access 2003 jumps to first record of form when switching to another application

Hi, does anyone know what causes access (2003) to jump to the first
record of a form when you switch to another application? I have a main
form with a tab control. Each tab has various forms/subforms. This
behavior is happening with single forms, continuous forms, and
datasheet forms. It's really disconcerting when your working on a
record to have the application jump to another record everytime you
switch to another app. The database is split into front/backend.

Many Thanks

0
SteveF
10/2/2007 9:19:39 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Choosing subform fields from master form
Hello - I have a master form with 4 subforms. 3 of the subforms have only checkboxes. The boss wants to choose the checkboxes displayed in subforms. For example, this week the boss wants users to view checkbox1, checkbox2, checkbox5, and checkbox7 in a subform. The following week he wants users to see checkbox3, checkbox4, checkbox6, and checkbox 8. I'd like the boss to have an administrator console where he chooses what checkboxes will be available for the users.How do I handle this with a multiuser split database? Any ideas? Thanks! Steve -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com htt...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Menu Change back to 2003
Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! Hi Bo, You can't. However, there are various Add-ins that people have produced to mimick the old toolbars. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2269CDD-43F0-4138-BB86-07E685A1AFA8@microsoft.com... > Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word > 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! As macropod suggests there are add-ins that mim...

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding by Schedule
Hi, I have been looking for some VB code example, without any luck, on forwarding Exchange 2003 email accounts to another email account within exchange using a script. I need to forward and unforward on a schedule. Can anyone direct me to some info that would help me acheive this. Regards Brent Might not be a good solution but: AD Attrib altRecipient is the forward to option. You can easily put a script in place that will modify this value to a single user and then schedule the script to change the forward to as required. Of course AD replication is required after the change and it ...

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

Printing single record
HELP! I am using the following code under the ComandButton to print the current report from my form: Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[Num] = " & Me.[Num] DoCmd.OpenReport "Check Request", acViewNormal, , strWhere End If However, I keep getting the following error: The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

can you make one worksheet update another
I have two similar worksheets within the same workbook. One sheet is sorted by name and the other sheet is sorted by a date for a speicfic name. Is there a way to change the date on the sheet, sorted by name, and that will automatically find the name on the other sheet(sorted by date) and change the date to the second sheet? Jaime, The normal way is to have one table, and sort it as needed when needed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jaime S." <Jaime S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Outlook Web Access #19

Queue Data to another thread
Hi, I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so that Thread2 will process the queued data. What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? Thanks! Maanu wrote: > Hi, > > I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so > that Thread2 will process the queued data. > > What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? There is nothing built-in per se. But, a basic implementation will make use of the System.Collections.Generic.Queue<T> class, the Monitor class, and the "lo...