Access2000: An error when any event does exist

Hi

I started with a new project after some days not using acces, and something
very weird happened. I got an error: "The expression On Open you entered as
the Event Property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred
while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX
Control"

At start I suspected that some control on form was cause (an unbound form),
but I deleted all controls from form, and the error message pops up whenever
I create any event which fires when form is opened (OnOpen, OnCurrent, etc.)
(My OS is WindowsXP, antivirus is F-Secure)

Can someone explain me, what is happening? Thanks in advance!

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

0
Arvi
8/3/2007 11:58:31 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

hi Arvi,

Arvi Laanemets wrote:
> I got an error: "The expression On Open you entered as
> the Event Property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred
> while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX
> Control"

> Can someone explain me, what is happening? Thanks in advance!
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295824
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q207692/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841413

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
8/3/2007 2:17:51 PM
Hi

"Stefan Hoffmann" <stefan.hoffmann@explido.de> wrote in message
> hi Arvi,
>
> Arvi Laanemets wrote:
>> I got an error: "The expression On Open you entered as the Event Property
>> setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft
>> Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control"
>
>> Can someone explain me, what is happening? Thanks in advance!
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295824

This is the link I myself did find too with google.

But:
I didn't have any MS Word document linked/embedded. Really I did finally
have a single simple unbound Access  form (Create form in design View, and
then save), without any controls on it. (At start I did have an unbound
combo-box and an continious subform, but I deleted them later and did ran
CompactAnd Repair after that.) When I created p.e. an Open event, without
any code except declaring the event, and after that tried to switch to View
mode, the error was returned, and the form remained in design View. When the
event was deleted, the form opened normally.

And I don't have Norton Antivirus on my computer.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q207692/

as the form is inbound, there doesn't exist any RowSource object. And there
wern't any obects on form - not even Access ones.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841413

No problems with database window

Arvi Laanemets

0
Arvi
8/3/2007 7:29:55 PM
hi Arvi,

Have you installed the latest service packs (OS, Office, Jet/MDAC)? Try

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
8/6/2007 9:02:46 AM
Hi

It looks like this was a problem originated to database creation. I created
a new database, and there was all OK.

--

"Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I started with a new project after some days not using acces, and
> something very weird happened. I got an error: "The expression On Open you
> entered as the Event Property setting produced the following error: A
> problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE
> server or ActiveX Control"
>
> At start I suspected that some control on form was cause (an unbound
> form), but I deleted all controls from form, and the error message pops up
> whenever I create any event which fires when form is opened (OnOpen,
> OnCurrent, etc.)
> (My OS is WindowsXP, antivirus is F-Secure)
>
> Can someone explain me, what is happening? Thanks in advance!
>

> --
> Arvi Laanemets
> ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

0
Arvi

Import Customizations Error
Hi All, I tried to import Customizations but I got an error as following: "This attribute map is invalid. The selected attributes should be of the same type. The length of the source attribute and the formats should match. The targe attribute should not be used in another mapping". Therefore, my import wasn't get through. Anyone has any ideas, please let me know and I'd appreciate it. Thanks That error indicates a relationship map you are creating in your import file is not valid for one of several reasons: 1. You are trying to map a field of one type to a differe...

Error 0x800ccc0d
I know there have been many posts about this error but I cannot find any that solve my problem. Been looking for hours now and I am getting most frustrated. I am running Office Mail as a mail server on a Win98se PC. I use Outlook 98 to send/collect mail from a client PC (also running Win98se). I can send and collect mail without any problem at all - until I have to reboot that client PC (for whatever reason). I then get the following error: The server could not be found. (Account 'account name', POP3 Server: 'Servername', Error number: 0x800ccc0d). I can browse each PC witho...

KB979099 gets 0x643 error
When I do the windows update, KB979099 errors out with error 0x643. Please include what Operating System and Service Pack level are you using?, and perhaps what other antivirus or antimalware software you may have installed, Security suite and firewall, etc. etc. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 <http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/threads> On the web: WSUS General <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services> In your newsreader: news://msnew...

log events in the event log
I want to be able to track when a user connects to their mailbox. I have someone who is trying to connect to other mailboxes and I want this to be log in the event log. I would like to show the user name and the mailbox they tried to connect to in the same event. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help... Question for you...Does this person who is attempting to connect to the mailboxes have full exchange administrator rights on the Exchange Org? If so, you may want to refer to a previous post as this same question was asked and then answered. Jermaine "faf19...

Error accessing reports after RS2000 to SSRS2005 SP1 migration
I have just migrated RS2000 to SSRS2005 SP1. I restored the RS databases into new SS2005/RS2005 Instances, I also set up custom Application pools and new Reports and ReportServer sub-webs. I can open/browse the contents of the new subwebs, ane everything looks fine. Now when I access the CRM 3.0 web interface & click on Reports in CRM Workplace I get a message "ERROR- An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator." What steps are needed to make CRM 3.0 compatible with SS2005 & SSRS2005 regards Graham Try to activate the debug mode of the web ap...

Update Links Error...
When I open a workbook Im alerted that the file needs to be updated. When I click on "-Update-" and then "-Edit Links-". Im told the Source Type, Update, and Status, the Source = -Name of Worksheet-, Type Worksheet, Update = A, Status = Error, Source not found. My question is i found where the error was and have cleared it of al issues. when I save and close the file and reopen it, I am told ye again about an update issue. I've gone through the whole workbook an can not find any issues that it says I have. How can I fix this? Thank -- HoseHead7 --------------------...

Outlook 2002 error the mail folder could not be opened
I recieved an error meassage when importing a mail folder from outlook express 6 to outlook 2002. "The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file lease close it and try again." ANy suggestions I guess you made sure Outlook Express was not opened and trying to view / access emails in that folder, correct? Try it again, making sure outlook express is closed and it's not hung in the task manager... Actually better still do a export from Outlook Express, it's better this way, you get to keep the original dates of received on the email...

Detect and Repair Outlook Profressional 2003 errors?
Hi Guys, Hv a problem here, can anyone here help me to solve this problem, please? I click on the detect and repair in my Outlook Professional Edition 2003, it's started the process of detect and repair until in the middle process it stops. The error message wrote "Microsoft office Professional Edition 2003 Setup failed" , How do I fix this? ...

relay error
hi guy's, hopefully you can give me some ideas where to look for this. the below message was received yesterday from one of the servers that we regularly email and support, this is the first time this has happened and no other domain is having problems sending email to this server. these are external emails from one business to another. I have tested my server can send emails ok and the domain is not on any blacklists. Server is a windows 2003 Small Business Server with all current service packs and patches. message: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's em...

Charting timed events throughout a month
I thought I had a simple task to perform for work. Then, I trie charting it in Excel and have not had any luck. I need to take some simple data and for each day of the month, I nee to chart some usage times (24 hour clock). What we want to identify i where simultaneous instances occured. Example data: Date Start Time Stop Time 11/1/03 09:03 09:53 11/1/03 10:21 10:25 11/1/03 10:23 10:54 11/1/03 14:56 15:31 11/1/03 15:17 15:49 I've no clue how to set this up. I thought I mig...

FRX
once i login into FRX i get an error "Subscript out of range" Still am able to continue, ignoring the error, but when i try generate any report, the same error pops up again. screen shot is given. Any help ??? thanks. http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frxerrorwg9.jpg ...

Error : fatal error C1045: compiler limit,
Hi, When I am building a file i'm getting the following error on Visual C++ 6.0 compiler. fatal error C1045: compiler limit : linkage specifications nested too deeply Can anyone help me on this regard? Thanks & Regards, Pearl Without knowing anything about your program, it is hard to guess why you are getting this message. One possibility is that you have a syntax error that is causing externs appear to be nested, thus leading to a secondary error C1045. Unfortunately, there appears to be no actual definition of what a 'nested extern' really is. joe On 28 Jun 2005 0...

Infreqent error posting SOAP message ( 0x800A1518 )
I am getting occasional errors when invoking calls on the low level API of the SOAP library (3.0 Toolkit). The HRESULT code is always 0x800A1518. The _com_error Description is "Connector:Http error while parsing server's response. HRESULT=0x800A1526 - Connector:Unspecified HTTP error. HRESULT=0x800A1518". The _com_error ErrorMessage is "Unknown error 0x800A1518". The specific method that I am noticing the error on is with EndMessage( ) of an HttpConnector30 object. The second or third attempt at repeating just the EndMessage method will frequently be succes...

Order Management Error
Hi All! We are testing if we can use BP3 for our customers to enter their orders, everything goes well until the point when we click the Check Out button to complete the order, then we get an error, "The order cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.", then when we look at Event viewer to see the details, there's "The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using EnterpriseSession.Initialize()." on the description. Any ideas on how to get around this issue? Zama, Can you confirm the event is directly related to clicking the "Check Out&...

Set accNewRecord from on close event?
I know this must be easy but, I’m stumped. I want to do the following things when a pop up form (thePopUp) is closed… Requery a different sub form (theSubForm) that will be open when thePopUp is open(got that figured out) Set the focus of that same sub form to a new record row So my On Close event of the pop up looks like this: Private Sub ThePopUp_Close () ‘This works… Forms!theMainform!theSubForm.Requery ‘Here is where I’m having the problem… ‘This blows up… DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, Forms!theMainform!theSubFormControl.SourceObject, acNewRec End Sub Any assistance is apprec...

General question re Error Handling
hello experts This is just a general question for my own education. I've dabbled in a fair amount of Access VBA in the past, but have just started learning about Excel VBA. In Access, we would use Error Handling in almost every sub, but In Excel, error Handling seems to be the exception rather than the rule. I can't even find much about it in the Excel VBA help, and there are relatively few references to it in this forum. What gives? Just Curious Terry W. Terry, I use it all the time. My favorite approach is: Public Const bDebug as boolean = true or false (de...

Access2000: Which Events?
Hi I have a multi-page form (fmAssets) with a subform sfTransactions based on continous form fmTransactions on one page. All transactions have a TransactionDate field, which is unique for given asset, i.e. only 1 transaction on given day for given asset is allowed. On form fmAsset are some controls, which do contain the current (i.e. today's) value of some transaction field - always the latest transaction is the valid one. What I need, ist to recalculate those controls, whenever on subform sfTransactions a new transaction is entered, some existing transaction is changed, or an exis...

Function sequence error when attempting to write about 32K to varBinary(max)
This occurs in a Native Client application on either SQL Server 2005 or 2008. Does the data have to be written in chunks or am I binding the column incorrectly. I've been looking for examples in the MS doc online, but it is very sketchy. On Jan 14, 3:52=A0pm, Jim Thompson <jimsthomp...@gmail.com> wrote: > This occurs in a Native Client application on either SQL Server 2005 > or 2008. > > Does the data have to be written in chunks or am I binding the column > incorrectly. > > I've been looking for examples in the MS doc online, but it is ve...

Word Error in Document
I am working within a word document and attempting to PASTE text within the document and receive the following error: There are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work. I have NEVER seen this error before! How do I proceed? ...

Existing AD domain (server 2008) want to bring in SBS 2008
Hi, As above. SBS would be on new hardware with the existing box being a member server. I would like to change the domain name though as it has been set at a .co.uk which causes all sorts of issues. I'm going to go googling, but if anyone has any advice is is appreciated. Thanks Simon This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E1_01CA9AA2.353CD8C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You want to change the domain name on the SBS box or the member server? --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS...

Outlook 2000 runtime error
I am trying to run Outlook/2000 under a new XP system. The first time I start Outlook after logging on, I get a MX Visual C++ runtime library error looking for outlook.exe. The second time I start Outlook, it runs fine. The Dell Support line told me that I had to reinstall XP to solve the problem but couldn't explain why that would help. It appears that something is generating a Outlook.exe module in Windows\prefetch. When I rename that module, I seem to get one "free" successful first start after logon. If I log off and then logon a second time, the problem reoccur...

Outlook 2003 error.....
this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. This error occurs when I double click on a hyper link embedded in an email. Prior to the service pack for office 2003 I did not have any problems. I do have the latest service pack for Office 2003 and all other software is currently up to date. This error started after I installed the latest service pack for office 2003. I do run Norton Internet Security and Systemworks 2004. I currently do not have XP internet firewall enabled. I have tried it with and without off and on and to no avail. I do have SBC DSL with 2Wire gatew...

Different version error using vista
I am getting the following error: "A prodauct on your computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue." I tried to look for this log on the local but am unable to find it. I spoke to a rep from Dynamics and the said it is compatible with VISTA. it installed great but now I am getting this error. I had the same thing. You should be able to find the log file, however. Another approach is to go to a wor...

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

What error in my steps?
Hello all: I create a diglog using vc,and add some the control edit.and now I want to use the class CRecordset,and I do that:ClassWizard=>Add Class=>New,and write CAbc in Name,select CRecordset in Base class,and press OK,and select a ODBC(I have already created a ODBC),and select a table,finally I press OK,but it always display: Unable to open the files(abc.h,abc.cpp) for class "CAbc", I want to know what error in my steps.thanks. Soory: I add this sentence to the file stdafx.h: #include <stddb.h> but it display the error.How to solve? "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pu...