2007 v. 2003

I have this database made in Access 2003. It contains some subforms on
a mainform. Works ok in Access 2003, opening instantly. BUT opening
this database in Access 2007 Access 2007 is calculating fields for a
long time (some 15 seconds) eventually showing everything ok. Why is
this happening?
Tried converting the database to Access 2007 format but same problem.

0
FunOne
10/5/2007 6:01:27 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Tried creating a2007 and importing the objects from 2003. But still
it's "Calculating . . . " for a looong time upon startup. It's
calculating subforms value's. These subforms, opened exclusively for
themselves, calculates the value right away.

J=2E Hollst=E9n

On Oct 5, 8:46 pm, Tom Ventouris
<TomVentou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have experienced this and other issues after conversion to 2007 from 20=
03.
> I do not know the cause, but all seem to be resolved by creating a2007 and
> importing the objects from 2003. Check your import specs and options to b=
ring
> in the relationships and menus.
>
> If you have menus in the 2003 version, you have the option to import them
> and will find these in the Add Ins menu of the 2007 version. Once in, you
> cannot edit or remove them, (as far as I can figure) so I have chosen not=
> import the menus and custmised the Ribbon for my users.
>
> Perhaps someone knows why the conversions presents this problem and how to
> overcome? If not, create and import is easy enough.
>
> Ps
> The "other isuues":
>
> Some code where Me! is used stopped working.
> Code to print reports stopped working but I figured I was taking shortcuts
> by not specifing all criteria, even ommited the "" place holders in some
> cases (early, very early attemts at design with code).
> Speed, but not just on opening.
> In one case, all the code behind forms and reports had disappeared,
> absolutely nothing in the VBA project. (Back up copies before the convers=
ion
> saved me)

0
FunOne
10/8/2007 5:30:20 AM
I have to leave this to the experts.

Sounds like the structure/content of the underlying queries or too many
calculated fields when the forms are all opened at once, (since they
calculate fast when opened individually) but I am not sure about this
suggestion.

"FunOne" wrote:

> Tried creating a2007 and importing the objects from 2003. But still
> it's "Calculating . . . " for a looong time upon startup. It's
> calculating subforms value's. These subforms, opened exclusively for
> themselves, calculates the value right away.
>
> J. Hollstin
>
> On Oct 5, 8:46 pm, Tom Ventouris
> <TomVentou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I have experienced this and other issues after conversion to 2007 from 2003.
> > I do not know the cause, but all seem to be resolved by creating a2007 and
> > importing the objects from 2003. Check your import specs and options to bring
> > in the relationships and menus.
> >
> > If you have menus in the 2003 version, you have the option to import them
> > and will find these in the Add Ins menu of the 2007 version. Once in, you
> > cannot edit or remove them, (as far as I can figure) so I have chosen not to
> > import the menus and custmised the Ribbon for my users.
> >
> > Perhaps someone knows why the conversions presents this problem and how to
> > overcome? If not, create and import is easy enough.
> >
> > Ps
> > The "other isuues":
> >
> > Some code where Me! is used stopped working.
> > Code to print reports stopped working but I figured I was taking shortcuts
> > by not specifing all criteria, even ommited the "" place holders in some
> > cases (early, very early attemts at design with code).
> > Speed, but not just on opening.
> > In one case, all the code behind forms and reports had disappeared,
> > absolutely nothing in the VBA project. (Back up copies before the conversion
> > saved me)

On Oct 8, 10:07 am, Tom Ventouris
<TomVentou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have to leave this to the experts.
>
> Sounds like the structure/content of the underlying queries or too many
> calculated fields when the forms are all opened at once, (since they
> calculate fast when opened individually) but I am not sure about this
> suggestion.
>
> "FunOne" wrote:
> > Tried creating a2007 and importing the objects from 2003. But still
> > it's "Calculating . . . " for a looong time upon startup. It's
> > calculating subforms value's. These subforms, opened exclusively for
> > themselves, calculates the value right away.
>
> > J. Hollstin
>
> > On Oct 5, 8:46 pm, Tom Ventouris
> > <TomVentou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I have experienced this and other issues after conversion to 2007 fro=
m 2003.
> > > I do not know the cause, but all seem to be resolved by creating a200=
7 and
> > > importing the objects from 2003. Check your import specs and options =
to bring
> > > in the relationships and menus.
>
> > > If you have menus in the 2003 version, you have the option to import =
them
> > > and will find these in the Add Ins menu of the 2007 version. Once in,=
 you
> > > cannot edit or remove them, (as far as I can figure) so I have chosen=
 not to
> > > import the menus and custmised the Ribbon for my users.

Yes, but funny that in 2003 they are calculated (almost) instantly.

Anyone tried migrating/ converting an Access project to Visual Basic
with some of the available tools out there?

J=2E Hollst=E9n

> > > Perhaps someone knows why the conversions presents this problem and h=
ow to
> > > overcome? If not, create and import is easy enough.
>
> > > Ps
> > > The "other isuues":
>
> > > Some code where Me! is used stopped working.
> > > Code to print reports stopped working but I figured I was taking shor=
tcuts
> > > by not specifing all criteria, even ommited the "" place holders in s=
ome
> > > cases (early, very early attemts at design with code).
> > > Speed, but not just on opening.
> > > In one case, all the code behind forms and reports had disappeared,
> > > absolutely nothing in the VBA project. (Back up copies before the con=
version
> > > saved me)

0
FunOne
10/8/2007 10:16:07 AM
Someone else posted that setting CanGrow and CanShrink (in the form's Detail
band) to No dramatically increased display performance in Access 2007.

"FunOne" <jari.hollsten@gmail.com> wrote in message
Tried creating a2007 and importing the objects from 2003. But still
it's "Calculating . . . " for a looong time upon startup. It's
calculating subforms value's. These subforms, opened exclusively for
themselves, calculates the value right away.

J. Hollst´┐Żn

On Oct 5, 8:46 pm, Tom Ventouris
<TomVentou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have experienced this and other issues after conversion to 2007 from
> 2003.
> I do not know the cause, but all seem to be resolved by creating a2007 and
> importing the objects from 2003. Check your import specs and options to
> bring
> in the relationships and menus.
>
> If you have menus in the 2003 version, you have the option to import them
> and will find these in the Add Ins menu of the 2007 version. Once in, you
> cannot edit or remove them, (as far as I can figure) so I have chosen not
> import the menus and custmised the Ribbon for my users.
>
> Perhaps someone knows why the conversions presents this problem and how to
> overcome? If not, create and import is easy enough.
>
> Ps
> The "other isuues":
>
> Some code where Me! is used stopped working.
> Code to print reports stopped working but I figured I was taking shortcuts
> by not specifing all criteria, even ommited the "" place holders in some
> cases (early, very early attemts at design with code).
> Speed, but not just on opening.
> In one case, all the code behind forms and reports had disappeared,
> absolutely nothing in the VBA project. (Back up copies before the
> conversion
> saved me)

0
Paul
10/8/2007 11:33:01 AM
I read that lot's of people shares this same problem; access 2007
totally poor performance opening databases made in earlier access
versions. What are we missing? Anyone sorted this out? Any folks at
Microsoft reading this? Help..

On Oct 8, 2:33 pm, "Paul Shapiro" <p...@hideme.broadwayData.com>
wrote:
> Someone else posted that setting CanGrow and CanShrink (in the form's Detail
> band) to No dramatically increased display performance in Access 2007.

0
FunOne

Backup file from either 2003 or 2005 to Money Plus Deluxe
My laptop died but I have my backup files of Microsoft Money (2003 or 2005?) Money was free with the Dell laptop so I don't have original disk. If I buy Money Plus Deluxe will it recognize my MNY file or my MBF file? I do not have the old Money program in order to be able to prepare the file as a QIF export file as the help support site suggests. I can not get Microsoft support until after I buy Money Plus Deluxe, but I want to make sure it will work before I purchase. Thanks for any insight. In microsoft.public.money, Peter Quagliano <Peter Quagliano@discussions.microsoft.co...

Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer
How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking? I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to use as my primary office application at this time. Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel files with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message news:R%LSj.2715$NZ7.901@newsfe10.ams2... >...

Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2003
Hi, We have just migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, now we are having issues where some users cannot view other users calendars and some users who could only see the calendar of a mailbox can see the whole mailbox. What I need to know is, how and where can I set the view for calendars to Reviewer? And how can I let other users amend calendars wiithout them having access to the whole mailbox? We used to setup the roles required from within outlook, but now, since the migration, it doesn't appear to work quite the same. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions most warmly apprec...

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

Mail Merge Outlook 2003/Word 2003 Not Working
Its that time of year again when we've all got to send out our xmas cards and woops I can't get the mmerge labels to work (using win xp sp1) Tried it from both outlook as a start point and word I've got quite a number of sub folders in my contacts their are two I'd like to individually mm to labels both are configured to be used as address books with 1, the contacts are selected from the outlook contact list and are shown in the dialogue box as: Personal Folders\contacts\friends but the names and addresses are not the same as the contacts I actually have in the folder calle...

Money 2003 not updating
About a week ago I could not get Money 2003 to update. When I click on Update Now the program hangs and I have to end the task. I have tried updating only my bank info, only portfolio and only money, but it hangs no matter what options I check. I reinstall Money and it still hangs on any update. After some research I tried a few other things. I updated the portfolio manager and even removed an IE update that might be conflicting. My anti-virus software was off during all of these processes. I'm about out of options... Any thoughts? Do you have the standard or the deluxe and if the ...

Word 2007 copied URL's disabled
In Vista copied links to WOR turned blue and were underlined. They became active when the Ctrl key was clicked. In Windows 7 the copied links are black and not underlined. They won't work. How can I get them to work? Word options > proofing > autocorrect options > autoformat - check the box 'internet and network paths with hyperlinks' and any other options you require. Click OK. Then either add the 'autoformat now' button to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or click ALT+CTRL+K to autoformat the document. -- <>>< ><<> &g...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

Outlook 2003 sent messages problem
Outlook is sending messages to recipients junk email folders. How can I resolve this issue? prenuer7 <prenuer7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook is sending messages to recipients junk email folders. How can > I resolve this issue? If their Outlook is declaring your messages to be junk, then perhaps the problem is on their end. However, in what format are you composing your message and are you including any links? -- Brian Tillman ...

MS Pulisher 2003 Printing/Preview Problems
Hi everyone. Got a problem with MS Publisher 2003. Designed a certificate using the Special Paper Award Certificate template but when I preview or print it the border does not show. Does anyone know how to make it preview or print with the borders? Look in a folder similar to this C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBSPAPR This folder contains the .gifs that are used in the Special Paper templates. They are low resolution but you can get the idea how your certificate will print. My Microsoft newsreader is down, is anyone else experiencing this? -- _____ "Sombre" &...

Error 553 using Outlook 2007 and Vista
Hello. I'm getting the following error using Outlook 2007 and Vista: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) When I test the account settings, it's fine. I can recieve just fine, and the only outgoing messages without this error are for recepients with my same domain. I've turned off my antivirus and windows firewall. Still this doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 550 errors usually mean you're not authenticating properly, or you're attempting to use an SMTP server other than the one your ISP provides. ...

How to Add Newsgroups to Outlook 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I want to add newsgroups to Outlook. How do I do this? It used to be in the view menu. Many thanks, jack Hello Jack, you wrote on 23 Aug 2005 09:37:38 -0700: > I just installed Office 2003 and I want to add newsgroups to Outlook. > How do I do this? > It used to be in the view menu. http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/news.htm -- Best Regards Christian Goeller On 23 Aug 2005 09:37:38 -0700, "Jack" <JackBarrett@gmail.com> wrote: > I just installed Office 2003 and I want to add newsgroups to Outlook. > How do I do this? >...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

REPOST: Outlook 2003 sending via exchange instead of pop3
Hello, Here is my setup. I have SBS 2003 (with exchange) on the server. Each user has Outlook 2003 setup with the following settings: 1) user pop3 account on server that is external to our network (all emails should go here) (set as default account) 2) exchange account on local sbs 2003 server The email store is set to a local .pst file. Right now I am only using exchange to share contacts among the company, and I do not actually wish that it is used for any email purposes. My problem is this: - new emails will by default be sent though the pop3 server (what I want) - some (not all) ema...

Exchange on SBS 2003 #3
looking for a bid of advice, I've been running Exchange on SBS 2003 for a couple of weeks now and it seemed to be running ok. But yesterday I ran into a problem where it used up all of the available space on my c: drive. It was chucking out 5mb logs every 30 seconds or so. I managed to move the logs and the files to my D: drive where there is plenty of space. But over night the size of the priv1.edb file has increased from around 2gb to 16gb which has meant Exchange has shut down. I've looked at the 13 mailboxes we're running and the total size of these is only around 500mb. Also I...

pasting enhanced metafile into Visio 2003 doesn't work, but does in Visio 2000!
Hi I am using an application that generates enhanced metafiles. Pasting them into Visio 2000 works fine. Pasting into Visio 2003 gives the error message 'error (905) the metafile is poorly constructed'. What's the difference between the two versions, metafile-wise? Do you think Visio 2003 is 'stricter' and that Visio 2000 was accepting non-properly constructed files?! Bit confused - grateful for any pointers. Emma Middlebrook emma_middlebrook@fastmail.fm I've never seen that error before. The big difference between the two versions is that Visio 2002 and 2003 us...

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

SharePoint 2007 Alerts
Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year. On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site. Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site. - Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert for..." message from the "EmployeePortal" site. - Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site collection. - Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email sett...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

Exchange Server 2003 management tool for Vista
Can the Exchange Server 2003 management tool be used on Vista Business edition? ...

How to Install Accounting Express 2008 from Office 2007 Discs
Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? Thank you. You don't. It's not there. And, it's no longer downloadable. It's been discontinued. "tmg2010" <tmg2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E5641E0-FC17-49FA-9410-D835286AA8B0@microsoft.com... : Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? : Thank you. ...

How can I import Activities from Outlook 2003 to CRM?
Hello All, I was wondering if its possible to import the activities in outlook 2003 into the activities section of MS CRM. Is it even possible? Best Regards, -Horia ...

Outlook 2003 "First Run" redo?
When you first launch Outlook under a new user's login, it prompts you for several options about "updating" or "converting" from a different e-mail client. I messed up while setting up a new machine and wanted to go back and have Outlook run those "wizards" again. But, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do it, short of completely deleting the user (and the attendant profile) and then recreating them. This would be a real hassle at this point because of the settings I've already done. Does anyone know what the "trigger" for tho...