Access 2007 interface, modifications?

Hi,

I'm just learning Access (using 2007) and one thing that troubles me a bit
(aside from learning sub-queries) is "menu-system" in Access.

In fact, even if I use a "custom menu, with sub-groups" it feels cluttered.

1. One thing that would really help would be if I could use more than 1
level in menu, that is, a second or even third would allow me to hide a lot
of objects (tables, queries and forms). Does anyone know if that's doable?

2. If anyone of you has some other tips on how to make the working
(developer) interface more efficient I'm all ears! :>

Kindly,
Mikael
Sweden
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:09:01 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
<MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Don't you like the new Ribbon?
-Tom.

>Hi,
>
>I'm just learning Access (using 2007) and one thing that troubles me a bit
>(aside from learning sub-queries) is "menu-system" in Access.
>
>In fact, even if I use a "custom menu, with sub-groups" it feels cluttered.
>
>1. One thing that would really help would be if I could use more than 1
>level in menu, that is, a second or even third would allow me to hide a lot
>of objects (tables, queries and forms). Does anyone know if that's doable?
>
>2. If anyone of you has some other tips on how to make the working
>(developer) interface more efficient I'm all ears! :>
>
>Kindly,
>Mikael
>Sweden
0
Tom
1/15/2008 2:00:28 PM
I do.

But I was referring to the "object menu" (where tables, queries, reports are
stored).

This is 1 level menu (with the option to group).

Would be nice if to could be modified to a 2nd level or 3 rd level clickable
menu...

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:09:01 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
> <MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Don't you like the new Ribbon?
> -Tom.
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm just learning Access (using 2007) and one thing that troubles me a bit
> >(aside from learning sub-queries) is "menu-system" in Access.
> >
> >In fact, even if I use a "custom menu, with sub-groups" it feels cluttered.
> >
> >1. One thing that would really help would be if I could use more than 1
> >level in menu, that is, a second or even third would allow me to hide a lot
> >of objects (tables, queries and forms). Does anyone know if that's doable?
> >
> >2. If anyone of you has some other tips on how to make the working
> >(developer) interface more efficient I'm all ears! :>
> >
> >Kindly,
> >Mikael
> >Sweden

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:10:06 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
<MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Ahh, THAT menu. Yes, there is a lot to be desired here. A2007 does a
better job with grouping like items than previous (Sort by Category >
Tables and related views).  You can also create your own groups.

If you REALLY wanted to, I guess you could create your own add-in that
would be able to present the db objects in a treeview or other display
of your choice.

-Tom.

>I do.
>
>But I was referring to the "object menu" (where tables, queries, reports are
>stored).
>
>This is 1 level menu (with the option to group).
>
>Would be nice if to could be modified to a 2nd level or 3 rd level clickable
>menu...
>
>"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:09:01 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
>> <MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> Don't you like the new Ribbon?
>> -Tom.
>>

>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I'm just learning Access (using 2007) and one thing that troubles me a bit
>> >(aside from learning sub-queries) is "menu-system" in Access.
>> >
>> >In fact, even if I use a "custom menu, with sub-groups" it feels cluttered.
>> >
>> >1. One thing that would really help would be if I could use more than 1
>> >level in menu, that is, a second or even third would allow me to hide a lot
>> >of objects (tables, queries and forms). Does anyone know if that's doable?
>> >
>> >2. If anyone of you has some other tips on how to make the working
>> >(developer) interface more efficient I'm all ears! :>
>> >
>> >Kindly,
>> >Mikael
>> >Sweden

0
Tom
1/16/2008 2:11:55 AM
Strange that Microsoft didn't us a more useful menu, I mean, a full fledged
database has LOTS of objects and right now I cannot see a way out from my
"cluttered" menu.

Anyhow, thanks for your input!

//Mikael

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:10:06 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
> <MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Ahh, THAT menu. Yes, there is a lot to be desired here. A2007 does a
> better job with grouping like items than previous (Sort by Category >
> Tables and related views).  You can also create your own groups.
>
> If you REALLY wanted to, I guess you could create your own add-in that
> would be able to present the db objects in a treeview or other display
> of your choice.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >I do.
> >
> >But I was referring to the "object menu" (where tables, queries, reports are
> >stored).
> >
> >This is 1 level menu (with the option to group).
> >
> >Would be nice if to could be modified to a 2nd level or 3 rd level clickable
> >menu...
> >
> >"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:09:01 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
> >> <MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Don't you like the new Ribbon?
> >> -Tom.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 02:01:01 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
<MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I also use the new Search Bar a lot. Very handy.
The boys and girls on the other side of campus - you know the ones
working on a full fledged database named SQL Server, the ones we never
share ideas with because we fear what's not invented here - can take
an example from that. Their filter option stinks.

-Tom.

>Strange that Microsoft didn't us a more useful menu, I mean, a full fledged
>database has LOTS of objects and right now I cannot see a way out from my
>"cluttered" menu.
>
>Anyhow, thanks for your input!
>
>//Mikael
>
>"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:10:06 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist
>> <MikaelLindqvist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ahh, THAT menu. Yes, there is a lot to be desired here. A2007 does a
>> better job with grouping like items than previous (Sort by Category >
>> Tables and related views).  You can also create your own groups.
>>
>> If you REALLY wanted to, I guess you could create your own add-in that
>> would be able to present the db objects in a treeview or other display
>> of your choice.
>>
>> -Tom.
>>

>> >I do.
>> >
>> >But I was referring to the "object menu" (where tables, queries, reports are
>> >stored).
>> >
>> >This is 1 level menu (with the option to group).
>> >
>> >Would be nice if to could be modified to a 2nd level or 3 rd level clickable
>> >menu...

0
Tom

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Mocrosoft Outlook 2007
I have had my computer for about 3 months and all of the sudden everytime I reply to an email in Outlook it freezes up the whole program. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart my computer. Any help out there. I have a Dell desktop wtih Vista. Do you have a program called Outlookaddinsetup in Control = Panel->Programs->Uninstall? If yes, uninstall it. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Donovan ask...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

How to remove IRM from Office 2007 Docs
Hello, I had to rebuild my box today. Prior to the rebuild I moved all files from all profiles onto a remote drive. My files & docs were protected on the existing build. Once the new build was completed, I am unable to access most docs. The doc title is in green text and the following message sp9ins up when I select one of the docs- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges (<drive>:\rebuild BU\file name) OS = Win XP SP3 Office = Office 2007 Thanks for any assistance~ Mark C. ...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...

Access 2007
How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. Thanks, Mike In form design view, select the controls that you want to ungroup, click on the "Arrange" tab above, then click on "Remove" (fourth button from the left in the Arrange toolbar) HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "Mike" wrote: > How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. > > Thanks, > Mike Wow that was right under my nose and I was missing it. Thanks! "Beetle" wrote: > In form design view, select the con...

Different ways to extract data from Access to Excel
I have been using Access 2003 and 2007 to read and do simple data (not design) repairs to old Jet databases that underlie a legacy proprietary data collection program my company uses. My latest challenge is to automate the extraction of certain data from the tables and put it in an Excel spreadsheet. Each time the extraction is done it would involve finding a certain table, searching for a record that meets the new criteria in a certain field, then moving over to another certain field and extracting the text, number, or date therein. I would really appreciate if anyone could point out ...