Adding timer to text box

I have a subform where I am calculating time difference between current time
and the last update. I have a text box txtTimeDiff with control source
=ElapsedTimeString([Last Update],Now())

Is it possible to add timer so this text box and time difference can be
updated every second?

Here is ElapsedTimeString function
Public Function ElapsedTimeString(Date1 As Date, _
                                  Date2 As Date) _
                                  As String

  Dim interval As Double, str As String, days As Variant
  Dim hours As String, Minutes As String, seconds As String

  If IsNull(Date1) = True Or _
    IsNull(Date2) = True Then Exit Function

  interval = Date2 - Date1
  days = Fix(CSng(interval))
  hours = Format(interval, "h")
  Minutes = Format(interval, "n")
  seconds = Format(interval, "s")

' Hours part of the string
  str = str & IIf(hours = "0", "", _
    IIf(hours = "1", hours & " Hour", hours & " Hours"))
  str = str & IIf(hours = "0", "", _
    IIf(Minutes & seconds <> "00", ", ", " "))

' Minutes part of the string
  str = str & IIf(Minutes = "0", "", _
    IIf(Minutes = "1", Minutes & " Minute", _
                  Minutes & " Minutes"))

 str = str & IIf(Minutes = "0", "", _
            IIf(seconds <> "0", ", ", " "))

'Seconds part of the string
  str = str & IIf(seconds = "0", "", _
    IIf(seconds = "1", seconds & " Second", _
        seconds & " Seconds"))

If seconds > 30 Then Minutes = Minutes + 1
If Minutes > 59 Then hours = hours + 1: Minutes = 0

ElapsedTimeString = IIf(str = "", "0", str)

End Function

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 18:59:00 -0700, Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to add timer so this text box and time difference can be
>updated every second?

Not to the textbox, but you can use the Form's Timer event. Set the form's
Timer property to 1000 (milliseconds, to fire the event once a second) and its
On Timer event to code which sets the value of the textbox to your function.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Text to Column #4
Hello, I have the following text in column A, which is one line: :! 10428712 ! NAME LASTNAME ! 20092004 ! 00458921 ! PMIAVW ! Is it possible with a VBA macro to create a column everytime there's "!" and to delete ":" Thanks for any help, You're going to have to find out what those characters are. I like Chip Pearson's addin: CellView http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm to tell me those funny characters. Then you could use a macro to clean them up: Option Explicit Sub cleanEmUp() Dim myBadChars As Variant Dim iCtr As Lon...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

Save as Msg box
I have the follwowing to save as a form: Sub SaveAs() ' ChDir "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" Do fName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename Loop Until fName <> False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fName, FileFormat:=xlNormal End Sub Problems: 1. It doesn't go to the directory that I have above: "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" 2. I want to enter a message box that confirms that yes they want to save after they have entered the name in the save as box. In the Excel hlp I was just ...

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

adding new records

Size e-mail box
SSBmb3JnZXQuLiB3aGVyZSBpbiBFeGNoYW5nZSAyMDAwIEkgY2FuIGNoYW5nZSBkZWZhdWx0IHNl dHRpbmcgb2YgIGVtYWlsIGJveCBzaXplID8/Pw0KDQpTa2FsYQ== Skala wrote: > I forget.. where in Exchange 2000 I can change default setting of > email box size ??? If you're going to change it for a single AD user then this is done by taking Properties of the user in Active Directory Users and Computers MMC > Exchange General tab > Storage Limits. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org "Skala" <skala12345.tnij.@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >I forget.. where in Exchan...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages.
How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages. -- "J. J." JDJ <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote: > How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in > incoming HTML messages. I would think that the sender controls the text size for incoming HTML messages. -- Brian Tillman On the View Drop Down of an open message window there is a Text Size menu bar which when you mouse on it gives you 5 choices. I just want it to default to largest so I don't have to go through that with each new message I read. ...

Adding alternate columns

Special Text...
How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? Thanks, RAB_Missouri left Alt + 0174 � Otherwise, help us help you, state the meanings of "create" and "text". "RAB_Missouri" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c9aa6a3f.0406021701.3bd1bf9d@posting.google.com... > How do I create the Registered symbol (R with a circle around it), within my text? > > Thanks, > RAB_Missouri � Alt+0174 if you enter via kbd Look at Programs/Accessories/SystemTools/CharacterMap (if u have it installed) ...

Text area rendering
I have a word template email that I have created in Word 2000 that contains a text area (white box with scroll bar to enter text into). When I send this all service providers have no problems rendering it and allowing the user to add information to the box when they reply to the message. The only issue I'm having is with Outlook 2000, and it just started today. When I choose reply in the email with the text area and double click on the text area, it moves the cursor inside of the text box like it should. Now, in the past (5 days ago) and with online providers I can then type into the box. ...

TEXT(date)?
As you know, the function =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") produces a date from its corresponding text representation. I want to go the OTHER way. That is, I want to take a date and produce its text representation (I'll settle for any reasonable format). How might I go about doing that? Thanks, John Your answer is in your question!! try: =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy") or any other reasonable date-style format -- Gary's Student "JMF" wrote: > As you know, the function > > =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") > > produces a date from its corr...

Adding fields from a different query

Reposition comment boxes in 2000
With Excel 2000, is it possible to reposition comment boxes? I know I can drag them whilsediting, but that only affects where they appear during editing. Can I change the position they are displayed when I just hover over the cell? ...

Change default font for text boxes in Publisher
Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft Publisher fo all publications? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JennyN" <JennyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C7AFC-F92D-419F-B49E-DA5B444956E1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft...

Updating data in a dropdown box
I have a form with dropdown boxes. If the data is not in the list I have a button to go to the client table to add the new client and then return to the original form. When I click the dropdown box the client that was added is not in the list. If I advance to a new record and then back the name then shows up. How can I have the current list display? Thanks for any help you can give me. ...