"Native" e-mail from access

Hi All,

    	Is there code out there that I can copy that makes a native e-mail
window open for users to send e-mails?  What I want is for an outlook (or
whatever) e-mail window to open like it does when you click a hyperlink.

    	Just to clarify, I've made the SendObject call work for behind the
scenes sending, and am looking at the redemption library to get around the
Outlook security popup.  What I want is an actual Outlook window (or a window
from whatever the default e-mail program is on the machine) to open so the
user can create a message from scratch.

    	I appreciate any pointers folks can give me.

Thanks, Max
0
Max
4/2/2007 6:39:36 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In news:Xns9905F0B24CA12maxmoorhotmailcom@207.46.248.16,
Max Moor <maxmoor@remove_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    Is there code out there that I can copy that makes a native e-mail
> window open for users to send e-mails?  What I want is for an outlook
> (or whatever) e-mail window to open like it does when you click a
> hyperlink.
>
>    Just to clarify, I've made the SendObject call work for behind the
> scenes sending, and am looking at the redemption library to get
> around the Outlook security popup.  What I want is an actual Outlook
> window (or a window from whatever the default e-mail program is on
> the machine) to open so the user can create a message from scratch.

You can do that with SendObject:

    DoCmd.SendObject To:="foo@bar.com", EditMessage:=True

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
4/2/2007 8:41:06 PM
"Dirk Goldgar" <dg@NOdataSPAMgnostics.com> wrote in news:uagH2cWdHHA.284
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> To:="foo@bar.com", EditMessage:=True

I reread the SendObject help, and it's right there, plain as day.  If it was
a snake...

Anyway, that's exactly what I wanted.  An embarassed thanks to you, Dirk.

- Max
0
Max

Exchange 2003 in 2003 native AD
Something I just noticed here while working on a few tests with exh2k3 and windows2003. I have a small domain setup with 2 DCs which are also GCs, AD is running in 2003 functional level (as well as 2k3 forest functional). On 'ntserver2' (original, yes?) I have Exchange 2k3 installed, in it's AD users and computers when I click on a user I get all the exchange options for him/her On 'ntserver1' which is just a DC/GC, I go to AD users and computers, click the same user, I get just the general user options (no exchange info). If the servers and AD etc. is being replicated ...

Outlook VBA to Extend a Native Rule
I am looking for some VBA code to do the following: You receive an email like: TID(123) This is the subject The email goes to your inbox as usual, but since it's a "TID(" it moves it to its matching folder on the network: \\myserver\myemail\TID(123)? Thanks for any code examples, methods, or suggestions. RBollinger This is the 3rd time you posted this. Have you taken a look at my answers already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ...

SQL Native Client
All of a sudden my users are getting the following error: Error 1: The stored procedure clearSQLTmpTable return the following results: DBMS: 10054 Error 2: A SQL network connection error occurred and your connection was cleared. This probably occurred because all available connections to the server are in use. We are currently on GP 9.0 with SQL Server 2005. I switched one of my users to standard SQL Server ODBC setup to see if that has any impact on the pop-ups. I can also verify that the SQL server connection setting is zero (unlimited). Any ideas what could be the cause of thes...

Changing opertation mode from Mixed to Native...
We are building one more mail server and we would like to take all to- be-discovered advantages of Exchange 2007 since we have purchased software assurance. We figured out it is a requirement that the Exchange organization needs to be under native mode, in order to deploy Exchange 2007. We have no more 5.5 server and I verified having Exchange 2000 and 2003 co-exist is not a problem in changing the mode. My concern is about our AD, it is still under mxied mode. So my question being, is it nessasary to change the mode of AD to native, before I could change the mode of Exchange to native? ...

Native versus mixed mode
Hello Switching from mixed to native mode, is that the same as raising the domain functional level from mixed to native mode ? In other words, if I switch Exchange 2003 server to native mode, is that simply equal to raising the whole domain to native mode ? Thanks for any insights Rudy Steyaert Not really, two different things. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270143 for Exchange. One key area of interaction is that you need a native mode domain to support Universal Security Groups, which may or may not be an issue for you if you are upgrading from 5.5. For this, see http://suppo...

Native'
Can someone help me understand this message? " Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0). " Thank you very much Zidek Hi, means your app exited with return value '0'. cheers Jagadeesh "Zidek" <inder@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:e0tNF1i6DHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Can someone help me understand this message? > > " Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0). " > > Thank you very much > Zidek > ...

Native mode vs mixed mode
Lately I have migrated from 5.5 to ES 2003. Everything worked beautifully. So as I have decommissioned the last 5.5. server, I also moved to native mode on the exchange server. When I go to "organisation" properties, I see "native mode" now. In the AD users and computers tho, the "domain functionnal level" still shows "Windows 2000 mixed" mode. For instance, I cannot create "universal group" yet since it requires "native mode" How to fix this ? Thanks On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:16:55 -0400, "Gillies" <easterngu...

Native Application launches while printing through printer
Hi, 1)I have made a driver which generates a posctscriptfile with .prn extension. I convert it from Distiller/Ghostscript to PDF it works fine. 2)To generate the postscript file i print it from the driver. While printing the document, lets say a .doc file, it opens the document in its native application (Microsoft Word ) and then closes automatically. I want the Native App should not open. 3) So i thought i should sent the data to print directlt to the printer, the native app will not launch. i Saw the Microsoft Sites "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138594", and downloaded the r...

Mixed or Native Mode Domain..
Ok here is my CRM 3.0 Question We want to implement CRM 3.0. Our Windows 2003 Active Directory is running in mixed mode and is a single domain. Will CRM 3.0 work in a mixed mode environment? Does CRM 3.0 only work in a native mode. What are the limitation with CRM 3.0 in a mixed mode environment and native mode? A trust would have to be created between both mixed and native mode domains, with CRM and SQL servers sitting in the native mode domain? Regards, Mixed mode works fine for Microsoft CRM 3.0. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "emxdad@msn.com&quo...

Is MFC native?
Hi! I'm new to MFC - Are MFC apps native? ~Matt yes ... compiled to the op code ....... although compatibility between various versions of windows should be considered ....... now that we have 32bit and 64bit ...... 16 bit is obsolete ... although we have so many huge apps in our orginization written in early ninties ..... using 16 bit apis ........ "Mateusz Rajca" <MateuszRajca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0384DC-C096-4775-A3DA-2024D6C3625C@microsoft.com... > Hi! I'm new to MFC - Are MFC apps native? > > ~Matt > > Hi! I&#...

Where is the native backup program?
Hi All, I have a customer who has not been getting a backup since 3/3. He has a scheduled task: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\bkprunner.exe" But, although I have a ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server" directory, I do not have the "Backup" subdirectory. On SBS 2003 server, what is the native backup program called and where is it located? If I have to reinstall it, can I get it off the Windows disk? Many thanks, -T On 04/02/2010 03:11 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote: > Hi All, &...

Native Resolution Issue
I have 298 laptops my section supports and recently we started running into issues with higher native resolutions. Some of our users don't like the higher resolutions because it makes everything too small, so we adjust them to lower reslutions, but the settings revert back to the native resolution whenever the laptops go to sleep, get removed from the dock or if someone else logs onto them. We use HP and Dell laptops with various models. Is there one setting in Windows XP Pro SP3 where we can "turn off" native resolution? Thanks for any help -- J Wilson ...

C# callback from native code
Hello, There's an example in .Net docs where C# delegate is called by native code ( EnumWindows - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d186xcf0(v=VS.71).aspx ). The doc states: >>>PASTE>>>>>>> 4.Ensure that the garbage collector does not reclaim the delegate before the callback function completes its work. When you pass a delegate as a parameter, or pass a delegate contained as a field in a structure, it remains uncollected for the duration of the call. So, as is the case in the following enumeration example, the callback function comp...

The natives are getting restless
There does not appear to be a way to find one's own postings. There does not appear to be a way to sort postings descending by date. The delay in postings being displayed is way too long and makes this forum less valuable. I noticed that many people ask similar questions yet there do not seem to be comprehensive answers to these questions. A case in point is my question on page numbering. It is obvious from the posted questions that dozens if not hgundreds of people are having difficulty working with page numbering in the simple case where there is a front and back c...

Native XML Support for Non-Managed C++ Code #2
Since XML is becoming so important in main stream programming, is there any possiblity that Microsoft would add native XML support to it's non-managed VC++ 7.1 development environment. It would be nice to have native MFC classes to access and manipulate XML similar to the functionality that is already available in .Net. It is a real pain for C++ programmers to use smart-pointers, VARIANTS, and/or building class wrappers for COM components just to be able to access this core programming functionality. Thanks, Bruce ...

can not change E2003 to native mode
I am unable to change my Exchange 2003 server organization to Native mode. The option is grayed out in the ESM. Currently we are in Mixed mode. I have recently removed my last Exchange 5.5 server from my Exchange system. I do not see any references to my old server "Ironman" anywhere in my ESM or AD Users and Computer, or AD Sites and Services. I thought I have cleaned all remaining elements of the old 5.5 from the AD metabase but there must be something remaining that I can not find. I need to install Exchange 2003 on the server that used to be 5.5 but I want to change to na...

Mixed vs Native Mode in CRM 3.0
Hi, What are the limitations when CRM is implemented on Mixed mode? And how it differ from Native mode? Are there any documentation for implementing in Mixed mode? Carrie When you say mixed mode are you referring to AD and the fact that you are also running a Windows NT 4 domain? If so the IG does state that as long as you have AD in place before installing v3 you can configure CRM in the AD and then trust the NT4 domain. "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > What are the limitations when CRM is implemented on Mixed mode? And how it > differ from Native mode? Are there a...

Is there a native access version of the treeview?
I have a need to use the treeview control in a database I'm working on but I do NOT want to deal with the activex registration issues if I can get around it. Is there any control native to access that can be made to act the same? I can go with 2 or 3 listboxes but that is just not as slick looking in a finished application and it uses up too much space on the form. I have used the treeview with nested recordsets in the past but that was on a single user app so there was not a big issue in getting the control loaded. The app I'm working on now will be used by 20+ peopl...

CRM and Active Directory Native Mode?
I recieved my Action Pack kit and I'm trying to install CRM on our server. We have Windows 2003, with a standard Active Directory Deployment, Exchange Server 2003, and SQL 2000 SP3a loaded up. When I try to install CRM, it gives the following error: "Your Active Directory deployment must be in Native Mode" Any ideas as to what I can do, or why this is happening? Thanks! CRM is not currently supported on any Windows 2003 server platforms. But, you need to change the Domain to Native mode which can be done in the Active Directory (can't remember which MMC though). &q...

Native Mode
I've been getting mixed answer. I have one Exchange 2000 server and I am in the process to upgrade it to Exchange 2003 on a new box. I've done my forestprep and domainprep. I want to switch my Exchange organization over to Native Mode next (or do I have to). My question is do I have to reboot the server or restart any services after the switch? Thanks Kit You only have to restart the information store after the move to native mode as per 2003 deployment guide. tsc btw - say hi to Michael for me ;) > I've been getting mixed answer. I have one Exchange 2000 serv...

Entourage and E2k3 Native Mode
Any known issues? About to switch from Mixed to Native. Just want to make sure we won't mess up the macs. ...

Switch to Exchange native mode
Quick question regarding to switching to native mode: Is there any relationship between Exchange native mode and Windows native mode? Specifically, I have a mixed mode W2k3 domain with one NT4 domain controller that I cannot retire or upgrade at this time. However, all of my exchange servers are Exchange 2003. Can I switch Exchange to native mode while keeping the domain in mixed mode? > Is there any relationship between Exchange native mode and Windows > native mode? No, not really. Only the use of universal distribution and security groups. > Specifically, I have a mixed mode W...

finally going native
We FINALLY turned off our last NT 4.0 domain controller a few months back and are now looking to move our Windows 2003 domain from mixed to native mode. I KNOW management is going to have a problem with the idea that there is no rollback plan for this move. Anyone ever encountered a problem with moving to 2003 Native? We are a single domain, single site infrastructure. Can't really get more simple. Thanks, Phil Hello Phil, If you have no earlier OS DC then Windows 2003 you can raise the functional levels. Personal i have never had problems. Before starting c...

Mixed mode to native mode #2
I have converted mixed mode to native mode in Exchange server 2003 but even then I am unable to make query based distribution group. The message is Query based distribution can be made in native mode only. When I check the properties it is already in native mode. "Rajan Goel AM ( IT)" <Rajan Goel AM ( IT)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have converted mixed mode to native mode in Exchange server 2003 but even >then I am unable to make query based distribution group. The message is Query >based distribution can be made in native mode only. When I check the ...

Native vs Mixed DC
Hi, Does anyone know what is the difference between native and mixed DC? And how does it impact to CRM installation using either one of this. Hope to hearing from anyone soon. Thx, Carrie I think you mean native vs mixed mode domain. This is feature of the Active Directory and concerns the functionality of Active Directory depending on whether there is a mix of older Windows NT 4.0 Backup Domain Controllers, Windows 2000 DCS and Windows 2003 DCs. Whether you have native or mixed mode on your AD has no bearing on CRM. "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know w...