access 2007 run time

Does anyone knows when will be available.
My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them
to 2007.

0
Munteanu
4/13/2007 10:31:33 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Running Access 2007 in Runtime Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2007/03/26/running-access-2007-in-runtime-mode.aspx

HTH

Vlado

"Munteanu Gabriel" <softdata@softdata.ro> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku
> Does anyone knows when will be available.
> My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them
> to 2007.

0
ISO
4/13/2007 10:53:28 AM
"Munteanu Gabriel" <softdata@softdata.ro> wrote:

>Does anyone knows when will be available.

No.

>My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them
>to 2007.

What problems are you having with A2002 in Vista?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
wrote:

>My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them
>to 2007.

BIG caution about A2007 on Vista:

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935370/en-us

Short summary: opening an Access database (2002, 2003 or 2007) simultaneously
from two computers running Vista (or Longhorn Server beta) permanently
destroys the database.

Read the article.

MS is working on a fix but their current advice is... just don't do it.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/13/2007 6:58:18 PM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:10:01 -0700, Munteanu Gabriel <Munteanu
Gabriel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I did not tried to debug all the errors encountered by Access 2002 RT on
>vista. All I can tell you is that I installed my package and the application
>didn't worked. Lots of compiling errors.

well... lost references have been a real problem for several versions of
Access. Did you check Tools... References for missing references? This can be
a quick and easy fix for multiple errors.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/19/2007 4:35:52 PM
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:18:00 -0700, GabiAccess
<GabiAccess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> But it seemed to me like Access lost it's
>own references. It happend with mdb Access 2002 version.

It did happen (especially when other software was installed changing the DLL's
in the System folder) - but I've never been unable to recover from the
problem.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
4/20/2007 6:12:21 AM
GabiAccess <GabiAccess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I didn' t debug all the program. But it seemed to me like Access lost it's
>own references. It happend with mdb Access 2002 version.

Lets work on that problem.  It's quite possible that a few minutes
work will fix the references.

Do you have any references besides the basic three?  Are you sure you
need them?  Write down the path and name of the extra ones, delete
from the references list and Compile and Save All.   Keep any
necessary references and ensure they are distributed to the target
system.

For a very detailed page on reference problems see
http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/AccessReferenceErrors.html

Ctrl+G will take you into the Debug/Immediate window.  Then click on
Tools on the menu bar and References.

The Access 2002 default references when the MDB is created in Access
2000 format are:
Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library

The Access 2002 default references when the MDB is created in Access
2002 format are:
Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
0
Tony
4/22/2007 10:33:16 PM
ROFL

that's a hilarious.. hilarious link

what.. does it destroy it if the user is smart enough to be using
Access Data Projects??

On Apr 13, 11:58 am, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:31:33 +0300, "Munteanu Gabriel" <softd...@softdata.ro>
> wrote:
>
> >My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them
> >to 2007.
>
> BIG caution about A2007 on Vista:
>
> Seehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/935370/en-us
>
> Short summary: opening an Access database (2002, 2003 or 2007) simultaneously
> from two computers running Vista (or Longhorn Server beta) permanently
> destroys the database.
>
> Read the article.
>
> MS is working on a fix but their current advice is... just don't do it.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
aaron
4/23/2007 8:06:26 PM
On Apr 22, 6:33 pm, "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote:
> GabiAccess <GabiAcc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >I didn' t debug all the program. But it seemed to me likeAccesslost it's
> >own references. It happend with mdbAccess2002 version.
>
> Lets work on that problem.  It's quite possible that a few minutes
> work will fix the references.
>
> Do you have any references besides the basic three?  Are you sure you
> need them?  Write down the path and name of the extra ones, delete
> from the references list and Compile and Save All.   Keep any
> necessary references and ensure they are distributed to the target
> system.
>
> For a very detailed page on reference problems seehttp://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/AccessReferenceErrors.html
>
> Ctrl+G will take you into the Debug/Immediate window.  Then click on
> Tools on the menu bar and References.
>
> TheAccess2002 default references when the MDB is created inAccess
> 2000 format are:
> Visual Basic for Applications
> MicrosoftAccess10.0 Object Library
> OLE Automation
> Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
>
> TheAccess2002 default references when the MDB is created inAccess
> 2002 format are:
> Visual Basic for Applications
> MicrosoftAccess10.0 Object Library
> OLE Automation
> Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, MicrosoftAccessMVP
>    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>    MicrosoftAccessLinks, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems athttp://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

I have an application that uses the Access 2002 runtime.  Running
Vista without Access 2007.  When a standard user is logged on,
starting up the app brings up the UAC dialog, asking for an Admin
password to OK starting up the Access runtime.  Is there a way to get
around this?

Thanks.
Cheryl

0
cabrenner

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

Times list top 15
Here is my problem. I got some help before, but it isn't working. I have a database with kids' times for each course that we run. Each year they may run a course several times. The information I have in the file on them is Name, Grade, Course, RunTime, RunYear, Male/ Female. I am trying to get a list of all of the top 15 times in a particular course. But since there are multiple entries for a kid on each course, I get the following SAvannah 2006 17:30 Savannah 2005 17:32 Savannah 2006 17:45 Stepahanie 2007 17:48 Kristina 2007 18:01 Stepahnie 2006 18:03 But what I wa...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Graph over a time span
Hi, can anyone please help? Is there a way to graph from a span of time. We have Members with certain benefits that is good forever basically and then Members by their Contract St and End Dt and Members in special programs. So the data looks like for example: Member StDt EndDt ContractFees Contract Type Member A 1/1/2006 12/31/2009 $500 Program C Member B 1/1/2006 doesn't expire $2000 Program A Member C 6/1/2006 5/1/2010 $1000 Program B So I'd like to be able to count the # of ...

Mocrosoft Outlook 2007
I have had my computer for about 3 months and all of the sudden everytime I reply to an email in Outlook it freezes up the whole program. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart my computer. Any help out there. I have a Dell desktop wtih Vista. Do you have a program called Outlookaddinsetup in Control = Panel->Programs->Uninstall? If yes, uninstall it. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Donovan ask...

Open an Excel file via a script and Run a macro
I wish to open an Excel file via a script and run a specified macro, then save the file at a certain time each day. I looked up the Microsoft site and found the code below which Opens all files in a directory, runs a macro on all then closes. It pretty much does what I want except I just have one specified file, problem is I'm not sure what part of the code I change, I just can't work it out. Hope someone can help Important information I guess is Path where file exists: T:\2008\sean\my documents\Daily Report.xls (this is a mapped drive on my PC) Macro name: CompileReport Code from ...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

How to remove IRM from Office 2007 Docs
Hello, I had to rebuild my box today. Prior to the rebuild I moved all files from all profiles onto a remote drive. My files & docs were protected on the existing build. Once the new build was completed, I am unable to access most docs. The doc title is in green text and the following message sp9ins up when I select one of the docs- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges (<drive>:\rebuild BU\file name) OS = Win XP SP3 Office = Office 2007 Thanks for any assistance~ Mark C. ...