after crash forms display #NAME?

Hello,

 I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup
and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job
Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display
"#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms,
and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a
select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its
worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash.

   Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any text box, then
using the "add existing field" menu drag the text box back onto the form, All
of the text boxes including the one i draged in will then display the correct
data. I then save the form, save the database and close it. When i open it
back up however, all the boxes display #Name? again. Ive also noticed that
before the crash the file was around 8mb now its 1.6mb. Is there a way to
restore the DB to its working form? What happened to the other 7megs of my
data?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:21:10 -0800, idtjes3
<idtjes3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

The best way to restore the DB is to restore the db. That is, restore
a previously made backup. If you don't have one, you have joined the
club of sadder but wiser men.
The file size difference is because of compacting. Nothing to worry
about.
#Name? could be because the table or query underlying your form is
corrupt or not the version you think it is. Inspect that first.

-Tom.

>Hello,
>
> I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup
>and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job
>Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display
>"#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms,
>and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a
>select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its
>worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash.
>
>   Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any text box, then
>using the "add existing field" menu drag the text box back onto the form, All
>of the text boxes including the one i draged in will then display the correct
>data. I then save the form, save the database and close it. When i open it
>back up however, all the boxes display #Name? again. Ive also noticed that
>before the crash the file was around 8mb now its 1.6mb. Is there a way to
>restore the DB to its working form? What happened to the other 7megs of my
>data?
0
Tom
1/23/2008 3:42:47 AM
Thanks thats what i was afraid of. What about this repair and compile option
ive heard about?

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:21:10 -0800, idtjes3
> <idtjes3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> The best way to restore the DB is to restore the db. That is, restore
> a previously made backup. If you don't have one, you have joined the
> club of sadder but wiser men.
> The file size difference is because of compacting. Nothing to worry
> about.
> #Name? could be because the table or query underlying your form is
> corrupt or not the version you think it is. Inspect that first.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >Hello,
> >
> > I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup
> >and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job
> >Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display
> >"#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms,
> >and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a
> >select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its
> >worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash.
> >
> >   Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any text box, then
> >using the "add existing field" menu drag the text box back onto the form, All
> >of the text boxes including the one i draged in will then display the correct
> >data. I then save the form, save the database and close it. When i open it
> >back up however, all the boxes display #Name? again. Ive also noticed that
> >before the crash the file was around 8mb now its 1.6mb. Is there a way to
> >restore the DB to its working form? What happened to the other 7megs of my
> >data?

> What about this repair and compile option ive heard about?

That would be "Compact and repair database". With the database open, in
Access 97 through 2003, click on Tools | Database Utilities...| Compact and
repair database.

If you are working in Access 2007, you need to click on the Office button |
Manage | Compact and Repair Database.

If this does not fix the problem, then try the steps outlined in my Access
Links.doc Word document, on page 3, in the section that is titled "My
standard advice for attempting to fix minor corruptions". You can download a
copy from here:

     http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html

"idtjes3" wrote:

> Thanks thats what i was afraid of. What about this repair and compile option
> ive heard about?
Thanks alot Tom you might have saved me the headache of loosing a day of
work. will try when i get to work.

"Tom Wickerath" wrote:

> > What about this repair and compile option ive heard about?
>
> That would be "Compact and repair database". With the database open, in
> Access 97 through 2003, click on Tools | Database Utilities...| Compact and
> repair database.
>
> If you are working in Access 2007, you need to click on the Office button |
> Manage | Compact and Repair Database.
>
> If this does not fix the problem, then try the steps outlined in my Access
> Links.doc Word document, on page 3, in the section that is titled "My
> standard advice for attempting to fix minor corruptions". You can download a
> copy from here:
>
>      http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>
> "idtjes3" wrote:
>
> > Thanks thats what i was afraid of. What about this repair and compile option
> > ive heard about?
Let me know if that is enough to fix the issue. If the problem still
persists, I still have a few more things that you can try out.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP

"idtjes3" wrote:

> Thanks alot Tom you might have saved me the headache of loosing a day of
> work. will try when i get to work.

Display Automatic sentence after filter.
Sir, I have have a worksheet which have columns in this manner – A B C D Concession Form Received 6 "List of C / D Form Received." 7 Form Form No. Date Amount 8 C Form 9 D Form 10 C Form 11 C Form 12 D Form I want to do that The sentence “List of C Form Received” or List of D Form Received" List of Due D form”, List of Due C Form", automatically display in A6. only in that case when in b column in front of Form; Form No is Filled, otherwise it should be returned blank after filtering with specific C or D Form selection. I hope you one of MVP will solve my probl...

Data display incomplete after creating Pivot Table
I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report. I have tried increasing column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested in some of other discussion forum. Nothing is working so far. Any help appreciated. Thank you! Hi komal. I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page. It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way. If my comments have h...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

Money 2005 Crashes on Starup
When I start Money 05 and sign in online, the program goes to the My Money homepage and then crashes. This happens every time I start money while online. If I check the Work Offline checkbox, the system is fine, but I can't download anything. To get it to work I have to start Money 05 and then before I log in, I kill the mnybbsvc.exe program. Then it will occasionally work, but often requires another kill/startup cycle. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. PS: I have the latest version and it has worked fine for me so far. Brian In microsoft.public.money, Brian Vallelunga wrote: ...

Pre populating a form with data?
Hi, I have a clients form and an Appointments form that obviously have corresponding tables.. I want to put a button on the clients form that opens the appointments form and pre-populates the "Client" field. The client field is an integer lookup against the clients names. How do I go about this? i tried but failed miserably Hi Craig You can create a form showing appointments - ensure that the ID field is shown on this form. From the main form (also with the ID field in a control) yu can place a button with an OnClick event like this Private Sub ButtonName_Click() ...

hiding forms button
I guess the name says it all I'm wondering if there's anyway to hade form button. I want to creat a macro that will hide all the form button and protect the sheet when I try to just hide the columns it just moves the buttons to th right and leaves them there. please help a newb.. -- bigtonyic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bigtonyicu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2243 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39511 bigtonyicu, Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Co...

Load SalesOrderId into a Variable from SalesOrderDetail form
Hi, I need help here. And I can't figure this out... I'm trying to do a web service query that filters on the SalesOrderId from the SalesOrderDetail record. Problem is, the SalesOrderId field cannot be exposed on the SalesOrderDetail (Order Product) form, and thus, I can't get this GUID value and load it into a variable! How can I get this Value?! Is it possible? -- MD Never mind. Figured it out. The code below did the trick! var ParentFormId = window.opener.document.all.crmForm.ObjectId; ParentFormId = ParentFormId.replace("{",""); ParentFormId = Pa...

Information store crashes due to IMC??
I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed in KB article 278320. Yet the fix listed in the article is SP4 for Exchange?? I even reinstalled SP4 early last week & it's still crashing every third day or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Patrick Ford Start by applying post-SP4 hot-fixes. If it continues to crash - call MS PSS and ask for help. KC2NC wrote: > I'm running EX5.5SP4 on Win2kSP4 > My information store keeps crashing with the exact same event ID's as listed > in KB article...

Filter a Report Using a Form's Filter
Hi, i'm working on a payroll program so i want to filter a report by building a form filter by month ,city,site but i want to know how i can set the properties of the form step by step !! Is this a form or report question? Do you have any field names you can share? Do you understand that your first step might be to create some combo boxes that allow you to select a Month, City, and State? If you have combo boxes, they should be given names like: cboMonth, cboCity,.... -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "amr" wrote: > Hi, > i'm working ...

outlook 2003 crashes when opeing inbox email
on certain emails that have a read-only word doc as an attachment, that are in the Inbox, when I go to open them, outlook completely shuts down. other emails are fine. tried this as well: right click on the same email and move to another folder - now I can view it fine. if I reboot the compter, the same situation happens all over again. signed, puzzled Paul in PA ...

crash in Exit_Instance
I have a simple dialog-based application that loads a dll. I am having a problem with it as follows: When I close the main window, I get an access violation in the ExitInstance function. I see that ExitInstance is called once for the dll (which succeeds) and then once for the main app (which is the call that fails). Stepping through the code, I see that the access violation occurs because the pointer returned by AfxGetModuleState for the second call of ExitInstance points to memory that appears to have been deleted already, and in fact is the same as the pointer returned by the fi...

Question about forms embedded in emails
Hi All, I am interested in the possibility of embedding forms in emails. I would like to discover what Outlook configuration settings may affect the ability to receive an HTML email with a form embedded in it - in working order of course. Can anyone point me to information about this? Thanks Colin G -- coling http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Serial date format displayed in combo box problem
I am using a combobox on a form, and using the rowsource property importing a series of dates in the following format 17/11/03 form a worksheet. When you select the pulldown arrow the format 17/11/03 appears for the entire list, however when you select the date the 37548 appears in the combobox. How do you fix this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about something like: Option Explicit Dim blkProc As Boolean Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() If bl...

anyway common way to handle crash i com object?
Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) any help really appreciable What kind of crash? Is it throwing an exception? AliR. <hellokareem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145870108.295757.254160@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Any common way to handle com interface crash?actually i coudn't finout > exact reason of crash..(crash coming in releasing time,once in a while) > any help really appreciable > You have provided no information to help you. Make a releas...

Money 2005 Account number displays as xxxxx
I have just upgraded from Money 2004 STD (Australia). All my account numbers in the 'accounts list' dialog box display mainly as 'xxxxx. My account numbers are alphnumeric. They are correct when I open the individual accounts. Does anyone have a work around or know of a fix for this bug? Rgds - Pete This is nothing more than stupid knee jerk pseudo-security. R-click and go to the account settings and it will look correct. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3e01c4ac1c$02961af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have just upgraded ...

Clip Organizer Crash Crash Crash
At my wit's end. Win Xp Pro SP1 Office 2002 SP2 Pentium 2.4Ghz HT 1GB RAM Defragged Disk Clean up - OK Recycle Bin - Empty Internet Cache - Clean Temp Folder - Empty Clip Organizer - Compact Video Drivers - OK (Installed when system was set up, operating for 6 months without a problem.) Working on Publisher files. Insert picture, Enter key word, Search, Get results, Start to scroll through results, Little by little, clips start to appear more slowly until finally the program hangs and clips no longer continue to appear, I get 'Program has stopped responding', or have to s...

Money 2003 Crashes
Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" to "performance" the Money 2003 Standard program crashes and closes. Do I reinstall the program after backing up my data, or do I first uninstall before doing the reinstall. Thanks, FL Green Reinstalling may not help. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104 and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=85. "FL Green" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1922101c44c83$d4b5fda0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I change the portfolio view from "standard" > to "performance...

using 'bold' in a continuous form
I have a bound subform that shows records in continuous view. The first field is txtEmpID. Another field is txtGroup. If txtGroup has the focus, I'd like the corresponding value of txtEmpID to be 'bold'. I tried using 'txtEmpID.fontbold = True' in txtGroup's Got Focus event, but this 'bolds' txtEmpID in all records. I'd appreciate any clues Terry Assuming Access 2000 or later, you can use Conditional Formatting. You can't use code, because the code does affect all rows. Right-click the control in form design view to set up CF. -...

Latest updates crashed Application Pools on my IIS server!!!
This morning I installed several new updates on an IIS 6.0 server hosting WSS 3.0. It's a standalone SharePoint installation and the same server also runs the SQL 2005. Once the updates were installed and the computer rebooted, all my Application Pools were in "stopped" state with "unspecified error" as description. Of course, all sites hosted on this server came back with "service unavailable" page. I uninstalled four out of seven updates, 955759, 973917, 973904 and 976325 (IE8), and the sites came back online. I had a similar experience wit...

Outlook crashing when selecting Tools/Macros or VBA
Outlook 2K3 crashes ( and restarts ) when you select Macros or Visual Basic editor in the Tools-Menu. Can anyone help me to sort this out ? ( I'am using Windows XP Home Edition ) ...

displaying several charts, one at the time
I have several charts on the result sheet. I would like to create the procedure which will display one chart after another, one at the time, putting it in the middle of the screen, like the user form or message window. In addition I would like to add the continue button to move to the next chart to be displayed. Is it possible ? I could put each chart on separate sheet but I prefer to keep them all on one sheet. Thanks for advice. Tony try this url http://edferrero.m6.net/Content/ChartSelector.zip Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EAF1C1E-650D-4EE9-...

Request.Form error in asp.net
We have a web page that displays dated notes kept in SQL table. The users have apparently done a copy/paste of email content into the nvarchar(max) column. Now, when we read it in edit on a web form we are getting the error below. Can anyone help us avoid this issue as the web page crashes. Thanks. An unhandled exception occurred: Message: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$ContentMain$fvActivityHistory$txtActivityNotes="...g, Teresa <tgering@aging.net> w..."). Stack Trace: at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateSt...

Outlook 2007 crashing when opening tracked emails
Hello, Some of my users are experiencing intermittent Outlook 2007 crashes when attempting to open already "Tracked in CRM" emails. Event viewer shows that generic faulty application error. I have tried running office diagnostics, crm diagnostics, re-installs, and adding the most recent CRM 4.0 hotfix. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced the same thing. Thanks ...

Number format display
1) I format a cell to Number (0 decimal places, and Negative numbers as -1234). 2) When I enter a value with more than 15 numbers, the 16th digit and onwards become 0 3) I need to know how to display all the digits even when they are more than 16 digits. Any ideas? That is all you get with numbers, everything after 15 digits will be truncated, so to display more you need a text format.. If you really need to make calculations you need something else and if for display use text (or precede entry with apostrophe) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "pcw" <peter.cho-wing@a.statc...

crash
Hi, I have a property page derived class CProp and I tryn to instantiate it like this:- CProp *test = new CProp; When I do this? It crashes in mfc in the below function on line "hInst = AfxGetResourceHandle();" When I use a static library it doesn't cause problems. So I guess I need to be doing some more initialisations before I can instantiate via a shared mfc dll. What is the extra thing that needs to be taken care of? Thanks Vipin HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxFindResourceHandle(LPCTSTR lpszName, LPCTSTR lpszType) { ASSERT(lpszName != NULL); ASSERT(lpszType != NULL); HI...