Access 2007 Options On Open Forms

Hi All

I am trying to set the form that launches on open to one from the custom
list.  This is so that the Disable Design View Shortcuts/Hide Design UI
option can be used

Cheers
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Click the Office button (top left.)
Click Access Options (bottom of dialog.)
You will find all the options there.

BTW, don't forget to set your folder as a trusted location.

More info about adapting to the new version:
    http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

"Ricky1234" <Ricky1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to set the form that launches on open to one from the custom
> list.  This is so that the Disable Design View Shortcuts/Hide Design UI
> option can be used
>
> Cheers
0
Allen
2/27/2008 2:07:14 AM
Hi Allen

Thank you for your reply, I have tried this, however it still launches the
form with the Layout and Design View options.

I am trying to build some security so that users do not amend or adjust the
form

cheers

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Click the Office button (top left.)
> Click Access Options (bottom of dialog.)
> You will find all the options there.
>
> BTW, don't forget to set your folder as a trusted location.
>
> More info about adapting to the new version:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

> "Ricky1234" <Ricky1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > I am trying to set the form that launches on open to one from the custom
> > list.  This is so that the Disable Design View Shortcuts/Hide Design UI
> > option can be used
> >
> > Cheers

Layout view can be disabled for the whole database (through the options), or
for the form (through its properties.)

To block design view, create an MDE (or ACCDE.)

> Hi Allen
>
> Thank you for your reply, I have tried this, however it still launches the
> form with the Layout and Design View options.
>
> I am trying to build some security so that users do not amend or adjust
> the
> form
>
> cheers
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> Click the Office button (top left.)
>> Click Access Options (bottom of dialog.)
>> You will find all the options there.
>>
>> BTW, don't forget to set your folder as a trusted location.
>>
>> More info about adapting to the new version:
>>     http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
>>
>> "Ricky1234" <Ricky1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I am trying to set the form that launches on open to one from the
>> > custom
>> > list.  This is so that the Disable Design View Shortcuts/Hide Design UI
>> > option can be used

0
Allen

Choosing subform fields from master form
Hello - I have a master form with 4 subforms. 3 of the subforms have only checkboxes. The boss wants to choose the checkboxes displayed in subforms. For example, this week the boss wants users to view checkbox1, checkbox2, checkbox5, and checkbox7 in a subform. The following week he wants users to see checkbox3, checkbox4, checkbox6, and checkbox 8. I'd like the boss to have an administrator console where he chooses what checkboxes will be available for the users.How do I handle this with a multiuser split database? Any ideas? Thanks! Steve -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com htt...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Open file dialog on Vista
I am adapting my apps for Vista. The apps need to run on all Win32/Win64 platforms, and are still in VC6, with the February 2003 PSDK. By writing my own version of CFileDialog (based on Paul DiLascia's code) I was able to obtain the file dialog with the places bar on W2K/XP, while showing the old file dialog on other platforms. But what do I need to do to get the new Vista open file dialog on Vista? As it is I am getting the XP one. David Wilkinson Hi David, I don't know a lot about that level of Vista yet (just used it as a user, haven't really ported to it yet), but...

Cant open Exchange System Manager and backups are failing
I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange. Everything has been running great up until a few days ago. All of the sudden veritas backupexec started failing with the log saying it is unable to attach to exchange, and I am now unable to open exchange system manager. When I try to open system manager it immediatly throws an erorr dialog "Exchange System Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close". I've tried resetting the server. I've tried removing the exchange system manager component and reinstalling it. When i do that I am able to run it once after install, but after t...

publisher will not open
hello. i hope someone can help me. i have just bought a laptop and installed office 2000 small business, which was the most affordable version i could get at the time. i have installed both cds, and everything seems to have installed and runs fine, Publisher (the one program i really need) opens, but then locks and doesnt allow me to do anything. i have to then ctrl, alt, delete it to close it. does anyone know the answer to this quagmire? please help. am i missing a file or something? thank you adam Hi adam (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted...

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

Open E-mail Preview Pane Being Vulnerable to Viruses
I am having a debate with one of my IT techs where I work. The company uses Outlook 2002. When I open up Outlook, I have my Inbox set up so that I have the Recipient pane (the From, Subject, Received & Size pane)on top and the Preview Pane (NOT...the Auto Preview pane)on the bottom. Our IT tech is very nervous about this configuration and believes that it makes our computers vulnerable to viruses when Outlook is opened to that type of configuration. Is that correct? Thank you for any instruction on how to avoid acquiring viruses when using Outlook 2002. Terry http://ww...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Outlook crash when open shared calendar
Hi, We run Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 as client. Outlook will crash no matter which desktop user A log into when open user B's shared calendar, but user A is able to open other people's shared calendar fine. This problem can be repeated on different desktops. On same desktop, some user can open user B's shared calendar, but Outlook crash for others. It's very weird. It's seems something to do with the user's account, but cannot figure out what's the problem with the user account. So far only user B’s calendar will cause Outlook crush. I got ...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

View settings for open/save dialogs ?
Helo, Running windows 7 pro 64bit. I want to select certain icon view setting for open/save dialogs for all files/dirs. For now I was able to set custom view for certain file/dir - but all others are forced details view. I want to set them all at once and permanently. How do I do that ? Main explorer window customizes ok. thanks Vilius ...

Opening a user form
I am using the following code to open a user form when I open a Word 2003 document. Private Sub Document_New() UserForm1.Show End Sub For some reason I can't get the user form to show. I have this code in a template and I am opening the document from it. I also have it in a private directory (not the template directory). Thanks, Stanley That does not make the userform show on document open. Sub Document_Open() UserForm1.Show End Sub If you have the code (Document_NEW) in the template, then when the template is used to make a NEW document, the userform will displa...