Adding in data based on dates

If I have a historical file in access, and then I recieve a file every week
that has the past 17 days. Is there a way to get access to merge JUST the
past days that are not included in the history.

So you have a report that is from 2/7/05 through 2/7/08. I recieve a report
for 1/28/08 through 2/14/08. I want to just add on the 2/8/08 through 2/14/08
data. Is that possible?

How can I do this?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Schwimms,
    You should be able to determine the latest date in your History table.
        DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory")
    Then filter your import with a Date criteria of ...
        ImportDate > DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory")
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Schwimms" <Schwimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have a historical file in access, and then I recieve a file every
> week
> that has the past 17 days. Is there a way to get access to merge JUST the
> past days that are not included in the history.
>
> So you have a report that is from 2/7/05 through 2/7/08. I recieve a
> report
> for 1/28/08 through 2/14/08. I want to just add on the 2/8/08 through
> 2/14/08
> data. Is that possible?
>
> How can I do this?

0
Al
2/15/2008 6:11:02 PM
That looks like a macro? I am not proficient in access, can you explain the
steps?

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Schwimms,
>     You should be able to determine the latest date in your History table.
>         DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory")
>     Then filter your import with a Date criteria of ...
>         ImportDate > DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory")
> --
>     hth
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP
>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Schwimms" <Schwimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I have a historical file in access, and then I recieve a file every
> > week
> > that has the past 17 days. Is there a way to get access to merge JUST the
> > past days that are not included in the history.
> >
> > So you have a report that is from 2/7/05 through 2/7/08. I recieve a
> > report
> > for 1/28/08 through 2/14/08. I want to just add on the 2/8/08 through
> > 2/14/08
> > data. Is that possible?
> >
> > How can I do this?

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:57:02 -0800, Schwimms
<Schwimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If I have a historical file in access, and then I recieve a file every week
>that has the past 17 days. Is there a way to get access to merge JUST the
>past days that are not included in the history.
>
>So you have a report that is from 2/7/05 through 2/7/08. I recieve a report
>for 1/28/08 through 2/14/08. I want to just add on the 2/8/08 through 2/14/08
>data. Is that possible?
>
>How can I do this?

In what form do you get this file, and how do you merge it? A Query is going
to be your best bet, but to give a detailed step by step I'll need to know how
you're getting the data (and tablenames and the name of the date field if
possible).
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
   > DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory")
would be the criteria that you would apply against the Date field in
tblImport, to only append records with a date greater than that value into
tblMyTable.
--

> That looks like a macro? I am not proficient in access, can you explain
> the
> steps?
>
> "Al Campagna" wrote:
>
>> Schwimms,
>>     You should be able to determine the latest date in your History
>> table.
>>         DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory")
>>     Then filter your import with a Date criteria of ...
>>         ImportDate > DMax("[HistoryDate]", "tblHistory")
>> --
>>     hth
>>     Al Campagna
>>     Microsoft Access MVP
>>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>>
>>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your
>> life."
>>
>> "Schwimms" <Schwimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I have a historical file in access, and then I recieve a file every
>> > week
>> > that has the past 17 days. Is there a way to get access to merge JUST
>> > the
>> > past days that are not included in the history.
>> >
>> > So you have a report that is from 2/7/05 through 2/7/08. I recieve a
>> > report
>> > for 1/28/08 through 2/14/08. I want to just add on the 2/8/08 through
>> > 2/14/08
>> > data. Is that possible?
>> >
>> > How can I do this?

0
Al

AD Replication and availability
Hi, I have installed two servers, in two different sites. One server is the domain controller and the other is a read only domain controller. I was just wondering, how i could set up when the two servers replicate and also when the server is available e.g. Tuesday and Thursday 12 - 4 pm. Also, how to install a printer or save a folder on the read only server? -- Sem3421 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sem3421's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/185214.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-director...

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

Passing data from one form to another

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

Help ! formatting data to text

Hot Dates
Hi, I have a Year-at-a-Glance worksheet into which users enter important dates and associated actions to be taken. I now want to use Conditional Formatting to highlight specific entries in the worksheet when their date matches today's date. The problem I have is that I need to convert data from three independent cells into a date to compare it with 'TODAY()'. The first cell (formatted as a number) carries the day, e.g. 2, 17, 23, etc. The second cell (formatted as General) carries the month, e.g. January, March, September, etc. The third cell (formatted as a num...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Autoenrollment errors after adding SSL certificate
Hello, I'm running an all Windows 2003 domain with an exchange server which is setup so that Outlook web access is using SSL which required that I installed a certificate. Ever since I've set up exchange to use this certificate I receive the following errors in the Application log for both my Domain Controllers (both also Windows Server 2003) which occurs every 8 hours. Both Domain Controllers show the following errors in the Application Log Source: AutoEnrollment Type: Error User: N/A Computer: DomainController1 or 2 Event ID: 13 Description: Automatic certificate enrollment for loc...

Adding up negative numbers only
Ok, let me try to explain this problem. I have several cells a1 throug a10. Each cell has a number, for ex. $10.00, ($5.00),etc. , sometime this number is positive, sometimes it is negative. I want to only ad all of the negative numbers in cells a1:a10 and put a total in cel a11. How can I do this? Thanks Ton -- tonydep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tonydepo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26928 =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0&quo...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

trouble adding addins
in excell 2003 under windows 7 on a new computer, when I open the addin box and check the two analysis tool pak addins and click on OK. Then go back in they are unchecked. What do I need to do to get them to stay checked? -- CroceJC ...

zz report date truncation
We run only z reports at end of day. We will be running cashier shifts soon and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended. Is there any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper? Thanks in advance! This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off your printer before 'printing' the zz report. Then manually delete all print tasks for that printer before turning it back on. The report won't print, but RMS will think it did. "TV hardwa...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Insert Static Date as part of Macro
I've built a nice macro, but I want it to insert the date it is run in an empty cell within the macro's range. When working within a spreadsheet, Ctrl +; returns the system date, but I can't figure out how to put that command into a macro. The macro recorder editor shows that the system recognizes the entry as the current date, not a function that returns the current date. The now() or today() functions are both dynamic ... they change with the system date. That's not acceptable in this situation. I need to seen when the macro was run. Thanks for any help, Ralph di...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

Showing the perimeter of a set of (X,Y) data!
Good day all, I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data. I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found. Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they both cover the same surface of existence. i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ? Thank you I think the easiest way to do this is plot the data on a XY Scatter cha...

Import excel data to outlook calendar
I have found lots of tips to import excel data to the address book, etc, but can't find how to "custom map" or how to import data from an excel spreadsheet into the outlook calendar. Could anyone make any suggestions? Hi Tracy, normally you are in the wrong newsgoup, but I try to help you. - First export the dates from your OL calender to an excel file. - In this file, you can find all the headlines for importing. - If you try to import date, be sure that the headline matches as described before. - Then to the normal job for import in Outlook -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / ...

Registration Entry for External Data Refresh Prompt
Hello, I have several Excel Workbooks with external queries, pivots, etc. I have "ASK TO UPDATE AUTOMATIC LINKS" checked in TOOLS - OPTIONS. But it seems like I still stometimes get asked whether or not I want to update. Particularily I notice when I close the workbook I may get prompted if I want it to automatically update. Is there something I can do so I do not get prompted? Something in the registry perhaps? Thanks for any assistance! ...