Access 97: InputBox to pass arguments for generating reports

I am a newbie when it comes to VBA and MS-Access.  I have created areport for my database using the Report Wizard.  Currently the reportprints all the contents in my database in columnar format.  I wouldlike to pass some arguments (through an input box) that will allow meto print only selected rows from my database in the report.  Forexample, my database has a date field and if I provide beginning andend dates in the InputBox, I would like only rows for which the datefield lies within the specified range to be printed.  Can someone tellme how to go about it?BTW, Northwind Traders database, that comes with Access, provides thiskind of capability for the Employee Sales by Country Report.Regards,Nimmi
0
Nimmi
3/4/2007 5:03:07 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Sequential Number Generator, Saving, and Linking
Hello, not totally familiar with Excel and trying to accomplish th following within our sales department: 1. We have two basic Excel files that we have to access on a share drive every time we issue a quotation: FILE A: This is an Excel quotation form already built. FILE B: This lists out the existing quotations that have been issued listed by reference number. It includes basic fields like 'Sale Person', 'Product' and 'Date', etc. Every time we issues a quote we fill out the nessary information i FILE A, reference FILE B to determine the next sequential number. W s...

Reporting on MS Project Server in java
Hello, I am trying to use MS Project server PSI in java. I could create java stubs by using the wsdl. Now if I want to see all the projects, I couldn' find any API in the Project Web Service. I couldn't find any help related to the same. Is there any way where I can get list of Projects availaible in MS Project Server or do I need to go through the reporting database route? I wanted to use the WEB SERVICE route as I dont have to worry about the security. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Milind. Milind: The correct place to ask developer questions ...

Test case generation with Visio
Hi, Is there any way to generate test cases using visio drawing? OR Can we use any third party tool with Visio to generate test cases? Regards/Mayank On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 03:24:01 -0700, Mayank <Mayank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there any way to generate test cases using visio drawing? > >OR > >Can we use any third party tool with Visio to generate test cases? http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Accounting with Ms Access

Tab-delimited or CVS report output
If I recall in a previous version of Money I was able to "print" a report to a tab-delimited file. I'm looking into Money 2007, and cannot find that capability. Is there a way to print out either a tab-delimited or comma-delimited Account Balances report in 2007. Thanks, JimW Yes. Be sure and use Advanced Reports. Get the report customized the way you want. There's an Export to Excel choice over to the left. It'll generate ..CSV. There's also a Send to... pullout over there that offers some other choices. There's also an Export and Export to Excel cho...

How do I print query parameters on the report?
I'll try to keep this short. I have created a query with multiple parameters. I want to print reports showing invoices to a specified customer between certain dates. When I run the query, it is set up to enter the customer name first, and then type the beginning date of the invoice period, and then type the ending date of the invoice period. I have that part down okay. When I print the report, I want the date parameters that I typed in for the query to appear on the printed report. I created a text box in Design View on the report, and for the Control Source, I entered the sam...

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...