Hello,

I have a fairly large (For Access - its slated to be transferred to
MySQL) backend that allows the user to use the database's front end
normally to store and retrieve data. However when I try to open the
database I get the Error "The microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped
the process because you and another user are attempting to change the
same data at the same time".

This isn't true because I have it on my local computer.

I've tried importing to a new DB file and I get the same error. The
original DB will not open to allow import (show table list) and show
error message in subject line of this post.

I've been reading through other forum posts and tried JetComp.exe and
that also gave me an error.

Also I've read that since the users can use the file normally its
probably an issue with one or more of the system tables. However no
one has addressed how to solve this case.

Can someone please help me as soon as possible as this DB file
contains very important information and if fails will cause the group
to be "Dead in the water"

Thanks in advance,

Josiah

0
josiah
7/30/2007 11:24:45 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

At times like this, nothing beats a good backup.  In fact make a complete
backup of your database now and put it away for safe keeping.

Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Allen Brown also has excellent info on corruption.
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

I have a white paper in a Word document named Fix Corrupt Access Database
towards the bottom this page:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"josiah.mcdonald@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a fairly large (For Access - its slated to be transferred to
> MySQL) backend that allows the user to use the database's front end
> normally to store and retrieve data. However when I try to open the
> database I get the Error "The microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped
> the process because you and another user are attempting to change the
> same data at the same time".
>

> This isn't true because I have it on my local computer.
>

> I've tried importing to a new DB file and I get the same error. The
> original DB will not open to allow import (show table list) and show
> error message in subject line of this post.
>

> I've been reading through other forum posts and tried JetComp.exe and
> that also gave me an error.
>

> Also I've read that since the users can use the file normally its
> probably an issue with one or more of the system tables. However no
> one has addressed how to solve this case.
>

> Can someone please help me as soon as possible as this DB file
> contains very important information and if fails will cause the group
> to be "Dead in the water"
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Josiah

Aswered in Security where you posted at 7:21 AM.  Try cross posting the next
time.  To do this in the Newsgroups section put the different groups you
want to post to seperated by a comma.

--
Gina Whipp

II

<josiah.mcdonald@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a fairly large (For Access - its slated to be transferred to
> MySQL) backend that allows the user to use the database's front end
> normally to store and retrieve data. However when I try to open the
> database I get the Error "The microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped
> the process because you and another user are attempting to change the
> same data at the same time".
>

> This isn't true because I have it on my local computer.
>

> I've tried importing to a new DB file and I get the same error. The
> original DB will not open to allow import (show table list) and show
> error message in subject line of this post.
>

> I've been reading through other forum posts and tried JetComp.exe and
> that also gave me an error.
>

> Also I've read that since the users can use the file normally its
> probably an issue with one or more of the system tables. However no
> one has addressed how to solve this case.
>

> Can someone please help me as soon as possible as this DB file
> contains very important information and if fails will cause the group
> to be "Dead in the water"
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Josiah

0
Gina

Changing the language.dat files
How do I get the manager program to use updated language from the MGRLanguage.dat file. I understood that I could go in there and change labels or names but after I do this do I have to reindex or sort them in order for the changes to take effect? (I exited Manager and went back in but no changes....). Al, The MGRLanguage.dat file is not used to change labels or names. It is used to translate from English to other languages. Kevin "Al" <no@email.com> wrote in message news:uTBrBKCfEHA.2824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get the manager program to use updated langu...

Data Label for XY Scatter Plot
I tried using code that John Mansfield had posted a while back with a modification and its not working right. I get the following error: "run-time error '91'" My data is on a worksheet and the chart is on a chartsheet and I have set the code to run when this chartsheet is activated. To give you a little more background series 1 & 2 of this chart are line graphs and series 3 is the xy scatter graph. I was hoping someone could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong and why I'm getting the error above. Below is the modified code: Sub AttachLabelsToPoints() ...

Block SMTP service on some users
We have setup Exchange Server to handle internal e-mailing for privacy purposes. We can also send e-mail via SMTP through our DNS. However, we would like to disable some users from sending e-mail to the internet but can continue internal e-mailing. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html Leif <kevin@econsynergy.com> wrote in message news:1151865237.576232.82130@h44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We have setup Exchange Server to handle internal e-mailing for privacy > purposes. We can also send e-mail via SMTP through our ...

Combo box data vanishing
In a continuous form, I have a task field combo which is used to filter options for a position combo AND a materials combo. The position combo works fine, and materials combo works fine in the current record, but once I move to a new record, the entry in the materials combo vanishes. It's saved to the appropriate table (options), but just looks (at best) unprofessional, hard to edit, etc. Also, the edit form built from the same setup displays a dialog when opening that asks for the task and only displays the material selected for the same task as entered. All combos were set up in...

Microsoft Search
Hi, I posted this in SQL newsgroup and got a suggestion of turning off MS Search; however, I wanted to make sure it's not needed by CRM before turning it off. I'm running 1.2 on a box with W2k3 Ent, SQL 2k, and Ex2k3. The past week I started noticing the hard drive and DVD-ROM lights lit up every sec nonstop. It just goes on forever. When I checked EV I found that MS Search was running every 15 minutes lasting 6 seconds each time. Is MS Search needed by CRM? I don't have anything else running on SQL except for CRM. Thanks so much. I think microsoft search is required fo...

Error 3197
Why am I getting this message "Microsoft Jet Engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same record at the same time." when I am the only one in the database? -- Ruth Are you using a form and subform that have the same table as their recordsource? You might try using queries rather than using a table directly. Ruth wrote: >Why am I getting this message "Microsoft Jet Engine stopped the process >because you and another user are attempting to change the same record at the >same time." when I am the only one in the ...

Extract data
:mad: On sheet 1 of the wrkbook I have data under various headings lik user id, user name, client name, error 1, error 2, error 3, etc. On th 2nd tab I have the user names. Now I want to extract the rows with dat from 1st tab having the names listed in 2nd tab in the 3rd tab whic the macro shud create itself. This is to be done since the data is of several teams and takes quit some time in copying data using filter option -- mohitmahaja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mohitmahajan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Year end close with 1 database and 5 entities
I have one data base with 5 entities. Each entity has its own Retained Earnings account. MGP only allows one Retained Earnings account to be used when closing the year. I currently now must do a journal entry to reclass each entities Current Year activity out of that one Retained Earnings account and to its own Retained Earnings account. I have been using 12/31/yy as the date of the reclass entry. It however creates an out of balance for each entity's Balance Sheet. The out of balance amount is the Current Year's activity. So: 1. Does anyone else have this issue? If you...

Does Access 2007 corrupt 2000 database queries?
I have a database that I made a small edit to last night on my Vista machine running access 2007. The database is on a network shared drive (not ntfs). The query still opens fine on access 2007, but on my XP machine running office 2000, when I open or try to edit the query, Access 2000 just closes with no error message at all. There is also no entry made in the application event log. When I attach my debugger, Visual Studio reports an unhandled exception at 0x1b018900 in MSACCESS.EXE Access violation writing 0x00040ffc So, clearly the file's not working somehow. So, two questions...

How do I change the color for highlighting cells
I am relatively new to Excel and have just started using Excel 2007. The color used when highlighting a cell is a very faint grey and hard to see. I was wondering if there was a way to change it This is a problem that several others have complained about - you're not alone! There doesn't seem to be a good way to do anything to change it using Excel 2007's 'native' settings. You can try changing the color scheme, but I personally don't see much improvement using any of them. However, you may try Chip Pearson's RowHighlighter add-in and see if that doesn&#...

MS CRM would have to be able to change the name of the BUs
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1e714783-27ff-45ac-ad85-af62aa45571d&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

Cannot start Microsoft office outlook 2007 02-09-10
Hi, Outlook was working fine for me last night but today when I try and boot it, I get the following error message: Can't start Microsoft Office Outlook Can't open teh outlook window The set of folders cant be opened. The operation can't be performed because the object has been deleted. I've tried that /resetnavpane command to no joy. Any ideas? Cheers Which mail account type are you using? In case you are using a POP3 account, verify if your pst-file is still in its configured location. If it is not there, check your Recycle Bin or the Quarantine folder of y...

Upgrade Microsoft Money 97 ES
Hi all, I would ask you some question that is rounding my brain some days ago. I have a Windows Vista installed on my one-year-old laptop and Microsoft Money 97 in Spanish. I'm using Money for home accounting management and I want to upgrade the version of Money to 2007 or anyone earlier than 97. I have heard my .mny file can't be upgraded between two different language version of Money but I don't know if any version of Microsoft Money in spanish has been released. Could you tell me if there is any version earlier than 97 in spanish? How can I upgrade the version? Thanks in...

Conditional change to cell color
I would like to make the color of a cell become "yellow" by formula or automatically, when the number in the cell exceeds a certain quantity. Any help? Richard wrote: > I would like to make the color of a cell become "yellow" by formula or > automatically, when the number in the cell exceeds a certain > quantity. Any help? Format-Conditional Formatting. "Cell value is greater than", 2, format to yellow Format | Conditional Formatting will do this for you. Select the cells in which you want this to happen. Then, just choose the value you want, ...

User cannot see intranet
I have an SBS 2003 SP1 server with Sharepoint installed for a local intranet. I have a user that cannot see it. She is in the same groups as others who can see it and she is in the list of intranet users as a contributor, but she still can't see it. What might be the problem? I assume you mean she can not see http://companyweb ? is that it? Is the PC getting the IP from the SBS server? and the DNS of the PC pointing to the SBS Server? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz ...

Disabling flags in Microsoft outlook
Hi, I wonder if anyone could please assist me. When one of the users in the office sends an email to the director, it keeps on adding reminders even though none was specified in the mail. The boss dont appreciate having to cancel the reminders the whole time. Have tried to remove the flags as the mail is received, but sometimes it still pops up. Please advice Regards Fritz Delport ...

Impoting notes / bulk changes od data
Can somebody tell me which is the table to import notes via DMF tool. The other question is which is the best vay to make bulk changes of data in CRM. I need to make monthly changes to pricelists. Thanks. Notes are stored in the annotationbase table in CRM. As for frequent bulk updates or imports, your best bet is going to be a product called Scribe (www.scribesoft.com) -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Mikkhail" wrote: > Can somebody tell me which is the table to import notes via DMF tool. > > The other question is which is the best vay to make bu...

Converting 97 database to 2000 database
We have been trying to convert a database over with resulting runtime errors and even one error during conversion that warned of a corrupted Visual Basic for Applications project. I noticed that the database would work in Office XP. (Although, we could not, and should not, make changes that db because we would lose Office 97 functionality). So I just made an experiment. I used Access 2002(XP) to convert the Database to Access 2000 file format. The conversion on this test copy of the database seemed to operate normally and I could now open the database in Office 2000. We have ...

Can't open Access database
Our Access database now resided on our Server. If one person opens the database from te folder it is in on the server, then no one else can go to the Access database from that shared folder on our server. Is that normal? ...

IE 7.0 and registry settings
Hi guys! I'd like to change some of IE7's security settings determining behavior of IE7 such as allowing JavaScripts or displaying (or not) alert dialogs. Where does the IE7 store all security-related settings in registry? Is there any interface that IE provides and could be used in Win32 app for this task? Thanks in advance for help! > I'd like to change some of IE7's security settings determining behavior > of IE7 such as allowing JavaScripts or displaying (or not) alert dialogs. > Where does the IE7 store all security-related settings in registry? Is > ...

Microsoft Dynamics Managed Newsgroups
On the customer source web site, when I click on "Discussions" and then "Access the Managed Newsgroups", the Managed Newsgroups Screen appears. My name is correct, my e-mail address is correct, and Managed User is checked. When I click on Save, the same screen reappears. When I click on Cancel, the Product and Service Summary screen appears. My service plan indicates that I should have access to managed newsgroups. I have attempted this on two different computers running - one running IE6 and the other running IE7. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

Updating Series Data for chart based on variable.
I'm trying to have VBA change the ranges for a chart based on the last row in a set of data. The row number has been set to "i". I already have Dim i as long at the beginning of my macro My code looks like this: Sheet6.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate With ActiveChart .SeriesCollection(1).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CH$17:$CH$" & i) .SeriesCollection(1).XValues = Sheet1.Range("$I$17:$I$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).Value = Sheet1.Range("$CG$17:$CG$" & i) .SeriesCollection(2).XValues...

Can I control other process UI and input some data ?
Hi How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input edit box or click button controls ? Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC912098-E45E-4A70-82C0-5816011877D8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input > edit > box or click button controls ? > > Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? > > Thank you . There is no all-purpose solution but many things can be done by...

BackingUp data
Hi may i know how i can backup my outlook contacts and other data into an external drive using outlook 2007 and 2003 "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546C619C-6F3B-4432-802F-26CA0D645638@microsoft.com... > Hi may i know how i can backup my outlook contacts and other data into an > external drive using outlook 2007 and 2003 Close Outlook and copy the pst file. It's as simple as that, as a search on Google or here would have told you. ...