Access Fields

Can you set up a field (yes/no) that can't be checked yes if another field is
checked yes? While tracking training classes, I was thinking about completed
and registered fields. If someone is registered for a class, the class can't
be completed. As of right now, you can click on either, but you could click
on both and not have an issue.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:01:01 -0800, pf wrote:

> Can you set up a field (yes/no) that can't be checked yes if another field is
> checked yes? While tracking training classes, I was thinking about completed
> and registered fields. If someone is registered for a class, the class can't
> be completed. As of right now, you can click on either, but you could click
> on both and not have an issue.

Why not just use an Option Group control? Only one option can then be
selected.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Full access rights account
We have an Exchnage 2003 on a Win 2003 domain. I'm trying to make an account that'll have full access rights on the server and the exchange system with no luck. It inherits all the rights and it seems the problem is with Receive As and the Send As permissions. Is there a simple way of removing the deny on a new security group ? This article might help you accomplish what you need. 292509.KB.EN-US HOWTO: How to configure an account to use ExMerge on Exchange Server amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. ...

Access Problem
Hi I am running MS ACCESS XP and i cannot open anything when i create a new database, nothing happens when i click create table by wizards, design etc. the same applies to forms. I have tried eveerything including reinstalling, any ideas i there anyway to completely unistall office from my computer because i believe i have a corrupted installion that may be causing the problem thanks for your time On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:29:31 -0800 (PST), Mikejack2007uk@googlemail.com wrote: You can start uninstall using the setup program. After that, additional cleanup is possible. For example these arti...

Unblocking emails with MS Access attachments
I have successfully received email with MS Access file attachments via Outlook Express. I recently changed to Outlook and identical emails are blocked. I can't find a solution to this problem and would welcome any suggestions. I am using Outlook 2002. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Note: If you do not enjoy editing the registry, give Ken's Attachment Option addin (mentioned on link above) a go. "Wing" <Wing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3C806A3-87EF-4F93-8063-BB32734FFA95@microsoft.com... >I have successfully received ...

Administrator access to 2003 private mailbox store
Having recently replaced a 2003 Exchange server with another owing to software faults on hardware RAID5 (On-line migration and mailbox move) there are some issues with the administrator not being able to acccess all mailboxes in the store as they used to do. Not sure how the administrator was granted access to the store before but suspect it was simply through removing inherited permissions on the mailbox store and altering the deny. Is this an acceptable way of acheiving this or does anyone know of an MS recommended way of allowing the administrator account to access all mailboxes in ...

Accessing french newsgroups for Access 2003
Hi, I have a question for Access 2003 MUI. I guess my best option is going to newsgroup in France. Can you provide a way to access these newsgroup. Regards, On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:08:27 -0400, "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a question for Access 2003 MUI. I guess my best option is going to >newsgroup in France. Can you provide a way to access these newsgroup. > >Regards, > Use msnews.microsoft.com as your news server and connect to microsoft.public.fr.access John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Excel and Access
Hi All, I admit I am a complete novice on this aspect of using Excel. My requirement is as follows. I have an Access Database called nt1.mdb on drive D: in which there is one table (Table1) of data, indexed on column1 I wish to connect to this database and search the contents of Table1 for a value in column1 that has been entered into an Excel userform. The values of the other columns in Table1 should be returned if the value is found. How do I connect to the mdb, do the search and read the resulting values from the table? Any help gratefully received. Cheers There's sample ...

Cleaning up Excel workbook for import/conversion to Access
Think I just bit off more than I can chew, but anyway, here's the problem. I am trying to convert an Excel spreadsheet into and Access database. It's supposed to do Purchase Orders, Invoices, and Quotes. The spreadsheet does, sort of. the spreadsheet is about 70+ columns wide. This in and of itself is not an issue. What's screwy is this looks like an "accretion spreadsheet" that has been gathering layers of complexity over the years. Its basic purpose is to determine a sale price for a given item, by summing various fees or whatever that add to the cost of buying an...

How do I get rid of #agg fields when Importing an XML file into E.
I'm importing an XML file that has int and double information within it. When the data is imported into Excel I get an extra column tagged with #agg For example: - <NewDataSet> - <Results> <FOO>41.01</FOO> </Results> This creates two columns when importing to Excel /Results/FOO /Results/FOO/#agg 41.01 41.01 ...

Conditional Format -- shading ten fields in a row reacting to colu
I have looked through a number of the c.f. posts, and have seen one similar to what I need from December of 2004 [I'll post below], but it's not quite what I'm looking for]. I have a status column [E] that has approximately five different phrases that can go in them. One of them is: Completed And when that happens, I'd like the row it is in [but just the ones that I'm working with, which are A through F, to be shaded. Now, from the post below I have seen how it can be done for one particular row at a time, but I really need to be able to do the whole thing at once,...

Conversion to Access Project- currentdb
Hi, How is everyone today? I am in the process of converting an Access database to an Access Project. The data sits in a SQL server database while reports/queries/forms remain in Access. I had: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub Command20_Click() Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb() but changed this to: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub Command20_Click() Dim db As ADODB.Connection Set db = CurrentProject.Connection which works ok. Now later in the code I have: Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim db As ADODB.Connection which gives me the fol...

If "yes" then require data in another field
I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" If the check box = Yes, then I want the field for the combo list to require data. I can make it go the field that I want the date inserted, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it mandatory for the user to insert data from the drop down list if the check box = yes. Use the Exit event of the ComboBox and Cancel = True If Len(Me.ComboBox & "") = 0 Sheryl wrote: >I have two fields on a form: one a "check box" and another a "combo list" > >If t...

Wildcard to Find and Replace with fields?
In Word 2007 I'm editing a paper which contains EndNote citation fields, and in the course of switching the paper to a different bibliographic style I need to find and replace any space that occurs before a citation. Each citation exists in the document as a field in Word. With field codes toggled on, when I do a simple Find for ^d Word finds each field with no trouble, but when I switch on "Use wildcards" and try the syntax Find: ( )(^d) - and I have also tried ( )([^d]) I get an error message saying that ^d is not supported when the Wildcards check box is sel...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

Getting the bitmap OLE Object from Microsoft Access database table
Hi, I have bitmaps attached to Microsoft Access table. I need to read the Access table and get the bitmap. Im able to get to the record and get the field value using GetFieldValue() which returns as a COleVariant. How can I get the bitmap and palette(CPalette) information. Im using MFC and C++ Will appreciate any help/suggestion with the above. Thanks MA Jeff, Please provide the attachement. Thanks MA "Jeff Partch [MVP]" wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I have bitmaps attached to Microsoft Access table. I need to read the > Access > > table and get the bi...

Access 2000 ~ Vista error
We recently updated all 5 computers in a small office to Vista. We run an access database for receipting purposes. Now after the upgrade, we are unable to open the database in a share mode. Only one workstation can have it open at a time. Any idea why? I've checked everything I can think of with Vista, not knowing much about it as of yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !! Tony After installing Vista, you will have had to install Access again. You may need to set each copy to Shared Mode under: Tools | Options | Advanced | Default Open Mode Note that ...

Delegate Access
Is there a way to setup delegate access through some sort of administrative account? Currently each user must logon to their Exchange account via Outlook and set their delegate access. The issue is that users are either not doing it or they are doing it incorrectly. We would like to have one person setup all the correct permissions without having to logon to each person's Exchange account via Outlook and make these changes. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Ray this is something that really must be done from the client...I had to write up a little instruction memo and p...

SY02000 fields
What do the RESTYPE and RESID fields represent in the SY02000 (Security Restrictions) table? Hi David, RESTYPE is essentially which resource type was the user granted. The variations can be windows, reports. RESID is the resource ID specific to the resource dictionary. Each resource dictionary (.DIC) i.e. modules (including third party), has their own series resource ID's. The two fields metioned above is specific to DICTID i.e. the spefic product or modules intgerated with GP. Hope this helps! Cheers, Dennis Araullo, MACS Microsoft Certified Technology Speci...

Formatting User Defined Fields
I have an Outlook custom form with several user defined fields. Can I change the margins around the inside of the field so that I have a tighter fit for multiline data. Also in a numeric user defined field can I make the field blank or does it always have to be zero for the inital defnation on the form. Thanks. A numeric field would start at 0 or -1 or whatever, it can't be just blank that I know of. Unless you somehow subclass the controls and manually draw them yourself I don't see any way to change internal properties such as internal borders unless the properties are expose...

How do I add a record to a bound field on a subform?
Hi, i have a form, mostly with product info, and on it i have a subform with buyer info. The subform tracks the main form ok (finally) but when i try to enter new information into the subform i get this error message: "control cant be edited; it's bound to the exression [Buyer_name]" How the heck do you manage this? Thanks for any direction, Richard Stricker On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:02:23 -0700, "Richard Stricker" <clearpath@cox.net> wrote: >Hi, i have a form, mostly with product info, and on it i have a subform with >buyer info. The subform tracks ...

Stopping Emails being composed with a Blank Subject Field
Dear Readers I would like to make it impossible to send an email without first completing the Subject Field. I need this work in all versions of Outlook my girlfriend's organisation uses mainly Outlook 2002... The other week my girlfriend got repremanded for sending a mass email to people without a subject heading. A simple forgivable mistake than any user could make, and hardly a hanging offense. My responses was - well, if its company policy not to have blank subject headings - then they should encode this as part of their Outlook/Exchange deployment. I know why around Exchange/Outloo...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Opening a query with a filter in Access 2007
Since under Access 2007 reports can no longer be exported to Excel, I'm attempting to open the query that the report is based on so that I can export the query to Excel. I'm wondering, though, about the best way to open the query since I need to apply a filter. It was easy enough to do in the OpenReport call by using the WhereCondition parameter, but OpenQuery has no such parameter. What is the best way to filter a query through code? Thanks, Carl Rapson A fairly simple workaround is to save the query you want to use for exporting. Then write its SQL property before you do t...

Access 01-16-08
how do i get access to count days starting with a date, then adding a number of days and giving me a due date. Dear, Try to use the DateAdd e.g. DateAdd("m",2,[YourDateFiled]), which will show a date 2 months later than your date. GeorgeC Ο χρήστης "bazzat" έγγραψε: > how do i get access to count days starting with a date, then adding a number > of days and giving me a due date. Try count("dd-mm-aaaa") and it answer the number of day between now. "bazzat" <bazzat@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:F3BB...

denial of access to sent pdf files
I don't know if this is the correct forum. I have Outlook Express. Why can't I access a pdf document sent to me when I have Acrobat Reader installed? The message suggests that each pdf attachment I receive is "unsafe." What's going on? Tools, Options, SEcurity. Uncheck the box marked "don't allow attachments..." -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Lee Calem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...