Access to Word or Excel

I have an Access 2003 database that I built.  I'ts very basic; it's a single
table with two columns as a primary key (to prevent duplicates), one data
entry form and 5 or 6 reports.  I discovered that the organization that I
built this for doesn't have Access, only Word, Excel, Powerpoint and
Publisher.

Can anyone point me to a sample or instructions on how to recreate this very
basic Access app to either Excel or Word?

Any help is appreciated!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can not.  Some function of Access can be done in Excel.
You can find duplicates in Excel with the CountIf function like this ---
To check for duplicates in column B enter =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,
B1)>1,"Duplicate","") in A1 and autofill column A.
To check duplicates in multiple-column list you will need to concatenate
them in another column to check.
Check	Concatenate	Column1	Column2
	1A	1	A
	2B	2	B
	3C	3	C
Duplicate	4C	4	C
Duplicate	4C	4	C
	5E	5	E
	6E	6	E
	6F	6	F
	7G	7	G
	8G	8	G
IF(COUNTIF(B:B, B12)>1,"Duplicate","")	CONCATENATE(C12,D12)	9	H

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:29:01 -0800, PeterM wrote:

> I have an Access 2003 database that I built.  I'ts very basic; it's a single
> table with two columns as a primary key (to prevent duplicates), one data
> entry form and 5 or 6 reports.  I discovered that the organization that I
> built this for doesn't have Access, only Word, Excel, Powerpoint and
> Publisher.
>
> Can anyone point me to a sample or instructions on how to recreate this very
> basic Access app to either Excel or Word?
>
> Any help is appreciated!

1) Even though the organization does not have Access, they can still
read Access reports if they download the free Snapshot report reader
from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B73DF33F-6D74-423D-8274-8B7E6313EDFB&displaylang=en

2) If, for some reason, they do not wish to do that, then you can use
the OutputTo method to create the report in Word .rtf (or other)
format.

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "ReportName", acFormatRTF,
"c:\MyFolderName\MyReport.rtf"

See VBA help.
Note that the .rtf format does not retain the images, lines, check
boxes, etc., that your Access report might have.
Then send the organization this Word document.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

Very annoying behaviour of Excel 2003
Each time I am opening Excel, it is installing some component. This takes several minutes, and becomes very annoying. I recently had to reinstall XP and Office from the distribution CDs. I have the problem since then. It certainly has something to do with the install. Does anyone on this forum ever experienced such a behaviour. I am running Office 2003 on XP SP3. have you tried doing a repair in the help menu? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020549D4-8070-46ED-8768-821EECD87C88@microsof...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

Excel problem #3

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

Removing hidden mailto:s from Excel?
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. What terms would she use to search for these pests, either in My Docs or on opening each sheet? ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Excel not displaying German characters correctly.
This is a real puzzler. Has our entire office and IT department stumped. We have two machines (M1 / M2) which are equal spec/ operating system, applications, versions, etc... The only difference that we can see between the two machines is that one (M1) has Internet Explorer encoding set to "UTF-8" with "Automatic" selected. The other (M2) has "Western European ISO" with no automatic selected. Now, when the machines log into a web application and choose to download a German Excel file, M1 and M2 get the file correctly if they have their encoding settings...

MS Excel Paste Special>Paste All
Using MS Excel 2003 Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> Column Widths and Paste Special>All. >>Am I always required to do the two step dance Yes<g>. -- Jim "Excel User" <Excel User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D34ED9D-5BD6-43AD-8773-1EB7229309B2@microsoft.com... | Using MS Excel 2003 | | Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I | always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> ...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Personal.xls not hidden in Excel 2007?
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 my Personal.xls file opens too, in a separate window. (I get a separate "tab" in my task bar.) If I remember correctly from Excel 2003 the Personal.xls was actually hidden and didn't open, but the macros in it were made available to open worksheets. In any case, that is the behavior I would like. Is there a setting somewhere that makes the Personal.xls stay hidden? I've tried putting it in program files/.../xlstart and in application data/.../xlstart. I've also tried making it a .xlsb file. Thanks, Sam I haven't tried...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Outlook Web Access HTTP 500 and HTTP 404 errors
hi, I am experiencing this problem on Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, when the users try to authenticate to Outlook Web Access, they get the following error messages in their browsers, "http 500 - internal server error" or "http error 404 - file or directory not found", the customer upgraded to windows/exchange 2003 6 months ago from windows/Exchange 2000 (in place upgrade), they only discovered the problem last week when they tried creating new users, i created 3 test users and the 3 users were getting the above errors. some already existing users have no prob...