Access Problem

Hi

I am running MS ACCESS XP and i cannot open anything when i create a
new database, nothing happens when i click create table by wizards,
design etc. the same applies to forms.

I have tried eveerything including reinstalling, any ideas

i there anyway to completely unistall office from my computer because
i believe i have a corrupted installion that may be causing the
problem

thanks for your time
0
Mikejack2007uk
12/2/2007 10:29:31 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:29:31 -0800 (PST), Mikejack2007uk@googlemail.com
wrote:

You can start uninstall using the setup program. After that,
additional cleanup is possible. For example these articles seem
helpful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290365,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903771

-Tom.

>Hi
>
>I am running MS ACCESS XP and i cannot open anything when i create a
>new database, nothing happens when i click create table by wizards,
>design etc. the same applies to forms.
>
>I have tried eveerything including reinstalling, any ideas
>
>i there anyway to completely unistall office from my computer because
>i believe i have a corrupted installion that may be causing the
>problem
>
>thanks for your time
0
Tom

How To Access Thru News Server
"The messages are visible if you access the group directly using the news server, rather than via the unreliable web interface. -- David Biddulph" David made above comment earlier. How do you do that please? Thanks in advance for any replies. Saved from a previous post: If you're able (not behind a firewall at work???), you may want to connect directly to the MS newsservers. If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft...

Italics problem
I notice when I go to format cells, if I switch to italic bold bold italic Then it is impossible to switch back to "Regular". "Regular" does not seem to be an option. Help, everything is in italics!! ...

cannot update one account, cant find the problem
One of my accounts has not been able to update for a few days. Never had problem before. I use Money 2007 Deluxe. Error message: "Money unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a prolem with the security components on your computer. Error often caused by older version of strong encryption." The link offered to fix this sadly turns up a "page cant be found" message. (microsoft.com/money/security) Updates shows no needed updates, clock is synchronized, password is correct. What else can I try? Thanks for the help! I jsut had a similar problem wi...

eConnect Access Denied
I am trying to call the Com+ object in eConnect 8.0 from a windows forms application and I am getting an Access is Denied error. After the installation the COM+ object in component services is configured as activation type "Server Application", Impersonation Level - "Impersonate" and Account - a domain user who has SQL Server access and is a member of DYNGRP. If I change the activation type to "Library Application" it works, but then I can not use this with a web application that calls the eConnect 8.0 component. I need to configure the component in a w...

Addressbook Access
is there an easy way to allow an excel macro to access the outlook address book and automatically send email without messages about programs accessing your address book coming up. Is it possible to totally disable the notify when another program trys to access your address book feature without exchange server There's the ClickYes utility http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html "Mike Molloy" <mike@coenholdings.ie> wrote in message news:053401c35ff1$de9aa660$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there an easy way to allow an excel macro to access > the outlook addre...

Windows Service running as Local System account cannot access files?
I'm making a system utility of sorts that checks files that are installed on a users system. These files often include access control NTFS permissions with the Everyone, Deny permission. I tried making a standard Windows Forms program that ran with UAC as Administrator to access these files and it fails as well unless I add code to remove the deny permission before accessing the files, however.. there has got to be a way to do this and just access the file no matter what permission it has??? I really thought making my program into a windows service and running it as Lo...

Publisher
Have a laptop user on our network that works in Publisher mainly and she has a recurring problem of Windows Media Player automatically launching while she is working on a Publisher project usually but also sometimes when she is in Outlook. We have tried multiple attempts to fix this problem but all attempts have failed: 1. Tried disabling the media player with GUI settings and the registry. 2. Tried re-imaging her laptop and reinstalling all programs 3. Have tried a fresh installation of XP Pro and serviced packed to 1a (we have decided not to support SP2 on our network yet.) 4. This mo...

Problems after upgrading to Money Deluxe 2004
I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2004 and upgraded my Money Deluxe 2003. Now that the upgrade is done, I've had 2 main problems. 1. When downloading my satements from by Fidelity Brokerage account money tells me that I have 3 new transactions in my online statements. When I click on my Fidelity link money will show me the current qotes of the stocks I own...so far so good. However when I go into 'My Portfolio' I noticed that none of the stock prices have been updated. They all remain at the price quoted the day before I upgraded. The prices never changes. It rema...

SetTimer problem
Hi, I have an application that requires processing at regular intervals. I have used SetTimer and cal back function to do the processing and it had been working fine (its a service and hence had to add message loop). Recently, in the processing I added one other function that uses a COM dll (a VFP dll to run VFP cmmands). With that, i see intermittent missing timer events (the processing was not done as expected and hence added a log. The log shows that the call back function is not called in between for some random intervals of time). I am not sure why this happens. What I am looking at now ...

How can a workbook grant access to another one
Hi everyone, I'm looking to solve how a workook can grant access to another one. Here more details: I have a template, let call it "BuildID.xlt", which will allow users to know how a specific ID shall be built based on some criterias. In some specific cases, an ID can't be built based with the provided criterias and for this, I would like to built a credential internal ID, like INT1, INT2, INT3 and so on. The internal ID has to be unique. For this, I have created a central protected workbook, let's call it "CentralID.xls" where the last ID used wil...

TreeControl
I'm using Visual C++ and MFC in VS 2003 on a Win2000 system Built the application with VC++ 6.0 and was working fine. Migrated to VC++ 7.1. Works fine in debug mode. The problem? The application uses a CFormView with TabControl. On the first tab I have a TreeControl (CTreeCtrl) populated from a database. In debug mode, the tree populates fine, in release mode, only the very first root-level node populates the child items - subsequent root-level nodes will not show any child items. I have other tree controls on other tabs, populated nearly identically and they work fine in both deb...

ormatting Imported data from Access 03
Hi all, I have data from a access DB that i am exporting into a table in excel. This table keeps track of samples and what testing has been done to them in a lab. When the data is refreshed the formatting for my table [e.g. bolds, fonts, center, etc] gets wiped out, except for the first line and the column headers. What is going on here, is access overriding my formatting, and if so is there a way to decide how excel will handle the data it recieves from access and format it on the fly? Thanks in advance, -Zach I import all my data using a macro through MSQuery. This macro, bes...

problem in running ms office 2007
I installed the ms office 2007 setup in desktop.while running it i'm getting a message as "there are no products affected by this product in this system"....how to rectify it.. ...

Sending Problems
I get the following message (exchange compuserve.com for htomail.com or any other) when I try to send a message from Outlook 2002. My pop3 and smtp servers are both mail.domain_name.com 550 not local host compuserve.com, not a gateway It will send messages to addresses with the same domain name as mine. Thanks >I get the following message (exchange compuserve.com for >htomail.com or any other) when I try to send a message >from Outlook 2002. My pop3 and smtp servers are both >mail.domain_name.com > >550 not local host compuserve.com, not a gateway > >It will s...

Using Outlook Express 6 to Access Webbased Mail
Can I create PST or other files using Outlook Express to access web based Email homepages, such as excite, as I do using Outlook? If so, how? TJ Smith wrote: > Can I create PST or other files using Outlook Express to > access web based Email homepages, such as excite, as I do > using Outlook? If so, how? Outlook uses PST files - OE doesn't. The only HTTP-accessible account you can access in Outlook is Hotmail. That is what I was expecting you so say. I was holding out some hope. Thanks for the response. >-----Original Message----- >TJ Smith wrote: >> Can ...

Outlook.pst problem #2
Hey all. I tried archiving my email and received the following message: "Error while archiving folder "Read" in store "Personal Folders". The file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied." Can anyone tell me why this may have happened and how I may fix it? I used to have a program to fix the outlook.pst file, however I can't recall where it is any longer. Thanks in advance. Anthony How big is the archive.pst file? How many items are in the folder that's giving you the ...

Setting reading order for accessibility
I have created a Publisher template for a group of users to create their monthly newsletters (text boxes, calendar, images). I then convert their finished .pub files to pdf and need to make them accessible for posting on our website. Since there are multiple newsletters using the same template each month I want to set as much as possible in the .pub template so I don't have to do each one individually in Adobe and can easily make them an accessible pdf. The problem is that I can't find a way to set the Reading order in Publisher Any suggestions or ideas on if this is poss...

Problem Sending Outlook Dialup Email
Sending and receiving email on a broadband connection with Outlook Express works fine. However with a dialup connection, receiving email works but I cannot send email. I get the following error: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" Can anyone help? ...

Inter-branch connection using internet access
Hi guys, I'M new in great plains. Now i'm facing the problem is: 1. My main branch at Singapore and have many branches in Malaysia. - Great Plains Database server at Singapore - All branches need to using great plains to access main branch great plains server. Question is: How to make a link or vpn to access to my main branch server via internet access. Thanks Use Windows 2000 Terminal Services or Citrix to access GP Application Regards Ani "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B55373E-DF72-4FE0-B247-0C8EE047B0A2@microsoft.com... >...

pivot table: problem with multiple groupings in different worksheets
Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble the group function in a pivot table. Let's say we've got a table with columns "district" and sales (just an example), and I create two different pivot tables with the same origin. In one of the pivot tables I want to group regions in some way, and define different sets in the second pivot table. Here comes the issue: when I right click the selection...-> group, excel defines a new property on the origin data, a new field called "district2". That field also appears on the second pivot table. If I try to group differently the ...

Problem with VBScript in WinCE 6.0

Chart formating problem
Hi! I have a simple bar chart in reverse order, and all axis values, labels and titles formated at 9px weight. When I re-open the document all of the mentioned text appears at 1px, what forces me to format again back to 9px weight. And that repeats at every re-opening. I've searched the options in hope to find some check-box that always fix things like this one but there isn't any. Do you have any idea why those labels are so stubborn? :) Thanks! K. ...

Office 2010 HP printer problem
Office 2010 Professional Plus 2010 (the released 32-bit version, two activated copies on two computers) does not print multiple copies of any office document with my HP Laserjet P2055dn printers (using the latest Dec. 15, 2009 PCL 6 and PCL 5 UPD drivers available on the HP Web site). No matter how many copies are entered, only 1 copy of a document prints. Both of our computers are running Windows 7 x64. The printers worked fine with the Beta version of Office 2010, and work properly withh our non-Office programs. Our Xerox and Canon printers work properly. Does anyone have a ...

Problem encountered when quitting MS Outlook
Recently, every time I quit MS Outlook I get "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovenience." The following appears in the Error Signature: AppName:outlook.exe; AppVer: 10.0.4510.0; ModName: mso.dll; ModVer: 10.0.4219.0; Offset: 000f5890; Exception Code: 0x0000087c. What do I need to do to rectify this problem? Do you have the latest service packs for Outlook installed? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance....

Outlook patched but cannot access some attachments
I am having trouble accessing some attachments to e-mails. Outlook removed access to them. I have adjusted the following reg key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security and added the following string Level1Remove REG_SZ .exe; .url; .pdf; .dll; .msi; .chm; .mdb This seems to fix some issues but i still cannot access some attachments even though the file type has been listed - is there another (easier) way?? HI Steve http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#11 please download the Outlook Tuner FREEWARE -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings...