Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only

Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given.  I am using
Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem.  I
have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened
as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes.
This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop.  Is this a
UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given.  I am using
> Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem.
> have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is
> opened
> as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes.
> This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop.  Is this
> UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue?

It is not Vista. You are most likely working with an older database.

What I have done with the older dbs is shelling them out like a front
end/back end. I import all of the forms, queries, & reports, and then use a
linked table back to the Access97 version that cannot be updated to a newer
version

0
Mike
7/24/2007 7:38:08 PM
The database is an Access 2003 database.  Is there any other way around this?

"Mike Mueller" wrote:

> "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given.  I am using
> > Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem.
> > have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is
> > opened
> > as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes.
> > This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop.  Is this
> > UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue?
>
> It is not Vista. You are most likely working with an older database.
>
> What I have done with the older dbs is shelling them out like a front
> end/back end. I import all of the forms, queries, & reports, and then use a
> linked table back to the Access97 version that cannot be updated to a newer
> version

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Open file dialog on Vista
I am adapting my apps for Vista. The apps need to run on all Win32/Win64 platforms, and are still in VC6, with the February 2003 PSDK. By writing my own version of CFileDialog (based on Paul DiLascia's code) I was able to obtain the file dialog with the places bar on W2K/XP, while showing the old file dialog on other platforms. But what do I need to do to get the new Vista open file dialog on Vista? As it is I am getting the XP one. David Wilkinson Hi David, I don't know a lot about that level of Vista yet (just used it as a user, haven't really ported to it yet), but...

Cant open Exchange System Manager and backups are failing
I'm running SBS 2003 with exchange. Everything has been running great up until a few days ago. All of the sudden veritas backupexec started failing with the log saying it is unable to attach to exchange, and I am now unable to open exchange system manager. When I try to open system manager it immediatly throws an erorr dialog "Exchange System Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close". I've tried resetting the server. I've tried removing the exchange system manager component and reinstalling it. When i do that I am able to run it once after install, but after t...

publisher will not open
hello. i hope someone can help me. i have just bought a laptop and installed office 2000 small business, which was the most affordable version i could get at the time. i have installed both cds, and everything seems to have installed and runs fine, Publisher (the one program i really need) opens, but then locks and doesnt allow me to do anything. i have to then ctrl, alt, delete it to close it. does anyone know the answer to this quagmire? please help. am i missing a file or something? thank you adam Hi adam (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted...

Access

access mail on WEB

Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line
Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line I have tried every way I know to get around this problem to no avail. Below is a sample of the read receipts I need to filter to only my read receipt folder. Keep in mind, the number for each receipt will be a higher number, like 1570, 1571, etc. Read: iCare (v3.0.33) iComment ID 1569 Confirmation I have the following rules in place. Read: iCare (v3.033) iComment ID in subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder Read: in the subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder iCare (v3.0.33) Confirmation move it to the iComments folder except i...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

Open E-mail Preview Pane Being Vulnerable to Viruses
I am having a debate with one of my IT techs where I work. The company uses Outlook 2002. When I open up Outlook, I have my Inbox set up so that I have the Recipient pane (the From, Subject, Received & Size pane)on top and the Preview Pane (NOT...the Auto Preview pane)on the bottom. Our IT tech is very nervous about this configuration and believes that it makes our computers vulnerable to viruses when Outlook is opened to that type of configuration. Is that correct? Thank you for any instruction on how to avoid acquiring viruses when using Outlook 2002. Terry http://ww...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook crash when open shared calendar
Hi, We run Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 as client. Outlook will crash no matter which desktop user A log into when open user B's shared calendar, but user A is able to open other people's shared calendar fine. This problem can be repeated on different desktops. On same desktop, some user can open user B's shared calendar, but Outlook crash for others. It's very weird. It's seems something to do with the user's account, but cannot figure out what's the problem with the user account. So far only user B’s calendar will cause Outlook crush. I got ...

Outlook Web Access #19

how to open attachment with adobe flash player
when I try to open an attachment it doesn't give me the option to choose or open with , it just gives the option open or save and I want to be able to change it to open with adobe. any suggestions me wrote: > when I try to open an attachment it doesn't give me the option to choose or > open with , it just gives the option open or save and I want to be able to > change it to open with adobe. > > any suggestions What have you installed that will play .flv files (or whatever is the UNIDENTIFIED filetype with you have having difficulties)? ...

View settings for open/save dialogs ?
Helo, Running windows 7 pro 64bit. I want to select certain icon view setting for open/save dialogs for all files/dirs. For now I was able to set custom view for certain file/dir - but all others are forced details view. I want to set them all at once and permanently. How do I do that ? Main explorer window customizes ok. thanks Vilius ...