AfterUpdate Problem

I need to flash an "RE-ORDER ALERT" message after inventory level falls below
re-order level. The message only flashes up when I move to a next record
and back after a DoCmd.Save.

I need the message to flash immediate after a Save.

Note. The message is a flashing label on the form.

Thank you.

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Perhaps you could code it to actually flash before DoCmd.Save is processed.
Once you're into that code string, it will be run.

Or, maybe consider a Message Box.  I like this idea because it forces the
user to interact with the reorder message.  No one can say "I didn't notice
it."

Sharkbyte

iholder <iholder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to flash an "RE-ORDER ALERT" message after inventory level falls below
>re-order level. The message only flashes up when I move to a next record
>and back after a DoCmd.Save.

Sharkbyte's comment about a msgbox is a good one.

But I'd also put a menu item on the main form running a form based on
a query showing all items which require reordering.  This way it's
real easy for the appropriate person to take a look once a day or so
and do the reordering.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Problems!
Anyone seen this before? My ISP says their mail server is fine. I can rcve anything, just can't send out anything over about 60kb attachment! "Your server has unexpectly terminted the connection. probably cause is network, server, et.... email stays in the outgoing box but also shows as sent. help! go to microsoft exchange and change your limits to 'no limit' for both outgoing and incoming mail. -ref >-----Original Message----- >Anyone seen this before? My ISP says their mail server is >fine. I can rcve anything, just can't send out anything >over ...

Problem upgrading
I trying to migrate from 3.0 to 4.0 and i got this error and i have no idea what is the problem any one can help me please this the end of the where i got the message log 17:32:47|Verbose| Retrieving information from database Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=SHAREPOINT;Initial Catalog=Continex_MSCRM;Integrated Security=SSPI ... 17:32:47| Info| Query row count: 0 17:32:47|Warning| Check CrmV3CustomizationUnpublishedValidator : Warning: El programa de instalación ha detectado personalizaciones en el sistema actual que no han sido publicadas. Si continua, estas personalizaciones se per...

Restore problem!
Hi there Im new in your forum and also in Vista World! I got a Hp laptop AMD Turion x2 64 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD! Im having a problem, since my laptop is new, i couldn't install other OS except Vista (or i could manage it with some serious changes on the system, which i didn't accept to do) So, since I'm new in Vista i don't know much about that! Im having a issue with this laptop a kind of System Restore every time I restart my computer! In case that I don't know that the SR is, let me explain my problem For example: My default folder view is show...

IF then problem for beginner
I have five cells that show 6.03% 3% 3% -0.07% and 7440 If any of the first four cells contain a negative number, how would I display "warning" in the fifth cell instead of 7440 Try this: =if(d2<0,"Warning","") The "" will make the cell blank if d2 is greater than 0. Regards BW ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: E1 =IF(MIN(A1:D1)<0,"Warning", 7440) In article <085201c3a7bc$d...

Got problem with CView::Create
I had a class. It works so good on my many demo applications. But when I add that class into other application, it doesn't work. It got error at line: if(!CView::Create(NULL, NULL, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, rectClient, pWnd, NULL, NULL)) return FALSE; (Error message: Unhandled exception 0xC0000005: Access Violation) Somebody help me please! Thanks for reading! Have a nice day! Well, that access fault happens on a specific line of code. Note that you cannot use the syntax below because CView::Create is not a static method, so I have no idea what this is doing because you have shown no co...

publisher trial problem
I can't install the Publisher 2007 because I keep getting an error message that I do not have access to some fonts. Then I get a message to abort, retry, or ignore. The only thing that works is abort, and I lose the program. Can anyone help? What is the exact error message? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "flowerscarlet" <flowerscarlet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8AA398-6C41-435F-B04D-E741BC722EA4@microsoft.com... >I can't install the Publisher 2007 because...

Problem with Worksheet_Change
I have a "Home" worksheet with a hyperlink to another hidden "Test" worksheet. The test is timed and will display "STOP" in cell "u1". In the sheet code module, I have a subroutine to recalculate so the time elapsed is updated: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target as Range) ActiveSheet.Calculate End Sub I want to use "STOP" as the trigger to return to "Home" worksheet which will display the test results. I've read some of the other postings and tried the procedures but it doesn't work. If this isn't...

USB problem
Running XP-SP3 with all updates current. I have a WACOM tablet, driver is latest version; plugged into a USB port in rear of DELL PC. I'll boot up and get error message,"USB device not recognized...". I check Device Manager and no flags are showing. I simply plug into another USB port and I get message that "Human Interface Device found" and my tablet now works. The next day I boot up and the same error message pops up and the fix is to reverse what I did the previous day, just plug back into yesterday's "bad USB port". Any ideas what I am ch...

Outlook problems and bugs
Problem #1: In Outlook Express you can view a message's headers and HTML source by right clicking on an email header and choosing 'properties.' Is there any way to do this in Outlook? This is a useful feature and I can't believe that it wouldn't exist in Outlook. I get a lot of possible spam that I want to examine before opening. I am detecting viruses in my email just about every day and I am being cautious. Problem #2: I had to reinstall my OS a couple of weeks ago -- so I backed up my folders in Outlook and then imported them back into an new installation of Outl...

Tab control problems
I am creating a form that has 2 tabs on it, one for entering packing data, the other for entering nutritional data. I now want to divide up the fields from my database onto the 2 tabs, some fields are for one, some are for the other. I have gotten a lot of the fields in the right place and everything looked good, but then all of a sudden certain of the controls were appearing on BOTH tabs, and when I would delete it from one tab, it would be deleted from the form completely. This is probably something extremely simple, but I am just not seeing it. Thanks in advance for the help. ...

IDE problem
TheClassFile.h -------------------------------------------------------------------- class Blah_Fooh { public: enum eModule { eBlah1 = 0, eBlah2 = 1, eBlah3 = 2, }; Blah_Fooh(); virtual ~Blah_Fooh(); bool AFoohFooh( CString &data, enum Blah_Fooh::eModule module ); }; TheClassFile.cpp -------------------------------------------------------------------- .... bool Blah_Fooh::AFoohFooh( CString &data, enum Blah_Fooh::eModule module ) { bool result=false; .... .... return result; } I have created the above class in my project. I have a method (above) in which the parameter...

problem!!!
I made a C language program in xp but now when I am running it in windows 7 64 it is not running... it is showing compatibility problem.. what should I do if I want to make a simple C program that should run on win7 64. Hi, Not an easy answer but first things first. Right click on the executable file, Properties and go to the Compatibility tab. Make the necessary checks in order to make it run in Windows XP compatibility mode. That might help. Also take into account that 16-bit executables will not run in 64-bit OSs, neither programs that require loading 32-bit drivers...

Problem installing Money 2006
After installing Money 2006 and I try to open the program for the first time a screen comes up stating "Please wait while Money checks for software updates. This might take several minutes." But what is wrong is that this scrren never disappears, and I hhaven't been able to open Money at all. Please help!!! In microsoft.public.money, Chiby wrote: >After installing Money 2006 and I try to open the program for the first time >a screen comes up stating "Please wait while Money checks for software >updates. This might take several minutes." But what is wron...

OL 2003 and problem with zip files
We have a problem on our office PC that has started since yesterday. We receive .zip archives as a mail attachment but the last three we have received will not open or save. We have gone back to known good zip archives which have opened previously from Mon/Tue this week & earlier and those now won't open on the same PC. We have forwarded the email to another PC and this can open/save the .zip archive as expected. In addition the Subject line has mysteriously disappeared from within Outlook but we have now got that back. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem...

problems with setItemText()
Hi I am not sure why I am having the following behavior with SetItemText() I have the following simple code Index = GLOBALCONTROLLIST->InsertItem(0, "test1"); GLOBALCONTROLLIST->SetItemText(Index, 1, "test2"); GLOBALCONTROLLIST->SetItemText(Index, 2, "test3"); GLOBALCONTROLLIST is just a reference to the CListCtrl The report is not sorted. I get "test1" in the first column, but the rest of the columns don't display any text value. I noticed that false is returned from these references. Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks Did you set...

Re: Calculate Problem
1) ON MY EXCEL WORKSHEET AT THE BOTTOM, AFTER �READY�,I KEEP GETTIN �CALCULATE�. AS A RESULT, MY FORMULAS TAKE SO LONG TO PERFORM AND ALS UNABLE TO GO TO ANOTHER CELL EXCEPT I PRESS THE EXC KEY. HOW DO I TUR IT AND MINIMIZE THE TIME IT TAKES FOR MY FORMULAS TO PERFORM TH TASK. 2) THE RESPOND YOU GAVE ME ON HOW TO PASTE UNTO MULTIPLE SHEETS ON TH SAME WORKBOOK AT THE SAME TIME VIA HOLDING THE SHIFT KEY THE SELLECTING THE SHEETS AND THEN PASTE DOES NOT WORK . ANY OTHER METHO PLEASE. THANK YOU -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com #1. I figure excel takes as long as it needs...

AfterUpdate/BeforeUpdate and SetFocus
I have some problems with the SetFocus command in a Userform with an AfterUpdate or BeforeUpdate routine. To make it clear to you, I made a very small Userform to demonstrate it. It only contains 8 TextBoxes and this code: Code: Private Sub TextBox01_AfterUpdate() Me.TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox02_BeforeUpdate(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox03_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub - Private Sub TextBox04_Change() TextBox08.SetFocus End Sub I expected that in ...

Problem in Excel
I am using Excel 2000 Premium. On only 2 computers and I have 25, when I type in 25 in a cell, it changes to 35? Someone has played a trick on you. Tools|AutoCorrect Options and search down the list till you find the rule that replaces 2 with 3, then delete that rule. Jerry Loraine wrote: > I am using Excel 2000 Premium. On only 2 computers and I have 25, when I > type in 25 in a cell, it changes to 35? ...

Outlook Rules problem #3
I have set up a couple of basic rules to screen and move incoming mail to other folders on my pc. The rules work fine most of the time and the logic seems ok but every so often messages which should have been moved stay in the inbox, BUT when I re-run the rules manually with "run now", the emails ARE moved, suggesting that the rules themselves are OK! This behaviour is unpredictable. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Geoff Sussex UK ...

Problems receiving mails for second domain
Hello, i got the following problem since yesterday. Our Exchange Server is reliabel for domain1.de and domain2.de. Mails for domain1 are still delivered to the mailboxes, mails to domain2 not. The sender gets an message with. <This is not a relay host - mail must be to or from host domain.> I`ve checked the mx records at our isp, they are okay. What can be the reason that the second domain is not reachable ? Thanx for yout help ! ...

Solver Problem with IF function
Hello All, I am trying to determine the most cost effective cell phone rate plan based on the amount of minutes a user has in the past month. I have set up a table of rates (i.e. 49.99 per month, 1000 plan minutes, .35 per minute for overage usage, 59.99, 69.99, etc) and I am attempting to set up solver to minimize the total cost of the bill by changing the user's plan to the most cost effective plan rate. Currently cost is calculated by adding the plan cost (49.99 per month) and adding the overage usage (minutes over plan X .35). The problem I have is building the calculation for the o...

keypad problem

sscanf problem.
I know it's not really an MFC problem, but it is in an MFC based APP. The followng code: char cs[3]; BYTE b; m_EntryMac[0].GetWindowText(cs, 2); sscanf(cs, "%X", &b); This code causes a fault at the sscanf line, but only in release mode. Works fine in debug mode. The m_EntryMac[0] is an edit field allowing only 2 characters of entry. So it is trying to convert the users input of something like 'A1' into 0xA1. Does that make sense? Anyway, why doesn't it work at runtime in release mode? Help appreciated. Regards Control Freq schrieb: > > ...

Help
Hi, I've been following KB307917 faithfully as I migrate my old exchange 2000 to a new box with Exchange 2003. I have a FE/BE setup, FE was already upgraded to E2k3, but still running Win2k. All remote services were working fine from the outside, including OWA, POP3 and IMAP (all 3 with SSL). Today, I hit the point where I removed the public folder replicas from the old server, rehomed the RUS, and set the new server as Master of Routing group. All seemed to go well, except, OWA still works from outside (and inside) but POP3 and IMAP do not work remotely. If I VPN in, I can get mail...

Problem
Hi, The reminders of the callendar and tasks won't appear in Outlook. A message appears in the systemtray that the reminder service couldn't start. Running the switch /CleanReminder or /resetfolder doesn't help. Also making a new profile has no effect. A Does anybody know a solution? Henry Are you running Exchange? Also check your Calendar Free/Busy options in Tools-> Options-> tab Preferences-> button Calendar Options-> button Free/Busy Options... Make sure all is unchecked. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News...