A2007: container

Does A2007 have some kind of contariner control as we know it from VB?
0
windows
3/4/2007 2:28:28 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Allforms Collection in another db (A2007)
I want to walk through the Allforms collection (and the querydefs, etc collections) from one db("object") to another("source") (both A2007). I want to use the last modified date from the source db to populate a listbox on the object db. I'll then ask the user to select the forms (queries, etc.) he wants to transfer to the object db. Similar to the Access Wizard, except the Access Import wizard doesn't tell me anything about the forms, queries, etc. I'm transferring. Anyway, how do I refer to the forms collection on another database using vba? ...

Popup containing a Slider control?
I'm currently writing a small app using VC++ and MFC (especially the latter is still a bit new to me), and in one of the dialogs, I want to place a TreeView control, where right-clicking on an element pops up a Slider for adjusting a numerical value associated with the clicked element. I think I figured out most of the event handling mechanisms already, so that's not the problem, the problem is that I am not entirely sure how to create such a 'context control' instead of a context menu. To be a bit more specific, it's supposed to work like this: the user right-clicks an it...

A2007 runtime
I'd like to convert my current app to A2007 to make use of some of its features but my client doesn't want to install Office 2007 yet. If I distribute the A2007 runtime for my app, will the users run into issues when trying to open other Access applications. Specifically, if they open my A2007 app using the shortcut provided and then double click on an A2003 database, will that cause the A2007 runtime to open the database or the A2003 version? I don't know all the older Access applications that they use so I can't distribute shortcuts to avoid the "which version ...

Finding Numbers with Cells that also contain letters
Hi All, I have a column of data, the cells are filled with numbers and comments of text, they do not consistantly follow suit i.e the numbers are at the beginning of the cell necessarily. I want to be able to find where the numbers are and extract them into another field. Does anyone know of a formula that can do this? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Hi, Adam- I know it can be done with VBA, but I'm not sure about a formula. If you get no answers feel free to contact me at Cyclezen(at)yahoo(d0t)com. The VBA code is simple and direct. Dave O Hi see: http://www.d...

A2007: container
Does A2007 have some kind of contariner control as we know it from VB?...

access contains several objects explain the purpose of the four c
access contains several objects explian the purpose of the four most common? Patricia Perhaps you should take your homework over to an MS Access news group rather than post in this MS Excel group. Here is a listing and links to all MS groups. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:24:03 -0700, "patricia" <patricia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >access contains several objects explian the purpose of the four most common? ...

Not all text wraps in a cell containing large amount of text
A cell contains several paragraphs of text. Only the first dozen or so lines of text wrap. The rest doesn't wrap and each following paragraph can only be seen partially. I would try the following: Select the column or Cell and go to "FORMAT CELLS" select "Alignment" - "Vertical Alignment" - then select "TOP" and also ensure the "WORD WRAP box is checked. The default is usuall "bottom" and then if you have a narrow row - it will sometimes only show the first line. You might also have some paragraph returns entered. Insert a column ...

A2007 mis-feature?
When I edit a table with a unique primary key, that is composed of more than one field, and enter duplicate values (ie. duplicate key) I can't leave the record (which is OK) but Access 2002 doesn't tell me that I entered duplicate key (which is NOT OK). Is that just a mis-feature of A2002?In A97 there's a message box telling user that a duplicate key was entered. Is there any workaround for A2002, eg. global DB settings?TIAVlado Wrong title, correct one should be: A2002 mis-feature?Sry...Vlado"Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku news:eaw...

delete row off 5 worksheets containing specific value
Good Afternoon all, Wonder if someone could give me a suggestion here - I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. What I would like to do is have the user type in a value into an input box, and if that value is found either in column A or column B on Sheet1,Sheet2,Sheet3,Sheet4,Sheet5 (if its on one, it will be on all 5) for it to delete the entire row. Can this be done? if so, please could you suggest a method Thanks so much, I appreciate the assistance. Regards, Paul If it is on one sheet, will it be on the same row on the other four sheets or just somewhere else...

Compile error when converting from A2003 to A2007
Converted working Access 2003 apps to Access 2007. Now get compile error on this code in a subform:: Dim rs As Recordset Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone strCriteria = "[chrTitle] = " & """ENTER TITLE HERE""" rs.FindFirst strCriteria <----- COMPILE ERROR - Method or data error not found Forms!fsub1Author.Form.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Set rs = Nothing "Me" is the subform record set with recordSource "tblBooks" and filter "[chrLastName]='Parker' AND [chrFirstName]='Robert' " The error seems to oc...

Count if cell contains a comma
I want to count the cells which contain a comma. Is it possible to do something like: =COUNTIF(B2:B53,FIND(",",B2:B53)>0) -- Thanks, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail =COUNTIF(B2:B300,",") Try this out ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 20:02:29 -0600, "Fred Smith" <fredsmith99@yahoo.com>...

How do I block all e-mail that contain special characters?
As a brute-force method of getting rid of spam, how can I set up Outlook Express to delete all e-mail messages that contain ANY special characters? I don't need the whole host of foreign characters, symbols, bracket/curly brackets, and the like. When I've attempted to set up a rule to exclude a character, it doesn't seem to work... thanks, da cub This site may help: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=24362&cid=2641548 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ma...

LDAP query that contains everyone in an OU for an address list
I'm not very familiar with LDAP, but I'm wanting to create an address list based on membership in an Exchange 2003 OU. For example, I have an OU called New York where we put all our New York contacts and mailboxes. When a new contact is created in there the address list would automatically display them. Has anyone done this before? Thanks, Phillip phillipwendell@yahoo.com wrote: >I'm not very familiar with LDAP, but I'm wanting to create an address >list based on membership in an Exchange 2003 OU. Queries that use OU's won't work. >For example, I ha...

Selecting cells that contain text in a specific format
Hi all, I have a list of clients who are extracted from access but I need to change the saluation from the clients initials to Sir/Madam. For Example Surname Firstname Salutation ------------------------------------------- Smith G Sir/Madam Andrews A B Sir/Madam Green R C L Sir/Madam Jones Mary Mary Initially, I was just going to highlight any entries in the firstname column that contained a space give the a value of true which would change the saluation to Sir/Madam. However this does not take into ...

field contains "Planning"?
hi all, i have a field called status, which can have a few different values, eg. "Pre Planning", "Planning", "Plannning Appeal" i want to use conditional formatting on a continuous form to say that if the [STATUS] field contains the word "Planning" the backcolor will show as orange. (therefore showing all 3 stages as noted above as Orange, although they are 3 different things) if there is an alternative way to do this through code, that would also be welcome. can someone help? kirstie Hi Kirstie, Conditional formatting can do this for you....

Query where 3 Fields must contain same value
I would like to write a query that pulls records where the value in 3 different Columns is the same. Example: Return records where each field below contains same value Return below records Field1 | Field2 | Field3 | 150 150 150 Do not return rows like below Field1 | Field2 | Field3 | 175 26 15 -- Brian Conner Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/200911/1 WHERE Col1 = Col2 AND Col2 = C...

A2007 Mix/Max buttons missing
When I try to design a new form in A2007 it is always maximized and the Min/Max buttons do not show despite the appropriate property settings. Furthermore I cannot change the value of the Moveable property, it is locked to No. However forms designed under A2003 and brought forward behave as expected. (The exception is that the Moveable property is set to Yes for Modal, Pop-up forms but the Min/Max buttons still do not show.) Another symptom is the the Windows category does not show on the Ribbon. I've searched the KB to no avail. Any thoughts? I run A2007 SP1 under Windows Vist...

Window containing Excel is cut-off
I'm using Excel 2000 and Windows 2000. The blue band across the top of the window containing Excel -- where "X Microsoft - Book 1" is displayed on the left and minimize/maximize/close symbols are displayed on the right -- is truncated vertically when I have window maximized. This does not happen with any of the other Office 2000 apps that I'm using. How can I fix this? Try this, change your screen resolution to its maximum resolutuion, now you should be able to see the entire window and resize it. Hit the maximize button and change your resolutiion back to your norm...

Column in CSV file contains "03/04" should not display as 3-Apr -.
I have a column in CSV data that contains "03/04" which is an Australian financial posting year. Our finacial year is July 1st to June 30th. When I open this CSV file with Excel it interprets this data as a date - 3rd April. To make matters worse, it adds 2004 as a year, so changing the column to Text gives me 38080 not 03/04. Is there a setting somewhere that can tell Excel NOT to interpret data fields. If you change the file extension to TXT, then when you open the file you'll see the Text Import Wizard. It will let you specify that this column is text rather than a d...

Close container application
Hi everyone! I have created an activex control by using mfc. This control consists of a dialog where the user can interact with the control. Now I have added this activex control to an mfc dialog based application. When i press the close button (x) on the activex control dialog I just close the activex dialog, and I then have to close the dialog hosting the control afterwards. I am wondering how I can make my activeX control shut down the container applicaiton as well? Thanks! > I have created an activex control by using mfc. This control consists of a > dialog where the user ca...

DCount on Report A2007
I have a TexxBox on a report which returns an event date or, if no date, returns "Pending". I have called the TextBox "txtEvent". =IIf([EventDate] Is Null,"Pending",[EventDate]) No Problem here. Now I want to count the "Pending" =DCount("[txtEvent]","MyReportName","[txtEvent] ='Pending'") This returns "Error" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 06:16:24 +0200, Tom Ventouris wrote: > I have a TexxBox on a report which returns an event date or, if no date, > returns "...

How to link text boxes containing grouped text and photos and auto
I will have a hundred grouped text boxes and photos in my project. Each group will contain three or four text and photo boxes. These groups do not require autoflow to other text boxes. However, I will need to rearrange them and edit them in my publication. When I add a new group or move one I want the remaining boxes to flow automatically from page to page. I new to publisher and lost. Not quite sure what you are asking. If you have, say, three text boxes and a couple of pictures grouped, there is no way for two of the text boxes to be on one page and the rest of the group flow to the ...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Selecting cells containing spcific character(s)
Hello, I need to know how to get Excel to select all cells within a specific column that contain a specific character. In this instance, I need to select all the cells which contain a comma... And even better would be if I could get Excel to not just select all the cells in a specific column containing a comma, but each of the rows in which those cells reside. I hope this makes sense and someone can help me. Thanks. -- ianwitt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ianwitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3...

How to search for all emails that contains a specific keyword?
Using EXCH 2003. I'm trying to find all email messages in all mailbox's that contains a certain keyword. When found, I would like to export the emails into a pst so that they can be viewed. I've tried using exmerge but it will only let me search by subject or attachment. Is there anything in Exchange 2003 that will let me do this or do I need some kind of 3rd party message filtering software? Thanks. Unfortunately, Exchange does not ship a tool or utility that will allow you to do this. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== ...