2007 Customization

Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars (in
word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals, some
to a lot of people.  Some are very simple macros that make life easier and
tasks faster.  None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated
symbol to them on the QAT.  (This is probably one of the most frustrating
aspects of the ribbon.)  I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in 2007.
Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or ???
I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomizer, but can't determine if the
results are able to be shared with others.  I no longer have 2003. (I plan to
post this on the word site as well, sorry if that confuses anyone.)
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

ciao
"Karin" <Karin@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars
> (in
> word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals,
> some
> to a lot of people.  Some are very simple macros that make life easier and
> tasks faster.  None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated
> symbol to them on the QAT.  (This is probably one of the most frustrating
> aspects of the ribbon.)  I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in
> 2007.
> Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or
> ???
> I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomizer, but can't determine if the
> results are able to be shared with others.  I no longer have 2003. (I plan
> post this on the word site as well, sorry if that confuses anyone.)

0
andrea
1/9/2010 5:00:08 PM
I assume you asking this in regards to ms-access since you posted this
question in an ms-access group? (but, your question seems to ask about Excel
+ word).

For ms-access, the ribbon customizing do travel with and are normally part
of the application.

For Word, excel etc, I think the approach is somewhat different and I don't
have experience with custom ribbons in those applications, but ms-access
works quite well in this regards.

So, Access is designed in such an way that we have a system table that hold
the ribbons, and thus without any additional coding, you can use/setup and
even set what forms display your custom ribbons.

Using ribbons in ms-access is explained here:

Customizing the Office Fluent User Interface in Access 2007

Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
Albert

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...

Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer
How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking? I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to use as my primary office application at this time. Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel files with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message news:R%LSj.2715$NZ7.901@newsfe10.ams2... >...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

Gif Image in Custom Header
Using Excel 97 Is it possible to add a "gif" image into a custom header... via Print Preview > Page Set Up > custom Header??? How is it done??? Thanks Wayne Hi AFAIK this feature is only available in Excel 2003 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wayne wrote: > Using Excel 97 > > Is it possible to add a "gif" image into a custom > header... > via Print Preview > Page Set Up > custom Header??? > > How is it done??? > > Thanks > > > Wayne It's also in Excel 2002 (XP) - see icon near end-right once in H...

Word 2007 copied URL's disabled
In Vista copied links to WOR turned blue and were underlined. They became active when the Ctrl key was clicked. In Windows 7 the copied links are black and not underlined. They won't work. How can I get them to work? Word options > proofing > autocorrect options > autoformat - check the box 'internet and network paths with hyperlinks' and any other options you require. Click OK. Then either add the 'autoformat now' button to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or click ALT+CTRL+K to autoformat the document. -- <>>< ><<> &g...

Error 553 using Outlook 2007 and Vista
Hello. I'm getting the following error using Outlook 2007 and Vista: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) When I test the account settings, it's fine. I can recieve just fine, and the only outgoing messages without this error are for recepients with my same domain. I've turned off my antivirus and windows firewall. Still this doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 550 errors usually mean you're not authenticating properly, or you're attempting to use an SMTP server other than the one your ISP provides. ...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

SharePoint 2007 Alerts
Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year. On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site. Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site. - Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert for..." message from the "EmployeePortal" site. - Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site collection. - Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email sett...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

Access 97 Installed with 2007 Runtime
Hello. We are running Win7 with Access 97, Access 2007 Runtime and Office 2007 (without Access). When opening an mdb file with Access 97, the db opens fine. However, after closing the database, then opening an accdb file with access 2007 Runtime, I get the following error " There was a problem sending the command to the program." Immediately Access 2007 Runtime goes into the "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007" Following that, the 2007 DB opens with 2007 Runtime. How can I run both Programs and prevent the error ...

How to Install Accounting Express 2008 from Office 2007 Discs
Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? Thank you. You don't. It's not there. And, it's no longer downloadable. It's been discontinued. "tmg2010" <tmg2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E5641E0-FC17-49FA-9410-D835286AA8B0@microsoft.com... : Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? : Thank you. ...

Page numbering Word 2007
Hi! Here's my challenge with Word 2007: Docs I create (using a a simple template (not the Normal template)) place Page X of Y in the footer of page 1 and Page X of Y in the header of the 2nd & subsequent pages. After saving & then re-opening the doc the page numbering on page 1 displays Page 1 of 3 (even though there may be 20+ pages in the doc). I am only able to get the numbering on page 1 to correct itself to the full "Page 1 of Y", if I open the footer or place my cursor on another page or Update the doc. Interestingly the same Page X of Y numbering on ...

error 1606 office 2007
When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: Error 1606.Could not access network location :. can somebody help me? > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: > Error 1606.Could not access network location :. > > can somebody help me? This is the wrong newsgroup for such issues -- Mike GoTinker, C# Blog http://www.gotinker.com "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA257E02-AA9F-47C2-934F-FC4E30986616@microsoft.com... > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ ins...

Autofill but with a custom rule??
Hi, Is it possible to autofill with custom rules. Example: Cell A1 contains a row of IF functions with references to let's say C4, G4 and H4. If i autofill this normally A2 would contain the same IF functions but now with references to C5, G5 and H5 unless $ is used of course. My dilemma is that I want Excel to fill A2 with the same If function as A1 but with references now to C6, G6 and H6 and then when i autofill A3 I want it to contain the same IF function referring to C8, G8 and H8, so on and so forth. Since I paste data in to one sheet and then use another sheet to compile it ...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

reloaidng money 2007
I have just purchased a new computer and want to move my copy of money 2007 to this machine. I get the message that my allowable downloads have been exceeded. How do I get my money progrma onto the new machine? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve In microsoft.public.money, Steve B. wrote: >I have just purchased a new computer and want to move my copy of money 2007 >to this machine. I get the message that my allowable downloads have been >exceeded. I infer that you did not keep copy of the downloaded install file. > >How do I get my money progrma onto t...

Format only part of a DataLabel in Excel 2007/PowerPoint 2007 char
I am trying to custom format datalabels in a chart, for example if a DataLabel says 12%. I want to change it to say 12% A. This is fine, I have code (I'm actually using C# to develop but I made it into VBA code because I think it is clearer for this forum): ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate Set point = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(6).Points(1) point.DataLabel.Text = point.DataLabel.Text & " A" I saw similar code here too (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ScientificNotation.html). This setting of the size on a given range of text wit...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

fail to upload this global customer
how can I fix this problem? I ma getting this upload error everyday. A local Customer with the same account Number ######## already exists at a different store. Fail to upload this global customer. And I can figure out what to do. any Ideas?? Thanks -- Reynold Cycle hi Jose, you and do one thing go on all store and select * from customer where accountnumber='xxxxx'' see what is the status at the store is that account is global or not. see the accounttypeid, storeid etc. Regards Akber "Jose" wrote: > how can I fix this problem? I ma getting this upload erro...

Backup/Restore Project 2007
Hello, Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central administration. Installed new W2K3 server, installed Project server 2007 Trial, trying to do complete restore and encounter errors. What is correct way of restoring Project 2007 server to different computer ? Sam This way of restoring is correct. But usually there are errors related to different level of Service Packs, hotfixes applied to the servers. "Sam" wrote: > Hello, > > Have single servers complete backup taken with Backup option from Central > admini...

How to display thumbnails using Access 2007 VBA on Windows XP
Hello guys, I'm developing an Access app with MS Access 2007 on Windows XP. On the right half screen pane, I need to display thumbnails of all images (.jpg and .tif) I scanned and located in a folder, using VBA code. When clicking on one of them, the same image must be displayed in normal size in the left half pane of the screen so the user is enabled to rotate it if necessary and then save it. The Access help is of no use, it does not explain how to do it. In some Help files, the example code does not even work (there is no picture box in the control list, only Imag...