Access application will not work on XP

I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a
Windows 2000 computer.  I  have buttons that link open up certain folders
when pressed.

When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000, the
links do not work.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Jasper

0
Jaz
6/14/2007 5:31:54 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It just does nothing!

Jasper

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jasper,
>
> do you get any messages when trying to open them or is it just not doing
> anything?
>

> --
> Maurice Ausum
>

> "Jaz" wrote:
>
> > I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a
> > Windows 2000 computer.  I  have buttons that link open up certain
folders
> > when pressed.
> >
> > When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000,
the
> > links do not work.
> >
> > Any ideas why?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jasper

0
Jaz
6/14/2007 8:46:16 PM
Do the folders have the *exact* same path on both machines?

In other words, is it a Win2000 vs WinXp issue (which doesn't seem very
likely), or the fact that the links are hardcoded, or otherwise invalid, on
different machines.

HTH,

"Jaz" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a
> Windows 2000 computer.  I  have buttons that link open up certain folders
> when pressed.
>
> When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000, the
> links do not work.
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

0
George

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

publisher will not open
hello. i hope someone can help me. i have just bought a laptop and installed office 2000 small business, which was the most affordable version i could get at the time. i have installed both cds, and everything seems to have installed and runs fine, Publisher (the one program i really need) opens, but then locks and doesnt allow me to do anything. i have to then ctrl, alt, delete it to close it. does anyone know the answer to this quagmire? please help. am i missing a file or something? thank you adam Hi adam (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted...

Access

Code does not work after converting MDB to MDE
Hello all, I'm using the code described in KB article(see link below) to print a report on legal paper in landscape mode, however the code no longer works when I convert the database the Access 97 database from MDB to MDE. Any thoughts on how I get around this? Thanks, Rohit Thomas http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;302650&Product=acc97 Rohit, The code fails at the following statement: DoCmd.OpenReport strName, acDesign when run in an .mde, because by definition an .mde does not allow for objects like forms and reports to be opened in design view, like ...

access mail on WEB

I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application.
Hi folks I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application Regards David You can use LoadImage to load it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C2D61B-7556-4484-A317-D16B53D255B9@microsoft.com... > Hi folks, > > I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application. > > Regards, > David ...

Anyone actually get CRM Mobile working yet?
I've been tasked to try and get CRM Mobile working on our Development network. I've installed the SW, I've followed the prompts. If you know CRM Mobile, the statement "I can even see the ssCERDA site" means something. <big grin> Problem is, I'm using my boss's new PDA/Cell phone combination. When we install, we get errors on almost all components: "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software" After that, it sorta installs, but then when we try to connect we...

X-Axis @ 0 wont work (PIC INCLUDED)
I have a dual y-axis graph... one series has negative values and causes the x-axis to move... ive tried using the "x-axis @ 0" but it doesnt work office XP PIC: http://www.ironchefbadass.com/www/chart.jpg the only way i can get it to sort of look right is if i play with the minimum value for the left hand y-axis.. there has to be a real way todo it right... thanx guys -- scrupul0us ------------------------------------------------------------------------ scrupul0us's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14184 View this thread: http://w...

Will CRM 3.0 support SFO under Citrix
CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen Last I heard, it will, but only for online use. Of course, what happens between now and RTM is to be determined. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:48:04 -0700, "mortennp" <mortennp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen ...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Norton Antispam no longer works?
Okay, I purchased Office 2003 tonight - after installation I tried out Outlook, but switched back to Outlook Express afterwards... But now Norton Antispam no longer works! It doesn't seem to be able to pick out any spam... why is that? any suggestion? <=[BC]=> Norton Anti-spam doesn't work on Outlook 2003, on Outlook Express or doesn't work all together? Since you switched back to OE I suggest you try the OE newsgroup. If Norton AntiSpam alltogether doesn't work anymore I suggest you seek support at Norton. Tried reinstalling the product already? -- Roady [M...

Citations and Bibliography tab not working
I have 2007 Microsoft word with my windows 7 platform. For some reason my bibliography and citation tab in references is not working. The tab is there but it is shaded so I cannot use this feature. Please help On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:24:05 -0700, jennsfam4 wrote: > I have 2007 Microsoft word with my windows 7 platform. For some reason my > bibliography and citation tab in references is not working. The tab is there > but it is shaded so I cannot use this feature. Please help Do you have another copy open, and the document you are viewing (with shaded and disabled ...

Accounting with Ms Access

vlookup issue ( not working and im tearing my hair out)
Okay , well i cant discuss the actual info in my sheet but ill come up with a good analogy of it all . Ok basically on sheet 2 i have all the teams in my NHL ( my company) listed under the immediate manager. I also have the players last name, first name and number set out as such ; Team A Shivers Paul 14 Jacobsen John 25 Tucker Tanya 98 Team B Pitt Brad 22 Murray Bill 28 Clinton Hillary 55 You get the point, ok , on sheet 1 ( my main page accessible to my company ) , i have this format... Managers last name Players last name ...