Access 01-16-08

how do i get access to count days starting with a date, then adding a number
of days and giving me a due date.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Dear,

Try to use the DateAdd

e.g. DateAdd("m",2,[YourDateFiled]), which will show a date 2 months later
than your date.

GeorgeC

Ο χρήστης "bazzat" έγγραψε:

> how do i get access to count days starting with a date, then adding a number
> of days and giving me a due date.
Try count("dd-mm-aaaa") and it answer the number of day between now.

"bazzat" <bazzat@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> how do i get access to count days starting with a date, then adding a
> number
> of days and giving me a due date.

0
Vincent
1/16/2008 11:02:40 AM
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 01:01:01 -0800, bazzat <bazzat@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how do i get access to count days starting with a date, then adding a number
>of days and giving me a due date.

Put a calculated field in a Query by typing

DueDate: DateAdd("d", [numberofdays], [startingdate])

Instead of [numberofdays] you can just type a number - 14 for 14 days etc.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Can't get access to my attachments
Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows how to gain access to personal email attachments when a message appears that says 'oe removed access to the following unsafe attachment'. This is happening with all my attachments, and I know that none of them have a virus. Help would be appreciated. Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:273ae01c463e1$b40bcc40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there. I am wondering if ...

Web Access
How does one go about setting up outlook web access? If you have Exchange 2000 Server, it should be configured "out of the box". Exchange 5.5 requires you to install it separately, but it's pretty easy to configure. Which version of Exchange are you running, Adam? -- Regards, Chris Burnham Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------------------- "Adam" <akinney@ceesi.com> wrote in message news:02c201c347d3$e7a3d050$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one go about setting up outlook web ...

File Access History
Is there anything in Excel that will show a history of who accessed, modified, and/or saved an Excel workbook other than what's in the file properties dialog box? Thanks in advance. :) hi, Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Formula").Range("IQ2").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).FormulaR1C1 = Now() Sheets("Formula").Range("IQ2").End(xlDown).Offset(0, 1).FormulaR1C1 = Application.UserName End Sub we use this in some of our files to record who opened the file and when. (sssshhhhh. no one is suppost to know...) you might be able to add the same code to...

Accessing the companyweb from the server
I am not able to open up the companyweb from the server console logged in as administrator. Why is that and what can I do to correct this problem? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01CAF831.BFAA1080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/04/17/authentication-issues-acc= essing-companyweb-from-the-server-itself-after-963027.aspx --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed http://ww...

Getting data from Access to Excel
Hi, i don't know if any body can helps me on this issue i wrote a code as below but no data goes to recordset i think this is because of date format or something like this because i can copy the fieds name the vaiables FrstDate shows "12/31/2009" and LstDate shows "1/28/2010" please help. Sub bbb() Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection Dim str1 As String Dim sID As String Dim iCost As Integer str1 = "" sID = "" Dim sPN As String sPN = "" Dim i As Integer ...

Subform problem 01-19-08
This is a repost of an original message posted January 18th. I think the issue died with those that were looking at it, so I am posting hoping for some help. I have a form where I put bills in for a company and break them down into some detail. There are bills for cellphones, electricity, heating oil, and cable. I have a main form "BillsNew" that has fields that I choose the payee from a combo box. After I make the choice, a vlookup runs and pulls from another table the type of bill and some other various details. I have code that runs to open a subform based on the information...

Question: Access & Publisher??
Hi out there... I've an Access database (some data is names/addresses/etc)... and a Publisher template (with 8-10 Styles). I want to make a phone directory. I've tried googling "Access to Publisher"... and came back with alot of Access->Word hits... Didn't come up with anything useful on Publisher-FROM-Access either. Can someone point me to where I should start?? Thanks in advance, Steve What version Publisher? In earlier versions you can use a straightforward mail merge. In Publisher 2003-07 Catalog Merge would be good. Publisher recognizes Access databa...

Runtime error '2450' Microsoft Office Access...
...can't find the form, 'frmRptStores' referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code. I definitely have the form, 'frmRptStores' amongst my forms. In fact, DoCmd. OpenForm "frmRptStores" successfully opens the form. But the following line fails: Set Frm = Forms("frmRptStores") The frm variable is set as follows: Dim Frm As New Access.Form Any help would be appreciated -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else" Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Bill, Your form frmRptStores ne...

access repot/form
I need to make a form AND a report showing price times quantity where the price is determined by the date of the entry. Prices change often and I need to select the correct price for the entry as well as print past entries. "SolarComputing" <SolarComputing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:040E8560-8E59-44B3-A5B2-975E083D5F79@microsoft.com... >I need to make a form AND a report showing price times quantity where the > price is determined by the date of the entry. Prices change often and I > need > to select the correct price for the ...

Location of Microsoft Access 2003 Custom designed Toolbar file
Where is the Microsoft Access Custom Toolbar (the one I have created icons on) located on the hard drive? What is the actual file name Thanks! There is no particular file. If you create a custom menu/tool bar, then that is contained with the database... The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database window etc). Also, using these options means you do not have to bother setting up security. Try downloading ...

export into excel from access error
Hi, I've got an access application which produces a report, then the report outputs into excel. The excel application opens automatically when you run the access report. However, whilst the report is being produced Excel generates an error message saying that "can't expand named range" and fails to produce the report. It works fine if there are no rows in the query, ie it automatically opens the excel spreadhseet and populates the header. It also works fine for other users, so it has to be some enviromental issue with Excel? Thanks very much in advance, Panos I...

Access Yes or No Box
Hello, Is it possible to put a "Yes/No" box in Excell like Acess has. I know I can put True or False in the cell, but it would be easier just to be able to click on a little box. Thanks. HI, You could have a look at data validation as an option. ( You would need some hidden cells with yes / no in them ) << Data > Validation > List >> Regards Pete -- (][ This Email has been scanned by Norton AntiVirus. ][) "Chipmunk" <Chipmunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2F5479A-2D8D-4FB9-9A17-C08E792A831E@microsoft.com... > ...

Lotes Notes DB migration to Access
Does anyone know of a tool to migrate text-based databases from Lotus Notes 4.6 to Access 2002 ...

macro help #16
I have the following macro written: Sub SaveFile() Dim newFileName As String Dim curMonthName As String Dim curYear As String Dim curCenter As String Dim curCounty As String curMonthName = MonthName(month(Range("C4"))) curYear = Year(Range("C4")) curCenter = Range("E1") curCounty = Range("C1") newFileName = curMonthName & " " & curYear & " " & curCounty & " Billing CT" & curCenter ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ newFileName, FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:=&...

Attaching a 2003 Access data base to an email for use with Office
I was using Win XP with Office 2003 and have just installed Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail with Office 2007. I have two other sites which also are using Office 2003 and heretofore, we have had no problems emailing data bases back and forth. But now, Windows Live Mail won't permit our exchanging .mdb files as we have in the past. So, I was told that if we change the .mdb to ..txt we could email and get by Windows Live validation. That does get by the validation, but I am having the problem of changing the .txt data base to ..mdb and getting it to open in Access. Any sugge...

automate copying text in Word doc to Access db
I’m having trouble with the following process: Access 2003 Database: WordDocImport.mdb Table: WordDocText Field_A: text field link/hyperlink to a MSWord document: C:\demowordfile.doc - The document contains no fields and is merely text Field_B: memo field currently empty Need to: In a macro automate the process of importing/copying The text in the Word document C:\demowordfile.doc into the Access table WordDocText’s Field_B Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide David Tyler, Toronto, Canada What kind of trouble are you having exactly? "davidtyler&...

Sending Mail 08-30-10
I have been using Windows Live Mail for several months and have sent and recieved email. Now when I try to send I get this message; An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Server: 'mail.avisrd.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I can send mail on my other computer using Outlook and I have deleted the account from Windows Live Mail and reinstalled and get the same message. I currently have one message with no attachments in the Out Box. Any suggestions? Is the S...

Images on a Form [ms Access 2007]
I do volunteer work at a local Museum. I have set up an Access DBase using ms Access 2007. It has an image table - each record lists several details about a scanned image the Museum holds and the last field holds the full Image Path. The Image Form shows the details one record at a time and has an Image Frame on it. How do I code the form so that the Image changes as each record changes? Bob "Bob Matthews" <rgmatthews@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message news:4b607417$1@news.orcon.net.nz... >I do volunteer work at a local Museum. > > I have set ...

Access 2007 Reports- seperate header title from detail in design
In report design In prev versions I could click on the data detail or the header and change the size, delete either or move one without the other. how is it done in access 2007 In A2007, to hide a header, footer or data section, you set its visible property to No, on the format tab of the report's property dialog. You can resize a report section by dragging the title bar below it ( or what ever the bar at the top of each section is called), just as in previous versions. Hope this answers your question. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia ...

Access question
Our Help Desk is trying to give access to the following menu, but can't seem to find the correct setting: <transactions><financial><financial deferral>. Can someone help point me in the right direction so we can get it accomplished? Thanks Merle: They'll find the deferral items in Advanced Security here - Set the View to: By Dictionary Look for Revenue Expense Deferrals The deferral windows are listed there. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access
Exchange 5.5. Suddenly, users are unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access. Message size doesn't matter. I have 2 XP and 1 NT4 workstations on my desk. 1 XP system had the above problem, the others worked fine. I have rebooted the XP system that worked and now it can't forward or reply in OWA Haven't made any changes in the web or Exchange servers Thanks Dan Popup blockers blocking the additional popup browser window? Try holding the Ctrl key while clicking Reply or Forward. Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided &...

how to add a OLE field to a data access page
In my kaleidoscope table, I have a field for .bmp pictures (OLE data type). When I try to make a Access 2003 data access page, the field for pictures is never listed as a choice field to show. How can I add it so that when I change the record to a different scope (on the data page) that the picture I entered in its record appears ? I know that it's easy to do with forms. Tia. ...

CRM Reports Move 08-15-07
I am moving my CRM reports from the server where CRM was installed to a new server. I have allready moved the database to the new server and it works fine. I am moving the reports to the report server. I have run the downloadreports.exe on the old server and have the folder where the reports are. I copied them to the new server. I have mapped the CRM folder from the old servto the X: drive so that the Publishreports command is available. In the CMD window I go to The d:drive where the report folder is. I open the folder where the Publish.config file and the MSCRM folder is. I run the ...

access 97 to 2000 conversion
One of my users has a simple access 97 database. I have taken a copy and put it on my machine with access 97 installed and can access it and do whatever I want. I have then put this copy onto a test machine with access 2000 installed and when I try to access the database I get "Current user account does not have permission to convert or enable this database" message. The database does not have any security and I and logging on with a network roaming profile (which should therefore set me up identically on both machines) Anyone any ideas as to what the problem might be ? I...

Handling concurrent access with excel spreadsheets
We have a scenario in my group where one user may be updating a spreadsheet, and 3 or 4 others may be accessing it in read-only mode at the same time. When all is said and done, it is not uncommon for nobody to be able to get into the sheet in update mode, even after all users who had been in the sheet have exited. This seemed to become an issue with the introduction of Windows XP. Short of trying to convince people to only go in one at a time, does anyone have any concurrent access tips to offer? Or, is there a way to inquire on all enqueues against a given sheet and then ...