Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)

Hi.

I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007.
Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures
is Form_Current event, which contains something like

std = "SELECT ....."
Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std

The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression
you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist."

Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

0
lan
9/4/2007 11:49:09 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite
as sticky about the syntax.

To refer to a control on a subform, you need to use

Me!NameOfSubformControlOnParent.Form!NameOfControlOnSubform.RowSource

(in case it's not obvious, the difference is the .Form between the subform
control name and the control name)

Note that the name of the subform control on the parent form may be
different than the name of the form being used as the subform.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"lan yu" <angel.dumott.schunard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007.
> Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures
> is Form_Current event, which contains something like
>
> std = "SELECT ....."
> Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std
>
> The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression
> you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist."
>
> Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

0
Douglas
9/4/2007 12:25:46 PM
Doug, thank you for reply.

Unfortunately, it still gives the same error.
I also tried
Me.Controls("NameOfSubformControlOnParent").Form
but it doesn't help.

On Sep 4, 4:25 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
> Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite
> as sticky about the syntax.
>
> To refer to a control on a subform, you need to use
>
> Me!NameOfSubformControlOnParent.Form!NameOfControlOnSubform.RowSource
>
> (in case it's not obvious, the difference is the .Form between the subform
> control name and the control name)
>
> Note that the name of the subform control on the parent form may be
> different than the name of the form being used as the subform.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>
> "lan yu" <angel.dumott.schun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi.
>
> > I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007.
> > Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures
> > is Form_Current event, which contains something like
>
> > std = "SELECT ....."
> > Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std
>
> > The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression
> > you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist."
>
> > Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

0
lan
9/4/2007 12:43:30 PM
Are you sure you're using the correct name for the subform control?

Also, is the control in question on the subform a combo box or list box?

Rather than showing fake names, what's the exact code you're trying to use?

--

> Doug, thank you for reply.
>
> Unfortunately, it still gives the same error.
> I also tried
> Me.Controls("NameOfSubformControlOnParent").Form
> but it doesn't help.
>

> On Sep 4, 4:25 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
> <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
>> Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't
>> quite
>> as sticky about the syntax.
>>
>> To refer to a control on a subform, you need to use
>>
>> Me!NameOfSubformControlOnParent.Form!NameOfControlOnSubform.RowSource
>>
>> (in case it's not obvious, the difference is the .Form between the
>> subform
>> control name and the control name)
>>
>> Note that the name of the subform control on the parent form may be
>> different than the name of the form being used as the subform.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>
>> "lan yu" <angel.dumott.schun...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi.
>>
>> > I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007.
>> > Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures
>> > is Form_Current event, which contains something like
>>
>> > std = "SELECT ....."
>> > Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std
>>
>> > The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression
>> > you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist."
>>
>> > Anyone has any ideas how to fix this?

0
Douglas
9/4/2007 2:44:39 PM
Yes, I'm using the correct name. The control name was the same as the
name of the form used as a subform. I changed the control name to be
sure that what I'm addressing is the control.
Right now the control name is: subfUchastki
The source object is:

The control in question is a combobox, but the progrm can't access the
form itself.
When I add watch for Me.subfUchastki.Form, it gives an error ("The
expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
exist")
The code is as follows:

Private Sub Form_Current()
  Dim std As String, kod As Integer
  kod = Me.   _     _
  std = "SELECT [                     ],      ,      ,       ,
       , [   ] FROM [                           ] WHERE [
      ] = " & kod & " order by [   ],      "
  Me.subfUchastki.Form![             ].RowSource = std
  Me.subfUchastki.Form![            ].RowSource = std
End Sub

On Sep 4, 6:44 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
> Are you sure you're using the correct name for the subform control?
>
> Also, is the control in question on the subform a combo box or list box?
>
> Rather than showing fake names, what's the exact code you're trying to use?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)

0
lan
9/5/2007 4:15:48 AM
Great. The parts of code that were in Russian didn't show up.

0
lan
9/5/2007 4:17:23 AM
Where are you entering that code? In the Current event of the parent form,
or the Current event of the form being used as the subform?

Assuming the Current event of the parent form, it should work. You might try
renaming the controls to non-Russian, just in case that's the issue.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)

> Yes, I'm using the correct name. The control name was the same as the
> name of the form used as a subform. I changed the control name to be
> sure that what I'm addressing is the control.
> Right now the control name is: subfUchastki
> The source object is:
>
> The control in question is a combobox, but the progrm can't access the
> form itself.
> When I add watch for Me.subfUchastki.Form, it gives an error ("The
> expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> exist")
> The code is as follows:
>
> Private Sub Form_Current()
>  Dim std As String, kod As Integer
>  kod = Me.   _     _
>  std = "SELECT [                     ],      ,      ,       ,
>       , [   ] FROM [                           ] WHERE [
>      ] = " & kod & " order by [   ],      "
>  Me.subfUchastki.Form![             ].RowSource = std
>  Me.subfUchastki.Form![            ].RowSource = std
> End Sub
>

> On Sep 4, 6:44 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
> <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
>> Are you sure you're using the correct name for the subform control?
>>
>> Also, is the control in question on the subform a combo box or list box?
>>
>> Rather than showing fake names, what's the exact code you're trying to
>> use?
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)

0
Douglas
9/5/2007 11:54:13 AM
"lan yu" <angel.dumott.schunard@gmail.com> wrote in message
Yes, I'm using the correct name. The control name was the same as the
name of the form used as a subform. I changed the control name to be
sure that what I'm addressing is the control.
Right now the control name is: subfUchastki
The source object is:

The control in question is a combobox, but the progrm can't access the
form itself.
When I add watch for Me.subfUchastki.Form, it gives an error ("The
expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
exist")
The code is as follows:

Private Sub Form_Current()
  Dim std As String, kod As Integer
  kod = Me.   _     _
  std = "SELECT [                     ],      ,      ,       ,
       , [   ] FROM [                           ] WHERE [
      ] = " & kod & " order by [   ],      "
  Me.subfUchastki.Form![             ].RowSource = std
  Me.subfUchastki.Form![            ].RowSource = std
End Sub

On Sep 4, 6:44 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
> Are you sure you're using the correct name for the subform control?
>
> Also, is the control in question on the subform a combo box or list box?
>
> Rather than showing fake names, what's the exact code you're trying to
> use?
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)

0
banty

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Menu Change back to 2003
Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! Hi Bo, You can't. However, there are various Add-ins that people have produced to mimick the old toolbars. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2269CDD-43F0-4138-BB86-07E685A1AFA8@microsoft.com... > Does anybody can tell me how to change the word word 2007 menu back to word > 2003 menu?Word 2007 is a nightmare for me! As macropod suggests there are add-ins that mim...

Exchange 2003 Email forwarding by Schedule
Hi, I have been looking for some VB code example, without any luck, on forwarding Exchange 2003 email accounts to another email account within exchange using a script. I need to forward and unforward on a schedule. Can anyone direct me to some info that would help me acheive this. Regards Brent Might not be a good solution but: AD Attrib altRecipient is the forward to option. You can easily put a script in place that will modify this value to a single user and then schedule the script to change the forward to as required. Of course AD replication is required after the change and it ...

outlook 2003 custom rules and spam filtering
I'm trying to set up rules to move emails from different accounts to different folders. The rules work fine except that spam filtering is not being processed on the accounts that get moved. In other words, I have one "main" account that I have go to the inbox - it has the spam rules apply. The other "secondary" rules go to specific folders - they do not have the spam being processed. Sounds like my custom rule is pre-empting the spam filter rule(s). Is there a way to chain the two together so that spam filtering happens first and then the mover (or vice versa ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Calculation Error in Money 2004 Small Business
When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for example, the result correctly shows as 4150. However, if you go to Invoice and enter 80hours @ $51.875, it shows 4150.40 - Calculation bug? MS Online Assisted support confirmed the problem. They also found that if you enter the numbers in reverse i.e 51.875h @ $80, it correctly shows 4150. So it looks like Money 2004 erroneously rounds off the per hour labor rate to two decimal digits 80*51.88 = 4150.40). >-----Original Message----- >When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for >example, the result corre...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

How to remove the Outlook 2003 system tray icon
Hi, Somebody please tell me that there is an option to remove the rather redundant icon Outlook 2003 places in the system tray area! I've been through the options many times but can't seem to find any way of getting rid of it. Thanks muchly Paul You can't get rid of it. You can however hide it. Just right click the Task Bar. Choose Properties. Choose Customize. You can set the Outlook Icon to always hide (in Windows XP only). -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the new...

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Access

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

Import Wizard Error
We're trying to import leads from a tradeshow into MSCRM 1.2. I utilize the Import Wizard, find the source .csv, map the fields (and ensure none of them are blank), and press import. I receive the error: "A system error occurred while the data was being imported. The Import Wizard will now close." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kind Regards, Anthony Uliano President/CTO AMC Technology, L.L.C. Anthony.Uliano@amctechnology.com is your crm web server running on a port other than port 80 ? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Anth...

access mail on WEB

Making Errors Bubble Up From Other Apps?
I've got code running behind an Excel command button. The code instantiates a copy of MS Access and then runs routines in the MS Access .MDB. The .MDB has error handling, but it's running out of sight of the Excel user and I can't figure out how to make it pass any errors it has up to my Excel code, so I can handle them there (i.e. format the message and pop an error reporting dialog to the user). Anybody been here? -- PeteCresswell ...

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Outlook Web Access #19