Append Queries

I have an Append Query  which is appending data to a table. This is done when I run a Macro.The problem is, that all fields are getting transfered to the table correct, except one field. Instead of putting the value (i.e 62.000,00) in that field , the field shows (i.e.. 39.000,00). I have no idea where the table get the data from. The append query is showing the correct values. If the are getting transferred, that field gets changed.I already made the query and the table new - with the same result.Anyone knows how that can happen?ThanksKlaus
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The problem may be that the destination field is too small.  Check the actual limits for Integer, Long Integer, Single, and Double in help."Amateur" <Amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C66DE02B-1E69-4DA8-AA6F-59FDEF8E00E1@microsoft.com...>I have an Append Query  which is appending data to a table. This is done >when> I run a Macro.> The problem is, that all fields are getting transfered to the table > correct,> except one field. Instead of putting the value (i.e 62.000,00) in that > field> , the field shows (i.e.. 39.000,00). I have no idea where the table get > the> data from. The append query is showing the correct values. If the are > getting> transferred, that field gets changed.> I already made the query and the table new - with the same result.> Anyone knows how that can happen?> Thanks> Klaus
0
Pat

Query Delete and append
I am trying to add information to a table with an append query and that works fine since I duplicated the table. The information comes from a linked XLS sheet, I need to delete the information and replace it every day. When I created a delete query it works fine but when I try to add the information again using the append query it does not work unless I open the query in design view, save it and run it. I have dozens of other queries doing the same and they all work fine. What am I doing wrong? I looks like I am getting a 3349 error but why does it work once and then when I delete the ...

Run macro for each record in a query
Hello All I have a table [practices], which contains details of 'client organisations'. From time to time I need to send an email to certain 'client organisations'. I have a macro called 'send_emails' which uses the SendObject command, which I use to send the emails (a button on a form runs the macro). The emails include a report that is specific to the 'client organisation'. Currently I select the 'client organisation' with a combobox, run the macro, select another 'client organisation', run the macro again, etc. etc. It would be extrem...

instr for select Query
Hi. I've rersearched this forum extensivley and get the idea on how to do it but don't have enough experience to make it all the way. In a MS Access select query, I have a field that returns names in the following format: ;#Lastname1, Firstname1;#Lastname2, Firstname2;# I can't seem to sting the instr, len etc, functions together properly to clean up the string to: Lastname1, Firstname1; Lastname2, Firstname2 I've seen the Microsoft examples as well, I think I have to parse through it to break it up then concatenate back together the cleaned names, but the closest I can g...

Appending worksheets
Hello, I have a huge workbook with some 200 worksheets (Excel 2002) and wouldlike to create one single worksheet by appending the data on all worksheets one after another. Is there an easy way to do this without programming a macro? Thanks so much. Provided the total data rows do not exceed 65535 (assuming a standard top row for col labels), one way would be sequential manual copy > paste into a single new sheet placed to the left of the 200 source sheets. At an est 15 sec per manual op, 200 sheets would only take roughly an hour of work to accomplish. Thereafter, to clean up, jus...

call function in query
dear friends i want an query function to have serial numbers between two pre said numbers like between 100 and 105 = 101,102,103,104,105.thus i created an function in standard access module . public function _ foils(firstfoil as int ,lastfoil as int) as integer for foils = firstfoil TO lastfoil step 1 next foils end function IN query window it appeared as foils( <firstfoil>,<lastfoil>) while accessing and running on QBE window and while runnig query error accoring as "undefined function "foils" in qbe how to build query f...

Append and Append To priviliges
Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? Jay Append allows a user to be able to add items to an object for example you can append an address to an account. Append to allows a user to append this object to something else. You would need append to priv on the address object. They work together. "Jay Mehta" <jay.mehta@conexio.com> wrote in message news:b6caea5f.0310311043.682d756c@posting.google.com... > Anybody know what these two priviliges do for a record?? > > Jay So, in the example you gave of appending an Address object to an Account object,...

Querying
I have been playing with MS Query in Excel2000, and have noticed that when I type data that contains both numbers and letters, query doesn't recognise it and does not display it. I have tried to format the cell so that it is recognised as text but still it does not recognise it. It is also interesting to note that MS Query puts a decimal point and a 0 behind the data that are numbers. Please tell me what I have to do to make MSQuery recognise data that contains both numbers and letters ...

Re-Post Append to Append Query
Hi there, Awhile back, I posted about the following: Have a main form and sub form. When generate a new form, fill in the main form and tab to sub-form, an append query is executed that populates the questions and possible answers for the questionnaire selected in the main form. The user then selects there response. Now, however, additional questions have been added. This means I need to execute some kind of additional append query that will ignore question ids that have already been populated, and add new ones. As he so often does, Allen Brown very kindly posted responses and I ha...

append query with dtae and username
I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current date&Time and current username of the user . Many thanks, Dan Please ignore- wrong Group, sorry "Dan" wrote: > I am using an append query to add a new line to my table - one of the field > in this table is "Update_Date" and one is "Updated_By". > How via this query I can populated those two fields with the current ...

Group by Range in Crosstab Query
I have created a crosstab query which displays the number of days from referral to consult. I want to groups the days into ranges (0-14 days); (15-21 days);(>21 days), etc. and show total unit numbers based on that range. The sql statement currently reads as follows: TRANSFORM Count(qryWaitTimesMOReferralToConsult.Unit) AS CountOfUnit SELECT qryWaitTimesMOReferralToConsult.[Ref To Consult (Days)], Count(qryWaitTimesMOReferralToConsult.Unit) AS [Total Of Unit] FROM qryWaitTimesMOReferralToConsult GROUP BY qryWaitTimesMOReferralToConsult.[Ref To Consult (Days)] PIVOT Format([Re...

dynamic query?
I have database in which 1 field called sector has multiple values (e.g. A, B, C, D) and a field call industry which is a subfield to sector. So sector A can have mulitiple industries as can sector B and sector C etc. I have a table defined where the data looks like: Sector Industry A industry_1 A industry_2 A industry_3 B industry_1 B industry_2 B industry_3 C industry_1 C industry_2 C industry_3 On a data entry form, when sector A is chosen in th...

adding a toolbar to a specific query
I am wondering if there is a way to add a customized toolbar to a specific query. I have a query, accessed through a switchboard, that I want users to be able to export to excel (I created a macro). When I try to do it, it makes the toolbar available all the time, not just for this one query. Am I trying to do the impossible? Linda Linda wrote: > I am wondering if there is a way to add a customized toolbar to a > specific query. I have a query, accessed through a switchboard, that > I want users to be able to export to excel (I created a macro). When > I try to do it, it ...

Open all Excel spreadsheets/fles before running queries
I have a number of spreadsheets which use Ms Query to retrieve data from an Oracle database. I have set it up so that queries run automatically when I open a spreadsheet. In Excel 2003, if I open several such spreadsheets at the same time, Excel will open all spreadsheets first and then run the queries. This means that I can open all the spreadsheets I want to update, get immediate notification if any one of them is in use by someone else, open as read-only if so, and then go off and do something else while all queries update (15-20 minutes in some cases). In Excel 2007 wh...

Query in date range
Hello. Thanks for helping. I would like to create a query that will sum up expenses for various categories within a date range. I have created the query that sums the amounts, but I want it to use a high end of "Date()" or "Today()" and a low end date range that is the first day of the current month. Any idea if this can be done? Thanks, On Oct 31, 6:05 pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Use This -- > Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND Date() > > Remember that Date() is as of midnight and will not return a record as...

Query about query of subtracting 2 fields
I've tried to update a field (say, fieldC) with the value = fieldA - fieldB as follows: under FieldC in the row of "Update To", I type the following: [fieldA] - [fieldB] For those records with values in both fieldA and fieldB, fieldC is correctly filled with the subtraction value. However, for those with null value of either fieldA or fieldB, null value is got in fieldC as well. But my expectation should be as follows: when fieldA= 3, fieldB = null, the result I got in fieldC should be (3-0) = 3 Is there anything wrong with my expression? kindly help, thanks. On S...

Get count of append without appending?
I have several append queries. I would like to know how many records each would add to the target table without actually adding those records (the decision as to whether to add or not may be subjective). Is there a way other than duplicating the append queries with a select query? Dick Cleaveland hi Dick, news2@rgcle.com wrote: > Is there a way other than duplicating the append queries with a select > query? No, not really. Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub CountAppending() On Local Error GoTo LocalError Dim db As DAO.Database Set db = CurrentDb B...

Microsoft Support Queries (on Biztalk)
Hello concern, We have got some queries from Customer on Biztalk integration with IBM MQ. Customer using Biztalk Adapter for MQ Series to plug in to the MQ Queues and consumes the messages which are coming from ERPLN. The following are the question from Customer. "Could you please confirm that MQ messages are deleted once they're read by BizTalk application? If we were to pull the MQ Messages' data to 2 systems, does that mean we have to design a BizTalk application that processes the same data and send to 2 systems at the same time? Meaning, the same messages will no...

Appending to Autonumber Field
If I have a table with an autonumber as primary key which I would depoplulate and then repoplulate by appending from another table with the same structure, will it always work? i.e, record 1 autonumber = 1, record 2 autonumber = 2... etc. It works in my testing, but it doesn't seem like it should, or that I should count on it, nor does it seem like a good practice. For example, if there are 25 (1-25) retailers in tRetailer and if I "Delete * FROM tRetailer", I know that if I manually entered another retailer the next Autonumber would be 26. However, if I append from the other...

MS Query No visible tables
I am trying to link Excel to an Access file using MS Query (Data/Get External Data/New database Query/MS Access DAtabase. When I select the file, I get the message "This data source contains no visible tables". But the Access file has 5 tables. I have tried other Access files, some of which work OK, and others not. What do I need to do to the Access file to make this work? Hi Chris, The tables are probably hidden. If Access is set up to show hidden tables, you may not notice this, although the icon is slightly dimmer. Open the database, right click on the table name, select ...

Summary Query
I need help with a quey. First I have a table that has different columns, two fields that I want to use are "CSR" and "Responses". these two fields are lookup and linked with two tables. Now i need a report based on query, where I can have CSR names on left, and on top responses, showing the counts. I know I can do it through Pivot Table but then i can not export it to Excel as simply text. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com How about a Crosstab Query with CSR as a Row Header, Responses as a Column Header and Count of Responses as the Value? This wi...

List box (and queries) not sorting dates or showing correct headers
G'day all, I have inherited a system with a search function screen that is acting weird. There are actually two search screens, both constructed in a similar fashion, but the first does what it is supposed to do and the second is misbehaving. The form has a bunch of unbound controls allowing the user to enter search criteria. The only mandatory criteria is the sort order, which is set from a combo box. The data source for the combo box is a table, sys_GAPSSortBy, which contains a list of query names and a user- friendly label for use by the combo box. When the user clicks the "Searc...

Using query as filter
Can you use a select query as a filter in a report? If so, please help with the syntax. I tried putting in the properties and could not ever get the syntax to work. I am not using that query as a source for the report. Thanks so much!!!! Yes, create the Select query and either save it and use its name as the recordsource property of the report, or copy the SQL from the query, and paste it in the report's recordsource. Either method should work. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Golfinray" <Golfinray@d...

Append to Append Query
First of all, my apologies to anyone who read this in the Forms Coding group. I had misposted it there, when it should have been here. Here is my post: Awhile back, I posted about the following: > > Have a main form and sub form. > > When generate a new form, fill in the main form and tab to sub-form, an > append query is executed that populates the questions and possible answers > for the questionnaire selected in the main form. The user then selects > there > response. > > Now, however, additional questions have been added. This means I need to > execu...

QUery results from lookup wizard
I have a dropdown box with 3 options, for example option1, option2 and option3 When the user creates a record they select the relevant id, there can be many records for each id. CAn anyone tell me how to create a query to count how many times that each of the options are selected for a particular id. Thanks Andy Try this --- SELECT YourTable.ID, Count(YourTable.ID) AS CountOfID FROM YourTable GROUP BY YourTable.ID; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "ingalla" wrote: > I have a dropdown box with 3 options, for example option1, option2 and option3 > >...

append query 03-03-08
i am trying to append from one table (NewItems) to another(Main), but get an error saying it can't append 975 [of 4000] records due to key violations. The target table (Main)has a composite primary key made of date and itemnumber. All the items to be added have a new date that doesn't exist in Main. The append query is left joined on NewItems ItemNumber, so that all records from NewItems table should go into Main table. What am i not seeing? Why are 975 items being rejected? thanks. doh! i was using an expression to add , so i had to use a max query instead of the Main table...