#### in Access Pivot Tables

I have an Access 2007 pivot table and can't seem to get rid of the ### signs
showing instead of my values showing. I have widened the columns but am still
having problems. Help!
--
sternb
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sternb -

What should the data look like?  (How big are the numbers?)   And how many
#s do you see in the widened column?
You may want to format your data - are you showing both comma and decimal
separators as well as maybe a currency symbol and/or brackets for negative
values?  They all take up room.  Expand the column very wide until you get a
value you can see - maybe there is an error in a calculation or something
that is returning numbers much larger than you expect?

--
Daryl S

"sternb" wrote:

> I have an Access 2007 pivot table and can't seem to get rid of the ### signs
> showing instead of my values showing. I have widened the columns but am still
> having problems. Help!
> --
> sternb
The numbers are formatted correctly and the pivot table looks fine until I
look at it in Print Preview. Then many of the numbers change to the ####
symbols and print with the #### symbols showing.
--
sternb

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Sternb -
>
> What should the data look like?  (How big are the numbers?)   And how many
> #s do you see in the widened column?
> You may want to format your data - are you showing both comma and decimal
> separators as well as maybe a currency symbol and/or brackets for negative
> values?  They all take up room.  Expand the column very wide until you get a
> value you can see - maybe there is an error in a calculation or something
> that is returning numbers much larger than you expect?
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "sternb" wrote:
>
> > I have an Access 2007 pivot table and can't seem to get rid of the ### signs
> > showing instead of my values showing. I have widened the columns but am still
> > having problems. Help!
> > --
> > sternb
You just might be running into a case where the size of the font , length of
the string, and the width of the "Cell" conspire to prevent display of the
entire value. When that happens, the result will be  #### is displayed to
tell you "there is something here, but that it is too wide to print/display
in this particular mode."

The solution, obviously, is to give that cell more width so it can do its
job more gracefully.

HTH

George

"sternb" <sternb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The numbers are formatted correctly and the pivot table looks fine until I
> look at it in Print Preview. Then many of the numbers change to the ####
> symbols and print with the #### symbols showing.
> --
> sternb
>

> "Daryl S" wrote:
>
>> Sternb -
>>
>> What should the data look like?  (How big are the numbers?)   And how
>> many
>> #s do you see in the widened column?
>> You may want to format your data - are you showing both comma and decimal
>> separators as well as maybe a currency symbol and/or brackets for
>> negative
>> values?  They all take up room.  Expand the column very wide until you
>> get a
>> value you can see - maybe there is an error in a calculation or something
>> that is returning numbers much larger than you expect?
>>
>> --
>> Daryl S
>>

>> "sternb" wrote:
>>
>> > I have an Access 2007 pivot table and can't seem to get rid of the ###
>> > signs
>> > showing instead of my values showing. I have widened the columns but am
>> > still
>> > having problems. Help!
>> > --
>> > sternb

0
George

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Location of pivot chart
I am using Excel 2003. I want to create a pivot chart from a pivot table. As soon as I click the chart button, however, Excel immediately creates the chart in a sheet of its own. I want to be able to create that chart in an existing sheet. I can't see an easy way to do this, other than then moving the one that's been created on its own chart sheet. Surely there must be a way to bi-pass that step? Making a pivot chart doesn't take you through the full-blown chart wizard, which allows this choice on its last step. I can't think of a non-VBA way to put a pivot chart dir...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

Pivot table subtotals 100%
This is what I want: Apples ...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Unique distinct count in pivot table?
I have the following table with fields "Name", "State", and "price": Name State price Mary OH 14.94 Mary OH 15.01 Joe WA 12.17 Joe WA 18.95 I create a pivot table putting State in the row area and Count of Name in the data area. I get the following results: State OH 2 WA 2 This is telling me the number of occurrences of a name in the table in a given state. What I want it to tell me is the number of different names in a state. Is there an elegant way to do this in a pivot table? Much thanks for any help. A pivot table won't calculate a uni...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

verify pivot table source
how do I verify that a pivot table source is another pivot table in the same excel file? I have lots of tables that use the same source. Thanks You can see if the pivot tables use the same pivot cache. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot11.html John G wrote: > how do I verify that a pivot table source is another pivot table in the same > excel file? I have lots of tables that use the same source. > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Outlook Web Access #19

Missing values from a pivot table field
I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426 records. The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain the second value. When I click on the arrow associated with that field it does not contain the second value either. Is there somewhere else in the settings this value could have been lost? Perhaps try Drag the field off the table Refresh the table Drag the field back on. With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot ta...

Accounting with Ms Access

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...