sure the worksheet you need saved as the CSV file is active, too. Trophy Man wrote: > > I want to import an excel worksheet ...

Free Download of File Conversion Software
Free 60-day trial download of ConvertMyFile, a Windows program that lets you convert your files into alternative formats. �ConvertMyFile will transform Word Documents (in RTF format) to PDF Files. �ConvertMyFile will convert Excel Spreadsheets into PDF format as well as into HTML pages. �ConvertMyFile will also take your pictures (BMP or JPG) and convert them into PDF files. Only $9.95 to license. Quantity discounts and site licenses available. www.geocities.com/conversionsoftware ...

Add content of .pst file of news to public folders of Exchange 2003

Windows XP taskbar problems
I started using Quicklaunch in my taskbar. Someone I switched views and desktop was checked. Once that happened I now get a double wide task bar and nothing I do will take it back to a single wide task bar. All the start menu items bunch up in the right corner. I have unchecked desktop. Now when I uncheck quicklaunch the bar goes to a single line, but I want quicklaunch but not the double width. Any suggestions? You posted that to the wrong newsgroup -- this one is for Outlook :-) Just out of curiosity, though, have you tried dragging the top of the taskbar down until it's y...

insert ActiveX into MFC without resource file
Hi, I try to insert ActiveX to my program as following: class MyWnd:public CFrameWnd { public: MyWnd() { CString strControlProgid; strControlProgid="mscal.calendar.7"; m_Control.DestroyWindow(); RECT rc; ::GetClientRect(m_hWnd,&rc); BOOL bStat=FALSE; bStat=m_Control.CreateControl(strControlProgid, "", WS_VISIBLE, rc, this, 5000, NULL, FALSE, NULL); if (bStat == FALSE) { ::MessageBox (m_hWnd,&...

File Converter for Word 2003
Is there a file converter that you can add to Word 2003 in order to read later Word files, like 2007 files? I am getting error messages. Download and install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats. Pam removing all headers and footers wrote: >Is there a file converter that you can add to Word 2003 in order to read >later Word files, like 2007 files? I am getting error messages. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com The download site is http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

Best way to get return value from a .bat file
Platform: VC7, MFC, windows 2000 Hi, What is best way to get return value from a .bat to the calling program. I am using bat file to get return from a bat file For example bat file test.bat sets a value in environment variable as given below set %1 = 12345 when i execute bat file from cmd shell c:\>test AAA this sets value AAA=12345. If I execute same command from our program using CreateProcess. GetEnvironmetVariable function fails for the environment variable AAA. May i know what mistake am i doing? Regards Vijay vijay wrote: > What is best way to get return value from a ...

shortcut files
Hi...I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a new hard drive (in addition to my main drive). Since we installed the new drive and my data was moved over, none of my shortcuts to my excel files work (even though I redirected them). Excel opens, but the file does not. In fact, if I double click on the file it will not open. There are only two ways to open the file. One is through the File Menu when Excel is open, and the other is to drag the file icon onto Excel. This is very irritating! Any ideas? Thanks. Jay The standard fixes for this problem....... Tools>Options>General u...