Access 2003 Form Question

I have an access database that I am using for site surveys.  In a nutshell,
there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail
section with the survey results.  The detail section shows a series of 30 or
so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated.  I am trying
to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the
detail section.   The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or
have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box.
After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table needs to be
populated depending on how the questions were answered.

Here is an example of what I want.

Header

Site -----                Date-----

Detail
Question 1 -------- Yes
Question 2 -------- No
Question 3 -------- No
Question 30 ----- NA

My problem is how exactly this form should be designed and how the answers
can get updated into my answers table when the user is finished.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

0
Jeff
3/10/2008 7:46:59 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Take a look at Duane Hookom's
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='At%20Your%20Survey%202000'

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Jeff" <findjeffajob@emailias.com> wrote in message
>I have an access database that I am using for site surveys.  In a nutshell,
>there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail
>section with the survey results.  The detail section shows a series of 30
>or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated.  I am
>trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response
>in the detail section.   The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type
>box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to
>the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table
>needs to be populated depending on how the questions were answered.
>
> Here is an example of what I want.

> Header
>
> Site -----                Date-----

> Detail
> Question 1 -------- Yes
> Question 2 -------- No
> Question 3 -------- No
> Question 30 ----- NA

> My problem is how exactly this form should be designed and how the answers
> can get updated into my answers table when the user is finished.
>
> Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

0
Douglas

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

Data entry form
Hi, I wonder if there is possibility to make list field interactive, like when user put firs letter then form showing resluts where first letter = "user letter" ? Becouse I have over 800 records and it is very dificult for user to find the one is looking for. regards Peter Piotr This macro will do what you want. This is how it works. When the user puts a character, say c, in B1, the entire sheet will scroll automatically to put the first row that starts with a "c" at the top of the screen. Note that this is a sheet macro and must be placed in the sheet module ...

outlook 2003 custom form no RTF
I was using Outlook 2002 sp3 till now. Used to create custom forms, publish it (with the option, save form defination with item as 'NO') in the personal forms library. Send the custom form to myself, and when I receive it, it used to be in rich text format(RTF) and wud display the custom form as it is. But now, in the same machine, am using outlook 2003,and suddenly, the RTF, is not being displayed. Instead, the inbox has html file, so I can view the custom form.. Pls help.. Thanks in advance What's the value of the MessageClass property for the item you received? = Has your m...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

Using SQL in MS Access 2000
I am trying to run some SQL script in MS Access 2000 for creating query. But its not take 'IF' and 'ELSE' command. Can someone guide me that how can I use IF and Else in MS Access 2000. Kind Regards, Muhammad Hasnain Raja You can't use If and Else in Access SQL. However, the IIf function is the equivalent. IIf(expr, truepart, falsepart) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <mhraja@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185887004.782732.108410@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run some SQL script in MS ...

adding gmail account in outlook on SBS 2003 R2
I'm running a SBS 2003 R2 and currently have each networked PC setup with an exchange email account. I have stopped using the exchange email accounts and would like to setup a (IMAP) Gmail account and I was able to setup the account through (outlook 2003) tools, account settings and adding a new account on a laptop that was not networked but when I try this on the networked PCs it does not work. I’m going to try to change some server settings but any help would be appreciated. -- TTK In article <F512405C-D5E6-4465-AFB0-1748EA5DC6C6@microsoft.com>,=20 TTK@discuss...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

publisher 2003 can't upload site Please Help
Greetings, I have tried to upload my 2003 publisher website for 4 hours. I know how to use ftp, I know how to use http due to the wonderful directions I found through this website. When I use FTP I get 'Publisher could not save the fiel to the Web. Check your URL or network connection'. I check them and they are fine. When I use HTTP the programs stops responding, the page goes white and this can be verified by ctrl alt delete and you can clearly see the writing not responding. After I get it shut down I get a error report. Error signature: szAppName: MSPUB.EXE szAppVer:...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

What rights to assign to gain login (user access error after incidentally removing some AD rights)
Hi, in our demo environment, one of the demo users in MSCRM (sales, "central region") somehow has been a little bit "crippled" in AD, but not disabled. Nor has it been disabled in CRM. I reassigned all rights in AD, taking one of the other users ("western region") as an example. In MSCRM, the user still looks fine and has never been deactivated. I still get a "user access error" when logging into CRM (online). 1. What are the crucial points/rights to gain access in CRM? 2. If I delete the user and create one (even with same name), all existing tasks/ob...

disable forwarding feature exchange 2003 in OWA
Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for exchange 2003? we would like to restrict mailbox forwarding to an administrative only task. thank you team! -- nick If you did this, what would prevent the user from simply using the "Reply" function and changing the recipients address or creating a new email and pasting in the contents of the messages they want to forward? On Mon, 3 May 2004 15:44:52 -0400, "Nicholas Oneil" <nick@logicworks.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for &...

a question about software design
Thank you for your answer. I think that information with which we provided you wasn$B!G(Bt full. As following: 1.This is function design for a project, not simple program coding. 2.The project was designed to implement managing communication by VoIP between more than 2000 clients, as what telephone exchange machine do. So the designing system will not only send or receive some data from socket, but also the implement logic processing, communication information management, DIO control. And the latter is main and important. 3.To communicate between processes in network by using ...

Public Folder Propagate Settings question
In reading through the Exchange documentation on public folder replication and public folder moving to other servers in the site, there is a reference to going to the public folder top level, and clicking on "propagate settings". What it doesn't clarify is, if you have already established MAPI permissions on some sub-folders, and have already established NTFS security settings on some other sub-folders, will these permissions be overwritten with the propagated top level values? I want to replicate all my public folders to another server in the site without having to enable rep...

customize view and form for KB articles
Hi all, I have found URLs on this newsgroup for (unsupported) customization of several CRM views and forms that don't offer this by default. However, the URL's for customization of the view and form for KB articles were not included. Can someone supply those? Thank you for replying. Basman Hi Basman, If you want to do unsupported customization of views (at your own risk) you can browse SavedQueryBase table in CRM database to find views and their ID-s. I found knowledge base views using following query: SELECT * FROM SavedQueryBase WHERE (Name LIKE '%KB%') ...

Project Server 2010 Beta Questions re: SharePoint 2010 Beta and Windows client requirement
Does SharePoint 2010 Beta come with the Project Server 2010 Beta or do we need to download SharePoint 2010 Beta separately? If so, which SharePoint 2010 Beta needs to be downloaded, "Enterprise CAL Features" or "For Internet Sites Beta, Enterprise"? Am I correct in reading (in MSPROJECTEXPERTS documentation) that "Windows Vista or higher" is required for the client? Folks, we never went to Vista and just now are looking at upgrading users from XP to Windows 7 - not across the board either. If you MUST be running Windows 7 to even use PWA, that is ...

TAb forms in Access 2007
I am new to using Access 2007 and I would like to be able to split a large table across many forms using tabs as a way of doing it - like a normal filing system. E.g. tab for name, then contact details, training information, etc. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out, as I do not see a method in 2007. Barry, With you form open in design view, click on the Design Tab in the ribbon. One of the control selection buttons looks like a tab control. It should be on the right of the Check mark, but the tool tip will tell you. Click on it then click on your form. To...

Outlook 2003
Hi Am running outlook 2003 on a new Core2 duo running Vista Home Premium with all M$oft updates applied. When I receive emails that are supposed to have photos attached, I often receive them in plain text format with HTML code. The pictures are converted to a bunch of spurious characters eg; --_ab33f5dc-d792-409c-946f-7e6261a82e82_-- --_0b4657a7-168c-456f-a2b3-35bc796bdbf1_ Content-Type: image/jpeg Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_0434.JPG" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAAEAtAC0AAD//gAfTEVBRCBUZWNobm9sb2dpZXMgSW5jLiBWMS4wMQD/2wCE AAwICQsJCA...

Two unrelated questions
Two unrelated questions =96 Word 2003, WinXP Home 1. Right now, when I fire up Word, it opens empty, and I have to click on =93new=94 to open a blank page. I assume this has to do with normal.dot, but I'm not sure how to make the change. 2. I frequently open an article in the IE browser, and wish to convert the text to a Word document. To date, I highlight the desired text, then click Ctrl-C to copy it, open Word to a blank page and click Ctrl- V to paste the text. Is there a way to create a virtual Word printer, so that after highlighting the desired text, I could simp...

Open a program and program file from Access VBA
OK. First off, I am wanting to know if this can even be DONE :) I am wanting to program a command button on a form to open another application and then run a file pertaining to that application based on the "part number" value in a field on a form. I know that command buttons can be programmed to open applications using the command button wizard. However, (an this is just my train of thought), can VBA take the value from the part number field, then look into a specified folder (or two) and find the file to open? Any help on this is most appreciated. Thanks :) Yes, VBA can tak...

Form Based on Combo Box
Hi All,I want to have a form filtered by the value in a combo box. I have atable that has a Date, SSN, contract number, and 2 dollar amounts. Iwant to select a SSN from the combo box, and then have the form showall of the contract numbers along with the values. I also want to beable to change these values also.The caveat is that I only want to show the latest value, based ondate.As always, I appreciate any help!...

Question on Mutex
Hello, The following code is being invoked when multiple files are selected from the contextmenu. The first selected file enters into the "WAIT_OBJECT_0" case and the messagebox properly displays the filename. The second file enters into the "WAIT_ABANDONED" case. The remaining files enters into the WAIT_OBJECT_0 case properly. Does anyone know why the mutex handle gets abandoned ONLY after processing the first file...the mutex handle was released properly without any errors. The scenario can ge repeated many times with the consistant results. Thank You! #include &...

Excel 2007 - Rows - Height
I am having difficulties using the Rows/Height/Autofit Row Height setting. When I autofit row height for cells that have greater than ~1250 -1300 characters, autofit will not set the row height beyond that number of characters. I can manually set row height. My row heights are no where near the maximum of 409.5 points. I have tried setting auto height from the ribbon and by double-clicking the line between each row, but still no luck. Am I missing something here? Thanks, John ...

Problem re-loading Office 2003
I have a fully certified copy of Office 2003 which was working fine and no problems at all - but after the hard-drive failed on my Vaio pc - I had to use the emergency disc to recover the XP system after a new hard-drive was installed. All my old programmes loaded like a dream - except Office 2003 that started the set up and then an error message came up - Waiting for cabinets to be cached - then missing file L2561412 and set up failed. I trawled through the web to try and find a solution and someone suggested that this was because 2003 was not locating the CD drive to locate...

Outlook 2003 Reminder for Past Appointments
This was a follow up on a previous post about reminders in outlook. I was looking for a way to turn off reminders for all items that I added prior to the current date and time (which was truely annoying). I could not find any setting that does this in outlook if you know of one please let me know! What I ended up doing is writing some code to turn them off when the appointment is added and I have listed it below for anyone else that is annoyed by this "feature". To use it just open outlook go to tools, macro, visual basic editor and paste the code in there. You will have to allo...