Access2007 doesn't like to use ODBCDirect workspace

sorry if this has turned up more than twice.  I thought i reposted but it appears i might not ofHi all,i've noticed that Access2007 doesn't like to use ODBCDirect workspace stuff.We have quite a large App,  about 800 forms etc.  with a SQL Server backend2000 - 2005    tables are ODBC linked.We use the ODBCDirect workspace connection method frequently when we want toexecute SQL code or run a Stored Proc which quite often might return arecordset.But that doesn't work now.So the question i'd like to ask is this,Given all the new Data Access Methods over the last few years, what shouldwe be looking at in order to upgrade our App to run under 2007.we might use code such as    strSQL = "exec some stored procedure"    Set conMain = OpenConnection()        '  this opens a connection againstan ODBCDirect Workspace    conMain.Execute strSQL    conMain.CloseORwe have a procedure that returns a recordset from a temp querydef    SQLScript = "select * from sometable"            'usually not quite thatsimple,  quite often a stored proc that returns records    Set qdf = conMain.CreateQueryDef(, SQLScript)    Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset(dbOpenForwardOnly)    Set rstObject = rstSo we have to consider those 2 scenarios...thanks in advance...
0
SJ
3/4/2007 11:51:26 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Using EAN barcodes
I am using SO 2.0 SP1. I need to setup some products with EAN13 barcode format. We are contemplating to use GS1 registered barcodes. I was wondering if anybody is using EAN barcodes and if there are any "gotchas" I should look out for. I would probably use a 12-digit product number, which would be good enough for our purpose. Or is there any advantage to use a 13-digit number? I also tried to print some EAN13 labels but did not find a template that prints the item code right underneath the barcode, kind of embedded in the barcode. Is that a special template that need to be us...

How do I sort like this?
Arvin (pop. 12,956) Ashland (pop. 20,793) Atascadero (pop. 26,411) Atherton (pop. 7,194) Atwater (pop. 23,113) Auburn (pop. 12,462) August (pop. 7,808) Avenal (pop. 14,674) How can I sort on the number so I get: Atherton (pop. 7,194) August (pop. 7,808) Auburn (pop. 12,462) Arvin (pop. 12,956) Avenal (pop. 14,674) etc............. Regards Mike I think you would need to structure your info into 2 columns City Population a 1000 b 1 and sort on column B as the key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mike Mike" <mm@mitechhostREMOVE.com> w...

I need to go back to using my RR email address in RR
I switched my Road Runner email address to Outlook 2007. I no longer receive my emails at RR. How can I switch my email delivery back to RR? Call Road Runner support -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "jmc112449" <jmc112449@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FCC0D22-6056-4A2C-9BC1-135BD50E4176@microsoft.com... >I switched my Road Runner email address to Outlook 2007. I no longer receive > my emails at RR. ...

How to use Ctrl+Enter in outlook?
I think it's useful but I don't know how to use it.Who will hlp me? "The useful information of outlook" <The useful information of outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBDD662E-8F9B-4F53-B078-506AE4817A3F@microsoft.com... >I think it's useful but I don't know how to use it.Who will hlp me? > 1. Press and hold the Ctrl key. 2. Press and release the Enter key 3. Release the Ctrl key John --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 000775-6, 22/09/2007 Tested on: 9/22/2007 08:51:56 avast! - copyr...

How to use XmlAttributeOverrides
Hi there, I'm trying to use XmlSerializer with overrides to generate xml for a ArrayList that contains objects of a certain type (let's say class A). Class A serializes fine, this is not an issue. The following works fine (the array has an element name ArrayOfAnyType, the containing elements are called anyType): XmlSerializer x = new XmlSerializer(typeof(ArrayList), myTypeArrayContainingA); Now I'm trying XmlAttributeOverrides, so I can control names etc: XmlAttributeOverrides overrides = new XmlAttributeOverrides(); XmlAttributes root = new XmlAttributes(); root.XmlRoot = new ...

Need an unbound GridView-like control
I want to build a page that allows users to add, edit, and delete rows from a table of data. The table needs to include dropdown lists, and should not be bound to a data source. I tried building a custom web control, with all the fields included in a row, but that has persistence problems. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Establishing a connection using RPC Proxy
I have setup Outlook Over HTTPS in the office it is works fine in there and users are able to access their emails remotely; however I have a number of users who have never been into the office and their Outlook does not work. Is there any way that you can establish a connection with the Exchange server and use RPC-HTTPS remotely, at the moment it keeps returning an error message when checking the usernames stating that the Exchange server is unavilable. I have read about sing ISA and Exchange RPC Filter is this the best way and if so how is it configured? Thanks in advance. ...

Date Range using Between AND
Iam creating a Parameter Query using BETWEEN [Begin_date] AND [End Date]. But the End Date is not inclusive in the query result. What am I missing? Please help. Thank you Pon The problem is probably that your Date field contains a time component. If none of your times are exactly midnight then you can use Between [Begin_date] and DateAdd("d",1,[End_Date]) or use the following criteria which doesn't care if the date field ends at midnight. >= [Begin_date] and < DateAdd("d",1,[End_Date]) -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program D...

Outllook cannot go on like to Exchage Server 2003
We have just installed Exchange Server 2003 in Windows 2003 Standard Server. The Installation of Exchange server went ok (had to set-up Windows 2003 as a domain server). However, when we were setting up Outlook for the Exchange Sever connection, it seemed to have made connection and assigned a mailbox, but when we try to send an email locally the message we got was "Exchange Server is off-line" any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Wyatt ...

can't use office 2007 trial / xp
This is related to, but not identical, other posts on this subject. I have an old Dell Latitude D600, with a licensed copy of Office '03 on it. I downloaded a trial for Office Pro '07 and it immediately informed me that it had expired in 2002. Suggestions to others have been to remove all traces of earlier Office trials from the computer--but I obvsly don't want to delete my working copy of Office, which I may well decide to keep. (I'm curious about Office 2007 performance on this old machine.) how to make the trial work? CShea wrote: >This is related to, ...

Using strwhere and Like to filter form
Hi Folks I have a project form where I have a button that when clicked it it opens another form of property addresses filtered to selections made in 3 fields called projectArea1, projectArea2 and projectArea3 which are a selection of different roads. Each project could have 1 road involved or up to 3 roads. The form is based on a query and I am trying to get the criteria field of the Road field on the query to accept the strwhere clause below. I have been trying to use the strwhere and LIKE operator to filter the form to the roads inputted on the projectArea text fields. Dim CaseFrm As St...

install printers using UNC link
We just moved from Outlook97 to Outlook2000 SP3. In 97, I was able to send a UNC link to a printer and users could install the printer from that link. In the new system, I can not do this. Is there a setting that I need to turn this feature on with? ...

Excel charts do not update when using SendKeys
I apologize in advance, because i know there are a lot of similar posts. None, as far as i can tell , have a definitive answer as to how this was fixed. I have written and addin with a number of custom formulas. A client has a spreadsheet that gets data from these formulas, performs simple calculations on it (like determines a percentage) and uses a range of these values to populate a chart. When i recalculate the spreadsheet, all the formulas are recalculated (I use xlc SendKeys CNTRL-ALT-F9) to calculate the data. However the graph/chart is not refreshed. I believe this is an Excel bug be...

How do i get the product of max. price in access2007 query?
in query i want to get product ID with the Max. or Min. price The SQL statement for a query to do that would be SELECT ProductID FROM SomeTable WHERE Price = DMax("Price","SomeTable") OR SELECT TOP 1 ProductID FROM SomeTable ORDER BY Price DESC IF you need something more specific post more details on what you are attempting to do. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County amr wrote: > in query i want to get product ID with the Max. or Min. price ...

Customize Word to Behave Like Outlook
I confess - Word overwhelms me! My native tongue, so to speak, is Excel and I find myself always having to fight Word to get it to let me enter text and make it look like I want it to. On the other hand, by necessity, I've gotten marginaly proficient with using Outlook 2007 - at least it doesn't fight me as much. Now for the question - is it possible to 'dumb down' Word 2007 by some set of customizations to the level of Outlook 2007 (set for messages in HTML format)? Has anyone actually done this or have any ideas for good search terms to find references to ...

Using Validation list from other sheet
I am trying to get a validation list from another sheet in the same file, is this possible?. Thanks Fernando Yes, but you need to name the range (insert<name>define) then instead of =Sheetx!A2:A3 refer to the name i.e =MyList -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Fgomez" <fernangoca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:eLpo6lbHFHA.1500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a validation list from another sheet in the same file, is > this possible?. > > Thanks > > Fernando > > Thanks Peo "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in...

Using 2001 but...
I'm still using Microsoft Money 2001 for my checkbook and don't need a lot of bells and whistles, so it's been fine so far. But one thing I'd like to have, is to have it backup to my hard drive when I hit ctrl-S for save. Can any future versions do that? See info copied from Money 2001 Help below, CTRL+S is used to Split a transaction. Keyboard Shortcut for backup to hard drive is..... Alt, then F, then B, then down arrow, then Enter. You will notice each item on the menu bar has one underlined letter. By pressing Alt then that underlined letter will cause it's me...

Create an SMTP connector that uses authentication to 'smart host'
Let me just say this right out of the box; there's a lot of things in 2003 that seem to really suck compared to 2000. I just spent hours trying to delete all messages in the outbound smtp queue because there is no longer an option to just click on the 'queue' folder and select 'delete all', you have to go domain by domain searching for files and deleting them individually etc. LAME. I finally figured out a way to make them all end up in the same location so that if someone sends another 3 meg email to a thousand people, I can get them all in one shot, but I can't use it...

Opening a file using wildcard characters
When I try opening a file, I get We moved from Windows NT to Windows 2000. When I try using *.* as filename when trying to open a file, I get the error: 'You do not have access to the folder' error. Never happened on NT. Does not happen when I use Excel 2000. I have Excel 97, SR2 alongwith Windows 2000. ...

How do create a basic line chart using Excel?
I am trying to create a basic 2 dimensional line chart using the following data: X-axis Y-axis DATA DATA "Rating" "Time" "Rating" "Time" 5 02:00.0 5 02:00.0 4 02:04.7 5 02:08.6 3 02:09.5 4 02:17.2 2 02:14.2 4 02:19.1 1 02:18.9 4 02:28.0 02:23.7 4 02:28.2 02:28.4 4 02:29.2 02:33.2 4 02:33.1 02:37.9 3 02:36.9 02:42.6 3 02:41.2 02:47.4 3 02:42.1 02:52.1 3 02:44.2 02:56.8 3 02:48.8 03:01.6 3 02:48.9 03:06.3 3 02:50.6 03:11.1 3 03:00.2 03:15.8 3 03:02.9 03:20.5 3 03:04.9 03:25.3 3 03:05.7 03:30.0 ...

Can Excel merge like this?
This code below reads 2 files and figures out that B2 in one file may or may not match something in column CN in the other file. I don't really understand how it works - some kind person here gave me the code. If the macro finds a match it flags it by entering text 8 columns away from Column CN. My problem is it only does this for one match. If mutiple records match only one is flagged and the others get no flag. Can someone tel me how to make it flag ALL records that match? It would make a nice Christmas present for me. Thanks Sub MergeIt(File1, File2) For Each strname In Workbooks(Fi...

Access2007 image issue
I created a new access2007 accdb and imported the forms, queries, modules etc... from an existing accdb. Everything looks fine except some images on buttons got screwed up. Before screenshot: http://www.rptsoftware.com/bug/before.jpg After screenshot: http://www.rptsoftware.com/bug/after.jpg see the export to excel, report, email, letter and filter buttons and how the images got changed. Has anyone seen this before? Know how I can prevent it? I like to do this process fairly often to guard against corruption. I used bmp files for the images when I originally embedde...

Top 10-What do you LIKE about Money 2004?
Ok, maybe it's the season, but I have some things I DO like about MS Money 2004... 1. No more "Operation cannot be performed" message 2. Free TaxCut E-Filing-I use Taxcut, so Why not? 3. Free one year Credit Reporting. After buying a home, this is good info. 4. Able to track my mortgage correctly (So Far) 5. I've figured out all the quirks in BUDGET and have learned to work around most of them 6. I learned to NOT use the Debt Reduction module. Great idea, hope they get it right! 7. I really like the Money interface. Quicken is too confusing-I like the customizati...

Making a "Cheque" by using report.
I have a data base storing: -Date -Client -Buy_Currency -Buy_Amount -Sell_Currency -Sell_Amount -Remark ----------------------- I'd like to produce cheques by using reports. so i'll have arrange the format first right ? I'd like to have one page per transaction, what can i do to achieve my object ? Thanks a lot, dear experts! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Unless your description is incomplete, you'll have to redesign your database first. You need a unique field so that you can group your cheque details. Date isn't suitable, you may write more than one cheque ...

Outlook 2000 Selecting a user profile to use when Outlook starts
I am able to do this using Outlook 2003 (see http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx? AssetID=HP052423751033&CTT=4&Origin=CH063565691033) but can it be done with 2000 WITHOUT setting up a new computer user? Right now Outlook 2000 brings both my email account into the same inbox. What I want Outlook 2000 to do when it opens is to first ask me which profile I want to load. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find a solution other than creating another User on my computer and then signing on as them. This is a hassle though because I have to keep changi...