ADP in A2007 Runtime: Traditional binding of form to stored procedure taking no parameters no longer works - 147881

Forms in ADP can have a stored procedure as the RecordSource.
Traditionally we could write: RecordSource="dbo.EmployeesList"  (or
use the RecordSourceQualifier to specify "dbo").
On A2007 runtime this no longer works: The record source
'EmployeeList' specified on this form or report does not exist.
On A2007 (with or without the /runtime command line switch) it does
work.

The only workaround I have found so far is to put the entire
expression in the RecordSource property like this: "exec
dbo.EmployeesList". I don't think this is an intentional change by
Microsoft.
Here is why I think this is a bug: SQL Server Profiler is recording:
SELECT * FROM "dbo"."EmployeesList"
Sounds to me like Access is thinking it's a view rather than a sproc.

I have put a backup of the NorthwindCS database and the ADP here:
http://www.kittest.com/NorthwindCS_A2007RT.zip
These files are identical to the ones that shipped with A2000, with
the addition of the EmployeesByID and EmployeesList sprocs, and a few
test buttons on the Main Switchboard. Just like with the original
NorthwindCS, you may have to fix up the database connection before it
opens properly.

I know there is a bug in the A2007 runtime. Clint Covington wrote on
Jul-20: "There is a known bug where reports don't work in ADPs. We are
working on a QFE for the issue."  That was 2 months ago, and I think
the QFE hasn't been released yet. I'm also not at all sure it will fix
this issue, if indeed it is a bug.

My questions:
* Can you confirm the behavior I am describing?
* Is this a bug?
* Any better workarounds than the one I described above?
0
Tom
9/27/2007 2:25:36 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Runtime Error 381
When I use Shift F4 to post a payment I receive a runtime error 381 which closes the pos station. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? If QuickSell 2000, try running a Zout. -- * "Cleanitup" <Cleanitup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F4B0B45-C95A-462C-ABB8-55DC40A77AAA@microsoft.com... When I use Shift F4 to post a payment I receive a runtime error 381 which closes the pos station. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? Possibly a printer problem? Or you have no tenders defined. I would look at my printer first, can yo...

adp vc mdb
I will develop a new application using SQL server as my backend. I would like to know what will be my best choice between adp and mdb. What are the benefits to use either one? What should I know in advance between them? your information is great appreciated, If you have a large complex and existing application that you wish to migrate to SQL server, then it's a very easy decision, and you should simply stick with the standard MDB file, and simply link the tables the SQL server. if you're developing something from scratch, then the issue becomes a little bit more difficult. ofte...

Form Code Required
Hi I run Excel 2K Does anyone have some VB code that forces a form to open to the maximum screen size available. Also, where would I put the code if it is available. Thanks This doesn't force it to open to cover everything on the screen, but does open it to cover the displayed spreadsheet: Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.Width = ActiveWindow.Width Me.Height = ActiveWindow.Height End Sub The code goes into the form's Initialize event process. Here's a page that shows how to get the current screen resolution, and you could use it in conjunction with the above cod...

Security for an ADP; what is Access part? What is SQL server's part.
I have an ADP (Access forms, etc with SQL Server backend) How would I implement security for end users? Do I set up in Access? Then how does access talk to SQL Server? Do I set up user accounts in SQL Server? To I configure both? Isn't their an application role in SQL Server? I need a general framework to start with. Any advice or links would be appreciated. Mike I generally use integrated Windows security with SQL-Server, then create an Access ADE (or more often an MDE) for the Access Front-end. You don't need to login, but you do need to be in a group with permissions to ...

Runtime to Terminate
I just bought a new desktop with Windows XP. I loaded Office 2000 and everything worked fine until Norton Antivirus booted up. Now I keep getting a message that says the "application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". After the message, outlook will not work until I close the app and then reopen. Any fixes??? ...

Concatenate form fields and include linefeed
Access 2003 Question. I want to concatenate some table fields into a single text field in a report. Basic concatenation works OK but I cannot get linefeeds to work. Every way I try I just get square boxes and no line feeds. Will very much appreciate it if I can get either confirmation that it can't be done or preferrably how to achieve. -- Regards, OssieMac I feel foolish when I have posted a question and the answer comes to me later. Just had to get the code the correct way around. Chr(13) & Chr(10). I had them reversed. -- Regards, OssieMac &q...

1 user cannot get out of office reply to work
I have one user who sets the out of office reply and it does not work. Everyone else on the network works fine. I have set it from the users laptop and also from OWA. Any suggestions? It doesn't work to internal or external recipients both? Is the user using MAPI? Is the user online, with delivery set in the profile to the Inbox instead of a PST? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "b" <b@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AFF041F-26F4-43A2-88AD-B949D72BBADB@microsoft.com... >I have one user w...

how to get the toolbar name / ID on the leads form
Hi, I would like to disable the "ConvertLead" button on leads details toolbar... can anyone please tell me what is the toolbar and button ids / names. so that I can set the disable property and disable the button. Thanks in advance... Prasad This is not supported in v1.2 out of the box. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Prasad" wrote: > Hi, > I would like to disable the "ConvertLead" button on leads details > toolbar... can anyone please tell me what is the toolbar and button ids / > names. so that I can set the disable prop...

Form Fields
I am creating a data entry form that contains 2 controls: one is a combo box and the other is a list box. I am populating the control box using the .AddItem method (property?) during the Form.Initialize Event and have successfully accomplished this. The list box is intended to be a dynamic list based on whichever choice is selected in the ComboBox. All the data is listed in 2 rows of a single worksheet - PartsList!A:B. Column A contains the Customer Name which would correspond with the value selected in the Combobox and Column B contains the Part Number. I know I could programmical...

Problems removing Form/Subform link using LinkMasterFields
Hi, I'm trying to remove a link between a form and a subform using the following code: Me!subform.LinkMasterFields = "" Me!subform.LinkChildFields = "" The result is the error code: You canceled the previous operation (run- time error 2001). Don't know what is wrong. I also tried: Me!subform.LinkMasterFields = Null Me!subform.LinkChildFields = Null but that gave me a different error message. FYI, I have access 2003. Thanks, Daniel ...

Outlook Shortcuts Not working
Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks Rog "Hi All, This one might just be an easy one for you guys. I have a fresh install of Outlook and the only way I can start it is by going to start --> Run --> Outlook. If I use any shortcuts or even doubleclick the outlook.exe file nothing happens Any help would be appreciated Tks" ...

Access 2007 Runtime Error 3075
I'm really confused. I have two databases which use similar code to build a select statement. One has been working (DB1), the other has not(DB2). As I was debugging DB2, I brought up DB1 to compare the VB code. Suddenly DB1 started showing the same error. I tried DB1 on another computer and it still works fine there. The database resides on a network server so I am testing the same code. The error message is : Run-time error 3075 Syntax error in date in query expression '[SR Number]='09-0035' AND [Date] BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND #_/_/_'. The code looks lik...

saving a word document in a runtime path and in a special path
Hi everybody, I have a code that reads some numbers from a file, make a bar chart based on them and save the chart in a word document. my problem is it asks the user to save the file in his/her chosen path. whereas I need it to save the document in a word document whose name is provided in a txt file. Somebody sent me this code and I modified to to some extent. I have tried to use saveas() instead of save() but couldn't set the variables appropiately because they must be of type VARIANT * which I haven't come across with before. So, my desirable file was not created. could you please h...

error sending mail
i am trying to help a friend set up a new email account on windows live mail. He was previously using outlook express. We installed and started windows live mail and everything seemed to import and work as normal - (ie his one other account installed as did all saved e-mails etc.) We can send mail from this account. i set up a new account for him on windows live mail (connecting to an existing mail server) and all the emails in all the folders downloaded correctly and properly. However, i cannot send mail through this new account, it gives an error message (see below) and ...

send receive not working consistently under 2003
I am in and a number of users are having problems using Outlook 2003 send/receive. The outlook client is running the latest service packs. When employees hit send/receive/F9 it does not always send/receive all the folders setup for send receive. The employee has to go to the individual folder and hit shitft F9 and that individual folder will send/receive. This happens when employees run in disconnected mode. Has anyone seen this or know how to get send/receive to work properly? Thanks ...

how to jump from form to related record in table
I am trying to deal with the limits on updating fields in queries. So, in a form that shows data re orders waiting to be shipped, I'd like to be able to doubleclick on the order_ID number field (let's say order # 02975) and have that cause a related form or table to open at record number 02975. Then, I can directly edit the data that needs editing. Using Access 2000 "Macro builder" and the On Dbl Click event, I have been able to get a desired form to open and have the focus, but I cannot get the related record to be selected. (I'd prefer selected to filtered.) I am ho...

MDE in A2003, A2007
My client distributes our Access (2003 format) application to his users as an MDE. Thus far, there has been no problem making the MDE on the (2003) development machine - it would run fine on a 2007 machine. Now, however, we've added a reference to another MDE (also created in 2003). Now, if we make an MDE in 2003, it won't run on the 2007 machine. However, if we make the MDE on the 2007 machine, it runs ok (from a trusted location). It would be a whole lot simpler for us if we could distribute a single version (instead of separate MDEs for 2003 and 2007) - an...

Using Windows Media Player activex control in an MS Access form
I have added a Windows Media Player activex control in an MS Access form and I want to play a video file when I click on an command button. The file to be played is that of the content of a field on that form. For example, if field A contains the text c:\test video1.iso and I click the command button, then play video c:\test video1.iso. If this value changes to another vodeo file name, then play that file. I can't find how to set the URL of the windows media activex control to read a field on a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. ...

tab control on form
In a form in which i have restricted access to a tab, users need to enter a password to enter. This works fine (this code and put it into the "onchange" section of the tab). But what i can't figure out is how to make a password for this. I am still learning in access and would appreciate any help on how to do this. (code example is listed) Private Sub TabCtl20_Change() Dim strInput As String Dim ctl As Control ' Hide controls on tab until correct password is entered For Each ctl In Controls If ctl.Tag = "*" Then ctl.Visible = ...

How Does the HR Accrual Process Work in R9?
Is there any documentation on how the Accrue Attendance process works in R9? ...

outlook does not work
HAllo. I have the outlook software in my com since 2 years ago and now I am just starting to use this software. 1st I wanted the try the calendar but when I want to type in an appointment, the office asistant print out a message saying: Could not save item. The messaging interface has return an unknown error. If problem persist, restart outlook. I have restarted and also reinstalled. The problem is still there. Not only happened for calendar, even for email, task,notes. does anyone know why? Corrupt mail profile? corrupt pst? "Javier" <Javier@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Cannot protect form
I have a form that I have created. I am ready to protect it, but "Yes, start enforcing protection" is greyed out. What might be wrong? Thanks! Sorry, accitentally posted in wrong area. "Kila" wrote: > I have a form that I have created. I am ready to protect it, but "Yes, start > enforcing protection" is greyed out. What might be wrong? Thanks! Could you clarify what you're doing? Outlook has no command like that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Admini...

Rules not working after org rename
We are upgrading from exchange 5.5 to 2k3. As a part of that we needed to change the Org name to get rid of invalid characters. After the rename rules don't work. We're now up and running on 2k3, but rules still don't work. Does anyone have any idea's on twhat to try to get rules working again? "Phil Lawson" <PhilLawson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are upgrading from exchange 5.5 to 2k3. As a part of that we needed to >change the Org name to get rid of invalid characters. After the rename rules >don't work. We're now up ...

double click not working
Hello people! I have a problem with a double click event: Basically the following code works to start one of two macros (according to which cell I double click) Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _ Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Dim dcCell As Range If Target.Value > 0 Then Cancel = True Else: Exit Sub End If If Target.Column = 1 Then Call POtoContract(dcCell:=Target) Else If Target.Column = 4 Then Call copytableline(cyCell:=Target) End If End If End Sub Now at one point in the "called" macro the user is asked to input a name, if he spe...

Timmings of Store operation
We are supermarket chain and our retail working hours are from 8.00 am in to 1.00 am (19 or 20 hrs Dialy ofcourse with Staff shifts) in Middle east we have actually altered Date & time properties by 3 hrs so that it would reflect as single day . But doing so is causing lot of issues with customers getting a bill with a time difference of 3hrs(inspite of mentioning in footer of Recipt) & we have experiencing discrepancy in zz reports between SO & HQ Is there any option in MRMS 1.3 version where we can define Morning 8.00 am to Midnight 2.00 am as single day. thanks in adv...