2007 runtime causes error in previously installed version

I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the
Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has
Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form
developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the
Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I
installed.

Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they
don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built
something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the
2007 runtime. Any suggestions?
0
smc
3/19/2008 5:49:10 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

smc@seaofknowledge.com wrote:
> I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the
> Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has
> Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form
> developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the
> Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I
> installed.
>
> Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they
> don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built
> something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the
> 2007 runtime. Any suggestions?

It's really never a good idea to install Access (runtime or otherwise) on a
machine that already has a different version on it.  Developers do this
often on their own machines, but they know what the issues are and how to
deal with them.

Any way you can just give people that have a previous version a copy of your
app in that version instead of using the runtime?

That's how I distribute my Access apps.  The install CD has the Access
runtime (97 in my case) for people who have no version of Access, as well as
a 2000 file format of the app that works in every newer version of Access.
That way I can work with whatever is on their PC already.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...

Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer
How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking? I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to use as my primary office application at this time. Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel files with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message news:R%LSj.2715$NZ7.901@newsfe10.ams2... >...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

Word 2007 copied URL's disabled
In Vista copied links to WOR turned blue and were underlined. They became active when the Ctrl key was clicked. In Windows 7 the copied links are black and not underlined. They won't work. How can I get them to work? Word options > proofing > autocorrect options > autoformat - check the box 'internet and network paths with hyperlinks' and any other options you require. Click OK. Then either add the 'autoformat now' button to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or click ALT+CTRL+K to autoformat the document. -- <>>< ><<> &g...

Error 553 using Outlook 2007 and Vista
Hello. I'm getting the following error using Outlook 2007 and Vista: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) When I test the account settings, it's fine. I can recieve just fine, and the only outgoing messages without this error are for recepients with my same domain. I've turned off my antivirus and windows firewall. Still this doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 550 errors usually mean you're not authenticating properly, or you're attempting to use an SMTP server other than the one your ISP provides. ...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

how to install .oft files (forms) on a Clustered Exchange?
Hi All I have Exchange 2000 cluster active/passive. How does I install Outlook forms (.oft) files on a Clustered Exchange? Thank you, Jack Black ...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

Account Statement Due Date error
When trying to print account statements for customers, the due date shows as a five digit number (an integer) instead of the actual date format. I printed one statement, which was fine (shows the due date of 3/15/2006), but the next one I printed showed 38790 instead of 3/15/2006. Can anyone tell me how to get it fixed? I've looked in the statement.xml file, but I can't see anything there to tell me how to change it back without screwing something up. Here's what I'm doing: I'm trying to edit the statement.xml file so that the columns are a little neater and show al...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

SharePoint 2007 Alerts
Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year. On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site. Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site. - Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert for..." message from the "EmployeePortal" site. - Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site collection. - Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email sett...

Upgrade Dex 7.5 - 8.0
I am a developer, so I have multiple copies of GP on my computer and in my network. I also us Dex for modifications. I recently installed GP8 on one of my computers to duplicate an upgrade a client was making. GP8 is running fine. I also installed Dex8 and it seems to run fine. The Dex Utilities let's me compile my 7.5 code without any errors. However, when I go into Dex8 and try to run "Test Mode", I get an error when logging into the database. A get/change first operation on table SY_Users_MSTR cannot find the table. I am running Dex8 on a different computer then GP...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

#Error for False
Hi Groupies This Nested IIF statement returns #Error for the False result. Can anybody see why? I am missing it... RegHrs: IIf([Payroll Rule]="8 Daily - 44 Weekly" And [Total Time]<=8,[Total Time],IIf([Payroll Rule]="10 Daily - 44 Weekly" And [Total Time]<=10,[Total Time],IIf([Payroll Rule]="10 Daily - 40 Weekly" And [Total Time]<=10,[Total Time],""))) -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! On Thu, 20 May 2010 1...

Access 97 Installed with 2007 Runtime
Hello. We are running Win7 with Access 97, Access 2007 Runtime and Office 2007 (without Access). When opening an mdb file with Access 97, the db opens fine. However, after closing the database, then opening an accdb file with access 2007 Runtime, I get the following error " There was a problem sending the command to the program." Immediately Access 2007 Runtime goes into the "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007" Following that, the 2007 DB opens with 2007 Runtime. How can I run both Programs and prevent the error ...

Office 2004 Error
Hi guys, when I open up any office program a warning message in a window appears saying: "An unexpected error occured while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library" Does anyone know what this error is and how it could be fixed?? Thanks for all your help This is probably related to your other problem, and I would normally recommend running Microsoft AutoUpdate (in your Applications folder) to solve the problem, but since you are already experiencing issues, the safest method would be to remove Office entirely and then reinstall it. To do that, locate Remove Office in Applica...

How to Install Accounting Express 2008 from Office 2007 Discs
Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? Thank you. You don't. It's not there. And, it's no longer downloadable. It's been discontinued. "tmg2010" <tmg2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E5641E0-FC17-49FA-9410-D835286AA8B0@microsoft.com... : Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? : Thank you. ...

Page numbering Word 2007
Hi! Here's my challenge with Word 2007: Docs I create (using a a simple template (not the Normal template)) place Page X of Y in the footer of page 1 and Page X of Y in the header of the 2nd & subsequent pages. After saving & then re-opening the doc the page numbering on page 1 displays Page 1 of 3 (even though there may be 20+ pages in the doc). I am only able to get the numbering on page 1 to correct itself to the full "Page 1 of Y", if I open the footer or place my cursor on another page or Update the doc. Interestingly the same Page X of Y numbering on ...

error 1606 office 2007
When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: Error 1606.Could not access network location :. can somebody help me? > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: > Error 1606.Could not access network location :. > > can somebody help me? This is the wrong newsgroup for such issues -- Mike GoTinker, C# Blog http://www.gotinker.com "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA257E02-AA9F-47C2-934F-FC4E30986616@microsoft.com... > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ ins...

"Automation error Catastrofic failure"
I got this message as soon as I open an excel file that has some macro's to do calculations and change some of the user interface. I think it is connected to Office service pack 3 that I loaded, because the error occured a day or two after that when I had to open the specific file in question. The file was created in excel 97 and subsequently saved in excel XP when we upgraded. I have other files that were created in XP first time and they do not give this error. It requires me to shut down Excel using the task list in task manager. I am very desperate (last thing to try is dele...