App in 2003 in a 2000 environment

I have my program in 2003 and a customer wants to include it in his program
which uses 2000.  Possible?  Can they both run on the same PC?  They use
diffent runtimes.  Comments welcome.
Ed
--
The Lottery Works! better with us.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In actual fact, the default file format for Access 2003 is the Access 2000
file format, so unless you've explicitly changed your application to the
Access 2002/2003 file format, you should be okay.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"InstantInfo" <InstantInfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my program in 2003 and a customer wants to include it in his program
> which uses 2000.  Possible?  Can they both run on the same PC?  They use
> diffent runtimes.  Comments welcome.
> Ed
> --
> The Lottery Works! better with us.

0
Douglas
5/11/2010 4:59:01 PM
Great news!  Along this line, The 2 runtime programs each run from a
different folder.  Office11 for 2003 and Office12(?) for 2000.  It seems to
me both runtimes could be installed or am I hoping for too much?  My 2003 app
only sees the folder Office11.
--

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> In actual fact, the default file format for Access 2003 is the Access 2000
> file format, so unless you've explicitly changed your application to the
> Access 2002/2003 file format, you should be okay.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>
> "InstantInfo" <InstantInfo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have my program in 2003 and a customer wants to include it in his program
> > which uses 2000.  Possible?  Can they both run on the same PC?  They use
> > diffent runtimes.  Comments welcome.
> > Ed
> > --
> > The Lottery Works! better with us.
>

> .

Third party app sending via outlook
Hello, I am deploying office system 2007 and need some help allowing a third party application to send through outlook. I have tried the registry setting for the security settings which worked for all the earlier versions, but now we have 2007 and it prompts the user to allow or deny the action. I have downloaded the admin templates for office 2007, but I have not been able to make it work (not prompt the user to allow the email program to use outlook). I may be missing something in the admin template. Any help would be greatly appreciated. J What you may be missing is a fully function...

Default mail account in Outlook 2000
I use Outlook 2000 to send and receive email from several different POP accounts. Sometimes I want to send emails from one account, while other times I want to send them from a different account. I know that Outlook allows you to change which account a message is sent from via the "File | Send Using" menu option. My problem is that I often forget to use that option and just click the "Send" button on the toolbar. This sends out the message using the Default POP account. After it has been sent I remember that I didn't use the "Send Using" option. My quest...

Outlook 2000 Runtime Error@ Start up
Error reads as follws: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" Then Outlook shuts down. It will pull in e-mails however we are unable to access the software. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2003 with Windows 7
Has anyone installed Outlook 2003 on Windows 7? If yes, does it work properly? I just bought a new PC with Windows 7 and do not want to purchase new Outlook software yet. Thanks. -- W Some people have said Outlook 2003 is not compatible with Windows 7 but there isn't any official information from Microsoft about this. If you want an email program (basic but really good) then Windows Live Mail could be the answer (this is also Microsoft free program) . http://download.live.com/wlmail hth "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Looking for Benefit Statement in Office 2003?
I am attempting to produce a Benefit Statement or Total Value Statement which will show employees the value of their cash compensation plus their benefit value. Does anyone have a suggestion for a template. I have Publisher 2003. Have you tried using Google for some ideas? I have received information similar to that but it has always been online, not a paper document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rgn" <rgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2A3DC87-61B5-4119-8...

Outlook 2003 junk email filter -stopped working!
I use MS outlook for emails and the junk email filter had been working on its own -- blocking junk emails and placing them in Junk E-mail folder. Recently it has simply stopped working! The only change I can think of that I made, was to add many more addresses to the blocked sender's list. I have the following setting, but I still receive emails from the addresses in blocked sender's list, while the junk email folder remains empty: * Level of protection set to high * Permanently delete junk emails instead of sending them to junk email folder is UNchecked Any suggestions on what migh...

Email Open with App Closed
Does anyone know if you can keep an individual email open but close the Outlook Application? No. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Lori" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46ba01c4906b$1138ebe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if you can keep an individual email open > but close the Outlook Application? ...

OWA 2003
I have Exchange 2003 on win2k3 server. If I connect to "http://server/Exchange" all the icons in OWA show up as red x's. If I connect to "http://localhost/Exchange" everything works fine. I've checked the directory permissions on all the folders in c:\exchsrvr\exchweb\* and they are set appropriately. I've also followed the advice I've found in other posts on this list and nothing is working. TIA. -Scott When you look at the properties of the red X normally you can see a path, fully qualified or otherwise, is this a valid path for the browser and do...

Use of X.400 Addresses in Exchange 2003?
Our Exchange organization is pretty simple -- everything is routed with SMTP within one routing group, no foreign mail systems. Is there any reason why we need X.400 addresses for recipients? I noticed that recipient policies cannot be created without an X.400 address being defined. I've removed X.400 addresses from a few recipients, and it hasn't affected their mail delivery at all. They are required when you're on Exchange 5.5 or in mixed mode. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Patrick Rohe" <Patrick...

Automate another app from my C# app
In order to automate an external app I need to open the File menu and click the fourth item in the menu. This item does not have a shortcut assigned to it. Can anyone give me some pointers on how I can do this. Thanks, Steve "Steve" wrote: > In order to automate an external app I need to open the File menu and > click the fourth item in the menu. This item does not have a shortcut > assigned to it. Can anyone give me some pointers on how I can do > this. > > Thanks, > Steve > . > If the other app is a .net application, then ...

Outlook 2003 #200
Does anyone know if you can copy and paste pictures directly into the body of the e-mail instead of making it an attachment? Yes. Use HTML format > Insert > Picture... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2f80801c46cc1$35140950$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if you can copy and paste pictures > directly into the body of the e-mail instead of making it > an attachment? ...

Re: Launching Internet Explorer from my MFC App
Hi All Would anyone out there know how to launch Internet Explorer with a specific URL from an MFC App. I would like to have a menu item that when selected launches Internet Explorer. Thanks in advance Hi, You can use ShellExecute(Ex) passing the url as the file, this will automatically start the associated application which is in the case of a url would be your default browser. ShellExecute(handle, NULL, "http://www.google.com", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); Hope this helps Chris Taylor "LarryM" <larryman.nospam@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:XDKcb.12...

Outlook 2003 Search folders #3
When I do a search in outlook 2003, does the search also check the contents of my attachments? Just want to know if I have to search the attachment content some other way. Thanks No, it doesn't search attachment content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

word 2000 loseing document
i'm useing word 2000 and xp home and i keep losing documents As I type! i am not a good typest and i assume i'm hitting a wrong key combination as i type but i can not figure what it is. Help Please -- charlesy What do you mean by "losing documents"? Does Word close itself? On Feb 17, 1:10=A0pm, charlesy <charl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i'm useing word 2000 and xp home and i keep losing documents As I type! > i am not a good typest and i assume i'm hitting a wrong key combination a= s i > type but i can not figure what it i...

Money 2003 Budget
I am attempting to set up the budget facility in Money 2003. In Edit budget mode the data appears correct including the information that is generated by Money from my payslip information. However when looking at the budget the items that relate to my payslip appear over budget as there is no $ budgeted for these items. Is this a known problem? What's the budget look like next month? When setting up a budget, the current month, as it is already in progress doesn't appear to follow the new budget in the way that we would expect. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://mo...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

SBS 2003 and two SMTP Domains
Hi Im trying to configure an SBS 2003 server to receive mail for two SMTP domains via the POP 3 Connector. I need some users to have an email address 123@xyz.co.uk and I need some users to have 123@abc.co.uk and I also need some users to have email addresses in both SMTP Domains. I have the POP3 connector collecting from both the external POP3 servers but the routing to the internal email users doesn't appear to work properly. The server has a '.local' type domain name Can anybody 'talk' me through it or point me in the direction of a document that can explain to me ho...

Outlook 2003 error with attachments.
OUTLOOK 2003 with SP1 installed, ERROR MESSAGE: "Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." This happens consistently when creating a new email and dragging a document into the email pane as an attachment. The attachment does not appear in the email, but is included. If I do Insert->File I see whatever document I include that way and the document previously dragged into the email pane. I did a search in the MS knowledge base and found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883942. I've already tried doing a "Detect and Repair" b...

Office 2000 and Windows 7 Problem
I just did a clean install of Windows 7 and Office 2000 with all the updates. First time I've ever seen this one...LOL...when I try to access folders on a DVD-RW or DVD-R from within Excel or Word 2000 I get this message: An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory available, and then try again. Well, of course, that's bunk. I have 4gb of RAM and none of it is being used in this operation when I track it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Scott Always copy files from remov...

Excel 2003 #17
The "comment" button is grayed out on the insert menu. How do i activate it? Thanks! Hi any chance you either have protected the sheet or grouped some sheet (word [group] appears in the title bar) >-----Original Message----- >The "comment" button is grayed out on the insert menu. How >do i activate it? Thanks! >. > ...

Connecting Entourage ver. 10 to exchange 2003
I am trying to connect entourage version 10 (MAC) to exchange 2003. I need help from the beginning to the end. ...

Media Player in C++ App
I've searched the threads but haven't seen this problem yet. Using VC++6 sp6 MFC. I have embedded the Media Player Active X into a dialog box. The resources show the proper media player default skin. Have filled out the properties and URL file (a MP3 file). When compiled, everything checks out. When I open the dialog box with DoModal(), the dialog box appears, the file plays but no media player is visible. Tried same with video file. sound is heard but again no player. Right mouse clicks bring up menu items and such and about shows the proper media player (9). First shot I just ...

Store Connection/App settings in A/D
Hello. I originally posted this to the A/D group, but thought this might be a good place too. What are the pros/cons of storing connection strings and global app settings in A/D. We have a lot of applications (Windows, ASP.Net, Add-ins for Office Apps, etc) and each need to retrieve connections strings, global app settings, etc. I want a central location for this stuff and don't want to include it with every app, nor do I want to add it to each Machine.config file. I was thinking of using A/D for this. On app start up I would get the info and cache it. Any and all ...

Compuware Profiler for VS 2003
Who knows how to use Compuware Profiler (community edition) for VS 2003? I couldn't find any help file or users guide. How to start? When I press any profiler's toolbar button I got this error: --------------------------- Microsoft Development Environment --------------------------- The DevPartner Control Service returned an unexpected error. Please contact Compuware Technical Support. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Have you tried to contact support ? :) -- Vladimir "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:O8PpfeBKG...

Outlook 2003 and Word XP #3
We are in the process of upgrading our Outlook XP client to Outlook 2003, but we will not have the budget to do the entire Office XP upgrade to Office 2003 until possibly next year. If there a way to get Outlook 2003 to use Word XP as its email editor? Thanks. --Sandy Sandy Proesch <sproe@spamcop.net> wrote: > We are in the process of upgrading our Outlook XP client to Outlook > 2003, but we will not have the budget to do the entire Office XP > upgrade to Office 2003 until possibly next year. If there a way to > get Outlook 2003 to use Word XP as its email editor? ...