A2003 Msysxxxxxx tables

How do I suppress the display of the Msysxxxx tables
from the database tables directory display. I don't know
what role, if any, they play with the other various tables,
reports, queries, etc. that might be a part of my application.
But, from what I can tell on the surface of things, they are
of no consequence to me.

0
Bill
4/30/2007 12:54:39 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi, Bill.

> How do I suppress the display of the Msysxxxx tables
> from the database tables directory display.

Those are the system tables, and you don't really need to see them, but they
do need to be there in order for your database to function normally.  To
avoid displaying them in the Database Window, select the Tools -> Options...
menu and select the "View" tab.  Uncheck the Show System Objects check box
in the upper right of the window, then select the "OK" button to save your
change.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

"Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message
> How do I suppress the display of the Msysxxxx tables
> from the database tables directory display. I don't know
> what role, if any, they play with the other various tables,
> reports, queries, etc. that might be a part of my application.
> But, from what I can tell on the surface of things, they are
> of no consequence to me.

Thanks Gunny, I had just stumbled onto that as I was looking
to answer another question as to why when I build a new form
using the wizard that my text boxes display with the up/down
arrows? I couldn't see anything in the text box format properties
that indicated vertical scroll bars for each box?????
Bill

"'69 Camaro" <ForwardZERO_SPAM.To.69Camaro@Spameater.orgZERO_SPAM> wrote in
message news:%23FR50PsiHHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi, Bill.
>
>> How do I suppress the display of the Msysxxxx tables
>> from the database tables directory display.
>
> Those are the system tables, and you don't really need to see them, but
> they do need to be there in order for your database to function normally.
> To avoid displaying them in the Database Window, select the Tools ->
> Options... menu and select the "View" tab.  Uncheck the Show System
> Objects check box in the upper right of the window, then select the "OK"
> button to save your change.
>
> HTH.
> Gunny
>
> See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
> See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
> Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
> http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
> info.
>

> "Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message
>> How do I suppress the display of the Msysxxxx tables
>> from the database tables directory display. I don't know
>> what role, if any, they play with the other various tables,
>> reports, queries, etc. that might be a part of my application.
>> But, from what I can tell on the surface of things, they are
>> of no consequence to me.

0
Bill
4/30/2007 1:21:30 AM
Hi, Bill.

> why when I build a new form
> using the wizard that my text boxes display with the up/down
> arrows?

That happens when the field size property of the column is large.  Remove
the scroll bars by opening the form in Design View, then selecting the text
box and opening the Properties dialog window.  Select the "Format" tab and
change the Scroll Bars Property to None.  Save the form and open it in Form
View.

> Thanks Gunny, I had just stumbled onto that as I was looking
> to answer another question as to why when I build a new form
> using the wizard that my text boxes display with the up/down
> arrows? I couldn't see anything in the text box format properties
> that indicated vertical scroll bars for each box?????
> Bill
>

> "'69 Camaro" <ForwardZERO_SPAM.To.69Camaro@Spameater.orgZERO_SPAM> wrote
> in message news:%23FR50PsiHHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi, Bill.
>>
>>> How do I suppress the display of the Msysxxxx tables
>>> from the database tables directory display.
>>
>> Those are the system tables, and you don't really need to see them, but
>> they do need to be there in order for your database to function normally.
>> To avoid displaying them in the Database Window, select the Tools ->
>> Options... menu and select the "View" tab.  Uncheck the Show System
>> Objects check box in the upper right of the window, then select the "OK"
>> button to save your change.
>>
>> HTH.
>> Gunny
>>
>> See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
>> See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
>> Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
>> http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
>> info.
>>

>> "Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message
>>> How do I suppress the display of the Msysxxxx tables
>>> from the database tables directory display. I don't know
>>> what role, if any, they play with the other various tables,
>>> reports, queries, etc. that might be a part of my application.
>>> But, from what I can tell on the surface of things, they are
>>> of no consequence to me.

That one must have just gotten by me, as that was the first
place I had looked...........been a long day, SIGH!
Thanks,
message news:uxb0besiHHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi, Bill.
>
>> why when I build a new form
>> using the wizard that my text boxes display with the up/down
>> arrows?
>
> That happens when the field size property of the column is large.  Remove
> the scroll bars by opening the form in Design View, then selecting the
> text box and opening the Properties dialog window.  Select the "Format"
> tab and change the Scroll Bars Property to None.  Save the form and open
> it in Form View.
>
> HTH.
> Gunny
>
> See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
> See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
> Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
> http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
> info.
>

> "Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks Gunny, I had just stumbled onto that as I was looking
>> to answer another question as to why when I build a new form
>> using the wizard that my text boxes display with the up/down
>> arrows? I couldn't see anything in the text box format properties
>> that indicated vertical scroll bars for each box?????
>> Bill
>>

>> "'69 Camaro" <ForwardZERO_SPAM.To.69Camaro@Spameater.orgZERO_SPAM> wrote
>> in message news:%23FR50PsiHHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi, Bill.

>>> Those are the system tables, and you don't really need to see them, but
>>> they do need to be there in order for your database to function
>>> normally. To avoid displaying them in the Database Window, select the
>>> Tools -> Options... menu and select the "View" tab.  Uncheck the Show
>>> System Objects check box in the upper right of the window, then select
>>> the "OK" button to save your change.
>>>
>>> HTH.
>>> Gunny
>>>
>>> See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
>>> See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and
>>> tutorials.
>>> Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
>>> http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
>>> info.
>>>

>>> "Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message

0
Bill
4/30/2007 2:02:02 AM
You're welcome.  There are a _lot_ of properties listed on the "Format" tab,
so it's easy to miss one the first time through.

> That one must have just gotten by me, as that was the first
> place I had looked...........been a long day, SIGH!
> Thanks,
> Bill
> "'69 Camaro" <ForwardZERO_SPAM.To.69Camaro@Spameater.orgZERO_SPAM> wrote
> in message news:uxb0besiHHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi, Bill.
>>
>>> why when I build a new form
>>> using the wizard that my text boxes display with the up/down
>>> arrows?
>>
>> That happens when the field size property of the column is large.  Remove
>> the scroll bars by opening the form in Design View, then selecting the
>> text box and opening the Properties dialog window.  Select the "Format"
>> tab and change the Scroll Bars Property to None.  Save the form and open
>> it in Form View.
>>
>> HTH.
>> Gunny
>>
>> See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
>> See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
>> Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
>> http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
>> info.
>>

>> "Bill" <stanton@jps.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Gunny, I had just stumbled onto that as I was looking
>>> to answer another question as to why when I build a new form
>>> using the wizard that my text boxes display with the up/down
>>> arrows? I couldn't see anything in the text box format properties
>>> that indicated vertical scroll bars for each box?????
>>> Bill
>>>

>>> "'69 Camaro" <ForwardZERO_SPAM.To.69Camaro@Spameater.orgZERO_SPAM> wrote
>>> in message news:%23FR50PsiHHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

How do i slant the headings on a table?
i would like to slant the headings of the titles in a table to make them easier to read and fill in. thanks This is not possible in Word (though you can rotate the text to vertical). You could embed an Excel sheet and do it there. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Gemma Jones" <Gemma Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212F9C73-6868-4DBD-9F96-36A1F1C2AAE6@microsoft.com... >i would like to slant the headings of the titles in a table to make them > easier to read a...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

Table Cells
In Word 2007, is there a quick way to determine what table cell you the insertion point is in? I have a vague recolleciton of a feature to do this in earlier versions of Word. Thanks, Ross See if either of the macros at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/SumAboveIncorrect.htm and http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm will work in Word 2007. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ross from Orlando" <rossp@rosspayne.net> wrote in message news:efe3a4eb-2f63-4060-b7ad-86471be0dcca@j24...

table #4
In Excel 2002 I have the following table; Column G Column H Row 33 30 $1.05 Row 34 45 $1.00 Row 35 60 $0.95 Row 36 90 $0.85 Row 37 120 $0.79 What I want to do with this is if the value in I5 is 1-30 I want the value from H33 put in J5, if the value in I5 is 31-45 I want the value in J5 to be H34, if the value in I5 is 45-60 I want the value in J5 to be H35, if the value in I5 is 61-90 I want the value in J5 to be H36, and if the value in I5 is ...

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

password protected file with pivot table errors
Hey friends, We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file get ruined! In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to them). Fr...

pivot tables-changing format
I'm trying to copy my pivot tables directly in to word which in itself is no problem. But I have trouble formatting the cells. For example every time I change something in pivot table to a supper or subscript, it changes back. And I can't get rit of those grey areas in the upper left. I know I could copy out of it and into a spreadsheet, but I guess its always nice to be linked to the original data. I could take adjacent cells to the pivot table and set them equal to the cells in the spreadsheet, so there is an alternative solution. But if you have thoughts a more direct solu...

maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with?
why is there a maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with? is it really the count of indexes + statistics? I've seen plenty of documentation that states that typically DSS systems have twice as much index space as data space.. So I don't think that it's a case of 'over-indexing' I'm just tired of a crippled Jet front end and other people making me 'temporarily drop my indexes' so that they can link to my tables using Jet. has this bug gone away with Access 2007? Is it going away with Access 2010? ...

please suggest....pivot table not getting created
Hi.. i have posted the same in progrmaming section also... ia mworking on this and unable to resolve a already running macro is giving sucha problem..any help would be higly appreciated. I am creating a pivot table in a new sheet. and now the pivot table in the new sheet is not getting created somehow (#$%^&) and its processing on thesame sheet from whihc it has to take pivot values and gives a error "do u want to replace of destination cells in RawData?" here is the piece of code where i create a pivot table in a new sheet. the new sheet gets created but somehow the p...

Pivot Table #22
Hi, In Excel 2007, how do I source a pivot table from another pivot table in the same workbook? In Excel 2003 it had a function in the wizard to do this but in 2007 it doesn't seem to. Thanks, David. ...

Pivot Table Question
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K I have a pivot table with a number of headings. Whenever I refresh the table the columns always adjust to autofit the headings. I would like to know is there any way that you can fix the column widths on a pivot table so that when you refresh the data they do not go back to the original with. Thanks, any help is much appreciated John Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose Table Options Ensure that Preserve Formatting is turned on, and AutoFormat is turned off. Click OK John Calder wrote: > I run Win2K with Excel 2K > > I have a pivot ...

CREATE TABLE using Xml Schema
I want to dynamically create tables in a SQL Server 2000 database that are modelled after XML schemas. I will not know what the schemas might look like until the documents arrive. For example, I'd like to convert this schema: <xs:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" > <xs:element name="OrgLevel"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="code" type="integer" /> <xs:element name="desc" type=&qu...

Progress bar for Pivot table
Dear All, Do anyone know how to create a progress bar while the pivot table refreshing on opening of the excel spreadsheet? your help is much appreciated! ...

Is it possilbe to have multiple tables of content in a single doc?
I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents. I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another. Is it possible? WORD 2007 Yes it is. Here is a link that may help:- http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/table-of-contents-iii-use-fields-to-create-a-toc-and-create-multiple-tocs-RZ010266698.aspx?CTT=1 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "ev@" wrote: > I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents. > > I`d like to isolate the two tables from one a...

ID is not an index in this table 01-09-08
Have created a database in Access 2007 (2003 fomat) which runs on 2003. One datafile containing all tables and data, and a 'program' mdb file containing the forms, reports and VBA code, having links to the tables in the data file After a while the progam file starts up with the message "ID is not an index in this table" while ID is not in use in my own tables. Looks to me that somehow one of the system tables gets corrupted. Wondering which system table... and more wondering WHY it get corrupted Replacing the 'program' file with the original version solves th...

Pivot Table Question #7
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

Copy Word tables to Excel
I'm sure there might be a solution, I just can't find it now..... I have a table in Word that might or might not contain "returns." I want the table in Word to copy EXACTLY as is into Excel. If I have Don (hard return) Mike in one Word table cell. It splits this into two cells in Excel. Any way to prevent this. Pasting as a Word document is not an option Thanks so much in advance. Replace the hard returns in Word with end-of-line marks (hold down shift key when you press Enter). "Don" <dcardoza@gibbonslaw.com> wrote in message news:16a501c51061...

Pivot table, dynamic data formula
I set up a dynamic formula as noted on the Contextures website <http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html#Dynamic> . I have multiple pivot tables in my worksheet. I would like to set up the pivot tables so they refer to the 1st pivot table, which references the dynamic formula range. In the pivot table wizard,when I change the data source for each of the pivot tables to the 1st pivot table, click "finish" and go back into the wizard to see what data the table is referring to, it always comes up with the dynamic formula, not the 1st pivot table. I believe the dra...

How to design relationship between tables
Help please, I tried to set up an Toner tracking DB, I have five tables so far 1. MakeID, Make 2. ModelID, MakeID, Model (to generate the Model based on Make) 3. PrinterID, ModelID, SerialNum, MacAddress 4. TonerID, ModelID, Toner, Price (each Model has one or more toner) 5. Invoice, PrinterID, TonerID, Date, Qty I set up an form which user can use a combo box to choose the printer serialnum then the subform (table5 - table style) will allow user to enter the inovice number, date, qty and toner type for that printer. I want the user be able to choose the toner based on the printe...

Adjust an Excel table with the width of a Word page
Hol=E0 has todos los Excel users!! Here is my small problem (way of speaking, because for me it is an enormous problem, but for you, it is undoubtedly nothing.): Under Excel, I have a macro that creates several tables on several sheets (1 table per sheet). This macro selects and copies each table into a page in Word. The problem is that the number of columns is variable : at the time of copying, the table doesn't not fit the width of the Word page. That's why I'm seeking a way to do the following things : 1) calculate the number of columns of the xls table 2) find the width of ...

partitioned tables
Hallo all, Lets say i have a table called Persons with columns ID,PersonType, first name and surname. -ID is the real key (the one with the non duplicate values) -PersonType is the column i would like to partition my table on it. Given that it is required to have a clusterd index with the partition column Should i create a unique clustered primary key with both columns (ID,PersonType) or should i create a clustered index on PersonType and a non clustered unique index on ID? If its the first option, in which order should i place the coluns when i design the table a...

SQL 2005 view vs table execution?
When you excute your query a table using via view, does it compilies each time when you query or does it uses any kind of stored data in the memory pool? Is it querying directly the table always faster (small, medium or huge) than directly querying the table? ...

All data on pivot table rows
The table below is an example of a pivot table query. Is there some option that I can select that will cause each line to contain all values (e.g. Row 2 Column 1 would contain 16/03 and Row 2 Column 2 would contain Mon, and so on). 16/03 Mon Admin 0.4 C2000 0.6 Dale 8.3 Tue Dale 7.5 Wed Admin 0.9 Dale 7.5 Thu ACM 0.5 Dale 8.5 Fri ACM 1 Admin 1 Dale 6.1 The row headings show once in...

to copy pivot table as new sheet with same format
How I can copy a pivot table to another worksheet without missing its format. But in the new worksheet should behave as normal sheet can possible to insert a new column , delete a column . Please kindly request ur advice Pol Select the entire table, copy, and pasted keeping the source formatting in a new worksheet. "pol" wrote: > How I can copy a pivot table to another worksheet without missing its format. > But in the new worksheet should behave as normal sheet can possible to insert > a new column , delete a column . Please kindly request ur advice &g...