An expression for dates from and to

I am trying to create an expression to select items from a date field falling
from a certain date to a certain date.  I am obviously missing something in
my expression.  The field name is DateComplete.  How can I set up this
expression to pull date from a certain date to a certain date?
--
Ronnie
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Ronnie,

An example of the SQL would be:

SELECT *
FROM [TABLE NAME]
WHERE DateComplete Between #1/1/2006# And #1/1/2007#
;

On May 23, 3:52 pm, Ronnie <Ron...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am trying to create an expression to select items from a date field falling
> from a certain date to a certain date.  I am obviously missing something in
> my expression.  The field name is DateComplete.  How can I set up this
> expression to pull date from a certain date to a certain date?
> --
> Ronnie

0
Kerry
5/23/2007 8:15:55 PM
I tried this, but it did not pull the dates between the dates I requested.
It still pulls every record.  I also need to be able to enter the dates from
and to.
--
Ronnie

"Kerry" wrote:

> Hi Ronnie,
>
> An example of the SQL would be:
>
> SELECT *
> FROM [TABLE NAME]
> WHERE DateComplete Between #1/1/2006# And #1/1/2007#
> ;
>
> On May 23, 3:52 pm, Ronnie <Ron...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to create an expression to select items from a date field falling
> > from a certain date to a certain date.  I am obviously missing something in
> > my expression.  The field name is DateComplete.  How can I set up this
> > expression to pull date from a certain date to a certain date?
> > --
> > Ronnie

SELECT PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContactID, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContRactID,
PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.ItemPrice,
PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Quantity, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Amount,
PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate, Year(PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate) AS
Expr1, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.DateComplete, ContRact_wPOID_qry.Extras,
ContRact_wPOID_qry.[Cost of Building], [DateComplete] Between #1/1/2006# And
#1/1/2007# AS Expr2
FROM PODet_ItemInfo_qry INNER JOIN (ContRact_wPOID_qry INNER JOIN
PODet_wCustInfo_qry ON ContRact_wPOID_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID) ON
PODet_ItemInfo_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID;

--
Ronnie

On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:52:01 -0700, Ronnie <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I am trying to create an expression to select items from a date field falling
>from a certain date to a certain date.  I am obviously missing something in
>my expression.  The field name is DateComplete.  How can I set up this
>expression to pull date from a certain date to a certain date?

Evidently you are having some problem with the expression or with the results
it provides. However you have not posted the expression nor the problem.

Care to give us some help here?

Just for a shortcut, guessing at one (of many) possible issues: if the
date/time field you're searching has a Time component you may miss data on the
last day using the syntax BETWEEN [Start] AND [End]. The End date will search
up to midnight on the beginning of the last day, omitting later times. Try

>= CDate([Enter start date:]) AND < DateAdd("d", 1, CDate([Enter end date:]))

to a) ensure that user input is converted to a date using their computer's
regional date conventions and b) cover the last day's data.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
5/23/2007 9:03:00 PM
Try this ---

"Ronnie" wrote:

> SELECT PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContactID, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContRactID,
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.ItemPrice,
> PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Quantity, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Amount,
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate, Year(PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate) AS
> Expr1, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.DateComplete, ContRact_wPOID_qry.Extras,
> ContRact_wPOID_qry.[Cost of Building], [DateComplete] Between #1/1/2006# And
> #1/1/2007# AS Expr2
> FROM PODet_ItemInfo_qry INNER JOIN (ContRact_wPOID_qry INNER JOIN
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry ON ContRact_wPOID_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID) ON
> PODet_ItemInfo_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID;
>
> --
> Ronnie
>

> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
> > Post your SQL.
> > --
> > KARL DEWEY
> > Build a little - Test a little
> >

> > "Ronnie" wrote:
> >
> > > I tried this, but it did not pull the dates between the dates I requested.
> > > It still pulls every record.  I also need to be able to enter the dates from
> > > and to.
> > > --
> > > Ronnie

Help me understand: what led you to believe that you could move the criteria
from the WHERE clause that Kerry specified into the list of fields, not use
a WHERE clause, and still have it work as though there were a WHERE clause?

Leave the [DateComplete] in the Field List and add a WHERE clause at the end
of your SQL, as Kerry showed, and I think you'll find it will work A LOT
better.

You'll have to provide a Form for the user to enter the dates and VBA code
to insert them into an SQL statement, or into the WhereCondition argument of
a DoCmd.OpenForm or DoCmd.OpenReport.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

"Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SELECT PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContactID, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContRactID,
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.ItemPrice,
> PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Quantity, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Amount,
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate, Year(PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate)
> AS
> Expr1, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.DateComplete, ContRact_wPOID_qry.Extras,
> ContRact_wPOID_qry.[Cost of Building], [DateComplete] Between #1/1/2006#
> And
> #1/1/2007# AS Expr2
> FROM PODet_ItemInfo_qry INNER JOIN (ContRact_wPOID_qry INNER JOIN
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry ON ContRact_wPOID_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID)
> ON
> PODet_ItemInfo_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID;
>
> --
> Ronnie
>

> "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
>
>> Post your SQL.
>> --
>> KARL DEWEY
>> Build a little - Test a little
>>

>> "Ronnie" wrote:
>>
>> > I tried this, but it did not pull the dates between the dates I
>> > requested.
>> > It still pulls every record.  I also need to be able to enter the dates
>> > from
>> > and to.
>> > --
>> > Ronnie

0
Larry
5/24/2007 1:23:33 AM
Thanks for all your help.  I will try all these things tomorrow when I am
back at work.  Obviously, you are all much more Access savy than I.  Thanks
again to all!
--
Ronnie

"Larry Linson" wrote:

> Help me understand: what led you to believe that you could move the criteria
> from the WHERE clause that Kerry specified into the list of fields, not use
> a WHERE clause, and still have it work as though there were a WHERE clause?
>
> Leave the [DateComplete] in the Field List and add a WHERE clause at the end
> of your SQL, as Kerry showed, and I think you'll find it will work A LOT
> better.
>
> You'll have to provide a Form for the user to enter the dates and VBA code
> to insert them into an SQL statement, or into the WhereCondition argument of
> a DoCmd.OpenForm or DoCmd.OpenReport.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > SELECT PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContactID, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContRactID,
> > PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.ItemPrice,
> > PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Quantity, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Amount,
> > PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate, Year(PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate)
> > AS
> > Expr1, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.DateComplete, ContRact_wPOID_qry.Extras,
> > ContRact_wPOID_qry.[Cost of Building], [DateComplete] Between #1/1/2006#
> > And
> > #1/1/2007# AS Expr2
> > FROM PODet_ItemInfo_qry INNER JOIN (ContRact_wPOID_qry INNER JOIN
> > PODet_wCustInfo_qry ON ContRact_wPOID_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID)
> > ON
> > PODet_ItemInfo_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID;
> >
> > --
> > Ronnie
> >

> > "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
> >
> >> Post your SQL.
> >> --
> >> KARL DEWEY
> >> Build a little - Test a little

THIS WORKED!  I now see what I was doing wrong.  I should have been putting
the information in the criteria field rather than trying to make an
expression.  Thank you very much for your help!
--
Ronnie

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Try this ---
> SELECT PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContactID, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContRactID,
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.ItemPrice,
> PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Quantity, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Amount,
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate, Year(PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate) AS
> Expr1, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.DateComplete, ContRact_wPOID_qry.Extras,
> ContRact_wPOID_qry.[Cost of Building]
> FROM PODet_ItemInfo_qry INNER JOIN (ContRact_wPOID_qry INNER JOIN
> PODet_wCustInfo_qry ON ContRact_wPOID_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID)ON
> PODet_ItemInfo_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID
> WHERE [DateComplete] Between #1/1/2006# And #1/1/2007#;
>
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "Ronnie" wrote:
>
> > SELECT PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContactID, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.ContRactID,
> > PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.ItemPrice,
> > PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Quantity, PODet_ItemInfo_qry.Amount,
> > PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate, Year(PODet_wCustInfo_qry.CustomerDate) AS
> > Expr1, PODet_wCustInfo_qry.DateComplete, ContRact_wPOID_qry.Extras,
> > ContRact_wPOID_qry.[Cost of Building], [DateComplete] Between #1/1/2006# And
> > #1/1/2007# AS Expr2
> > FROM PODet_ItemInfo_qry INNER JOIN (ContRact_wPOID_qry INNER JOIN
> > PODet_wCustInfo_qry ON ContRact_wPOID_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID) ON
> > PODet_ItemInfo_qry.POID = PODet_wCustInfo_qry.POID;
> >
> > --
> > Ronnie
> >

> > "KARL DEWEY" wrote:
> >
> > > Post your SQL.
> > > --
> > > KARL DEWEY
> > > Build a little - Test a little

Change dates to non-numeric text
Is there an effective way to convert dates to non- numeric 'general text', so that a date formated as 'MMM' will appear in text as Feb (for example), while a date formatted as 'YYYY' will appear as 2004 (another example). I am working with a pivot table - but am getting multiple same year entries in a layout pull-down menu? Ecen though I have formatted the dates as MMM and YYYY respectively I note that if I click on the cell the dates still appear in the conventional DD/MMM/YYYY format? I think this is causing my problem ... Don- Hi Don try =TEXT(A1,"MMMM...

Converting email from outlook express to outlook 2003
I recently purchased microsoft office professional edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook express. My email is still going to outlook express. How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Tony <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently purchased microsoft office professional > edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook > express. My email is still going to outlook express. > How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Set up Outlook. Create your account so that its properties match the account in OE. Then, open your Internet Op...

outlook express #70
I saved emails from my previous computer from Outlook Express on CD. I am running the identical program on my new computer and I cannot get my emails to load on this computers Outlook Express. Could you help me to get these emails off my CD. "Joni Clark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070001c3aa4f$f15ce080$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I saved emails from my previous computer from Outlook > Express on CD. I am running the identical program on my > new computer and I cannot get my emails to load on this > computers Outlook Express. Could you...

Extra field in SAles Date Inquiry ZOom
Our company distributes products to customers. We fill orders in our warehouse and then send them to Customers. W track date fulfilled, actual Ship date but we would like to complete the process by tracking Delivered date (from our courier) Therefore we would like a field in the SAles Date Inquiry Zoom called Delivery DAte added so we can populate it and report on it through Smart list with the other dates. I guess that field has to really be somewhere else in trx mode so it shows up in the Inquiry field . thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micros...

attachments on Outlook Express
The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? "spencer" <spencer4444@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1f0201c42754$31980900$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and > I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? Tools-Options-Security for the 160,000th time.......... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name....

Date calculation question
I have a submission date (reg date field) & an expected due date (using Workday to calculate 3 workdays from submission date, minus holidays). I would like to change the due date so if the document is submitted after 3:00pm, an extra day is added. How would I do this? Thanks, JoAnn If you include the time in the submission date, one way: A1: 27 February 2008 3:30 pm B1: =WORKDAY(A1,3+(MOD(A1,1)>15/24), holidays) assuming no holidays, this will return 4 March 2008 another, simpler, way: B1: =WORKDAY(A1+8.99999/24,3) In article <C26E5809-869A-4732-A977-CD...

Re-install Outlook Express 5
I up dated via download the OE version 6. Now some of my programs do not work properly because of a lack of available memory. Where can I find the old version 5, and can I re-install it? Larry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I up dated via download the OE version 6. Now some of my > programs do not work properly because of a lack of > available memory. Where can I find the old version 5, and > can I re-install it? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

date format in excel not in line with control panel regional setti
I am running office professional 97 on windows XP platform and have a problem with excel date formats. The control panel regional settings in windows are set correctly to English ( united Kingdom ) with short date format of DD/MM/YYYY. when I apply format > cells in excel and select the date category the date formats presented appear to be in US format i.e. MM/DD/YYYY. and if applied to cells, the US date format is displayed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling excel, but problem still persists. In Access, the date formats are in the correct UK format and not US. Are there an...

Express
Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000? Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt recognize them. Thom Either in OE go to File-Export or in Outlook go to File-Import and export. "Thom" <tlaybourne@hyspan.com> wrote in message news:34f901c3aa12$20df8a80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000? > Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt > recognize them. > > Thom Ok. What do you select for IMPORT? OR What do you select for EXPORT TO.. I can export to Excel but it errors during import. I ca...

Outlook Express opening slowly ??
I have WinXP Pro, running Outlook Express. Whenever i open OE6 it opens to the inbox, sticks (freezes) for about 10 to 15 seconds, then opens up the Inbox mail. It works fine from there on in. What could be causing it to open this slowly, is it checking on something and how can i stop it doing whatever it's doing in this time. It never used to happen. I did put some basic filters on e-mails (junk mail etc), and i thought it was that but i have removed them (i think) and it's just the same ??? Cheers Andy ...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

Graph where source data has different dates
I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data. The are both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009). However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly. When I try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up. Is it possible to have these line up correctly. I've tried formatting the axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points. So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days. Hopefully that makes sense. If not, just let me know & I'll try t...

outlook express...
it only works about 40% of the time. I get this error.... The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have contacted my isp and everything is good on their end and this is a chronic issue. Can you please help me resolve this? thanks... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgrou...

importar emails y cuentas desde Outlook Express 6 a Windows Mail
Me acabo de comprar un laptop con Windows Vista, mi anterior Laptop tenia XP y usaba el Outlook Express 6 y necesito pasar todos esos emails a Windows Mail, alguien me puede explicar como?? ...

Date format changes
Every so often the date format for all open worksheets are changed from yyyy to yy for no apparent reason. This can be resolved by closing down and re-starting Excel so it's no worse than an irritation. Does anyone know why this should happen please? Regards. Bill Ridgeway I'm not sure why restarting excel would help, but there are some date formats that are picked up from the user's short date format. If you look at: format|cells|number tab|Date category, you'll see some types that are preceded with an asterisk. When you click on one of those types, you'll see ...

Allow users to type a year in date drop-down. (Dex 9.0)
In Dexterity version 9, a drop-down has been added to the date control. In this drop-down, you can click on the year to get focus on it. You can then change the year using the up and down arrows on the keyboard or the buttons next to the year field. What you cannot do is type the year that you would like. In previous version, we used a lookup window to pick a date, but now that this drop-down is there, and we cannot disable it, we have removed our own calendar lookup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

Sorting/Filtering Date
Hi again ! Another simply one I hope: I have 2 columns of data Country Band UK A GERMANY B ITALY B FRANCE D SWEDEN D DENMARK E Is there a way I can show the data via colums ie Band A B C D E UK Germany France Denmark Italy Sweden BR Simo -- spgprivat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spgprivate's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member....

How do I display the most recent of three dates in an Access quer.
How do I display the most recent (or latter) of three dates in an Access query? I'm assuming that the date field is truely a date/time datatype and not a text field with something that looks like a date. 1. Create a query and sort on that field in descending order. Run it to make sure it looks correct. 2. Open the query in SQL view. Change where it says SELECT to SELECT TOP 3 One caution: If there is a tie for 3rd place, Access will show all the tied records. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

Outlook Express #285
How do I set up Outlook Express, so that it opens with my Identity instead of the Main Identity? Thanks, dmorgan wrote: > How do I set up Outlook Express, so that it opens with my Identity instead of > the Main Identity? > > Thanks, File-identities-manage identities-check 'use this...' http://www.insideoe.com/tips/forceid.htm In the future better ask in: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress -- Gérard gj.oomens@somso.demon.nl ...

Is Outlook Express Compatable with Outlook Express?
I have been using Outlook Express for many years and wonder if all the files etc. I have accumulated will be able to be transferred to Outlook if I switch. I cannot loose any files including old emails and contact information. "MichaelB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007501c39b76$549edf10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using Outlook Express for many years and > wonder if all the files etc. I have accumulated will be > able to be transferred to Outlook if I switch. I cannot > loose any files including old emails and contact >...

Comparing a date to todays date
I would like to cascade down an active workbook from the top row to the end. It could contain 10 rows or 50 rows. I want to look at the date in col C and make it RED if it's past 90 days from current date. Any idea's? Rather than programming (which refers to using visual basic to manipulate the sheet) your request can be handled by using conditional formatting. You didn't mention whether you are using 2007 or 2003; I'll provide 2003 instructions here and you can adapt them to 2007 if needed. Select the first cell (C1 or C2, depending on whether you have a ...

Excel VBA - SQL to .dbf date problem
Hi, I've been trying to do some SQL work in VBA to allow people to change database fields more easily. I managed to: extract the data from the file, change it in excel, add a new record where the user adds a new row, start populating this field (with default values as only certain values are changed in the view the user sees), crash when trying to populate a date field. At some point I'm going to try deleting fields (all efforts so far have failed) but for now, I'm trying to get this date field updated so that the remaining fields will populate themselves. Using the UPDATE state...

How to run a date based query for many months
Hello, I have one query based on a parameter "MyDate". I enter a full date ( dd/mm/yyyy french format but no matter ) and the query result is expressed by the month ( yyyy_mm) eg : i enter 25/12/2009 and the result is expressed in 2009_12 I have to run this query for n months before the entered date and 2 months after this date. Is it possible to get a SQL code for this ? Can you help me ? Thanks by anticipation. It would help if you posted the SQL of your query. Also, your requirement as stated is a bit vague. If you enter 25/12/2009 an...

Outlook express does not accept some attachments
I have a user running W2K and uses outlook express 5.0. We have noticed from time to time he does not receive attachments from two other users that we know of. The other two users are running W2K and Outlook 2K and the other is XP with Outlook 2K. This is an intermittent problem, probably occurring about twice per week. The attachments vary from word, .xls, .ppt, and Visio files. All users are keeping attachments under 3Mb which is the limit for the mail boxes. I am curious is there a setting that is preventing the attachments getting to him? If the other users copy myself or ...

date format error in cell
I have one cell that for some reason even though the format is set to general, when i put in say 2007-2011 i get a pop up box that says date format error. the issue is that this is the only cell in the entire column with this issue. this is a file exported out of SAP to Excel with VBA code in the background. then we insert two columns next to a date column. so the new columns are picking up that format. what i don't understand is why when i change the format the top cell still doesn't work. any ideas? On Mar 23, 11:07=A0am, pat67 <pbus...@comcast.net> wrote: > I...