App Runs Slower w/2 Users Than w/1?

Got an app that runs slower with multi-users.   I can see it
being little bit slower, but this one makes me thing I'm doing
something dumb.

When reconnecting tables, there's a quantum increase in time
needed - like at least 20x (haven't put a clock on it).

When just performing day-to-day functions like navigating a list
and loading details, it's about twice as slow when running
multi-user.

Separate copy of the front end on each user's PC.

Back end on a LAN file server.

I figure it's got tb something with hitting the .ldb file, but
what?

Something about the way I open the app?

Command line looks like this:
  START /B /HIGH /MAX
        "Collateralized Debt Obligations"
           MSACCESS.EXE  "%AppPathLocal%"
           /ini "%IniPath%"
           /wrkgrp "%SecPath%"
           /Excl
           /Cmd %AppDirLocal%
PeteCresswell
0
PeteCresswell
10/18/2007 3:15:34 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...