Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

I'm setting up a new business relationship with a company in Portugal. They
use Access 2003. I have just bought MS Office Professional 2007 (with Access
2007). Our plan is that they will send, once a month or so, their Access db
then we will update and add to that db and then return it after another month
or so. There probably won't be a lot of updates on our end so the monthly
cycle should work. After they synchronize, they will send a new version of
the db and we will start over.

My goal is to keep everything as simple as possible partially because I
don't know how skillful they are and it's been several years since I've
worked with Access but I am quite familiar with CRM applications like this.

I want to avoid pitfalls and complications and so I need guidance on the
best and simpleist approach. The MS support team says that the Portuguese
version of Access will not be a problem and the online support info
indicates, that at our end, we should open the Access 2003 db when we get it,
and then save it as a 2003 db and then work on it. Then we will return it to
our partners so they can "synch" with our updated" relplica.

I've read the message forums on this topic and even though our approach is
very basic,  I'm aprehensive that our partners will experience complications
that will be difficult to resolve. I say this because I know how complex
"synchronization" can be and the forum questions and answers re-emphasize the
difficulties. Also, Ididn't see any questions addressing synchronization
between Access 2007 and Access 2003.

I will appreciate and advice you can offer.

Thanks ,
Bill

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=be4cc9bf-1706-4bbb-a32f-d3d1c3693df2&dg=microsoft.public.access
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Menu Change back to 2003
Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! Hi Bo, You can't. However, there are various Add-ins that people have produced to mimick the old toolbars. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2269CDD-43F0-4138-BB86-07E685A1AFA8@microsoft.com... > Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word > 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! As macropod suggests there are add-ins that mim...

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding by Schedule
Hi, I have been looking for some VB code example, without any luck, on forwarding Exchange 2003 email accounts to another email account within exchange using a script. I need to forward and unforward on a schedule. Can anyone direct me to some info that would help me acheive this. Regards Brent Might not be a good solution but: AD Attrib altRecipient is the forward to option. You can easily put a script in place that will modify this value to a single user and then schedule the script to change the forward to as required. Of course AD replication is required after the change and it ...

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

access mail on WEB

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...

Exchange 2003 deployment
I have set up to domains, x.com and y.x.com as child I have set up exchange server 2003 on x.com, i have not installed exchange server at y.x.com I have set up management tools to DC at y.x.com, when i create a user, my exchange servet at x.com i displayed but mailbox store is null. Do i have to setup exchange also to y.x.com in order to use exchange both at x.com and y.x.com The account that you are logged in with needs to have the correct permissions in the Exchange organization to see the mailbox stores, the minimum permissions needed would be View Only Admin. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange...