#Deleted in feilds of record in Table Access 2003

Periodically we find a record in a table that has #Deleted in all feilds of
the record.  It can not be deleted.  The database must be compacted and
repaired and then the record can be deleted.  This is usually discovered when
a user open a form that uses a query linked to that table and they receive
"Record is deleted" window.  The record is not deleted by any users.  Seems
to be a false state.

Last occurance - someone indicated they were in the record put in this
state.  They used the back space to clear information in the record.  That
was only known change to the record.

Looking for a possible root cause.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The symptom indicates a corruption is taking place.

The most common cause of corruption is an interrupted write, i.e. Access is
attempting to save a change, but only partial information is written. There
can be many causes, such as a faulty network card (if data is coming over
the network), faulty computer, interrupted power, etc, etc.

For suggestions on what to do, see:
    Preventing Corruption
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-25.html
It's a fairly extensive list to work through: don't skip over items.

"Nelson" <Nelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Periodically we find a record in a table that has #Deleted in all feilds
> of
> the record.  It can not be deleted.  The database must be compacted and
> repaired and then the record can be deleted.  This is usually discovered
> when
> a user open a form that uses a query linked to that table and they receive
> "Record is deleted" window.  The record is not deleted by any users.
> Seems
> to be a false state.
>
> Last occurance - someone indicated they were in the record put in this
> state.  They used the back space to clear information in the record.  That
> was only known change to the record.
>
> Looking for a possible root cause.

0
Allen
4/18/2007 3:35:39 PM
you know... if you had an ounce of logic, you would move to SQL Server

MDb is for cripples and retards

On Apr 18, 7:26 am, Nelson <Nel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Periodically we find a record in a table that has #Deleted in all feilds of
> the record.  It can not be deleted.  The database must be compacted and
> repaired and then the record can be deleted.  This is usually discovered when
> a user open a form that uses a query linked to that table and they receive
> "Record is deleted" window.  The record is not deleted by any users.  Seems
> to be a false state.
>
> Last occurance - someone indicated they were in the record put in this
> state.  They used the back space to clear information in the record.  That
> was only known change to the record.
>
> Looking for a possible root cause.

0
Todos
4/18/2007 5:29:11 PM
"T o d o s   M e n o s   [ M S F T ]" <t o d o s_ m e no s _ m s f t@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>you know... if you had an ounce of logic, you would move to SQL Server
>
>MDb is for cripples and retards

Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not an employee
of Microsoft.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

SusanV

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> "T o d o s   M e n o s   [ M S F T ]" <t o d o s_ m e no s _ m s f
> t@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>you know... if you had an ounce of logic, you would move to SQL Server
>>
>>MDb is for cripples and retards
>
> Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
> an employee
> of Microsoft.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

0
SusanV
4/19/2007 11:25:17 AM
if you had an ounce of logic, you would move to SQL Server

MDb is for cripples and retards

I mean.. just because Michael Kaplan is too retarded to learn ADP;
that doesn't mean YOU need to be

On Apr 19, 4:25 am, "SusanV" <svanal...@nospam-mvps.org> wrote:
> Phht! Doesn't he have anything better to do? This harassment has gone on for
> years...
>
> SusanV
>
> "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote in messagenews:8ocd2396b4ndumh6oeu50ukh3df7blrej8@4ax.com...
>
> > "T o d o s   M e n o s   [ M S F T ]" <t o d o s_ m e no s _ m s f
> > t...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >>you know... if you had an ounce of logic, you would move to SQL Server
>
> >>MDb is for cripples and retards
>
> > Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
> > an employee
> > of Microsoft.
>
> > Tony
> > --
> > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> >   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> > read the entire thread of messages.
> >   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> >http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

0
Todos

access control name from the sub
I have several same controls on the form like spin buton. Because it runs exactly same logic, but its name, I would like to have one even code called by all the controls. I need to know the name of the controls to do some actions. I tried to use name, but it gives me the name of the form. I tried self but VBA does not recognize it. How can I access the control name from its events? Your information is great appreciated, Multiple controls cannot share the save event procedure; however, you can do what you want easily. Since you have a form and a subform to deal with, my suggestion would...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

Cannot delete subreport

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

add news reader to Outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to add the newsreader button to the go menu in outlook 2003. Thanking you in advance David It's a known issue in Outlook 2003 where the News command disappears if Outlook is chosen as the default newsreader. Try the following -- it seems to work for many: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No bu...

problem with outlook 2003
Hello all. im having a strange problem with outlook 2003. almost everytime i send email, or forwared them to people in my contacts list they get the mail empty. either the subject of the email is gone from the mail, and then when people try to open this email the computer gets stuck (it happend in different pcs with different versions of office on them from 2000 up to office 2003). the other problem is when the email reaches the people im mailing them (and the subject is not removed from it), then the email is recieved empty. all my attachments are gone from the email. its dosent matter...

pulling table modified date
hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the form. any ideas? TIA Ted also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message news:uLzIPc$ZIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the > Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the > form. any ideas? > > TIA > Ted > > > You could get the creatio...

Rule for Deleted Items

Manipulating Pivot Table Data Fields
Hi all, Have a question regarding the Data Field in pivot tables. I have a number of rows that have repeating values. What I want in the Data Field (Sum) is a count of DISTINCT values in the column. ie: FR065817 \ FR065817 |----> counted as one FR065817 / FR066154 \___> counted as one FR066154 / FR066158 -----> counted as one FR066159 \___> counted as one FR066159 / However I need all the data in the table as I'm using other columns for different fields in the pivot table. Is there a way to do this? If I have to split the table somehow, I'm willing to do...

Unable To Read Certain fields in Linked Excel Sheet to Access
I am using Acc 2003, but Acc 2007 should work the same (I think). I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read. There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet. Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this. Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ??? I also assume that if I was to rea...

RPC Error in Outlook 2003
I am encountering an RPC error as I try to connect to my exchange server. When I try to resolve my name I get a timeout error and when I try to open outlook I get the RPC error. Could you provide a solution? Without telling us the exact error, the only guess I can come up with is you are missing one of the following registry keys. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll" -- Due to the Sw...

Refreshing fields in table cells.
Situation is as follows ... A document header contains a text box. This text box contains a table. The table has a field in each cell (20 fields in total). How do I select all these fields in VBA to refresh their values? The text box (and the table therein) are in a building block that is placed in the header using a macro. I know the cells can refresh because I see the refreshed values if I do a print preview, but I want to see them while looking at page Layout just after I have defined new field values. Field values are applied via a user form and it also here after pressing...

Access 2003 multiple if then statement help
Hello, I am having a problem constructing the proper clause for querying my database. I have multiple values used in computing daily averages of constituent data for measurements. An example of my table for my table [tbl_data] is shown below; Constit Value AdjConstitValue UseIterpolated DoNotUse S1 1300 1258 [x] [ ] S1 1352 [ ] [ ] S1 1564 [ ] [x] etc.. Using an if statement I put together a statement for the query to display the AdjConstitValue if UseInterpolated is checked and that works f...

Delete macros

Problem with popup form on a single record
I have a record that has a form for a user to enter information into. If the user needs to add additional information, a popup screen (popup and modal) comes up for them to add additional information. Both forms service one record. Occasionally, and I can't seem to define it exactly, I get an error message saying that another user (I'm the only user) is trying to update the record and I have three choices: Save the information, write it to the clipboard or dump the information. The last time I saved it, I corrupted the entire database and had to start all over again. The...

make table not replacing table on back end
Access 2003 I have split my database and distributed the FE to users The database has an ODBC connection to Lotus Notes. I create a make table query called q00NonconformMKTbl to dump the data from the Lotus Notes ODBC connection to the tNonconformance table. But since the database is split when i run the Make table it is only updating on my instance of the FE. Is there a why to do a Make table and specify to delete and recreate the table in the BE? It was making me crazy until i figured why only my db was updating with lates data. -- deb Instead of dropping a tab...

How do I unrestrict access to files Information Rights Mgmnt?
Yesterday I was working on an excel spreadsheet and could not do "print preview" without being questioned about Information rights Management in MS Office 2003. I could not get past this so I went ahead and set up a couple email addresses of people who could access this file. Now the software will not properly authorize my opening this file as it cannot verify my email address. I do not know how to unrestrict the file so that I can continue working on it. ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

how to view 2 tables in design view side by side (access 2007)
I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in design view. How is this done in access 2007. Click on the Office Button, at the bottom right click the Access Options, select Current Database, under Applications Options - Data Window Options unselect Display Document Tabs and select Overlapping Windows. You will need to restart Access to take affect. -- Build a little, test a little. "celeste" wrote: > I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in > design view. How is this done in access 2007. ...