Access 2002 vs 2003 01-11-10

I have Access databases in 2002 format. I am upgrading to Office 2003. The
question is is there a difference between the 2002 format and the 2002-2003
format.
I am planning on leaving my programs in 2002 format but using Access
2003--any problems with this?
Thanks,
Stanley
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

No problem! Access2003 is backward compatible meaning it can run earlier
versions of Access. Access2002 is not forward compatible meaning you will
not be able to run an Access2003 database from Access2002.

Steve
santus@penn.com

"Stanley" <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Access databases in 2002 format. I am upgrading to Office 2003. The
> question is is there a difference between the 2002 format and the
> 2002-2003
> format.
> I am planning on leaving my programs in 2002 format but using Access
> 2003--any problems with this?
> Thanks,
> Stanley

0
Steve
1/11/2010 6:46:03 PM
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:31:01 -0800, Stanley
<Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have Access databases in 2002 format. I am upgrading to Office 2003. The
>question is is there a difference between the 2002 format and the 2002-2003
>format.
>I am planning on leaving my programs in 2002 format but using Access
>2003--any problems with this?
>Thanks,
>Stanley

The actual database format did not change; in fact both 2002 and 2003 (and for
that matter 2007 when using .mdb files) use the same format.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:31:01 -0800, Stanley
><Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I have Access databases in 2002 format. I am upgrading to Office
>>2003. The question is is there a difference between the 2002
>>format and the 2002-2003 format.
>>I am planning on leaving my programs in 2002 format but using
>>Access 2003--any problems with this?
>>Thanks,
>>Stanley
>
> The actual database format did not change; in fact both 2002 and
> 2003 (and for that matter 2007 when using .mdb files) use the same
> format.

Actually, I think the VBA project format was altered slightly, since
the MDEs are not backward-compatible from 2003 to 2002.

David

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Hot link in office outlook 2003 inoperatable
When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what settings do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks ka0mow wrote: > When I click a hot link in my Outlook 2003 I don't get any action, what > settings > do I need to make this happen, I always could perform this in Outlook > Express all versions. Hot Links that are in blue letters. John in Ks You mean a "Hyper link, not a "hot" link. Have you installed IE7? -- Registered Linux User no 24...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

Outlook 2003 setup
Thanks for the help so far, everyone. Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo account? Ta. Check out this site: http://www.ypopsemail.com/ "cameleonkelle" <cameleonkelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FA06750-130F-44EA-B114-063B88DC6FC9@microsoft.com... > Thanks for the help so far, everyone. > Is there a way to get outlook to send/receive email from a free yahoo > account? > Ta. ...

Money 2003 password problems
Hi, I run Windows XP and Money 2003. I recently moved all my "c:\documents and settings" to another drive, which involved me having to make registry changes so windows knew where the "My documents" and "Shared Documents" had moved to. Everything worked fine, although I had some problems with MS money after the move so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again (the exact same version). Since I have reinstalled it, the password I used to use to open my money file is not recognised. I am 100% certain that I am using the correct password. I tried using salv.exe to...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Cannot attach vCard file to Sugnature in Outlook 2003
If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an error message: "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder" On Oct 15, 1:44=A0pm, nickolay.co...@gmail.com wrote: > If I try using a vCard for signature in Outlook 2003 I receive an > error message: > > "Can't create file: xx.vcf. Right-click the folder you want to create > file in, and ten click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your > permissions for the fol...

Outlook 2003 Crash After Install Office 2003 SP3
Hi, My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3. it says: outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we are sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem . and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read mail. write mail or any time. what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed? -- Gordon I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine. Couple of thoughts to get you started... 1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s) 2) Exclude the .PST file extension from r...

adres labels, from excel 2003 ?
Hello, can I writhe adress labels from excel 2003 ? if i can, please tell me how . Thank you ! -- Greetings from Dorthe Hi, The easy way if you have your names and addresses in Excel, is to use Word. Go to Tools/Letters and Mailings. Use your Excel file as the data source. Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10356353.aspx -- Greetings from Dorthe "Dave Curtis" skrev: > Hi, > > The easy way if you have your names and addresses in Excel, is to use Word. > Go to Tools/Letters and Mailings. > Use your Excel file as the data source. > > Dave > >...

E-mails Missing in Outlook Express 2003
My E-mail messages were compacted this afternoon and now all of my E-mail messages dated from 1-12-07 to today 03-22-07 are missing. How can I retrieve them? -- Ray10X10 This is a Office Outlook newsgroup. You should repost this to the = Outlook Express newsgroup. Meanwhile here is a snip from a post by Bruce Hagen MVP-OE <snip> The bak files are created in the Recycle Bin when you compact,=20 OE uses dbx files which are the ones backed up as bak files. . If you are using OE, this is how to restore dbx (bak) files. All e-mail items may be missing when you start Outlook Express...

Accounting with Ms Access