Access Relationships (Oracle Tables)

In an attempt to bring our applications up to security standards, our tables
have been recreated in Oracle.  I have the ability to design the front end,
however am having a difficult time with the relationships.  If you have a one
to many relationship enforcing referential integrity, how do you maintain
that in access (assuming it was structured identically in Oracle).  When I
view the relationships and try and enforce referential integrity it doesn't
allow me to..?  How do I do this, should it come in automatically when I link
the tables?

Thanks in advance.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:53:07 -0800, meyerryang
<meyerryang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

The back-end Oracle database should enforce these relationships. It
cannot be done in the front-end.
This is true for split Access (better: Jet) databases as well: you
establish the relationships in the back-end.

-Tom.

>In an attempt to bring our applications up to security standards, our tables
>have been recreated in Oracle.  I have the ability to design the front end,
>however am having a difficult time with the relationships.  If you have a one
>to many relationship enforcing referential integrity, how do you maintain
>that in access (assuming it was structured identically in Oracle).  When I
>view the relationships and try and enforce referential integrity it doesn't
>allow me to..?  How do I do this, should it come in automatically when I link
>the tables?
>
>Thanks in advance.
0
Tom

Table View Contacts Gridline
I'm using Outlook 2003. My question is when I have a table view in Contacts and have specified I want a solid line for a gridline, it is so faint I can't hardly see it on the screen and when using it for a table print, it is very, very, very faint. Is there anyway to control the heaviness of the gridline? In earlier versions of Outlook, the gridline was quite heavy and printed very well. ...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Pivot table subtotals 100%
This is what I want: Apples ...

Access

Relationship Type
hi I have mapped the relationship type between customer and company. However if the relationship typoe is changed at the company level it does not propagate to all its contacts and vice versa. Pleasseeeeeee advice on how i can get this done as this field is quiet crucial to our business and a lot of reporting. Kind Regards Ridhima Ridhima, Mapping only works on the Creation of the new (mapped to) record, as you have seen. To get the relationship type to propogate to the company's linked contacts, you'll have to write a post-callout process that checks the pre and post-xml, iden...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Unique distinct count in pivot table?
I have the following table with fields "Name", "State", and "price": Name State price Mary OH 14.94 Mary OH 15.01 Joe WA 12.17 Joe WA 18.95 I create a pivot table putting State in the row area and Count of Name in the data area. I get the following results: State OH 2 WA 2 This is telling me the number of occurrences of a name in the table in a given state. What I want it to tell me is the number of different names in a state. Is there an elegant way to do this in a pivot table? Much thanks for any help. A pivot table won't calculate a uni...

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Missing values from a pivot table field
I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426 records. The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain the second value. When I click on the arrow associated with that field it does not contain the second value either. Is there somewhere else in the settings this value could have been lost? Perhaps try Drag the field off the table Refresh the table Drag the field back on. With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot ta...

Accounting with Ms Access

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...